/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Rainbow Six: GO Edition

>Steam
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
Steam group player list: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Useful links
Maps: r6maps.com/
Drawing board: rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx
Sound Propagation: youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU
Weapons and Armor damage comparisons: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true
WIP guide for crosshairs and other stuff: hnng.moe/7Ik

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user)
mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/alexandre_remy/status/777011739321860096
twitter.com/itsepi
twitter.com/xavier_marquis
youtube.com/watch?v=UAxR_3zvj1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IQ is viable

This is gonna sound incredible faggy but I don't know where else to ask:
Is there some kind of Cosplay or Equipment guide,what each Operators gear is based on?

I've seen a Post a couple of days ago explaining the Spetznatz Camo and Kapkans hood,but no in detail guide

They only do something like 50 dmg on direct hit.

I use impact grenades as pocket sand to scare people around corners, but most people use them like they're intended and blow up walls for easy access.

>just noticed the links are fuck long

I knew I should have used line breaks (or a url shortener). Next time.

No one uses the player list, familia. Best to just leave the Steam group, the teamspeak and the console group. Also the WIP guide for crosshairs is extremely old and is not getting updated since forever, so I'd say it's safe to take down.

Just a reminder for next OP

I haven't played in a long while but want to get back into it with the release of the Brazilian operators and need people to play with

My stats are below average but I'm an at least competent team player
Should I even bother trying to play with you all or should I practice alone first

out of that list, I only know one person, and I've been playing on the teamspeak for ages. I feel like it's safe to take out. Absolutely no other regulars use it, anyway. They're all on TS

repostan

Reposting from last thread:

>Thermite loses stun grenades and gets smoke
WHY!? FIRST YOU TAKE HIS REGULAR CHARGES AND NOW THE FUCKING STUNS? FUCK OFF UBISOFT, STOP TRYING TO NERF THERMITE!
>Twitch now OP as shit
Why can't they just buff an operator without making them into a fucking rape machine? Now she can just destroy all the gadgets before prep phase is even over? Fuck that.
>RIP BB
Fucking finally, only took them a season and a half. Now the 'just flank or use C4 bro' meme can die.
>Valkyrie only has 3 cameras now
This seems just petty but I guess it's okay, she's still extremely verastile and her cameras will still never be bad.
>All these defenders losing nitro in place of impact grenades
This is either gonna add a whole new dimension to the game and balance things out, be even more OP than nitros, or be so bad barely anyone uses them.
>No heavy barrel for Glaz
WHY!? LITERALLY WHY!? HE FUCKING NEEDED IT MORE THAN ANYONE!
>Buffed P90's, MP5's, and the G36C
Good, that should be helpful actually. Finally Ubisoft is sort of listening on this end at least.

I dunno, only played one match since the update because I've been so busy lately. Am I wrong with my assumptions/reactions here?

Why not play in the TS? We're friendly

Non drawfag here, how's my shitty meme

thanks
I'll be sure to do that after patching it tonight

I only left the guide in because the crosshair thing still works to my knowledge, and I've found it useful enough to have it up. I haven't been able to play in a while, though, so I can't confirm if that client side anticheat fucks it up, in which case it's useless.

Pretty good desu.

I'm looking for Bandit's jacket and gloves,anybody know what it is based on?

Looks like a typical leather jacket but with insignia on it and the front covered by armour

This game would be a lot better if or used that new animation system Star Citizen uses to make first person match third poison animations and make the camera more towards the actual head

nth for wasting stims.

Url shorteners are cancer and probably banned

>Claymores may actually prevent defenders from exiting the buildings and make roaming less effective
I actually kinda like this concept. I was trying to think of how they'd be useful in actual play, seems like that would be it.

This game would be a lot better if a 9mm that goes through 3 walls didnt kill in one hit.

Also if the netcode wasnt so fucking horrible which is also why this game will never be a legit esport

You're wrong

Thermite's "nerf" is actually not a nerf at all. Claymores are fucking amazing. And smoke grenades can help immensely. You already have a bunch of other operators with breaching capability and Thermite really was never supposed to go Lone Wolf.

