/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

Set the world afire edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is Stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

old thread

Who's Shoshone?

Pocatello

I haven't touched stellaris since the week of release.
Did they make it better yet?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this a good enough start?

Lucky bastard.

Give me your epic 4x ideas

a 4x game

UNDER THE SEA

Waifus.

Haven't looked at Stellaris in months and months and months. Is it playable yet, or will it never be?

FUND IT

A game set in the Abyss.
Each new "town" is actually a fragment of consciousness given form.

could be better
course my grain is from mokosh's resource bonus and not there naturally so I'm actually a little bit pissy a second grain resource spawned right next to it

plate tectonics
Your enemy is the planet itself.

4x game with no grid
that isn't set in space

t. Alpha Centauri

Near future setting.
Starts off in a small local area.
Instead of "ages" you start managing 1 person, then acquire new people, then you're managing a pair, a small party, a group, a "town" etc.
The first handfuls of turns is for exploring/scouting/getting your bearings. Then cliche zombie outbreak happens. You have to establish your base of operations. Other civilizations/survivors will be your allies and enemies as the game progresses. Tech tree will require you to find/recruit different survivors but certain core gameplay will be available to everyone (everyone can grow tomatoes even if you're a city born pizza delivery guy). Units like cars and boats can't be bought but scavenged, or bartered for, or even stolen in the event you fight against one.
As you progress by arming your folks, upgrading defences, communication, etc you can start to clear more buildings and expand your colony. Resources won't respawn so you'll most likely need to travel with large groups multiple times a game until you can establish a self sufficient community.
You win by eradicating your map of the zombie threat, be that on your own, through diplomacy of other colonies, discovering/creating a cure, escaping your continent, etc.

I kind of want to watch a playthrough of CIV 5 anyone got a decent suggestion on who I could watch?

Marbozir is good, although he has a thick accent

no

This might already exist, and if it does please let me know.

A space 4x game that takes place on the surface of spherical planets, and that allows you to find and colonize other planets or make contact with their inhabitants. Rather that immediately starting in the future however, you begin in the ancient era, competing with other Civs on your planet and have to work your way up to unlocking the technology for space travel.

So Spore, but not shit.

huh.. i guess that's what I was thinking yeah

I don't think I'll ever be not assblasted about Spore

About to try the free Demo on Steam, anyone know how it is?

I don't think I'll ever not be assblasted about Planetary Annihilation, Starbound, Paranautical Activity and Inescapable.

My ass is already ravaged

tfw I only get into games im certain about and dont rely on promises so ive never been burned
feels good

>lists no games
Games are better when you don't follow them before release

bees

What about ants?

A 4x about mining all of the resources on an asteroid in the struggle to survive and blaze it.

civ stage was impossible on Hard, unless you started with a merchant city.

You know what the entire game was
shit

a game based on the private sector of distant worlds

Been exploring for a bit.

I hate you.

A space capitalism 2/transport tycoon
My dick is hard

You must've really ramped up the resources option or something for that playthrough.

Which freaking tile has the uranium?

never mind, I'm an idiot

there is an arrow pointing to it out of the bottom of the icon you sperg

>tfw brain damage

WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL

there is no resources option
playing on a small world size only guarantees 1 copy of each resource; they should still be spread out and confined to specific biomes

I could never play another fucking zombie survival game in my life and be better for it, pass.

I want to fuck Boudicca

Should I scrap the free vessel you get in your starting system in Distant Worlds?

Which Civ is the most FUN to play?

Yes, but I'd wait until the next update until trying it again.

Inca

Confederates.

I really do not understand 'confederate pride'. They got absolutely crushed.

'preserve their way of life'

Oh the euphemisms

Rednecks and /pol/acks

Then you don't really understand America.

It isn't a euphemism because it's quite literal. Also I'm not going to say that it 'wasn't about slavery', but that certainly wasn't the main issue - the main issue was whether or not the central government had the right to tell individual states whether or not slavery was allowed.

Civilzation lets you play as the Romans, who practiced slavery on an institutional scale, the Americans, who founded their country through mass genocide, and the Mongolians, who killed so many people it slightly altered the temperature of the entire earth, and many other civilizations who had and have skeletons aplenty in their closets.

The CSA is a fine choice for a civ with company like that.

What other pride is the south going to have? being ex-spanish colonies?

>Then you don't really understand America.
Yeah uh
Look at least they fucking won that war even if mainly because the British didn't have time to deal with them when France was waving its cock around. The Confederates got obliterated.

>Washington
Who was a literal British officer who kept trying to engage in field battles before people talked him out of an idiotic idea.

Not him but the CSA is kind of pathetic as a "civilization" which lasted 4 years and didn't achieve all that much international recognition.

They could just shout USA USA USA like the rest of their nation.

