What The Fuck

I have an 03 vw golf 2.0. About 4 months ago it started making a tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick-a sound. It starts out kinda slow but speeds up when I accelerate. After about 10 to15 minutes it stops usually. Sometimes it doesnt.

I assumed it was a problem with the spark plugs, because that's the only thing I could think of that could make a sound like that off the top of my head.

I opened the hood the see if I could tell where the sound was coming from, but checking under the hood didn't make things clearer.

I think it could be the plugs, because I thought I read somewhere that plugs fire two at a time, even if there's no fuel in the chamber.

Still, I was wondering if anyone here knew what it was (or likely is) right off. Any ideas?

is there any oil in it?
is there oil in the power steering?
is there any leaks of air or oil?

Oil in the motor yeah, no air/vacuum leaks. I haven't checked the power steering yet, but it doesn't steer or really even drive any worse than it did.

spark plugs dont fire two at a time retard. also plugs wouldnt do that. you have vallve tick. adjust your valves and go from there if it persists you need to get a new engine probably. i dont know why you even bought a volkswagen anyway. probably because you're dumb but you need to get rid of that pos asap and buy something japanese

Assmad faggot spotted.
The 2.0 is a solid, albeit VERY UNDERPOWERED, motor. You may have bad fuel and or dirty plugs. Changing the plugs on that motor is easy if you take the intake off. It's not as hard as it sounds.
Also I believe the valves are non adjustable.
My '02 Jetta 2.0 has a quarter million miles on it and is running strong.

My Toyote Carrolle will not start up. I turn the key and it goes click click and then there is a buzzing sound

I ran into this on a Bug. On the bug one of the timing chain tensioners broke and caused the chain to eat the timing cover. Chunks of the timing cover ended up in the oil pan which blocked oil from getting to the lifters. This, in turn, caused massive lifter noise.

starter or fuel pump.
im not ass mad i just make smart decisions when buy vehicles. like not buying VAG. its arguably the shittiest car company on the planet next to bmw.
heres your (You) kiddo

Is it cold where you are right now? Oil might not be flowing very well for the first few seconds after startup. Let it run for a minute or so even after the ticking stops before taking off.

I misread that for 10-15 seconds. I still think its your oil. Change your oil and if it continues you might need to go to a heavier oil.

I've read it could be valve tick. I'll look into it.

New plugs already, and wires, and coil block. Don't think it's the gas as I always get 87 from mobile and that seems normal enough for me.

No chain here, all rubber.

No It's HOT actually. I'll double check the oil though.. I had a pan leak from when I bought it, but that's long since been fixed.. Unless it started leaking again.

Do not listen to this guy op you should never switch to any other oil other than what the manufacturer recommends. Switching to a heavier oil does nothing but cause sludge and makes the oil sump work harder causing it to fail sooner resulting in engine damage. Your car was designed for a certain weight. Don't listen to these boomers

OP, you're getting a lot of suggestions here, and they can't all be right. Have you talked to a VW mechanic? I could put you in touch with one online if you need help today.

Timing cover in the oil pan still could be the issue still could be the issue.

If you like. I've gotten a couple suggestions from friends and coworkers about people near me, but if you "know a guy" then sure.

Kill yourself, OP

I've been using the manufacture recommended., but I've heard using a slightly heavier oil is better in winter. As in 5w40 in winter and 5w30 in summer.. Is that untrue?

Have you got an email you can post here? Let me know what it is.

Ah, now you're getting advice to kill yourself. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Take your heap of shit to a mechanic. Dont come to the internet to fix your car and definitely dont touch it yourself

II'll use a throw away.

[email protected]

Got it, delete your post containing email if you like.

You can do the plugs in 5 minutes without taking the inlet off you goose.

you only change oil weights if temperature drops below 20 degrees

Could be a leak in your exhaust manifold

Sounds like valves or exhaust leak.

>My '02 Jetta 2.0 has a quarter million miles on it and is running strong.
>running strong
>strong
I don't have enough quotation marks for this horseshit.

>it and is running strong.

>VW
Shouldn't have bought German junk.