Twitch is pretty powerful, yes, but she's not the rape machine you're making her out to be either. It's not like her drone moves at sanic speeds, it just moves at normal drone speed now. So it's just a matter of having good aim. and also using Mute in impossible to reach places to shut her down from entering objective. You can't do much about the outer cameras though. So Valk is pretty important still, I'd say.

Yeah, BB's nerf is great. He still serves his intended purpose but he's actually fair now. And shattering his shield feels great.

Valkyrie losing a cam really isn't a big deal. Just prioritize your spots better. And her MPX has a muzzle break now so that's great

Losing nitro is a great change, yes. And the impact grenades are amazing. They're for creating quick get aways or a pocket hole to watch an angle. Their damage is often negligible, so don't use them for that. Other handy uses for them are taking out thermite chrages before they blow through drone holes or from above, and killing downed enemies.

No heavy barrel for Glaz is stupid, yeah

Buffed guns are great, yeah.

One complaint I have is that there's no reason to use anything but Muzzle Brakes now, because they're objectively the best attachment now in most cases (except for when you want less damage dropoff with defenders for example, so you pick extended barrel)

*muzzle brake, sorry

Okay, what about the player list? Why leave that?

>twitches drone speed is now the normal drone speed
holy shit
it still can't jump right?

>There's still no drawings of dancing fuze and glaz after successfully clustered hostage.
I'm actually surprised

Correct, it cannot jump. It also had its big red lights removed to not make it a rolling neon sign. It's still fuck hueg though.

Asked, and I didn't get a response until after I made the thread. I'll leave it out if I make the next OP. I still don't think the Steam group is even needed up there, just the console and TS, but so far I've only heard that it should stay.

Reminder that Rook is the 100% of the time pick over Doc.

>Rook's ability is on, all the time, and works even if you die
>Doc must be alive to administer his aid
>Doc can miss his limited ammo shot on his stim pistol if team mates refuse to stand still for even one second
>It is common knowledge a Doc related stim clutch to a DBNO team mate is rare
>It is common knowledge that people who take Rooks plates actually get shot by bullets almost every round!
>Rooks plates reduce overall damage
>Rooks plates make it more likely team mates will enter a DBNO state instead of outright dying
>Rooks plates mean your friends stay alive longer in every firefight, increasing the odds they kill the enemy before the enemy kills them
>Rook has impact grenades, allowing you easier access to move around or to open up walls between objectives
>Mathematically speaking Rook with plates has more relative health than a 120 HP stim'd up Doc, and persists the entire match

There is only one time Doc is a viable pick - when you already have a Rook. A Rook alone is an extremely valuable asset to his team. A Rook and Doc combo is a deadly combination that more than ever can fuck shit up.

A Doc on his own is quite simply a poor decision.

I think the Steam group itself is just a formality but there's no harm in it staying. TS obviously should stay. Console friends should stay, but the "player list" just didn't get used, ever

Well to each their own with Thermite. I hate using smoke grenades because they don't fit my playstyle and hinder everyone's view of the room. I like the stuns because they were helpful in firefights and in times you need to escape. Claymores I haven't experimented with yet so I have no comment on them.

Twitch doesn't seem overly OP, perhaps I exaggerated a slight bit. My main concern really is the fact she can wreck everything during drone phase, which can be countered by Mute but still, it's a pretty menial task having to worry about one operator fucking everything up as soon as the round starts but it's not too bad.

BB's nerf is amazing, way too fucking long in the making but better late than never.

Honestly Valk's lost cam hurts but it's not crippling by any means as by the time I got to my 4th camera I was kinda reaching at where to put it anyways, now I can just throw down 3 and be on my way.

The impacts seemed like more of a tool than a killing weapon but you can never be sure with Ubisoft. Either way, I'm glad there's less nitro now, that shit was getting unbearable.

I HATE the fact Glaz didn't get a heavy barrel. I don't understand why he was left out, it was literally the one thing he needed. I'm so sick of shooting people with his supposedly super powerful gun only to do minimal damage. In my opinion, anything that hits from the chest up is a down at most ranges and headshots are obvious 1hk's. I say SHOULD but know Ubisoft won't ever fix it.

Actually pretty hyped to see what a good chunk of the guns are like now, hopefully a bit easier to control.

