Nurburgring: 2 dead, 3 injured

Reminder that the Ring kills 25 people a year on a good year. And the deaths aren't counted if they die of their injuries off grounds after a Nurburgring crash

autoforum.cz/zajimavosti/dalsi-tezka-nehoda-na-nordschleife-dva-lidi-jsou-mrtvi-tri-zraneni/
swr.de/landesschau-aktuell/rp/touristenfahrer-auf-dem-nuerburgring-verunglueckt-offenbar-tote-bei-unfall-auf-der-nordschleife/-/id=1682/did=17837202/nid=1682/irsr9j/index.html
blackflag.jalopnik.com/two-dead-three-injured-in-track-day-crash-at-nurburgri-1784257297

Other urls found in this thread:

blackflag.jalopnik.com/two-dead-three-injured-in-track-day-crash-at-nurburgri-1784257297
youtube.com/watch?v=3r6LX6-v-u8
motorauthority.com/news/1046488_lexus-lfa-wreck-leads-to-death-of-one-of-toyotas-top-drivers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A car crash at the Nürburgring this past weekend during an open track day left two dead and three others injured.

A red 1990s Honda Civic that had the fatal wreck, crashed into the scene of another accident that a safety crew was already attending to on the track. The incident occurred on the Kesselchen section of the track, reports Czech outlet Autoforum.cz. The track was wet, and thanks to the first crash, the area of the track was also marked with yellow warning flags.

Before all the assholes start flooding this thread with "FF BTFO," I'd like to say that this is awful and anytime an enthusiast dies trying to enjoy their car is a tragedy.

burgers don't kill people
vtec kills people

Yeah, that's a shame.

Who cares though? not to be EDGY but it's a risk you take when you decide to go to a racetrack, letalone one nicknamed "green hell"

Even bigger risk if you're a passenger, you're putting your life in the hands of someone else.

Literally not a problem
>waaaah my hobby has a death toll

/k/ here you're all queers.

That isn't an EK

Goddamn it Shingo

FWD BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
THIS IS WHY YOU LEAVE THE RACING TO THE REAL CARS

>blackflag.jalopnik.com/two-dead-three-injured-in-track-day-crash-at-nurburgri-1784257297
indeed.
as soon as i read the words, honda civic...

probably just some ricer kid

>race in a shitbox not designed to be raced in
>Die in said shitbox

They both deserved it. He deserved it for not bringing another helmet for his woman to wear in case something happens. Double deserved if for not giving the only helmet to her. She deserved it for being stupid enough to go racing on one of the worlds more dangerous tracks without safety equipment knowing full well that her bf drives a shitbox and is NOT a professional racer.

No sympathy.

>Blame the safety-minded guy for the incapable girl not wearing a helmet.

She wasn't a toddler. Farewell, feminist.

source for the 25 a year?

>>race in a shitbox not designed to be raced in

This must be a pathetic shitpost.
Racing non-race cars is one of the best fun you can have.

>Falling for the civic meme

Yeah the high risk of death makes it exhillerating.

F1 drivers must be yawning at 200 mph.

>F1 drivers must be yawning at 200 mph.
They are. F1 drivers use the straight bits of track to dick around with settings on their steering wheel and shout at their race engineers while they don't have to do that braking and steering shit

>Reminder that the Ring kills 25 people a year on a good year.

Wer hat dir denn den Scheiß erzählt, du Lappen?

FF cucks BTFO

[COOL VIBRATIONS]

I WANNA DANCE

>he didn't get a tesla

a tesla can't do a full lap so this is the safest car indeed

It actually can, Tesla just needs to fix the overheating problems which limit power.

is that alot, or are there less fatalities per motorists on that track per year than lets say the autobahn?

u can ride there without a track license right, why do they allow that.

I live in a sheltered state, so I can't comprehend how people are allowed to kill themselves like that.

where the bodies being pulled out in this picture? ;_;

get gud, faggot

GO GO GO

OP was lying, there are about 1-2 death a year actually

Deaths on the Nürburgring are very, very rare. Also, racing is forbidden during tourist drives. People drive fast, people drive like idiots, but serious accidents are rare. Nobody kills himself there.
>Green hell
Nothing but hurrdurr.

so literally safer than public roads in most countries

His girlfriend would not have died had she been in a superior FR car.

youtube.com/watch?v=3r6LX6-v-u8

so? they knew the risks.

