/edg/+/scg/: The Space Adventure 53

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread: >__________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe"
Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=soR5XR5Sybc

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/52zi0q/bensday_with_batgirl_and_ben_lesnick_episode_60/
youtube.com/watch?v=K9hgo0Xfj8s
sketchfab.com/models/f221678fba1a4bfab8c73e79390da891
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Generic statement

Third for boipucci

>"SC is taking too long to be made!"

They have to actually make stable game mechanics and physical models before they can expand the game. It will take 2 years to create the physics, scripts, code, and models for different planets but once they have a base they can just copy and paste the same code with different alterations ie topology, atmosphere, wildlife of each planet.

So it might take the 5 years it has been to make 5% of the game but 2 years to make the other 95%.

This applies to other games too, take Fallout 4 for example which was in development when FNV was released but people are convinced it only took a year to make and was announced halfway through development.

Sorry if I repeat myself I am a little drunk and angry at shitposters

BEST SHIP

I need your backers Chris. Hand them over.

autists

Fallout 4 took 7 years to be finished (along with pretty much every massive AAA), but goons will always goon.

>BEST

Waiting first the inevitable comparison to the Money for Nothing music video.

No.

what dis

wow nice meltdown

I fail to see how those two images are related, my friend

Holy shit that actually looks nice. Which episode is this?

>but don't presume that he's talking about the rest of us pvp-ers. (Don't think I'm a pvp-er? I killed a guy in the PU this morning cause he deserved it, IC. Also got in a fight with another ship, although that was a mistake, lol).

t. Daphne

Looks like our favorite forum shitter is at it again, folks!

>I killed someone, that makes me a PvPer!

You people will never understand.

A. Early development during the kickstarter era was largely done thanks to the sums of cash that middle-age men reminiscing Wing Commander kept throwing at the dev team to have a new one made. Smaller investment wasn't much more common due to a lack of mainstream exposure.

B. The marketing team has penetrated into the mainstream, meaning more people who are used to giving ~$60 for a game and more people who want it to go on sale before buying. Some also stick with being civilians for the sake of waiting for a polished and released game before spending.

C. Funding is actually significantly higher than it was in the early days due to the number of people spending an average of $23 vs. a much smaller group paying $180.

A-are the fanboys g-gone yet, ojousama? Is it safe t-to come out?

Hey has any one got a spare meta alloy they'd give me? I'm sitting here in deciat and i really don't want to fly to maia and back.

pls...

Cater is pretty nice desu can't wait for the cutlass, might actually get one if its any good and if citcon is impressive enough.

This still triggers me

f8 lightning potentially being sold lol
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/52zi0q/bensday_with_batgirl_and_ben_lesnick_episode_60/

I'm not even the original samefag

>f8 lightning potentially being sold
Wow who could have anticipated such a thing?

>expecting us to watch a 30 minute long video with fucking BEN and a tranny

timestamp or stop posting forever

Sure you aren't buddy, keep pretenind other people post it. You just samefag in an attempt to trigger me again, faggot.

Cater gonna cate

Absolutely GAY

Was bound to happen, just hope the stupid thing doesn't have those torp mounts we saw in the old teller grey box.

Space whale pls.

Yes, come closer. I have some AtV footage I wanna show you.

forgot to include the companion graph

Third times the charm, right guys?

tl;dr "We're thinking about doing a way to let people try out the F8"

It doesn't even sound like he hinted they're going to sell it, it sounds more like they're going to do a free flight for it or another Vanduul Swarm challenge that lets people rent it with REC

No, not "TL;DR", timetstamp or fuck off.

No one likes your blurred lego pictures. Go away.

You're doing it wrong, I'm the guy who did everysingle (EVER)[/spoiler[fake Polaris and the Green Smooth-arurora. You need to flip the image and re-tint it so they can't reverse search it.

Technically this is the second since the last rework never got started. And since most ships have had one or two reworks its not surprising or is it that big of an issue considering how many other aspects of the game are finally coming online.

But hey, when you see this pic I'm sure the only thing you'll see is the cutlass.

Was that you? Nice cock.

Its looks better than actual cucklass :^)

Nope, that was a shitposter who got banned. I'm also the user who made that clean Aquila edit for you.

Where is the source for this? There's no way to know the proportion of ranks enlisted per quarter unless you're CIG. Moreover, the total funding CIG would have gotten if this was true would be $54.5. which is laughably off.

Source is _____Goons that are in on the joke seeing if Derek will bite

is sa down or is it just me

Knew the second part, and appreciate it.

The Aurora one was funny but I'll fukken execute you if you try this shit in my threads again

Wait, I thought you were replying to I'm not the Avengerbae poster

Nope. I just keep twinkpron, my photos and khartu-al and avenger arts in the same folder on my phone. Sometimes just upload wrong picture.

Oh, well I knew someone here made it. Thanks to you, then.

That's it SC and ED are finished, 3D space combat >>> shitty dad simulators.

youtube.com/watch?v=K9hgo0Xfj8s

>1st and 3rd person action focus (no sim)

GET REKT SIM SCUM

>no! go play CoD kid! we want realism and sheeeit! you just don't understand!

Fuck off. Not being able to see your ship from the outside is counter productive to the extreme. What's the point of pretty visuals then?

