Planetside 2 General - /ps2g/

Last week's thread this game is so dead that we have been reusing the same images every thread for months edition

>Patch 9/7 Notes
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-9-7.242625/
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsDZJtZe2cw
youtube.com/watch?v=zeDBP8NcqF8
youtube.com/watch?v=9KeKk6B3CqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PSForever coming out in less than a year. Can't wait for the entire PS2 population and then some to jump ship. Cockbreak are going to have to commit seppuku and it'll be glorious.

lol

lol

lol

Hello!

Are gorgons good on NC or do I stick with the shotguns?

The better question is: do you have a choice?

I'm looking to buy max stuff, don't have many certs, but I do want something to work towards. Still need ravens, so I'll probably get them first.

don't buy gorgons, they are meh against everything

Thanks. What are the best shotties for the MAX? Right now I'm functioning on just the default shotgun and the cheapest one for the other arm, forgot what it was.

Honestly if you need something to kill things outside shotgun range just get falcons.

>tfw flak armor is the best MAX option but you need NAR because nobody on NC plays engineer and those who do are too stupid to click on me with repair gun

>nobody on NC plays engineer

The hell server are you on? I see nothign but engineers, ever. No maxes, no heavies, no medics, just engineers. And I play engineer too.

and none of them have maxed ammo pack

Engineer is THE class if you want challenging gameplay in PS2. We talk big, walk big, and carry a huge bag of tricks. Some people can't handle the low health. That's cool. Some people need that kind of "great job everyone, you tried your best so your all winners" kind of gameplay. You're not going to find that on Engineer. This is the adult class. No trophies for second place here. I've played on all the PS2 classes. There are some very good players on the others. But nothing like what we have here. I see players on the other classes who do things that simply would not be possible on Engineer, because if they tried that here they would be destroyed again and again. Engineer players are simply top notch. Whether VS, TR or NC, no other class has the same level of talent. Go ahead, flame me. But if you ever want to improve your score, come play on Engineer for a while, then go back to your old class. Going and playing on Heavy AssSalt or Memefiltrator for me is like playing against bots. Engineer = Hard Mode All the rest = New to FPS games? Play here to begin your adventure.

>shoot at mans
>zero damage
>mans look at me
>instagibbed by his SMG
>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=wsDZJtZe2cw

Emerald. Every engineer I see is either glued to their vehicle or they have special optics and ear pieces that completely filter out damaged maxes and desperate cries for repair.

at least they have the decency to look at you, I've had niggers run right by me and I just fall over without being shot

What's a good air to air weapon for TR mosquitos? I'm too shit with the chaingun to do any damage to anything.

Well for "WITNESS ME" suicide rushes Hacksaws. If you want to 1v1 other MAX'es Grinders (only Grinders with extended magazines can 1v1 a kinetic 5 MAX).
If you can aim and control your COF Mattocks+slugs. They are great against infantry but you will die to other MAXes.

All the shotguns require extended magazines to be usable

Goddamn cheeky cunts run me over 2 times. How come an ATV can run over a giant metal robot?

how come u rnt my gf ;_;

you are sub 5.0 ivi kdr, thats why

this is bullying

What? I'm unlocking the last two turrets right now and I repair and throw ammo whenever i see the health or minimap icon.

well i have over 10 ivi kdr
now u hav 2 b mai gf lol

Of course there's going to be exceptions, I was exaggerating. I'm just saying that the common engineer never repairs stuff that isn't their own.

Is it possible to be a MAX main?

yes

Interesting. How many kills do you need to usually get to maintain the 450 nanite cost?

nanites are completely independent from kills or xp or anything else
you get 50 per minute
+25 with a membership
+25 with a resource boost
+0-20 based on territory

You just have to live for 9 minutes each time.

Which for a max main shouldn't be that hard.

In soviet russia TMG-50 is a shotgun))

>still playing this shitheap of a game
you won't win the war anyway

out
fuggn sgilld ;DDD

I can't get memescopes to work with my aggressive playstyle. ;_;

would you guys like me to blog about my memescope attempts??

no

kys and aim better

heh thanks based Spity

Real talk time, ps2g

What would they need to change, add, or remove to make this game good again?
And I mean complete overhaul style, not just "nerf/buff"

oh gosh :3c

human x spity otp

biolab/tower only continent

or

empty continent so we build all our sand castles

Complete airgame overhaul that usually gets posted here:
ESF air superiority only
valks/libs take over A2G role

it will never happen though since skyknights would flood redddit with salt

>Biolabs have huge walls and towers
>90% useless because there's no reason to ever be at them
>can actually be beneficial to attackers because they can cram sunderers in them
When are they going to add either siege mechanics, or engineer tools that give people mobility?

i do hope for an overhaul before becoming what i ever hated

>biolab/tower only continent

THIS!

>empty continent so we build all our sand castles
i think this is what they'll be aiming at when battle islands ever get released

THE HIGHEST SKILLCAP ACTIVITY

Doors

Is the emissary shit?

It's fucking ridiculous.
It's a primary weapon in secondary slot.

I run one on my shotgun loadout.

how tremendously balanced

it isnt shit at all

Which NC helmet should I get.

