Would you be happier if the new Supra was done in conjunction with Ford, instead of BMW...

Would you be happier if the new Supra was done in conjunction with Ford, instead of BMW? It'd get the EcoBoost engine with Toyota styling.

Other urls found in this thread:

fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-ford-f-150-ecoboost-engine-actually-kinda-sucks-sa-1678282081
torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures
ericthecarguy.com/kunena/common-problems-pattern-failures/55270-3-5-liter-ecoboost-issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, any American brand co-working with any company outside USA results in fucking up.

>V6

>less reliable than bmw.
No thanks

What went wrong with the matrix/vibe then?

Nothing because toyota had full control

So? The previous Supra had a flat 6.

No. Id love it if they teamed up with honda for the engine though.

Best would be their own engine and thus own control on the car.

Bmw already reeks of bullshit my man. But it could be worse

Don't think I'd ever consider buying one when the c7 exists at a similar price.

inline 6, not flat 6

>Honda drivedrain and chassis
>Toyota everything else

>115hp
>50lbft of tq
>5000lbs
Wew

>It'd get the EcoBoost engine
This is some high level, sacrificial shilling.

You know what would be even better? Ecoboost engine with Ford styling and Ford everything else.
Oh wait

>implying it wouldn't be a turbo Honda engine

You know what would be better?
If it wasnt unreliable trash!

It would need to have manual option to have my interest

Oh sorry
150hp
90tq

Too bad it looks like typical ford meme car.

>excuses
btfo

>yfw FWD

That's more like it

>manual
>performance car

they need those shift times for maximum benchracing

>it will never have an 8000rpm Yamaha engine

say what you will about bmw driving dynamics (they're shit) but they still make good engines

>cant even see engine
Look how good it is!

>mfw FWD

So? run it without the covers.

No I'd rather have an i6

it's not benchracing, it's satisfying the market (which is full of benchracers)

You mean
>can't see ignition coils and fuel rail
That's literally all you're missing, you can see the manifolds just fine

>sporty 2 door coupe with lightweight nippon chassis and NA BMW I6 engine making ridiculous power for its size
muh dick
A lighter chassis was all this thing was missing

I'd be happier if it was a 325 BHP V6 FR-S for $35,000.

>Hybrid BMW engine
Why did they do this? Who the fuck wants an electric engine alongside the combustion engine?

and a design that doesn't look like shit

I would rather

Supra MK V - 60k - Engineered 2jz with new turbo Technology (3jz)

Supra MK V GT - 80K - Mercades 4.0L v8 Biturbo

Supra MK V-F - 100k 4.8L v10 from the LFA

Fuck the V6; Ford already makes the godly 4.0l Barra straight six.

Toyota reliability surrounding the Aussie equivalent to the RB and JZ? You've got the ingredients for the next Godmachine here.

You have some awesome ideas, m8.

Toyota+Mazda would be godly.

guys, what's more reliable a 2jz-gte or an ecoboost?

This.

OP's ecoboost shiling is so fucked.

Every ford ecoboost engine is unreliable as fuck and not comparable to the 2jz-GTE at all.

But that's not to say ford can't make a good turbo, their australian arm's inline 6 is nearly as legendary, as you said.

The barra is fucking epic

agreed, barra is god-tier except the problem is it comes in landbarge cars weighing 1800kg.

can't fault the engine at all, best thing ford ever made...but fuck the cars it comes in are pure trash.

Mechanic here, please, everyone buy ecoboost, nothing but ecoboost... please ignore my own personal lack of ecoboost ownership.

Buy more ecoboost. My wallet loves you.

What kind of repairs are you usually doing on ecoboost shit?

>Ecoboost
>shit
lmao

fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-ford-f-150-ecoboost-engine-actually-kinda-sucks-sa-1678282081
torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures
ericthecarguy.com/kunena/common-problems-pattern-failures/55270-3-5-liter-ecoboost-issues

and the list goes on.

ecoboost engines are notoriously unreliable. American ford is fucking shit at turbo because they cheap out on cooling, every fucking time. I'm sure the GT will be good though.

Meanwhile as others have mentioned, the aussie ford turbo engine, the Barra is legendary reliable and better than a 2jz in some ways.

If you want to shill something, shill for cunts to buy barras because a 10 second search on google will educate you as to how good they are.

A 2jz is better than an american ecoboost every time.

>rattling
Okay? It's clearly just a lemon. Chevy has problems with their silverado V8 rattling too.
>2013
Another case of lemons.

>2015=2013 apparently

The ecoboost is shit on their cheap models, face it. What the fuck do you think is going to happen when they take a engine for racing and don't give it the right cooling it needs?

The upper end ecoboosts are fine, when ford actually spends the money.

It's simply greed cause they want to cut corners on their cheap shitboxes.

this fuck a v6 poopra gaaaaay

>all ecoboost engines are the same
Your argument is all over the place. All you've done is post lemons. Chevy has had reports of the Silverado shaking too. Does that mean it's V8 is unreliable? No. It just means somebody got a lemon.

>engine from racing
Now I know you're retarded. The racing engine comes from a production engine not the other way around.

wont happen ffs jdm are retarded