/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

PAGE TEN edition
previous ded: Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Space Engineers
>StarMade
>Avorion
>From the Depths
>Factorio
>REM
>Robocraft
>Machinecraft
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Besiege
>Infinifactory
>Scrap Mechanic
>Robot Arena 2
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Algodoo
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>minecraft
>you-know-what
>hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7IzZ4Akc
youtube.com/watch?v=xLmkaQ2x2y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for forgetting to bump the last thread.

dont die on me

>Empyrion (hotfix) 3.4.1 0609
Bug Fixes:
> - Fixed: SV cannot undock / cannot undock after Warp
- Fixed: on-desk screen flickering on computer table and improved color mask (new deco object)
- Fixed error that appeared sometimes in Resume Game menu
- Fixed texture resolution and shadow settings not carrying over when restarting game
- Fixed error that appeared when removing last block on a structure

WAITING ON STILLE FOREVERIALLY

I have to talk to him about some sort of automated update process.

>no mods that increase spawn rates of spiders
>no mods for ship mounted shotguns
>no mods for indirect fire artillery

how hard would it be to have a projectile follow a ballistic trajectory in spengies?

Is there a way to start building a grid on one side and the other side simultaneously places the block at the same orientation opposite of the original placed blocked? I'm talking about Space Engineers.

Designing small ships are tedious.

press N , then M to sset the axis

My gosh, I will try it now. Where is the upvote button?

too hard for keen

its creative only btw

I'm just designing for now. I will project a blueprint on multiplayer. I'm sick of relying on others' creation.

But user, that's maths n shiet

>ballistic implemented in spengies
>all bullets are 1 block small ship grids
>servers burning over the world
>next week keen fixes it by disabling turrets

I was just thinking that.

Would make gravity shields useful, just have a few spherical generators pushing outwards at full force.

>PAGE TEN

And now you let ten thousand grids float away in every direction of space, expanding and generating bigger and bigger maps.

user you should just take it for the sake of the server.

Well in space there is no gravity and air no drag and hence no ballistics, boolit will go on flying indefinitely

If boolit is small block going fast, when it enters gravitational pull of something, it will start orbiting it until its orbit degrades and it burns up in atmosphere

So doing proper ballistics in spess game would be tricky indeed, but hacking it so gravity suddenly switches on simple parabolic arcs for boolits would be simple

any good scripts that I can use on some cheap missiles to get them to fire in an arc?
>tfw argentavis spawns and starts broadcastings it's shitty beacons and shitting out drones

tfw made your car self driving

come on Musk it's not hard

IKR

god damn this could have been so much simpler.

extra thruster on your missile, pointing down, thrust override until pleased. But that already happens in gravity, and why would you want it in space?

Of course there is balistics. There is always travel time, and with longer distances it becomes a problem. Also :
>not wishing for gunfights when breaching giant ships with grav gens

What happened with brick 1?

We don't talk about brick 1

page eight

Travel time is not the same as ballistics in game design terms. Travel time can be simmed with raycasting hitscan on a delay, to do ballistics you model every projectile.

now make a cute robit

Why can't time just be backwards?

is is though?

But from a game play perspective is? Boolet balistics are described by 4 very simple equations, 3 of them need acceleration (or are used when there is acceleration, such as the one gravity makes on boolets). As there is no acceleration in space boolets in our analogy the only remaining thing would be travel time.
What if it is already backwards? How would you know the difference?

Because you'll be moving faster than light and brain yourself on the ceiling first thing in the morning

why do peoples experience time with things they don't remember in the future?

>But from a game play perspective is? Boolet balistics are described by 4 very simple equations, 3 of them need acceleration (or are used when there is acceleration, such as the one gravity makes on boolets). As there is no acceleration in space boolets in our analogy the only remaining thing would be travel time.
From a gameplay perspecitve spengies use some kind of safety ammo that disitegrates after 800 meters travelled, because nobody wants tiny kinetic missiles travelling astronomical units before they hit something and stop

because if it's backwards, you're backwards too and wouldn't know. you want causality to be backwards

Who said that it's going forward? Time is just be a vector without a body of reference, whichever direction it points in doesn't matter.

IIRC I think Chinese time "moves" in a stack - old things accumulate under, new things on top, but nothing is ever "in the past", only "in the stack". Unsure, though.

well if I could get missiles to approach from outside angles then point defense would have a harder time right?

Different interpretation of an abstract idea that has no grounding in reality. Attributing "direction" to time is a philosophical construct at most.

Are we talking human perception of time or time as in spacetime continuum time

The former is a mystery while the latter has all sorts of nice equations for you to look at

But math model of time is interconected with vectors of movement. If you somehow found a way to move "more forward" than "forward" the time vector will be pointing "backward".

