What the fuck is the point of red turn signals?

what the fuck is the point of red turn signals?

Dank meme alphonse

American need their vehicles color coded so they tell which end is the front

>americans

To piss people off. Separate amber turn signals should be standard and required.

The clear ones with coloured bulbs are shit.
They aren't as visible as the old orange glass ones.

Honestly. I wish we got dem JDMtyte Skylines and Euro M3's with headlights that face the rear.

American rules ruining it for everyone else

What's worse are brake bulbs that are also turn signals

>stuck in traffic
>econoline in front
>burned out center brake light
>ride side of the van is obstructed
>left brake light keeps turning on, and off
>cant tell if he is braking, or using his turn signal

america people.
fucking retared shit.

red catches your eye more

I think IIHS and NHTSA are doing something to encourage this.

What car has red headlights?

Sorry but absolutely not

Yellow turn signals catch your eye better, as they aren't just a fucking blinking brake light

Lol
o
l

It truly doesn't matter due to fucking no one ever using them.

> American logic

What's worse are the cars that just use the brake light as the turn signal. It just looks so fucking shitty.

Not...
If you want a color that the brain notices the easiest we'd have green rear lights.

the US doesn't require orange turn signals in the rear so companies use red to save money.

The US also doesn't allow sequential turn signals unless each individual light is a certain size. AND the US doesn't allow adaptive high beams - like the ones that can stay on even when there's traffic without blinding anyone.

The US has weird ass laws but the auto manufacturers are lobbying to change that.

Their retarded laws are leaking because most of EU have cars that don't have front OR rear lights on.
Some even have the rear lights off in the middle of the fucking night.

The only part of this that is true is the lack of a requirement for SAE yellow turn signals in the rear.

Speaking of laws

Why aren't headlights wired to come on with windshield wipers?

The amount of people I see in shitty weather without lights on makes me want to go on a killing spree

>Why aren't headlights wired to come on with windshield wipers?
Because that costs money. More expensive cars have that feature.

Yet backup cameras are in all new cars because turning your head is hard

Not really.
If there's a rain sensor, it's just a matter of

[code]if r_sensor.sys threshold:
Enable Wind_wiper.ar; H_LightFront.ar[/code]

Instead of

[code]if r_sensor.sys threshold:
Enable Wind_wiper.ar;[/code]

>the US doesn't require orange turn signals in the rear so companies use red to save money.

Maserati. Expensive European car. Built to EU specs with amber rear turn signals. Brings them to USA and refits them with red rear turn signals. I live a few blocks from a USA dealership and this just makes me say WTF every time I drive past.

Not even saving money because now they have to maintain two sets of parts, drawings, inventory control.

...Dude.

>made up programming language

Well no shit Sherlock.
The rain sensor triggers the wipers, just slap in whatever the code so that lights turns on at the same time.
Wooooow

It doesn't work that way.

It works exactly that way.
Code runs once the windshield sensor is triggered, that's why it starts the windshield wipers.
Unless you're using a stone age car that have to manually enable the wipers that is.

It's not something you can just 'slap together'.

It doesn't work that way, both of those systems are safety critical.

the tail light thing is true, there was an issue with some fancy LED light arrays from Audi that couldnt be used in the US because the lights started at a small point in the middle and extended from there, which US regs dictate must be a certain size at the instant of hitting the brakes, not a fraction of a second later.

Mustangs get away with it because they have huge tail lights and first light in the sequential pulse is as large as many other cars' entire turn signal. I installed sequential lights on my '06 and have been very happy with them, besides standing out i feel more confident that other people on the road can see my turn signal before a lane change.

So where are the turn signals?
Because how am I supposed to know if he's just breaking lightly and then break hard then light again, or blinking left/right?

Orange lights are better because not only are they a different color, but if you turn on the warning lights it's basically a large indicator that people can exit the car on both sides so approach those cars slowly, just like you wouldn't over take a person on his left if his left orange light is flashing.

> own american car
> turn on emergency lights
> yuropoors behind me think I'm repeatedly tapping my brakes

Are you retarded? They're sequential.

So first the inner light comes on, then the second light, and finally the third. When it's breaking all come on at the same time.

As someone who's driven behind many stangs, it's really very good.

Also my CRV has orange lights and i wish they'd come back.

Or you know the car would have proper break lights, stang version or not AND proper turn signals.

Get out.

