This is it

This is it.
The new Mitsubishi Lancer looks like a fucking Corolla.

Somebody shop the Toyota logo please.

>modern econobox looks like a modern econobox

And the problem is?

Mitsu should just sell to Toyota.

They already sold to Nissan

That's the same old car with a face lift for the Chinese market you dipshit

>two worst jap companies together
Wew
Nothing could possibly go wrong

>implaying Mitsu have enough money to make a new model

I'm imagining an Evo version and it looks glorious

No, I don't see it. Too non offensive

>that front overhang

I don't.

What? Its pretty normal, even sports cars have that much
is it still AWD?

Well that explains why, Nissan is just using Mitsu as a Toyota competitor without tarnishing their own name.

yeah because the nissan name is real powerful, famous for rust issues , being sued, being not as good as the other japanese car guys and offering no fun cars

First thought that came to me was 2010-2012 Ford Fusion.

Oh look, another car Veeky Forums hates. what else is new

No, they didn't.

JESUS ACTUAL CHRIST! SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS CURRENT DESIGN TREND.

This looks like the sort of this shit that was once confined to concept car shows and designers sketchbooks but now found its way to the showroom without any revision.

Cheap aerodynamic and easy

Those are civic rims, aren't they?

and tasteless and unimaginative. These cars look like caricatured versions of "futuristic" designs.

Looks like they jammed the Outlander front end on.

Ford Taurus hate fucked a corolla. Jesus.

It's my hope that this current period of automotive design is like the 1950s, with their tall roofs and easy, cheap designs. We may already be in the lavish late 50's stage, and coming soon, we may have a low, sleek 1960 Continental of the modern era in the future. One can dream.

but safety stuff will only get more strict from now on

I'm really more interested if they will ever change interior that has been pretty much the same for 8 years.

but if that side stamping supposed to be a nod to evo, it really looks like one from a charger

evo is kill

nissan owns a share of mitsu, they don't own mitsu.

>trend
i can't buy any american car made between 2000-2010 because of a trend

We may never get our thin A pillars back but I hope to god they make our cars low again

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

Looks comfy

My DD 2010 forester has fucking beautiful visibility except for that motherfucking A pillar is constantly blocking whats on the other side of the road in a corner

Jesus Christ, thanks for making me realize those were Chinese characters right there. I almost had tears of disappointment.

China has its own CDM tyte Lancer built in that country. You can see it's still the current model, especially around the back.

Why wouldn't it? It's not surprising that a shitbox made by chinks looks like another shitbox made by chinks

Also, base model Lancers always looked like ass. people remember the Evo because of Fast and Furious so they associate Lancer with sporty, but the truth is only the Evo was sporty. And let's not even talk about the Lancer hatchback.

It's a bit like base model Skylines vs GTRs.

>they killed the Evo for this

This is why i prefer 80's/90's shitboxes. Brands are literally killing the names that made them big.

>Skyline
>280Z
>300ZX
>Silvia
>Pulsar GTi
>Patrol
>Sports
>240RS
>Stagea GTR
>R390

and today, they still have the GTR and Z around. get the fuck up outta here Toyota bitch, hope you enjoy your Camry.

add some rice and make it blue and you got a STI
fuckin recent cars all look the same

Fuck the haters, I think it looks nice.

>2015 lexus IS
>2015 Dodge Charger
>2015 Corolla
>????????

No one else is fucking seeing this?

>Quashquai
>Juke
>Primera P12
>Cube
>Primera P12 once again
>anything 1.5dCi/1.9dCi
>basically anything that wasn't in initial d like all this shit from your list
fuck you and your anime cars that doesn't matter

We're hating on its new looks, not the car itself, bitch.

Nigga, the old Lancers looked cool for being only econoboxes, especially the fifth and sixth generations.

This.

I think you mean one worst and one best, the best being Mitsubishi.

shitsubishi is the shittiest car brand and thats an understatement

Nice meme.

thanks

They took the fascia design from the PHEV Evo. Which I actually really like. Much better shapes than say, Toyota's gaping mouth with puny eyes or Lexus not so appealing hourglass grilles

No, they OWN mitsu. Bought a 34% controlling stake in the company, which is more the Mitsubishi heavy industries. Nissan has new employees in the company even.

your opinion, no one cares about it

Just looks like a global Mitsubishi to me. I actually like what they've done with the new corporate face.

Or the new Pajero Sport/Challenger.
I'd love a new one, if it weren't for the new 4N series diesel.

The 4N15 is great, though.

On paper, sure. But in reality I've read a hell of alot of reports of low mileage engine replacements if the vehicle is loaded up often. Even more so than the later common rail redesigned 4D56.
This mainly seems to be with the new Triton/L200 where work applications are more common.

I don't see how that's possible, the 4N15 Tritons haven't even been out for a year. It could be that a few are failing from manufacturing and QC mistakes, that's not as uncommon as you might think. Have you got a link to these reports?

I'm trying to remember where I read or heard about it (admittedly they were anecdotes, not reports), I'll keep looking. I am glad they went back to a timing chain however.
For the time being though, I'm happy sticking with the 4M4, be it the mechanical 2.8 or DiD/Common Rail 3.2. Personally, I'd like to see an uprated 4P powered SUV.

No, no they didn't sorry highschool bro

If they were smart, they'd come out with a 3.0L+ diesel V6 in a new Pajero along with a gas V8 with cylinder deactivation. Not that they'd sell it here, anyway.

Mate base model skylines are the best!

Is this it, then?

If you want an AWD econobox, you're better off buying a Subaru at this point.

Corolla looks sleek

There won't be an Evo anyway. So who cares?

may this never touch our shores

It won't because it's Chinese market only.

I like it. It looks modern. It's a 2016 civic with an outlander body kit. As long as they make an awd manual turbo