pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

fight club

When?

poise

>tfw I was making a thread with this exact image
Who paid you to stagger Bishop Havel?

>tfw ganking and killing more than 35 invaders in Crucifixion Woods with my lvl 200 password buddies
>tfw flat defenses don't scale down
>working as intended

FIGHT CLUB (FC)
PC
AT DEMON BRIDGE (the bridge where you fight the old stray demon at Farron Keep)
PASS IS dsg
Meta is not encouraged by any means, come join us!

>use my REO (which isn't cracked, if I may add)
Way to out yourself as a twink m8. No wonder you defend BloodBore;^)

Just go back to /v/ if you're going to argue like that

Who is the Jeb! Of Dark Souls?

So is this still "straight sword footsies: the game"?

Replace Straight with Curved, yes.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frames
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao

K, thanks

My favourite thing about this and the DaS 2 pasta is that they always add one more complaint every time it's posted

Not him, but.
It's about 50/50 PvP and PvE though.

What? Does the just desert not taste well?
Go fuck yourself, miyasucky.

No, now it's "hollowslayer is here to facefuck you with instant hyperarmor: the game"

>you will never interact with qt Gough ever again
>you will never hear his loud manly voice
>he will never help your sorry ass with a dragon again
>you will never see him blindly whittle carvings again
Also
>desert
lolfag

>Does the just desert not taste well?
Sand and camels aren't tasty.

You realise you can use another, less upgraded weapon, right? Or do you expect people to invade 10 times per character?

Why is coop cleric the most fun thing ever while invasions are stale as fuck?

Gough was too awesome. Fucker shot a dragon out of the sky while BLIND, and uses wrestling moves if you try to kill him.

Because you love being a cute submissive heal slut helping those hosts not die on their way to the boss

Damn I keep dying like a bitch

>Meta is not encouraged by any means
Yeah, sure. So how many players are using 2h halberds and greatswords?

Because the only way to make pve interesting is to handicap yourself and actually fucking healing a retarded host that doesn't know you can heal him is about the most challenging thing in the souls series.

im gay

>you can't buff elemental infused weapons
Why

Because your cleric likes "helping" big gruff warriors with her mouth

Because they were broken?
If you could buff them in 3, the meta would be deep carthus with dark blade/human pine resin vitgouge vs dark carthus with dark blade pyros

Because it's a completely retarded idea which made all caster builds into buff builds, severely limiting build variety.

>these are meta
what

>The only actual Artorias cosplayer I have ever seen (fighting left handed) is also not called Artorias
>The only people called Artorias are using meme gear

gough's voice makes me melt
>ahh, dragonslaying... knighthood's highest calling!

Halberds are most definetly meta. Greatswords, not so much, outside drakeblood and hollowslayer.
Dunno what they're using on the FC though

Who cares about PVP, the games is significantly unfun in PvE because of PVP cancer

There's a guy using Gotthard's and one guy one-handing a Black Knight Glaive, otherwise nothing special.

Does Moonlight count as meta?

Because of the retarded flat defence for elemental damage they reintroduced.

>cant shoot the dragon down yourself with a greatbow in order to initiate the fight

They'd be broken for PvE too. I know From can't balance and make magic fair or any weapon in 3 besides whips and scythes challenging to use, but it'd make carthus PvE rapefest even worse. Replace what I said there with chaos/fire and you'd have an even more broken PvE weapon

Are you complaining about CASTERS in pve of all things? Builds that facefuck the game even on ng+7? Giving them ability to buff infused weapon will break it even harder, just imagine 700 ar fire carthus curved killing bosses in one combo.

Well, they don't have custom left-hand movesets like they used to.

Plus it's only established in DaS2 that Artorias "might" have been a lefty, people only assume that from his fight in DaS1 because his left arm is mangled, but it's equally plausible that it was so corrupted because he didn't have his greatshield anymore.

>your opponent can reaction backstab you if you whiff the Wolf Knight WA R2
>sometimes they can just randomly roll out of it even when the hitstun is confirmed

aaaaaaaaaa

What I want to know is why infusions don't provide the buff animation. Its been 5 games now. The apologist who say "b-but I won't know if its infused or buffed in PvP :^)" need not reply.

i once saw an artorias cosplayer named ornstein fighting a FK WP guy named artorias

I mean, you can kill him without getting Gough's help, he even comments on it

Only DS2 established that Arty is a leftie and for all intends and purposes 95% of it is written out of canon.

because in PvP I won't know if its infused or buffed

Because then I'd be very sad to know my physical weapons look like shit.
It'd be hilarious to see everyone running around with ugly popsicle blessed offhands though.

