Do you race people off every set of lights? Do you always have to be the person in front?

Do you race people off every set of lights? Do you always have to be the person in front?

Yes, because:

A.) it's fun to go fast
B.) People here consistently drive ~5 under the speed limit, and it's infuriating sometimes.
C.) it's good shifting practice.

Yeah, cause I need to make a left and I know you're slow ass will be easy to pass, and fuck the other drivers I'm in front

Only if it is a cop.

you don't race them, they then change lanes in front of you going not 5 over, but 5 under the limit. every. fucking. time.

Only if they're being slow. I go 5-10 mph over the limit unless cops or residential area. Also like driving at my own pace and not having to tailgate someone going 45 in a 50.

>5 under limit
yeah that extra 5 is going to help you out alot dickhead

Nope. I like to be the second off lights and the second fastest guy on the road/freeway. I'm paranoid about cops even though I haven't been pulled over.

You're in the wrong place buckaroo.

And 100km/h is so scurryy!
Gotta do 80km/h everywhere including 60km/h zones!

Seriously though people like you need to die.

Every single time. Have to be clear of traffic so I can go where I want and its more fun

>Do you race people off every set of lights?
No because its a waste of gas and your car is going to die quick if you floor it at every light.

Sometimes. If someone else starts it and there's little traffic to contend with, sure. What's life without a little fun?

>your car is going to die quick if you floor it at every light

If you drive a Hyundai

Yes because I like to let people know I'm a stereotypical Subaru driver

sometimes I have my motorcycle gear in my car. So when I pull up next to someone at a light. I'll pull my helmet on and then look and point at the other driver.

>he doesnt floor it in a multilane road to establish dominance among the group

I try to get off the line as soon as possible, not because I'm racing someone next to me, but rather because I want the flow of traffic to start as soon as possible.
I find it a bit annoying when there is a lead car in a turning lane that doesn't go when the light goes green, and even more when they keep really under the speed limit.
Doing that under rush hour is even worse for me.

>race off the line
>next traffic light is a red
>the group catches up to you
>they look over at you at the lights in disgust
>repeat

or

>race off the line
>next traffic light is red
>group catches up to you
>light goes green just as they are getting to the light
>they fly past you

I actually just started driving manual (2008 civic si) and I catch myself accelerating hard at every stop light. I don't know why either but I feel like I have to get going fast otherwise people behind me are going to do something to me. It feels like I have to go up the gears as fast as possible.

I typically end up being the first if i was in front just because how shit average driver reaction is. I don't know what people do that takes them seconds to start moving after the light is green.

You're on the wrong board. [3]

Sometimes I do this and the other person is doing the same thing and we end up racing to like 100mph on surface streets.

I'm guessing you're the person who drives around like they have nowhere to be pissing everyone else off with your piss poor driving and dead stop turns.

Because im not going to wait for the next light to change? Might as well have a rolling start for the next light

80% of the time, I'm the person in front. even though I have a slow car. I

Only if they're in a bro-truck.

i ride a bike so yes im always in front

>race off the line
>hit red light
>cars from the last intersection you left in the dust are catching up
>light turns green
>take off so fast they cant even pass you by

Phones

>take off fast from red light
>reach next light just as it's turning yellow
>blow through the yellow hauling ass and look back in the mirror at every other car as they all stop for the red
Feels good man.

Which of those three would win the race?

I always try to get in front. I like driving fast they like driving slow. If they're so content to lag on the green and possibly miss the next light then be my guest just let me the fuck around you.

I just hate when these slow asses purposefully prevent me from getting around. It's like if you were fine going slow then keep going slow and let a faster driver in front. I don't even tailgate and they still get butt hurt.

Looks like the Chevys and Hyundai are turning left. That Toyota is gonna go straight so it wins. Or, just for completing the intersection, I say the Hyundai. Guy is ready to get his gay sex on.

You're the type of fucker who likes to bunch up into groups that no one can get around. Please kill yourself.

Get a motorcycle. You will love it.

ITT: 2fast2furious

>I try to get off the line as soon as possible, not because I'm racing someone next to me, but rather because I want the flow of traffic to start as soon as possible.
>launch off line
>person behind you takes sweet time to start moving
>flow of traffic to start as soon as possible.

Wow user you really are making a difference.

>that pic
>pickups that carry stuff
>people travelling through the city in passenger cars, not SUVs

You think so too?
Thanks, man.

Not so much race. But in my town we have so many drunks that fall asleep at every red light it just seems that way.

Toyota. Everyone else is screwing around doing something else when the light changes.

Nope, it's basic physics.

Materials that have been under constant stress are going to break more quickly than usual.

Not going the speed limit means you miss the timed lights. So yes, it fucking does.

And then you meet them again at the next light.

Most people don't try with me. Most cars can't keep pace with muscle cars in the midwest