/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Happy Hunting Edition

Previous Thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

Fuck off, Gregor.

What's your stats/gem setup for your wheel tho

THIRD FOR PURGE FILTH

FOURTH FOR PURGE FILTH

Stats are 20/50, gems are three 21.5% nourishings.

What's the drop rate of twin shards from the Baglords in the Bagrealm? Doesn't seem terribly high and I want a +6 weapon.

That's on a normal wheel? Or Lost?

Farming them right now.

I have high ARC, so they're dropping at roughly 30-40% for me.

Either way, they're not very uncommon. I think Old Yharnam also has a bunch of twin shards lying around.

My bad, not Old Yharnam.

Meant Catheral Ward.

Er. I messed up a little. It's a normal Wheel, two Amygdala nourishings, one of the radials is an offshape.

Abyone in need of a co-operator?

The offshape would make like a 2% difference in ATK right?
Otherwise next best is Lost with two 21% and one 19.5%? Cause that's what I'm going for..
as soon as I find a Lost wheel.

My only problem with running a Lost Wheel is that waning nourishings can't have +physical as a secondary, and I'd really rather not have my Wheel go FWOOOSH or KZZRZZTZT every time I hit something. I could rock three Amygdala gems if I wanted though; I have a +10 Lost Wheel in storage.

I've beaten the game and have no idea what blood bullets are all about. Am I retarded? I used nothing but regular quicksilver bullets.

>+physical
>FWOOOSH
fair points. I'm sticking to my normal then, if only to save the trouble of getting to and upgrading a Lost.

What about the Gargoyles` gems? I'm not sure what shape they are but their secondary of Open foes would give you a better AR than flat secondary, considering with the wheel most hits that land are against people who just dashed/attacked.

You can press Up on the D-Pad to sacrifice 30% of your health to make 5 Blood Bullets, which serve as Temporary Quicksilver bullets.
(They disapear when you go to Hunter's Dream)

They're good If you've run out of bullets but still have a descent amount of Vials.
If you want to spamm your gun or Hunter Tools for a bit longer than normal.
Save money you would have spent on QS Bullets.
Or to just save up on QS Bullets in general.

Fucking brainsucker as a boss? Fuck this sick game! What are some weapons with thrusting?

Try Bolt Paper too.

Or, a Tonitrus.

Wanna run through the Forbidden Snakeland?

What are your STR and SKL stats?

Yeah forgot they were weak to bolt, thanks. I just let myself die the first time so I could minimize insight loss until I came up with a better way, but that was easy. This game needs trigger warnings before those things...

Sure
Pass?

Yeah, those fuckers can absolutely brutalize your insight.
>mfw even after doing several playthroughs, I still managed to get grabbed 3 times in a row by a Brainsucker in the Upper Cathedral Ward

Brainsuckers are bullshit enemies with four attacks, one of which is spammed 90% of the time.

You can counter their bullshit with bullshitting of your own by exiting the game as soon as you get grabbed..

Same is true for Winter Lanterns

Pass is Vit, with a capital V, ringadingin' at the Forbidden Woods lamp

If you want some Echoes to Max out your VIT and buy some other useful goodies.
Then i recommend we get to Cainhurst for the Corruption Rune so i gan give you some.

Yo, I'm down for this. Gimme a second to get there and I'll ring.

I just had to run out of Stamina the moment the Pig Started charging.
I'll ring at the fog instead.

And If you want some action, i suggest you go to the Fog as well

We have room for another friend!

Ring at the Shadows fog with the pass Vit, capital V

cool, heading there now

Booting up.

Savescumming Amy soon in Loran for Waning Nourishing Abyssals. Going to open Isz Amy as well for Triangles.

Anyone want in?

okay why the fuck isn't this working for me, I have the password, it's set to worldwide and I'm standing right there. so what gives?

Absolutely. Post the pass and glyph and I'll be there right quick.

