/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 17th:
1620 – The Battle of Cecora (1620) is fought between the Ottoman Empire and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth during the Polish–Ottoman War (1620–21).
1631 – Sweden wins a major victory at the Battle of Breitenfeld against the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years' War.
1787 – The United States Constitution is signed in Philadelphia.
1809 – Peace between Sweden and Russia in the Finnish War. The territory to become Finland is ceded to Russia by the Treaty of Fredrikshamn.
>News
CK2 - DD23
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-23-more-rules-less-lunatics.968680/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
discord.gg/9KwRDYp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

Stop making early threads you fucks

No commies allowed in this thread.

Where's that guy who was doing that hip minimod for Muslims And shit?

No, HoI4

Haven't seen him for a while

Who the fucking cares, not video games

Commies will invade this thread and make video games illegal before you notice. I'll just doing my job to safeguard this thread. You should do so to.

So what do you think the next ck2 dlc will be about?

Fuck off

If you want to discuss politics just go to the politics board.

It will add China and make it feudal

FUCK OFF NIGGER FALSEFLAGGER
THAT'S NOT YOUR THREAD

Pls no.

I've been contracted to make this place safe from commies and just leftists in general. If you are one of them just leave this place before things get dirty. If you care about this place - join the commie resistance militia.

>These are the people against the infopic.

If you want so much rulecuckery just go to reddit

I really hope they make cade dynasties a thing.

NO

THEY

ARE

NOT

THIS IS A FALSEFLAG!

I was hoping for something that adds naval combat.

>make a thread 600 earlier just to put your meme in the OP
>it's a falseflag
Yes sure thing, it's not like the thread was made to shitpost in /gsg/ or anything.

Sunni

Where are the mods when you need them?

Is the new hoi4 patch save the game?

Anyone know why this happens to me in HIP? My UI keeps bugging out over time.

>The guy spamming this shit was the guy spamming "Bosians are white and based"
>he got all his posts deleted
Thanks mods.

Are you having a stroke?

Is your char high?

He's a mystic, what do you think?

Never had this happen in HIP, are you sure you have the right vanilla checksum?

>making a thread ONE HUNDRED FUCKING FIFTY EARLIER
>just because you saw someone make an early thread and you can't bear to "lose"
>everyone is just flocking to this one

Nah, fuck this. R&I needs to fucking go this is absurd.

Yes

Do you have all the DLC? Do you have any other mods running? If that isn't it do a clean install I guess

Yes, he's high as fuck.

Not certain about that one. I'll validate and see if it fixes it.

Used to accidentally have some performance mod on, but I disabled it. I don't know if it did anything, but the save works fine.

This bug isn't present immediately, mind. It takes awhile for it to kick in and then I'm stuck until I restart the game.

Wow she's ugly

>we have our traditions
>people prefer to use the thread where our traditions are kept and with the infopic instead of memes
>he can't stand this
>he gets butthurt because people don't do what he wants

>tfw your wife is Prophet Muhammad

Run the game vanilla and tell us the checksum, no need to use the steam stuff to check the files.

Decided to try out the new patch, see if they fixed anything.

Nope.

This little fucker had 6 units when I attacked 3 months ago. So I sent 12, now he has at least 56 and is on Scraping the barrel.
What the fuck is wrong with paradox to think this is OK AI behavior? Now I have to wait for the fucking mod to fix it again.

That's a black hole dummy

How did he raise so many people so fast?

It's more of an unfortunate circumstance people are flocking to this thread. Yeah people are gonna come here just because they know it's where everyone else is gonna go, because one guy forces this to such a degree that it's more or less official. It's really not any kind of tradition.

Game already validated by the time I saw this. I'm on SKBW.

The same way they've done it since the start of the game. AI just deploys as soon as possible, and sheer numbers win when defending.

We use the infopic for longer than you are here, yes, it's a tradition.

Is that Hugo Chavez?

HoI4 any good with multiplayer? thinking of buying it with a friend

Your checksum is fine then, it's either a bug in the mod or in your installation. Maybe the other mod you are using is conflicting, I don't know. Are you using CPR+?

>we
he*

Or perhaps even I*

>vic 2
>slightly more complex than eu4/ck2
Remind me why we've been using this reddit-tier infopic for so long?

Its shit

Nah. It's just some minor balance fixes.

One glaring AI problem was their inability to defend against naval invasions, which made it easy for Germany, the USSR, etc. to war the UK as early as possible (Oct 1936), which broke the game in several ways (preemptive destruction of one of the few late-game "challenges" and immediate naval invasion access to the USA).

>game makes a bunch of numbers go up automatically
>ooooooooh so compeks

Beyond Performance SWMH, it's just the default install. Like I said it doesnt happen until later. I'm going to run for a bit and see if it fucks up again.
If it does I'll try reinstalling. Is that modified portraits mod known for fucking up? Might disable it if there's no fix.

If it wasn't clear, I meant that they patched that so the AI can defend ports.

However I was still able to gain a non-naval port province in the UK, then had my Panzer make a break for a naval port on the other side of the UK, 3 provinces to the east.