To confuse dumb Euros. Anyone who doesn't understand these is 100% retarded.
>why yes I'm tapping my brake to a perfect rhythm for no reason

It looks better. amber lenses look like shit

if he's braking and signaling (an oxymoron with Mustang drivers), one side will blink like that while the other side's lights stay solid

but you're a fucking retard

keeps the car nice and clean.
Not like a fucking ambulance.

In an emergency like time limit which is easier to see

Red vs slightly more red
Red vs Red AND Orange

Yes, you picked the red and orange, unless you're colorblind and retarded.

Why bother? it's about A E S T H E T I C S

honestly, it's not a problem at all. No one rhythmically taps their brakes only on one side. Not only that, if they are tapping their brakes the car would jerk forward and stop over and over if it's an Auto which it most likely is.

If one side is out, and they are rhythmically tapping breaks and not jerking cos manual. They're gonna get pulled over for not having break light anyway.

A good driver should be able to predict the movement of other drivers. It's why you don't crash into drivers who change lanes with no signal whatsoever.

What's easier to see? A small part of tail light flashing or the whole thing?

Yes you picked the whole light, unless you're retarded.

>if they are tapping their brakes the car would jerk forward and stop over and over
Your brakes are broken if they behave like this.
brake checking can be done without slowing down the car.

>Arguing with Americans
>They are both color blind, and blind towards brightness levels, while also having mental and physical retardation.

There's a reason why they use a lighter color on the turn signals.

Idk if you know this, but you can turn the brake light on while the brake isn't actually engaging.

My 99 crv you can hear the click of the switch and the brake light comes on, but the brake isn't engaging at all.

So in order to turn off the brake light, the brake has to be released almost entirely. And auto trannies then start creeping the car forward.

Idk if you know this, but you can turn the brake light on while the brake isn't actually engaging.
Wow, just like you know... what I just said in the comment you replied to.

>It looks better. amber lenses look like shit

You can use dark lenses and put whatever color LED lamps you need behind them. As long as the LEDs are bright enough, this works and looks just fine.

>why yes I'm tapping my brake to a perfect rhythm for no reason

you still don't know if they're braking or not for an instant

>BMW
>turn signals
what's the point of that

You do, if you see their getting closer.

Also if someone is preparing to turn you slow down a little anyway, so your foot should immediately go to brakes anyway.

This is BS by the way, even in the early 80's we allowed "automatic" high beams.

Cunts don't use the damn things anyway so it doesn't matter

Orange indicator lights are GOAT. There's no ambiguity about the driver's intentions to turn at all, whatsoever, and it looks neat.

This is such a non-issue. Why make a big deal about it?

It actually is an issue.

>turn on emergency lights as American shitbox screws up and need to pull over to the side of the road again
>laugh at europoors as they drive past in their correctly functioning vehicles

>be me
>be German
>hypothetically want to import American car
>have to exchange red turn signals for ambers starting with MY 1970 to pass inspections
>either have to find a model where the reverse lights are positioned adequately and wire them as turn signals with amber bulbs and then install a new universal reverse light under the bumper
>or have to find a model where the turn signals at least use seperate bulbs and not the fucking brake bulbs and then put yellow bulbs into the red housings and pray to God that the inspector deems them amber enough

>break lights
>break
Jesus guys, learn to fucking spell.
I bet you like too tacos for lunch with you're best butt buddy.

I don't have any issues deciding if I should slow down or not when someone has their red signals on because if see someone ahead of me and the gap is getting smaller
>I slow down no matter what color their taillights are.

your car doesnt have automatic headlights?

No, what does that have to do with anything?

Why are Americans so bad at anything engineering-related? If any other white country on the planet had a landmass that size with that many resources, they certainly wouldn't be cheaping out on brake lights.

Shhh, go back to sleep little Euro.

But who engineered the first atomic bomb, and first and only ones to engineer our way to the moon.
>murica

They also make both of you go faster, not good.

Are you queers so retarded you can't tell if someone is turning because their turn signal is red?

>But who engineered the first atomic bomb,

Jews

>and first and only ones to engineer our way to the moon.

Germans

>Amber turn signals

Ameri--

Yeah. That.

true but it is still annoying and requires more of my attention than amber turn signals would

>all dose yuropoors in this thread thinking amber lights look anything but disgusting

All red all day

You are driving a three ton piece of metal at a high rate of speed. Put down your fucking phone and actually pay attention.

I've actually been behind someone that pumped their brakes in a very consistent fashion