And somehow I saw that coming, Ubisoft is horrible with this shit. Muzzle breaks will be on everything now so I suppose I better go set all mine up.

My problem is that I use Thermite as a demo man, if it's in my way, i can blow it up
But now I have to ask someone else to get their breach charges instead of perfectly syncing my breach/Brimstones like I used to
Thermite should be able to blow the shit out of everything in front of him, fuck Ash

i wish i had some info for tachanka

Well, now you have to play Thermite differently, big woop. He's a support. Use Claymores to plant in typical flanking angles. They have saved my team's lives so many times over since patch came out.

Im glad Thermite isnt the breach master anymore
>tfw his shit teammates make him waste an exo on a normal wall

If your team mates do this, they are retarded

There's a reason you can now see your teammate's load outs before you go in, you know. So you can coordinate and so that not everyone brings flash bangs.

It is a big woop when it was implemented for no reason other than to try and make him not a must-pick but Ubishit is too stupid to realize his special charges are what makes him a must-pick. If they got their heads out of their asses and did something like add in an ability for another operator to breach reinforcements or at least one reinforced wall Thermite wouldn't get picked every fucking round.

And the stuns were nice to have for reasons already stated, smokes are fucking useless. I'm honestly more upset about the lack of standard charges though. That was a huge part of the strategy and was such a useful tactic. Set a regular charge somewhere and then set an Exo, detonate the exo and the standard breach at the same time, it was extremely effective and I employed the tactic countless times.

I'll toy around with the claymore but the fact remains they're nerfing Thermite in all the wrong ways. Him losing his frags was one thing, this is another entirely.

I only play in casual for now and its common. A lot of thermites still rush in line wolf. As a defender I really like there being less breaches around.

>implying you're cool enough to roll with me on my team

nice try kid.

>user tries claymores
>"Holy shit I take it all back"

HEY, HEY NECKBEARD
NICE SHIELD FAGGOT
HAHAHAHAHA

get hype
twitter.com/alexandre_remy/status/777011739321860096

oh my god.

By the way, what are other Siege dev or team member twitters?

I'm okay with the claymores, they do work sometimes, but Thermite doesn't need smokes, he shouldn't be rushing balls deep and he's not 3 speed
Meanwhile Ash is expendable and 3 speed with a gun just as fast so if anyone rushes into the room it's her with her smokes

Smokes are not just for rushing, they're also to throw at the enemy to cover out angles that they can't see without them running through the smoke and getting shot up, giving you time to plant thermite charges or advance another way or defuse shit

Same way Montagne/Blitz can use them

SoF when?

i know the community manager is
twitter.com/itsepi
and this dude is the creative director
twitter.com/xavier_marquis

>implying i pick doc to be an asset to the team
lmao im going on a 1 man rampage dumbass fuck rook aint a damn nigga gettin any of my stims

also the guy who tweeted out this pic is the brand director for rainbow six so these are pretty much official and not some fan made content.

>nerfing
They're just changing his role to be more supportive instead of aggressive to better promote team play.

Whenever I try and use them, the enemy just suppresses the shit out of it and running into it is suicide

Who ever said anything about running into smoke? That's a stupid idea.

I don't see how them making him worse isn't nerfing him. Giving him smokes does not promote being a support role either.

He was already the most team-play oriented attacker in the game just based off his Exo charges alone. They literally just keep trying to make him worse to prompt other operators being picked over him but it's never going to happen as long as he's the only operator capable of breaking reinforced walls.

You literally cannot dispute this.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want to git gud with Montagne now.

youtube.com/watch?v=UAxR_3zvj1w

Thermite was always meant as a support role, and them giving him frags and normal breaches at all to begin with was a mistake.

Like you said, Thermite's a vital operator, and if you know he's gonna get picked most of the time anyway, then there's no reason to give him more versatility beyond his role. His role is busting reinforced walls, period. And since this role is so vital, he perfectly fits a support description with Claymores (very good) and Smokes (kinda meh but not terrible if used correctly)

tachanka = gorka 4 + 6b6 titan

Looks better than those Pop figures

Release Thermite was kind of a one-man army, familia.
Post-patch Thermite was still thoroughly powerful by himself
I think this change firmly establishes Thermite as a support class that needs his team to assist him, instead of being a Mary Sue that can do everything and anything great on his own.