IIRC, if you force them top roll with the jump, then they can't backstab you unless they get lucky and get that stupid bug that lets their roll phase through your model without making collision. It has to completely whiff to be reliably BSable.

The bugginess of the stagger hit is a real killer, though. Any weapon that works that way (eg has multiple small staggers leading up to a large final hit) can release your target from the attack if their poise resets during it. It just happens super often with the Wolf GS R2 because the jump stagger has really high poise damage.

REMINDER TO FOLLOW THE OFFICIAL /DSG/ FIGHT CLUB RULES AT ALL TIMES

VIOLATORS WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE EVENTS

------- OFFICIAL /DSG/ FIGHT CLUB RULES -------

Rules:
>Must bow before fighting
>No gesturing after fight
>No hardswapping
>No changing to fast weapon if opponent gets on low health
>No changing weapons for riposte
>No hornet ring
>No leo ring
>No bloodring
>No prisoner's chain
>No HP regen ring
>No obscuring ring
>No Greatshields
>No Dark Sword
>No Estoc
>No BKG
>No BKGA
>No Warden's blades
>No Gotthard
>No Carthus Curved Sword
>No Claymore
>No Sellsword Twinblades
>No Fallen Knight armor
>No Thorns armor
>No parry spam
>No dragon roar
>No spin combo
>No parrying with caestus
>No simple weapons
>No blessed weapons
>No lightning weapons
>No more than 1 buff
>No straight swords
>No Caestus
>No thrusting swords
>No crossbows
>No Pestilent Mercury
>No Tears of Denial
>No bleed resin
>No prism stones
>No white branches
>No throwing knifes
>No dung pies
>No bombs of any type
>No using ashen estus
>No blocking for more than 2 seconds
>No attacking just as your opponent walks into range
>No backing away from your opponent
>No unlocked combat
>No R1 spam
>No roll spam
>No running attacks
>No losing, everyone is a winner
>No trying to win
>No winning, only play for fun
>No fun

>The only actual Artorias cosplayer I have ever seen (fighting left handed) is also not called Artorias
to be fair, I only saw 1 left handed cosplay so far and that was Link at the event.

So I'm noticing bows are actually pretty good this time around, or at least they feel considerably better.

Which ones are worth using? I've gotten a ton of mileage out of longbows but I doubt that means they're the best. Meanwhile crossbows haven't done much for me but I think that has partially to do with their range being kind of shit.

The whole time I'm thinking "wow what a bunch of fucking losers, I can't believe these guys"
But then I got to the end, GG

They're not, you're being deceived.

They fucking did it with the PvE enemies in the game. Those Greirats in the Grand Archives running around with sweet looking heated weapons, and the slaves in Irithll running around with only slightly powered dark or magic weapons. They have the fucking tools and the ideas to do it, they just dont.

I agree with all of these rules.

Bows aren't that good, you'll feel very bad if someone pulls a shield. Composite is the best one because of the strong roll attack, remember dark arros have some tracking and that's about it.
Crossbows, however, are the best they've ever been.

>STR weapons in low level pvp
>greataxe guardbreaks in a single attack and is able to hyperarmor through any shitty spam you encounter while having close to 400 AR on +4
Noice.

>35 Attunement doesnt give you 1 more slot
The fuck thats where the hard cap is, at least give us a reason to reach it beyond MAYBE 1 more cast of a spell. I could use that extra attunement so bad.

How much faith does it take for blessed weapons to start doing any respectable amount of damage (as in at least comparable to or better than normal weapons)?

Side note, which weapons go well with faith builds. I heard someone say dragonslayer axe once but its faith scaling seems to be pretty bad even when made lightning.

This is not official, kek.

I'm pretty sure he was left-handed. The fight in DkS1, the lore of the sword in DkS2 and now in 3 the stance animation of the Wolf Knot GS is reversed, all other GS stances are on the other side.

Why is every Miyazaki photo perfect for reaction images?
How can such a smug look of his face even exist for us to post with?