Does this TRigger you?

cowboy hat

Get the Ben Garrison cowboy hat.

cowboy hat if you're living free
basically anything else if you're a commie in disguise

>even having to ask this question
C O W B O Y
O
W
B
O
Y

What game?

I have the Thunderbird one. I think that's the name.

WHO /MAX/ HERE

get fugd
t. pro fairy

Someone should reroll NC :^)

well... there was a russian hacker in flying aimbot maxes, 50% of russians are using enlarged hitboxes, there was a russian guy who could lead bullets like they were Ravens/Mana AV(!!)... and now a russian with Pump Action shotgun LMG.

When will this madness end?

>... and now a russian with Pump Action shotgun LMG
Tbh, that's the most low-tech of hacks and not even a real hack for what is worth, just an exploitation of Daybreak's shitty netcode.
Anyone can do it, no 1337 hacking skills required. I'm honestly surprised at how almost nobody knows about it.

you mean lagswitching?

I remember hearing that they were going to be doing something with all the construction items, like making them free or cheaper or something. Was there any truth to that or did I get rused

They were supposed to make them shared between factions so people who used station cash didn't get completely shafted. Werl fucked that up.

no :^)

so how does he do it?

>Log on for the first time in months
>Buddy starts telling me his Outfit has bots that fly Valkyries for them
>Russians are all apparently cheating and it's totally un-solveable
>Server is still absolutely loaded with foreigners

I think this was a mistake

>bots that fly Valkyries for them

what

>implying i'm going to tell you
nice try, kolya

I don't know. They all apparently changed to VS while I was gone so I'd put it in the realm of possibility.

>bots that fly valks
Why the fuck?

You've never seen what even 4 or 5 people in a Valk can do to a vehicle column?

pls tell))

>be me
>NC main
>find this general
>see posts about how VS and TR are overbuffed because they cry on reddit and NC don't
>play VS
>easiest time of my life

wew

No, I usually see a new player flying one who gets killed instantly because they don't know it's a cert pinata

>be me
>VS main
>find this general
>see posts about how NC and TR are overbuffed because they cry on reddit and VS don't
>play NC
>easiest time of my life
wew

Infantry wise it's all the same, but NC lacks a lot in vehicles and secondaries.

TR/VS is also easier cause lots of their stuff relies on splash damage. Splash damage doesn't require you to aim, and it's not affected by lag.

That's too bad. Nothing destroys vehicleblobs harder, and that's with just one valk and maybe 6 guys.

Yeah, I actually got pistol kills and was confused because I'm so used to the shitty NC secondaries. Also, the VS MAX is fucking broken.

by secondaries i mean vehicle secondary weapons not sidearms. NC sidearms are great, probably the best.
NC empire specific stuff is what sucks the most in comparison to TR/VS ones (Phoenix, Aegis, Mjolnir, Enforcer, Vanguard and Reaver being a flying bricks etc)

Ah. I always thought NC pistols kinda sucked but the only one I ever really used was the standard mag-shot, I hear the rebel is good but it seems so inferior to the underboss, and considering that I sometimes run shotguns, the emissary might be my best bet anyway.

They're actually REALLY good aside from the fagscatter, but the NC sidearms are just that much better.

>youtube.com/watch?v=zeDBP8NcqF8
>these shitters really thought this gameplay was worthy of making a video and posting it on leddit
waht the fug

I'm just a shitter then, cause I can't kill shit with the mag shot.

>NC

Meant to say NS. The NS sidearms are better.

200 damage is huge even for primary weapons, and the mag-shot has 15 rounds and is really easy to aim. I don't know what to tell you, man. Are you aiming at their feet or something?

usually just spam click and hip fire like a pleb, maybe the vs pistol is better for that. I can kill with the magshot, the vs pistol just seemed busted to me cause I killed three people in a row with it.

have you tried getting the Desperado? It's a great "panic" sidearm.

I think his problem is that he just can't aim. Maybe he panics at close range or something, but it sounds like he's getting better results out of higher fire rate/mag size, which leads me to think most of his pistol battles are just pray'n'spray.

If that is the case, desperado would just fuck him over even harder. It's got the fire rate, but even less damage and mag size than the mag-shot.

This isn't a problem that can really be solved by just dropping certs/goybucks on a new gun, I think he just needs to work on his aim and staying calm in a fight.

bullshit it is. my ivi kdr on my vs alt is quadruple what it is on my nc.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KeKk6B3CqM
lmao this fucking faggot sucking werl's dicc so hard

the commissioner is just some bullshit.

i bought the mag scatter

with real money.

feel bad for me.

I feel bad for you.

I do. Commissioner is literally just the mag scatter with slugs, ext mags, and higher damage. It's a direct upgrade in every single way.

iirc, mag scatter was okay for like, a week, when you could OHK with a headshot, if you had the gun inside of their fucking nostril. It's so fucking pointless and bad, now, that I wonder why it's even in the game.

Hey Lalunia :3

hey sub 8 ivi kdr shitter

I have not.

I don't panic in pistol fights, I'm just retarded and spray because its a bad habit that I'll never drop.