I'll join

Ah-hah, there we go. Ex-cellent. Thanks for the Vermin, chaps. Now that I know how this works, it should go smoother next time.

Pass is bbg1, glyph is ske4igwv (if you have it)

Ringing.

>If you want some Echoes to Max out your VIT and buy some other useful goodies.
Then i recommend we get to Cainhurst for the Corruption Rune so i gan give you some.

Hey I'd love to go through Cainhurst! Gotta grab that invite first, you still up for it in say five to seven minutes?

Sure
Set a pass in the meantime, and tell me when you're ringing.

I'll give Cainhurst a shot with you if you'd like. Just, for the love of the God, don't engage with the bloodlickers--make a beeline for the front gate.

Hm. Nourishing Damp, 20.7% with HP Recover and ATK down on beasts.

This is pretty good, an Abyssal would only be .8% difference. Do you guys want to keep going? Idk what better 2nd stats there are for Waning but I don't mind letting go of this one.

I'll keep going

Fantastic! I'll be there in just a few minutes, pass will be Vit, and that's with a capital V

Ok. Ringing.

I don't know what all the secondaries are for wanings, but I know you can get +fire or +bolt for Boomhammer or Tonny, respectively. Let's keep going.

Bloodborne newfag from the end of the last thread here. Played it for about an hour and a half.

Is this game just going to be me constantly facing groups of enemies who all attack me at different times so I have no way of sneaking an attack in? Also, do I just save by returning to the Hunter's Dream? Pretty fun so far, just really frustrating.

Just lure the enemies out. Don't try to fight them all at the same time.

Also, Molotov Cocktails help.

Most of the time, yes, but there are tons of weapons with wide swings, so groups are never a problem.

The game saves every minute or so. The autosave icon will appear in the upper right when the game saves. If you want a failsafe, then you can just go back to the Hunter's Dream.

Don't engage large groups of enemies if yuou can help it. Use pebbles or edge closer to peel off one or two at a time. If all else fails you can try running past them. Game's kinda newbie-unfriendly until you get the chance to start leveling up.

Also you can just turn on auto-save (and should).

Stop invading me Gregor, it's unseemly.

Ringing.

No, I think the mob in Yharnam is actually the biggest you'll see in the game. You might want to kite them onto the narrow streets or stairs, fight them 2 at a time. You should have a range advantage with any of the starting weapons, and can hit them relatively safely after the one or two in front attack.

Saving is automatic and done when you change any equipment, or die.

Be aggressive, my dude, you're strong, too. Bait enemies away, use those pebbles.

The game is saving by itself all the time, when you want to quit, go into the menu and choose 'Exit Game' to save and exist properly.

OKAY

RINGING AT KEKHURT LAMP

Pass is Vit, capital V

Don't ask me why I dashed into the beam from a safe spot.

I'm not invading, you're just Vileblood filth.

Nice work getting smashed, by the way.

thanks guys. I'm a Lone Survivor and I made a red-headed qt

Can I buy female clothes later on?

Yeah this is basically why I never take off the League rune when playing co-op.

using the resonant bell but not getting anything yuet. lemme try silencing it and starting over.

lone survivor is honestly a pretty good origin to start on. more forgiving of error, albeit very very slightly

what did you pick as your starting weapon? optimization doesn't actually matter until you can level up but the fighting style is different for each

So let's just pretend that attempt never happened.

Co-op makes me so much worse at the game

the axe. I think I may have made a mistake.

Are you me?

No, the Axe is pretty good, especially for beginners. It has high rally potential and its tricked mode is great for crowd control.