>all of Lucatiel's shit
>Dragonrider Bow
>Pursuer's Greatshield
>Llewelyn set
>Drang weapons being paired and having special movesets, like power-stancing
>Vendrick's shield
>Alva and Zullie
>Giant Seed, one of the most popular PvP items in the fucking game
>Gilligan next to one of the most convenient bonfires in Irithyll Dungeon, teaching one of the gestures in the game

You're a fucking retard.

Bows are mediocre. Now crossbows are versatile as fuck tool both of pve and pvp, i'd say the best ranged tools in entire franchise, even better than non-bma firearms in bloodborne as crossbows don't need any stat investment to deal over 200 damage per shot.

at 60 faith and 18/16 str/dex a blessed Longsword has slightly less AR than a Raw ASS(wich is ~320)

RAW ASS is always handy , but I like using a lightning LKSS and a lightning RHH. The damage is lower than a raw buffed version but I like having the lightning damage always active.

In other words
>5 sets
>a few items, weapons and shields
>mention of a few npcs and gods
>sacrastic mention of Vendrick as an utter failure and fuckup of a king with his very name being forgotten
Yes, 5%.

You invader fags sound mad. Also I'm a herald named Helpful Herald.

Yes, you are cutie, now go back to tending to your ashen ones

Stop summoning me to the dancer with your SL21 ass. - From, me

Whats more important for a caster build? More Endurance to spam or some Vigor? I suppose having more Endurance gives you room to roll and survive, negating the need for hp, but I want to hear what you guys have to say.

No one needs help versus Vordt, go elsewhere
>tfw From nerfed him

QUESTION
Does 2 handing a shield provide the extra stability like it did in ds2?
ALSO WHY THE FUCK DID DS2 ADD THE BANEFUL BIRD RING ON TOP OF THAT MECHANIC

Rolls cost almost nothing in this game and to get even a second full cast with some spells you need 25+ end which is retarded. Go with vig.

Can anyone drop me Creighton's axe? Fucked up the sirris quest and can't get it now. I'm on ps4

>Summoning phantoms at Dancers door in NG+ and beyond, then lug them to Vordt

>sacrastic mention of Vendrick as an utter failure and fuckup of a king with his very name being forgotten
That's exactly how he was remembered in DaS2 as well.

I can understand hating on DaS2, but headcanon-ing it out of existence is a level of delusion that's just plain retarded. Hell, one could call out DaS3 for unoriginal storytelling by relying so heavily on DaS1 elements instead of trying its own story.

>Hell, one could call out DaS3 for unoriginal storytelling by relying so heavily on DaS1
That's called being a direct sequel.

Just trying to get some embers early on, mang

>Go back to DaS2 for a couple of duels.
>You get fights SIGNIFICANTLY faster than you do in DaS3.
Seiously? Why do they use that pure dogshit of a matchmaking netcode that they seem to carry from DeS?

Gosh you're cute

MGS2 is a direct sequel of MGS1 and yet isn't as blatant a fanservice game like DaS3 is to DaS1. It's like it is clinging on it to live.

I NEED (YOU) to help me test some stuff.
Information/Video will be sent to the wikidot or/and OP's link afterwards.

Platform: PC
Location: demon bridge, leave a red sign at the top of the staircase
pass: test

Tests:
- max number of items online that can be dropped online;
- lock on range (w/ and without hidden body);
- Obscuring ring range
- Suggest your own test

Reward for cooperative test subject: any ring/set/weapon(infused and upgraded)

It's a dedicated duel area versus a non dedicated one

>Fighting Oceiros as a pyro
Fuck his tiny fucking hitboxes and having to be in range of his dash to even hit him before my spells fizzle out

Don't bring the mgs series here
KOJIMA'S BEAUTIFUL MIND CANNOT BE COMPREHENDED

I always figured that the raw Astora straight sword would peter out and become less useful at late levels.

Sorry for the wait, there are too many signs today! Please, be patient!

Because DeS was the prequel to DaS1, and DaS1 was perfect in every way, so by association DeS was perfect in every way except it's name, since it failed to be called DaS1.

Anyone want to put down a sign at the Dragon Barracks bonfire? Armor is giving me brain problems.

I baked cookies.

That's the worst example you could possibly have chosen. MGS2 literally recreates MGS1 and that's part of the plot.

>MGS2 is a direct sequel of MGS1
And also a rare as fuck example not representing direct sequels as a whole.