So it's still doable.

>factories funded by capitalists buying goods from the world market whose prices and demand can fluctuate using them to make goods which they sell to pay their clerks/craftsmen money and fund more expansion and soldiers derived from a population that has needs and ideologies compared to eu4's manufacturies that print a set amount of money and ck2's magical levies out of thin air
>not more complex
treddit

west* FUCK

Thanks, I guess I will wait for dlc

Hmmmmmm all those tittes are ripe for the taking, and all I have to do is kill one blonde twink femboy with an empty rifle, might even rape him while sucking on the red head's tits

>mfw that's been my experience so far
>mfw it's because I've only played as Japan, China, and Civilized+
>mfw I'd have to start playing as some small shitty nation in order to see the "complex" features of V2 over EU4

I wanted a native and better duel system. Take shit like speed and strength into account instead of combat rank only, let you buy armor and shit would be nice too.

>implying there aren't 10 people with guns behind him
lmfao commie i see they didn't teach you well

Based

So, the RNG Map/History generator is pretty neat.

As a warning for anyone who uses it, sometimes shit like this happens. It's basically a one-pixel island county and as of right now the generator doesn't create walkable straights.

How do I de-commify a country in HoI3?

>game plays by itself
>1% bureaucrats 4% intellectuals 1% capitalists to make even backwards shitholes like brazil examples of efficient administration
>you can't embargo
>you can't make trade deals
>you can't tax different types of goods differently
>cookie-cutter 1hus 4inf 4art 1 eng 30k-stack
>cavalry doing damage to planes
>build railroads, ports and forts everywhere by 1870, maintenance, wat is dis?
>sphering by making numbers go up
>all that colonization thing
Yes, Vic is way more complex with pops and economy but warfare, influence and colonization are rubbish, and player choices are narrow.

Not to mention uber overpowered britain who can raise bigger land armies than Russia.

>>cookie-cutter 1hus 4inf 4art 1 eng 30k-stack
Is this actually the best?

I see so many different templates that people claim are the best.

How do you invade Japan as China? I've got no navy or airforce, and the closest ports I can airdrop into, are occupied and wreck my paratroopers

Question, I'm playing Aquleia the theocracy next to Venice. I've managed to take the eastern side of the Italian peninsula but the Barvarian Holy Roman Emperor has given me the "unlawful territory" event which has turned Ferrara and Verona completely useless and with high revolt risk.

One of the problems about giving up these provinces is that without them I can't quickly move troops through my territory. That and I have no diplo annex so I don't really want to vassalize or give up provinces.

So my question is, if you core those provinces does it cancel the "unlawful Imperial territory" negative effect? A possible war with Bavaria isn't an issue since I have Bohemia as my ally who does most of the work.

Ah fuck, this is EU3 with Divine Wind btw.

>>Alternate Mod List and Useful Resources

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again for HPM 0.3.5.5 by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01 by Cobra
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] unHPM v2.0 - Farewell Edition by unHPM guy
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod by GF420
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5 by Rob
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod by Liang
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

based

Should I play a Komnenian Byzantium in CK2 or a Hapsburg Germany in EU4?

How do you plan to do Hapsburg Germany?

I think there's a provincial decision to remove it check the province. You should do it right away if you can

Habsburg form germany convert to protestant and destroy hre before 30 years war happens

Divine Wind changed it. Now to leave the HRE you have to give up your Imperial provinces when leaving.

Unless coring it removes that requirement, which is what I'm asking.

I might just either cheat to have the HRE dismantled or form the HRE

Either way I'd be going for this

PROPER THREAD

Oh I don't know then. I haven't tried to leave like that

>germans occupying Amapá

Better than Eternal Anglo tbqh

>Play EU3
>win battles
>lose more men than the enemy lost

Should I invest in the national idea that gives military tradition instead? More manpower is pointless since a dozen battles drains my manpower to zero anyways.

A good leader will save more lives than it's worth taking up some other military idea right?

okay lads I drunk a lot of liquor for the first time and imd runk now

so here s my interpretation of liquor factory talex

t. cobra
aka treed

how does this happen?

>play EU3
That's your mistake son

i can confirm that this is actually cobra who created and posted this image in a state of medium intoxication
t. cobra insider aka cobrinsider aka reed's right hand man

is he sober enough to consent?

an interesting abstract take on /gsg/ culture, i like it

t. HPM sleeper agent

so I'm trying to play as a small kingdom with proper christian values and conquer only by putting my family on foreign thrones. I own all counties myself, and I'm on primogeniture, so my second/third sons will get land abroad only.

Now the issue is that somehow, my heir has become an anglo-saxon viking count...

He's told me that he's sober enough to download liquor memes into his liquor folder, so probably
Don't worry citizen, our beloved cobra is in no danger of being assaulted tonight

Isnt Rad Yugo dead after the brony shitfest?

The group may be, but that doesn't mean reed is

we have discord (liquord) now
discord.gg/9KwRDYp
come join us
its fun and we have mp if someone actually hosts
treed