What jack stands and jack do you use?

what jack stands and jack do you use?

>Veeky Forums
>wrenching
This board is for shitposting purposes only.

craftsman low profile

harbor freight jack

no jack stands

i live my life a quarter mile at a time.

A bottle jack and stands from walmart.
I forget the brand, I think its BlackJack or something like that.

Craftsman 3ton Jack
Craftsman 3ton stands
Got two stands and the Jack and a creeper for 90$ during a sale.

I own a 2012 Silverado weighs roughly 5500-5800lb but I only jack one end of the vehicle up at a time so the Jack never supports the full weight.

Craftsman has there shit on sale right now like SUPER fucking cheap sale ends tomorrow though

>tfw have to use cinder blocks
I will pay for shipping both ways if you send a courtesy bullet

Whatever brand the Grey ones are. Came with a jack too.

Similar to OPs, some only rusty green jack that's literally like 40 years old
The sad this is that I have yet to own a jack that works as well and lasts as long. My dad bought it when he was like 18

harbor freight 3 ton low profile
harbor freight aluminum jack stands
HF life

Roadside emergency jack

Ramps that my car is too low to drive up without wrecking the bumper with short bits of 2x4 on top of them for stands.

Making due with what I have.

k

Walmart jack... Might be 3 ton
Walmart jackstands

>jack
flea market specials
got a bottle jack and floor jack

>jack stands
flea market antiques lol
got some of the ol timey will not fail type that are essentially really big bolts that you can twist up and down even if the car or truck is on it

the new shit thats out there is sketchy as fuck to me especially if it aluminum

i only have two of those types of stands and havent seen em anywhere else

if i need more or i use pic related

>harbor freight 3 ton low profile

Harbor Freight always has coupons out for the 3ton low profile jacks at $79.95 each.

As long as the stands are braced on the ground so they don't slide, if you put two 2x4 bits of wood in front of the ramps where the wheels drive up, then the car will drive up onto those bits of wood before reaching the ramp. That should raise the car height enough so the bumpers don't touch the ramp.

The wood shouldn't be so small that the tire only rolls up on part of it. You don't want the wood to be spun out flying thru the air if the tire hits just a little bit of it.

>jack
Napa 3-ton floor Jack
>jack stands
Some no-name stands that my dad still has from the 80s. They work and that's what matters

Really nice ones my mechanic father bought back in like the 80s
They're too greasy to figure out what they are.

Craftsman and 2x4s

I just jacked up the car and slide the ramp under the frame as though it were a block, with the piece of wood for some extra lift. It gave me enough room to work.

The fuck does it matter? Its a bunch of steel pipes and some oil.

Same here, except I went with the steel jack stands. If you're gonna go cheap, you may as well go really cheap.

Blue point 4 pump monster jack. And 6000kg truck axle stands. Either that or 12"x12" railway sleepers.

Some chinese parts store 2.5 ton jack i bought 10 yrs ago. Have to put oil in it every 6 months but it still works great. Use it 5 days a week. No clue where my jackstands are from..think i have 4 sets of them.

>Have to put oil in it every 6 months but it still works great.
Leaky seals is the same thing as a dangerous jack. Your description of that type of jack as being "still works great" is more like "the jack seals haven't blown yet, so it holds the car up long enough for me to slide jack stand under the car".