/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Revitalizing this general with the water of life Edition

>Latest News
>Indivisible
New free PS4 theme with a new song
youtube.com/watch?v=NwJ00RVgBGw

>Skullgirls
Skullgirls Mobile is in closed beta
youtube.com/watch?v=3g3oRN3exAg
A new balance patch is being worked and tested on in the Endless Beta version of Skullgirls.
Patch notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1ajPnJzly4YziSAoSjYIqRkukq3806UBNNmM1zc77dIo

>News Feeds
twitter.com/indivisiblerpg
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Official Forums
skullheart.com

>Skullgirls Stuff
Public Discord Chat: discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In
Wiki: skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides
Outdated SRK Wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Just go to training mode and set "Attack Data" to "Advanced" for frame data
/sgg/(rip) Album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip
SG Mobile Site: hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls
Official Merch: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
More Official Merch: sanshee.com/collections/skullgirls

>Indivisible Stuff
Official YT: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g
Kickstarter: indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/updates
Official Site: indivisiblegame.com
Forums: skullheart.com/index.php?forums/indivisible.103
Main theme(WIP): youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmaDYfKBk

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HYzhwYmu
riendonut.tumblr.com/post/149769880862/
youtu.be/y6kZQ-Gt8xI
malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/150560955061/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>/lzg/ on life support
HANG IN THERE, AJNA!

Wow is this the Skullgirls general? Anyone wanna play?

>Wow is this the Skullgirls general?
yup!

> Anyone wanna play?
sure, open up a lobby!

You still there? Didn't see any lobbies so just made one myself...

Some other time, perhaps? ^^;

sorry yes what is lobby name?

rant incoming, i'm salty af.
i know from other games that i don't usually get frustrated even when i'm losing, and here it's not really the losing that bothers me, it's the way this game is designed.
what is the point of having 40+ hit combos? who enjoys being in hitstun for this long? how is a new player even supposed to learn the game when there are only a few exchanges every game? it's really no wonder the playerbase is so small.

why is it allowed to use OTG to extend your combos? am i never going to actually be able to do SOMETHING? IT LITERALLY NEVER ENDS.
are all anime fighters like this? i don't remember melty being like this. i also don't remember getting salty in melty. i don't know what it is with this game. with some of the cast i can't even tell what's high or low.

I can't speak for other games, but I like it in SG because there's such a heavy emphasis on resets in this game. It's really a lot of fast exchanges where you have to keep paying attention and actively defending, rather than just passively waiting for the combo to end.

It also makes for a big difference between stray pokes, things you can fully convert off of, and heavy counterhit punishes. You won't get very far just trying to safely chip away, you have to get aggressive to score that conversion, and take risks that could eat a big punish if you're not careful.

>are all anime fighters like this?
no, now you know why nobody but lost horny fatlards like skullgirls.

Rude

Building a shitpost nest early in the threads lifespan I see.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a (You) right now, but I'll make you a deal. Answer this question and then I'll give you all the (You)s you could ever want:

Why do you keep coming back to this thread?

it's the truth, stop trying to defend it by saying "it's active defending because you have to stay on your toes for 50/50s or worse anytime!!"
thats hideously stupid

What's her new intro?

She didn't get one. Only the characters in season 1 of Mobile did. Maybe for season 2 later.

pastebin.com/HYzhwYmu

It's okay if it's not your type of fighter, but keep in mind that Skullgirls is coming from a different root than a game like Melty.

Skullgirls is primarily a "Marvel vs Capcom" style game, so aggressive play is highly rewarded. That's why some people enjoy its style over other types of fighting games.
Anything you find frustrating in Skullgirls is several times crazier in Capcom's Versus titles, but lots of players still dedicated themselves to breaking those games down and finding strategies that worked competitively. Once you understood the flow of "Marvel" you didn't find it in too many other places. That's what inspired MikeZ to replicate MvC2's style for SG, only while consciously removing a lot of its purely broken aspects, and redesigning some of its happy accidents with clearer intent.

