/hou/ - We are the heroes of our story

Previous Thread: Mini meet at Main Event happening on the 31st @3PM, the plans will be discussed there in detail, will allow us more room for serious suggestions and hopefully come to an agreement. We couldn't get a reserved room but did get a reserved corner. Everything will either be decided or put on the table that day as far as planning goes. Last thread went pretty smoothly, feels good to be back. Well back to the news!

- E30 is back in town - We might be getting our first van. - Fast and Furious is sponsored by Corona and Pepsi

- Scott Pilgrim is about to get a new paintjob - Dagumi bends his engine valves - GS gets his door fixed - Instagram is at a halt because no more pictures left, waiting for a new event or the next Coffee & Cars

- Views on the music video seem to be increasing quite a lot youtube.com/watch?v=wy07-jZBdOU

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
>instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SvpHXWcauIg?t=5m46s
youtube.com/watch?v=wy07-jZBdOU
m.mainevent.com/locations/webster-tx
houstonfasttrack.com/
go-kartraceway.com/
timessquaretx.com/
santikos.com/houston/palladium-avx-west-houston
houstonfunplex.com/
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where can I get unlimited supply of mountain dew?

just drink from your toilet bowl

Really, mountain dew is better

It's what plants crave!

Small clip for lexus people.

youtu.be/SvpHXWcauIg?t=5m46s

okay sorry just skip to 5mins 46seconds.

i need a nightwave banner that i can place under my rear wing.

Need a license plate cover.

I'd rock a purple cover with that text across the top in white.

Gonna get an estimate to get my 2 front seats reupholstered this week. What's a reasonable dollar amount?

$300 at those mexican places

Goodnight, /hou/

>- Views on the music video seem to be increasing quite a lot youtube.com/watch?v=wy07-jZBdOU

Every time I watch that video I get an obscene adrenaline rush.

Are there any larger used car part retailers in/near Houston? Like, an UP Garage equivalent that sells everything from spoilers and exhaust and shit to actual used parts?

nope but there's a good craigslist and local forum/classifieds market

For new oem parts, there's a couple XLparts locations in Houston.
For used pick-n-pull parts, LKQ is pretty good.

2 am bump

6 days to first annual Night Wave business conference summit.

>Night Wave threads

Some guy called "Ferocious Fuccboi" from Florida started following me on SoundCloud. So I guess the Florida br/o/s are always lurking on this thread.

Some guy called "Ferocious Fuccboi" started following me on SoundCloud. So I guess the Florida br/o/s are always lurking on this thread.

R E G A L G S
E
G
A
L
G
S

So my neighbor might not be a cuck after all. After seeing him drive nissan sentras for years, i saw him overseeing this 318i getting placed into his driveway with a tow truck. The interior is full of the trim and bumpers.

Best birthday present ever. I was only gone for an hour, and they didn't even have the courtesy to leave a fucking note

You got gs'd buddy

It may be that people who go to Meets or who might go to Meets are looking for ideas on activities other than just driving around. In past threads for /hou/ and other groups on Veeky Forums, some ideas looked interesting to me such as visiting a car-related item maker or car museum.

How tf does one hit something so small yet noticable? You have to be stoned off your ass for that shit to happen.

>world rolly team

>Best birthday present ever. I was only gone for an hour, and they didn't even have the courtesy to leave a fucking note

I was parked at a kroger and some mexican in an old truck (had chromed solid steel front bumper) swung into the space next to me with high speed and braked. His bumper missed slashing my passenger side by less than six inches. At first I thought he was going to hit but he really turned his wheel fast. A little bit off and he would have had to hit and run.

As I was walking by the front of my car, I stopped and told him please be careful, you almost hit my car. He said he was always careful and had a perfect driving record. Yeah, sure buddy.

Looking at the corners of his bumpers, they had scratch marks. So that apparently is his normal driving style. I moved my car to a new spot since I didn't want him to hit my car as he backed out. I went to the parking lot on the other side since I didn't want "mad mexican vandalism" to occur to my car. They always get mad if you point out any problem (like it is racism against them). When you're not looking they vandalize your car.

My across the street neighbor had his titan totaled by a drink Honda civic, guy ran out of his house and best the shit out of the drunk asshole before the cops came so they chocked it up to injuries from the wreck. Dude was on his death bed. Then a couple weeks later someone swiped my truck and ran a nice long sent down the whole side and busted off the mirror. Fixed it with insurace, one month later the same thing. Then 2 weeks later friends mkx got swiped. Notably there's a whole crew of Mexican street truck faggots down the road from us. Like 20 of them in one house. I no longer park on the side of the road or near any other cars. Still managed to scrape my bumper this weekend going up ramps so now I need touch up paint.

>Fixed
Fuck. Drunk* beat* sorry cellphone is being a whore.

It's the new /hou/ curse.

First it was rain at every meet, and now that the rain curse has been broken, it's the curse of body damage. Now that GS has fixed his, it's rotated to MG.

>they didn't even have the courtesy to leave a fucking note
The only leave a note when a witness is there recording them. They leave a note to avoid being charged with hit and run.

I caught 3 teenage hispanic boys in the mall parking lot that scraped a car as they were backing out right in front of me. I was listening to the stereo, so my front-facing dashcam was active and caught it all from the very beginning as they got into their car, they hit the victim and made the car shake, and they took off. The license plate is very clear. Nice. I vote that everyone get a dashcam.

As it was hit and run, so they stopped when I chased them. I had them leave a note. They left an illegible note with random scribbles on it thinking that I would be fooled. That's teens for ya. I uploaded the video to Mega since I had my laptop with me in the car and left a post it for the victim with the URL.