>the Americans, who founded their country through mass genocide

Butthurt yankee detected

>They got absolutely crushed.
Outnumbered 2:1, and still killed more

its just like african pride. it doesnt make much sense at all. in reality, most practicing confederates are just racists who try to justify it.
kd ratio doesnt really matter in wars

As I said, "absolutely crushed". I don't care about KDR, even beginning the war was idiotic when they were so obviously outmatched in almost every goddamn way.

>kd ratio doesnt really matter in wars
It means that they didn't get absolutely crushed

tfw Blessed Paths is actually worthwhile for your village

Original poster.
There's nothing wrong with racism as long as you know you're racist.

It kind of does. The North hardly took damage, the south had to be rebuilt. That's what I call 'crushed', wouldn't you agree?

>As I said, "absolutely crushed". I don't care about KDR, even beginning the war was idiotic when they were so obviously outmatched in almost every goddamn way.

Absolutely crushed is killing off your opponent with hardly any casualties.
Not outdying them despite having a much superior force.

By that logic, America didn't get their asses handed to them in Vietnam.

>Absolutely crushed is killing off your opponent with hardly any casualties.
On a tactical level yes, on a strategic level no. The North could've burned the south to ash if they felt like it (and could deal with the backlash), the south didn't even get to the valuable parts of the north.

>The North hardly took damage
Except for dying more

>There's nothing wrong with racism as long as you know you're racist.
yea I know. but its honestly pathetic what some of them do. I live in the south (florida) in a pretty hick area. you get giant trucks driving around with confederate flags waving (along with bush and trump stickers) and people not wanting to rename schools that used to be named after slave owners/confederate generals, because its a part of their 'culture.' its okay if you're racist but they try to justify it by saying its their culture, not them.

>people not wanting to rename schools that used to be named after slave owners/confederate generals
Let me guess, you were voting for Bernie?

And having a bigger population so they could absorb the deaths better and a relatively unstrained industry which allowed them to recover easily. Relatively symmetrical wars aren't determined by death counts.

>hick area
I am sorry for your loss.

>not wanting to rename schools
I don't see the problem here though. Renaming those schools is like censorship and denying part of history ever occurred. Jefferson Davis might've been a confederate but most people generally agree he was at least somewhat competent and actually wanted the best for his people.

>but they try to justify it by saying its their culture
Perhaps the same could be said of most of the USA

Feels good man
Now I just need an Orc or dwarf to wield it

Half of the USA doesn't know what that word means

They also hate spics despiste half the USA being ex spanish territories

>people not wanting to rename schools that used to be named after slave owners
Is it time to shut down George Washington University
#black lives matter

Any good non space games?

>Renaming those schools is like censorship and denying part of history ever occurred.
Arguable. People can say the complete opposite, that ignoring the fact that these people owned slaves is denying that they ever did owned them.

>people not wanting to rename schools that used to be named after slave owners/confederate generals, because its a part of their 'culture.'
No one would ever take seriously the idea of renaming Washington DC or taking down Washington Monument despite the fact that George Washington was a slave owner himself because it's part of American culture.

>Arguable. People can say the complete opposite, that ignoring the fact that these people owned slaves is denying that they ever did owned them.
I imagine that it's more of a denial that it is a significant fact any more than someone being black himself is a significant fact. It isn't. Who cares if they were a slave owner? Back in the day it was like saying he was a motorcycle owner or an Apple user, /g/ memes about Apple being bad not just memes aside.

yes

>Who cares if they were a slave owner?
People who are descendant of those slaves and feel insulted that a man who might have exploited their ancestors is being revered as a hero by some and his sins being ignored?
I mean, those who bear the Confederate flag talk big about their American pride and culture (ironic, considering that the confederate themselves where separatists who DIDN'T want to be American anymore), but what about the pride and culture of those who were exploited by these ancestors?

Wouldn't it be better for these places of importance to be renamed as something that ALL of the community that visits it can look up to?

post yfw
>Incan Norwegian ski infantry

PA: Titans

It's been done. Or is being done.

bees

I laughed a little
then I frowned a lot

It's our own fault in a way for trusting the earlier access meme. The only games I've ever seen actually go through with their promises so far are Subnautica and Prison Architect. PA was the biggest kick in the balls for sure though.

>turn 10 endless legend as the alayyi
>find some cultist settler walking back and forth in a random spot of the map unguarded
>kill it
>the cultists have been exterminated!

AI can't reroll the map in case of shitty starts and Cultists are very picky about the region they have to settle.

Are the following games 4x

>Battle Academy 2

>Order of Battle

>Pike and Shot

The North did burn the South to Ash though.

Imagine you are part of a country that hates you and calls you retarded and worthless inbreds at every opportunity.

Wouldn't you take pride in the entity you were when you were independent?

So now we can't name schools after George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

Probably because Mexico isn't Spain. A bunch of Mestizos with their own culture are a different entity.

What say you guys?

Is he being honest?