>stuck in garage as smoke
>no health
>doc in other room and can't heal me
>make a hole for him in desperation
>doesn't heal
>after I die he heals himself

>"GOTTA SAVE EM FOR THE CLUTCH, BRAH ;))))"

love you dude, can't find the helmet tho

Macкa-Щ

Google Maska,it's a pretty old soviet Helmet
Most of the Spetznatz stuff is pretty easy to find,but expensive,they all were different Gorkas and old Soviet Chestrigs

They took her

ahh sweet found it, thanks bois
xoxoxoxox

Np

I still kinda want a pastebin for the Operator Gear,maybe we could start one and add our findings one by one?

I'll agree that early Thermite set an unrealistic precedent for him as the go-to attacker, which was why I didn't have an issue when they removed his frags.

In my opinion they could've just removed the grenade slot all together and just gave him standard breaches with nothing else.

It would literally make him demolition man with a decent gun and nothing more.

I find myself playing Thermite more than ever since nobody ever picks him and/or they don't know how to fucking use him. He's too important to leave in the hands of retards so I've been picking him a ton, this change will take a bit of getting used to.

>guy joins on double match point, does nothing, then starts shit talking
>"hah get fucking owned cucks"
please tell me this wasn't one of (You)

Siege is too fun
Even when I lose I don't feel like quitting
Help

Doesn't sound like you need help. Keep going

But don't neglect responsibilities

Thanks Ubi

I didn't see a single headshot from your part there, you just sprayed wildly from side to side and he had better accuracy than you

not him but that's a fucking lmg, he got quite some bullets in that guy and he still didn't die, that's bullshit

>Only hits enemy twice
>Surprised that he's still standing
Go back to your hole Tachanka

He's peeking you while moving. You're a sitting duck on a turret and only hit him twice. What were you expecting.

This shit is too stressful for early in the day.

The LMG does do a lot of damage, but if you look closely you'll see he barely hit him a couple of times. He left Thermite pretty lit of course, but he bought him enough time to successfully peek and finish Tachanka off

I hit him like 10 times,and in the Killcam afterwards he had 100% health

Also my teammate asked me why I wasnt shooting,apparently in his killcam and while he was watching me I only sat there doing nothing.

Finally notice how Thermite breached the wall without any sparks beforehand?
None of this is supposed to happen.

What's with that reinforced wall? I didn't see the Thermite effect before it blew up

idk it seems to me like he got him at least 4 times something like that

Oh hey you're right.
I guess your client must have desync'd or something

This Bullshit keeps happening with Tachanka,Ubi really needs to fix the turrets hitdetection

Wow, NONE of those hit him. Blood didn't cover the surroundings until the turret dismount.

Are you telling me he didn´t hit him at all and what you see in both webms is fair and balanced?

Wew. Now this, this is proper fucked mate.

I think what he means is that the hits didn't register and that's what's shocking. Of course they hit him in the second webm, specially

Now you guys learned your lesson: Don't pick Trashchanka

Also bandits shoes are Adidas sambas

I'll attribute first webm to a client desync because we didn't even see Thermite sparks, and because teammates told him they didn't see him firing at all

I attribute second webm to big fuckery indeed

Ewwww

>early in the day
>its 7pm
???

Hi Europe

it's like 11am here in the Midwest US right now but I recorded that clip like five hours ago.

Can any of our local drawfags tell me what this checkerboard technique thing is called? Doing pixelart but this is taking way too long so I'm hoping I could Google search a brush or something that speeds things up.

>It is a big woop when it was implemented for no reason other than to try and make him not a must-pick but Ubishit is too stupid to realize his special charges are what makes him a must-pick.

Oh it's the "people only pick for one reason" who doesnt have the common sense to realize people pick Operators because of the entire spectrum of their abilities, guns included.

Stop wasting everyone's time you retard.

Hey, to the user that is in charge of the drawfriend gallery

There's a repeated picture, the one with Glaz drawing Angry Eyebrows on Tachanka with a sharpie. If you can, delete the one closer to the bottom, because it's repeated and it doesn't even have the last panel

99th for a sheyst-pack of spetnatz vodka