[citation needed]

HAHA TIME FOR COORDINATE AUTISM AGAIN

good, now make him trot

"We're as confused as you are"
t. Physicists of planet Earth

Human perception. I understand that spacetime continuum time is directionless and such.

>I don't know anything about relativity

Well human perception of time generally boils down to a spiral of sorts

Possibly because even as we speak we're in fact tumbling through space at a horrifying velocity in a roughly circular orbit

Therefore it isn't worth discussing.

No, if you use the vanilla 104m/s cap it won't make any difference.
If you're using a speed mod, just make it faster, point defense won't have time to shoot it down even if it goes straight, and if I recall correctly rockets on pirate ships aren't even set to shoot small ships.

If you're concerned it might be shot down, shoot missiles paired with a decoy, or shoot a bunch of them, or a bunch of them and one is the decoy.

The only way to elude turrets targeting is to be moving really fast, or have sharp acceleration.

Can we get some warm bodies to pile onto 73.242.114.95:27016 for a test? The world download will take forever, as a fair warning. Would be nice if we could see how she does under load.

how long is forever at 200KB/s?

youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7IzZ4Akc

>tfw i was there when empyrion first released

>back when assemblers couldn't auto-craft, there was no world map, CV's couldn't enter planets, and players had to be in the same ship to leave the planet

never forget

I'm learning some chinese and that doesn't make much sense from what I learned so far. But I'm 95% illiterate. The only thing is that you don't change the verbs to suit time.

Are you writing your thoughts? Because "Relativity" is not "Math model" of time. Time is a vector that composes space time in relativity, but in other things (non relativistic)? Nope. It's a scalar

Im into Vtols now, robots are still impossible because rotors are weak as shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=xLmkaQ2x2y0

You deleted the blueprint from workshop before I had the chance to save it for myself btw

Do not respond to the normie "science is so cool!" retard.

Well, now this is going to be there unless it changes drastically, like a new branch over the v10 prototype.
The other old one is going 404 as soon as the bug report is done.
Rotors are still broken in the gun hands.
The rest works pretty well.

Related.

To what?

Gotta see if shakes like this still.

>when you're trying to build a tank but clang says no

>turret on turret
Tovarich, the KV4 was not a good idea...

Is stalker /egg/, /egg/?

>no gravitational anomaly planet to explore in spengos
maximum pain and suffering

U F O

P O R N O

At least they weren't bradleys

>Engineer Slav-47
>Win game

>Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>you-know-what
W-what is it?

kat space penis

Oh, right.

kiloton space pinata you say?

Robocraft.

the only thing inside that pinata is

/ded/er than usual

I'm depressed, man. I'm not up to speaking with anyone. Not suicidal or anything.

I spengineered all day, now I need a break.

Are we really having arguments over how time works?

No.

where?

That was a few months ago

oh

888mph we timetravel now.
Oh shit I already jumped almost a week in the future just by taking a screenshot.
Is this still current year?

stay alive you bastard

time is dead and meaning has no meaning

Will there be a time when keen will stop to fuck up?

Marek got gassed, so in a few aeons maybe.

Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram Buy Gold.

Its grow a beard waiting game.
Spengos was born in the last bit of the gtx700
Saw the gtx900 come and go, and now its seing the gtx1000, born in the last bit of haswell, and saw skylake born, and prolly get replaced with the newer one, its what i have from reference.
If theorically reach beta when the 1100 series comes out, yea, it will be a point when the hardware and software will overcome anything.

Even today playing games at machines that overcome everything that the engine throws at it, you wont notice how shit is optmizied when the hardware is actually struggling to get there, you have to go to the task manager and put low priority because it stutters every x ammount of seconds and play with options here and there.

So, yes, when the game is finally released and 100% complete. in 4 more years.
Unless they put pretty makeup and release it as finnished, like doing good looking blocks.. OHSHIT.

Post your made up RP stories for when you play singleplayer Spengies

Why Are You Typing Like This Find Your Own

>/egg/ - time theory and selfhelp group general

>realistic sounds weren't added to the stable branch

just

So, treating one point as an origin, I've found the distance to Klendathu's surface is

51 from 0,0,0
72 from 0,0, -27
57 from 0,15, -27

so that gets me

2601=x^2+y^2+z^2
5184=x^2+y^2+(z+27)^2
3249=x^2+(y-15)^2+(z+27)^2

Trusting the calculator more than my own math, Combining the first two spheres yields a z value of 34.353, and plugging that into the first sphere yields their intersection: a circle of 1421=x^2+y^2

this is where my brain fails me and I have a hard time figuring out how to implement the third circle

They hurt performance really bad sometimes.