IPS, for example, isn't designed as mainly a combo breaker tool, but really a system to prevent the types of infinites that were legit in Marvel, IPS implementation alone would probably shut down all of MvC3's ToD strategies.
And OTGs? Skullgirls enforces the one OTG per combo rule, while MvC2 only somewhat enforced it, but could actually allow multiple OTGs with 1-frame timing. MvC3 on the other extreme, simply lets some characters OTG several times with certain moves. Yeah, if you want "literally never ends" play Marvel 3.

There's more than that, but the takeaway is that SGs systems are mainly designed to be "Marvel but fair." That doesn't mean easy, or that you won't get stomped by better players, but that the balance of the game won't be based on things like ACTUAL infinites, unblockable setups, and incredibly lopsided matchups that render half the roster useless, Essentially, the more you understand the game, and your character, the more opportunities you'll discover in matches to turn things around. However, like all fighting games, you have to put in the time.

perfect landing 10/10

ahh, nice to see these finally! thanks user!

anyone know if mike did a showcase for all of the new intros at the end of the tournament?

Nope. He and Wing just played casuals until they had to leave.

why put them in the game when they're not finished lmaoooooo

(Again, not giving you a (You) until you answer )

They're previews so we can see what they're working on. These haven't even been pushed to the public beta yet, Mike just showed them on stream last night.

Also, you've just outed how little you know about the game you hate so damn much, because this is how all the DLC characters were previously developed in the public beta branch. Put the roughs in the game as placeholders to test everything, determine if any frames might go unused, and then finish the ones that will be kept.

Bella's intro is cute

Fuck off back to /fgg/ cunt

They are not in the game.

They are in one private developer build in LA because Mike is implementing them for when the animations are complete.

Ibuki/Bang and Slayer?

this is a more fitting stage for these intros

Thorani OP is always best.

these look like shit wtf?

I just got here, whats this?

they're unfinished lmao

new intros thanks to the mobile game

Man the game is this old already but I'm getting hyped over these new intros like it's a brand new game.

hnnngh what is this feeling called. Haven't felt this way since Squigs was first shown off during the livestream.

Autism

>projecting so hard you don't even use certain words right

riendonut.tumblr.com/post/149769880862/

I wonder what doubles new intros would look like

she hasn't got any new intros YET

They're gonna be fucking scary, I know it.

Thats not red

my sides
that's a low standard

anyone have the 1 character team hack?

>skullgirls doesn't have ToDs
youtu.be/y6kZQ-Gt8xI

Source?

Atrox is gonna have fun cleaning up that one if they assign it to him.

I got it from tumblr, why not try searching for skullgirls?

I can't wait to see this one in a mirror match.

answerme you bitchess

>wearing panties AND a G-string

ask calexe

no one here have it?

I ain't touching that stuff
might get a virus

>See thumbnail
>Almost reminded of that one headswapping thread on /aco/

There is a fetish for that?

sorry, only modding I've ever done is music swaps.

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/150560955061/

What does she mean

she's telling you to get your Flu shots, which is good advice.
playing with her cleavage is just a habit.

Shouldnt that be valentine?

Parasoul believes in this cause too. Herd immunity is part of public safety for the Canopy Kingdom. Not getting vaccinated puts not just you, but society at risk.

Val would due to her profession. Parasoul wants the kingdom healthy to conscript

Indivisible!

*clapclapclap*

So cute. This animation was so cheesy good.

Labzero is streaming. Filia in a lewd position /labzero

Nice tip thanks.

That animation looks so fucking cute
can't wait to see it done

Rougher version over there.
It's lookin' pretty great.

So they're putting Filia in Brawl?

Its so cute!
Thanks pal

nice to see them streaming something again.

Mariel goin in on those tequilas

seeing development is too cool

the combos do end, it just didn't click for you yet and you didn't understand it yet

it's similar to how people still think that eating too many carbs/too much fat will make them fat instead of eating too many calories

THICK!

BUTT!