May want to pick up a Saw Spear from Central Yharnam for serrated, though.

ginger/redhead is best fetish

Lone survivor axe wielding master race here. I think you made a balls-out fantastic choice for a first character. In fact, I'm excited for you. I'll never play Bloodborne for the first time ever again, but you are about to.

i am all things to all people. so did i miss the cainhurst bell, cause i;m getting bupkis

axe is actually not a bad choice either, but you have to play to its strengths; the charged R2 in the two-handed mode is good at crowd control but its no good to you unless you get the positioning right

also? most of the people in this thread are insane fanatics, and have forgotten the game is actually legit really difficult when you play for the first time so don't get too hung up about struggling early on, because everyone did

Alright
Just put on 'Corruption' and tell me where to meet for our little Blood Ritual.

James! Voldemort! Thank you very much! That Logarius fight went very, very smoothly.

Let's meet up in comfy night time Central Yharnam!

Jesus fucking Christ this is embarrassing.

The first fight made me think this would be so easy.

>tfw you lose over 40k echoes because you have absolutely no Frenzy resistance
>was collecting all those echoes to level up
>got all those echoes just by co-oping
OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

END MY FUCKING LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THE GEM SYSTEM!!
FUCK IT!!!
FUCK IT TO HEEELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

I promise this never happens otherwise.

>This much autism over just forty thousand echoes

I lost over twenty million the other day and didn't even give a shit. Either calm your sperg ass down or consider suicide.

Kek I'm not the fag you were partying with, I just fucking hate the lickers apparently as much as you do.

Well you couldn't have lost your Echoes at a better time, just ring your Small Resonant Bell for in Central Yahrnam.
So you can get some echoes too.

Btw
Pass is: Vit
with a capital V

Have you rung?

It might have been 400k, I don't know, it was just a fucking LOT for me to level up, and I needed ~530k. Not only that, but I also need echoes to refill my bullets and vials after every co-op because I'm a Hunter Tools character. Took forever to get all those echoes because Bloodborne is fucking DYING.

>lol all your progress is gone forever now, oh and just at the final stretch too lol just get over it
F U C K Y O U
I hope your future mate has a miscarriage two weeks before the child's due.

>Have you rung?

Ringing right by Gilbert's window at the lamp, should I move somewhere else? I was able to ring, still have Cleric Beast to do

Alright, then theres no issue on locaton...

Don't know if or wants to join for some leeching as well...

Ahh, so you chose the "Consider suicide" option, cool. I suggest a lot of sleeping pills and alcohol.

Nourishing Abysall, beasts down, 2nd is Kin UP.

Not the most useful, but given our my performance pretty gud.

Go again and die a few more times?

Anybody want to drag a shitter through Amelia? Pass is BBG (allcaps) at the cathedral ward lantern

Sure

Omw

>Furry reaction pic
>Sperging over 40k or 400k echoes
>Edgy hope your kid dies reply
This is cringe

Yeah

Not getting anything.

This fucking game is sickdark cringe

Holy shit, thank you, James! That's a massive bump for me!

>t. Thirteen-year-old

>Sedatives are bottles of thick human blood
>drinking this calms you down

What the fuck

Hey, Amelia guy.

Are you still ringing?

It's all blood. Yharnamites don't even drink alcohol, they drink blood. Prostitutes give blood transfusions. It's booze, medicine and sex for them. Blood is life.

No sorry, some Gascoigne looking fellow came along and like 5 shotted the boss for me somehow. Thanks Gascoigne man

Echoes come and echoes go, man. It is the way of things. You should relax, man, that much stress is bad for your health.

Why does the orphan bleed red blood?

It's probably all mine desu

Amy savescummer here, I've got to go shower. I might just keep this gem, even though it's identical to the first one I got.

Can repeat Loran Amy in 30-45, or move to Isz.

wait, my axe will perform differently depending on whether i have one or two hands holding it?

damn

Weapons have two mode, tricked and untricked, hence, trick weapons. The axe's untricked mode is how you take it out, one handed, when you hit L1, you trick it, and it become a big tow handed axe. Not all weapons are two handed when you trick them.

Oh my God, I'm tanking hits from Bagmen, 99 vit is fucking disgusting

Post screenshot? I want to see how long your health bar is