...and most importantly...

You cannot tell me ONE SINGLE REASON not to allow a 3rd person with HUD OUTSIDE OF COMBAT.

Eat shit. Everspace just blew you the fuck off.

>open video
>no HULLO
dropped

Do not reply to bait posts.

source is the forum accounts, which have a public age and rank

>someone says the truth
>it doesn't conform to my believes
>quick! I know! call it bait!

literally you

>You cannot tell me ONE SINGLE REASON not to allow a 3rd person with HUD OUTSIDE OF COMBAT.

To stop first person being redundant
Happens in every game with both options lol

>shitposting in a Veeky Forums general
For what purpose?

It makes no sense.

1st person is still relevant in combat.

Also, you just admitted 3rd person is superior.

>the truth is shitposting

I see no arguments senpai. You are the one shitposting.

>posting unrelated game
>"i-i'm not s-shitpost guys I s-swear"

>posting a space game in a space games thread is not related

Maybe you should read the OP, friend.

Everspace is related. It's in the pastebin. But he's a shitposter either way.

So, I love Freelancer, how close is this? Are there multiple systems and stuff? Every video I've seen of it has had the player in very similar looking asteroid belts.

Posting Actual soon to be Best Ship

>posting the truth with logical arguments is shitposting

k

Step aside, best ship coming through.

Thanks for the (You) fampai

You're not fooling anyone with your obvious ulterior motives, friend.

It's basically updated Feelancer. It just went from alpha to beta, so it is somewhat limited hence the similar videos you have seen.

It's made by the guys who did the best mobile space game Galaxy On Fire

Download the GOG version, it has been up for a couple of days.

>Also, you just admitted 3rd person is superior.

That was my entire point actually
You can see your ships damage state and anything close/around you, and usually have a wider fov
Hence it forces any game with both to use third person

It will be a nice change therefore to be using first person

>1st person is still relevant in combat.
>Also, you just admitted 3rd person is superior.

Its fine to admit that.

Being able to look around walls without peeking in a shooting game is broken beyond belief.

Correct.

Everspace is rogue lite. You go to an area, you mine, kill some enemies, potentially pirate, trade. After you're happy, you move onto the next area. Repeat until death. The beta I played was fun, though I don't know what difference there is between the beta and early access, aside from being shitty early access.

But again, this one faggot is a shitposter.

Whatever. DOesn't change the FACT that I made a good argument and no one has been able to respond.

The answer to my questions is: "Chris Roberts wants it so, there's no other logical reason" which is perfectly fine as long as you admit it to yourself and as long as CR is prepared to lose all the money from possible subs, because newsflash people want 3rd person.

Stop fighting, you're scaring your youngest brother, the Herald.

Clearly Drake ships best ships.

Applies to ED as well

Did not like the bucc at first but it is actually growing on me a lot..

it's the sexy engines

I wish it was a bit longer

We aren't here to argue, we're here to discuss. If you want people to discuss points here, don't come in starting your point by saying the general's two main games are "finished" if you want the posters to have a actual discussion with you. Desu I'm being sincere desu

desu senpai

We'll see how it turns out, hope the guy that did the herald works on it, even if it takes him longer because of the cutlass.

Seriously though, the entire drake Lineup is made to worktogether. None of the other ship companies do that, it's like a pre-fabricated fleet choice.

Nah, being a short, tiny target is handy. It'll make up for have S3 shields and probably being fragile as fuck
sketchfab.com/models/f221678fba1a4bfab8c73e79390da891

What are the best mods for Starsector?

So there's not an actual galaxy or anything? Doesn't sound much like Freelancer then.

Nice target profile? Check.
Good gun loadout? Check.
Cheap and replaceable? Check and check.

Whats not to love?

He's working on the Taurus, Pheonix, then F7C after the Cutlass. He might get to it then, or someone else will use the Drake assets to do it.

Pic related comes from the offical Drake advertising, of a Heroic Buccaneer taking down a rogue Hull transport, commonly captured and convereted by pirates into terrible slave transports! Truly, Drake offers ships that Heroes use.

Here's a still of a video I made. There are tons of galaxies. However, they only consist of these routes in pic related. You choose one route and travel until you get to the far right. Then you hop to another galaxy which gets more difficult.

I'm not 100% familiar with Freelancer, been too lazy to play it. But I don't think they're similar at all.

What work does the F7C need? Thought it was mostly the same as the other hornet model.

And I have to say I was originally an aegis fan but drake is looking better and better... still prefer the ursa to the dragonfly however..

Fucking forgot image.
>Pic related comes from the offical Drake advertising, of a Heroic Buccaneer taking down a rogue Hull transport, commonly captured and convereted by pirates into terrible slave transports! Truly, Drake offers ships that Heroes use.

Caterpillar's Control module without the rest of the caterpillar sale when? It's a mini camp the size of a Herald. I don't care if it doens't quantium, just carry it around as a caravan.

F7C is being updated slightly then being replaced in the pledge store with the updated model which has the same stats and price while the older model is renamed F7C 2944 and the new model F7C 2946. I can only assume by him "Doing the hornet" he must be doing both.

Ah, yeah, nope. Oh well, thanks for letting me know.