Im not safe yet. Literally the day after i got it painted a 2x4 came flying toward my front end. I touched it up a little bit. Thankfully it didnt hit my car broadwise

As you can see though im eventually going to need a new front bumper, again. GG

F

Just delete the grille and put in some nice mesh or chicken wire. Bondo the cut points.

what about non-OEM? Anything?

>Literally the day after i got it painted a 2x4 came flying toward my front end.

A case of unsecured load?

Someone kill that Ford.

If you're looking for aftermarket/upgrade parts, you're better off finding a niche mechanic that only works with certain brands, or a specialty shop. They'd more than likely have the parts or know how to get them easily. I know there's many "performance BMW" shops around, so i'm sure there would be for your make.

Morning Wave

Does anyone dare follow that car on the freeway? I thought high speed wind would rip all the barely secured load right off the roof. If they are traveling slow, they add to the traffic jam.

That car is driving illegally (not the load). It has no rear license plate. All states require a rear license plate be visible at all times.

im gon get comfy on my day off

Real human beans

dat glowstick

Fixed

>canadians

Well this is a sudden change.

inb4 half of /hou/ needs to repaint their car

it must be skid week

Where is that? City Centre?

I KNEW IT

I was going to wash my car this weekend, but I figured that I needed to fake out Momma Nature, so I drove to the car wash place, and drove through one of the stalls without stopping.

It's why I like to park by nice looking cars and hope they don't immediately leave and get replaced by some mexican beater. It's the infamous arizona hit-and-run parking lot plague.

Finally someone posted it

How do you get away with no front plate?

Lol catch me practicing my Scandinavian flick at the Spring license center.

No one gives a fuck about front plate laws here. Unless you get pulled over for something else, then they'll tack that charge on top of it for fun, but the plate is never the reason.

Been 3 years across 4 cars with no plates daily, never had a cop mention it.

Is it just me or has Veeky Forums as a whole slown down? Or do I just finally have free time to notice?

I tell them I crashed recently and the plate got totaled

>gtiguy

Oh good, I've got my front plate tacked on to my windshield in the cabin since mine has no mounting brackets. It always makes me worried some asshole is going to pull me over for "not displaying a license plate correctly."

Took Cardrugs 3 weeks but they finally came through.

>Where is that? City Centre?
hermann park mcgovern centennial gardens

I run plates on dashes regularly as well, it's perfectly acceptable.

Where is the mini meet?

>'Chovy

good taste

I guess for the first time it's not

>literally in the OP

m.mainevent.com/locations/webster-tx

Here you are, friendo.

Fuuuuck that's an hour from me

It is for me as well, but I don't mind driving.

>m.mainevent.com/locations/webster-tx
Do we need to register or just show up? I'd sort of like to take some notes on topics discussed for those who missed out.

Dracula already reserved a section of the venue for us, so I imagine we just show up.

I'll be recording the conversation and taking notes myself for extra redundancy. I don't want anyone making shit up later, and it's just good practice to take notes anyway. So, seconding that.

can we have 1 more to take notes for triple redunancy?

By all means. The more the merrier. One of us is bound to catch something the other missed.

I just figure having some sort of scribe or "official" record keeper would be a good idea. No one here is probably going to keep secret meetings or anything of the sort, but without a way to say what went on during meets and only vague and sometimes conflicting summaries given, it makes a lot of people suspicious. This way not only are things kept accurate, but also put out to see for all interested parties.

Why don't we have a demolition derby team with Dracula driving an old 50's beater with big knobby tires?

D A M N
A
M
N

I know I'm tardy to the party here, but here are some locations that could be used as side activities:

houstonfasttrack.com/

go-kartraceway.com/

timessquaretx.com/

santikos.com/houston/palladium-avx-west-houston

houstonfunplex.com/

These were all rated decently highly, despite the crudeness of some of their sites.

zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Feel free to add yourself to the map if you want, if you don't; don't.

It's exactly as the description says.

Note: Did not make Scotty Kilmer picture.

5 days to congressional hearing.

Also, good morning /hou/.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Good to see it's convenient to your location. And, morning to you as well.

All progress has stagnated as we await the 31st. I wonder where Dracula and Miata are.

Damn, how expensive was it to rent a section there?

It's about $200

I have no idea how to respond on Zello

but i like our Friday evening monthly meets.

Go to contacts, click the persons name and hit the message icon on the top right.

Last i checked dracula was doing a delorean convention, and in the process of moving from where ever he lived to huntsville

Got back from the convention; leaving tomorrow morning to get a car from Boulder, Co to Tuscon, AZ and will be back literally hours before the meet on the 31st; starting my new job in Huntsville on the 1st.

Are you selling off a distantly owned car?

Facilitating a sale; stupid hippies bought a VW van and didn't realize that it was a project vehicle.

Kek.

i like this
>i vote to have it added to the OP image
i put a grey balloon near my house
just to get a gauge of where i am
would love to see if there is anyone close to me

also update
>s2k is in the shop
>they found a new used motor with less miles on it than mine
>should be shipped in by the end of this week
>hopefully in the car and finished by next week
im pretty excited that this has worked out

this is tacoma btw
bout to go to work

>go to doctor
>says he'll be willing to fill out prescription for a comfy vehicle
>check insurance to make sure referral went through to see buttsurgeon
>nothing after a month
>call PCM
>lie and say they submitted it
>call insurance, they say they would've gotten it weeks ago
I'm gonna burn my PCM's office to the ground.