I found the in-car footage the moment of the accident:

Are honda drivers even aware of how much of a laughing stock they are?

A helmet wouldn't have saved her from massive internal bleeding from all of her organs being tossed sideways. She'd just be dead with a slightly more intact brain

this is fucking terrible. i'm pretty sure i was parked next to this guy at the entrance. even made a joke about it being the only car i have a chance against on the track, but only if it's an EG3 (it wasn't)

>waaah this guy's GF should have been wearing helmet

the helmet wouldn't have helped. the car hit the passenger side into a stopped track marshall minivan at high speed. i'd still recommend wearing a helmet on the track OFC especially after my friend's white civic championship rollover crash (see on bridge to gantry) where they pretty much owed their lives to their helmets.

>waah they should have had harnesses/full rollcage

no, this is touristenfahrten, not the 24 hours of le mans. race prepped cars aren't even allowed. it's not a race, rules of the road still apply and racing safety equipment is not required

this was just bad luck. the accident took place on a high speed section of the track where you pretty much go all out, but is known to be very slippery in the rain. the marshall's car was stopped after a blind corner, in a section of the track where there's a lot of room between warning lights too, so the civic might have passed the first warning light without it being on. i will also add that nobody tells you about the yellow light warning system when you buy laps. everyone knows what it means when you pass a marshall wearing a bright vest frantically waving a yellow flag, but you might not know what a yellow light on the side of the track means (i didn't after completing 5 laps as driver and more as passenger). you just pay 30 euros for your lap and they let you go on your merry way and you have to figure shit out for yourself and find the track rules online (which most people who don't speak english or german can't even find in their language anyway)

so there could definately be some improvement there, i dunno, print some flyers that you give away to first timers and make them watch a quick instructional video or something...

Was his girlfriend hot? This is important.

no idea, i only remember the car (if it even was this one, but i believe so)

well was the guy you talked to french?

i didn't talk to the guy, i was talking to my friends. sorry if that wasnt clear. i believe the car had french plates yeah. trying to find pics on racetracker to confirm it was this one

>not wanting a pretty corpse.

The Ring Hungers

Krauts are hopelessly suicidal

>Red eg hatch
Goodnight sweet prince .

I truly despise that track on Forza. Disgustingly narrow.

poor girl had to deal with this dudes shit. doe not look like she's having any fun.

>that spring
wtf man, is there a ton of shit in the trunk of that E30 or is it just a crappy soft lowering spring?

>that image
>I drive a red EG hatch

Shit is scary m8.

Deserves it for not having a rollcage

New cars sure are a lot safer. A 90's Civic is a tin can compared to, say, a 2016 Astra.

I'd say she was average.

>FWD

I bet that Civic handled way better than Toyota LFa which killed it's own test driver
motorauthority.com/news/1046488_lexus-lfa-wreck-leads-to-death-of-one-of-toyotas-top-drivers

Chock it up to Europeans inability to drive on a track. There's 100x as many amateur track days in the US than there is in Europe and deaths are almost nonexistent. Meanwhile dozens of people die in Europe on a single track. I guess when you've never experienced any freedom when you get a taste of it it's too much to handle.

>freedom
>fat
>get shot
>diabetes
It's a really popular track too, people go from around the world

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

In other words, if your "sport" doesn't have a not-insignificant chance of dying built in, then it doesn't deserve to be called a sport.

RIP in peace, civicbros. May you race more suitable cars in heaven.

...crash occurred on a tourist farting day?

oh look another cunt that died because "hurr yellow flags are for pussies"

>covering the regional flag with a japanese flag
deserved it

also came from a shithole

What about lifting? You could easily kill yourself if those 4pl8s fall on your neck.

>covering the regional flag with a japanese flag

talking shit without making research

Bring back gladiators.

wtf i hate burgerking now

was it turboed/supercharged or normal civic?

The fuck are thsoe links with chinese speak? kill yourself

RIP in piece civic bro. The Nurdurrrrring is one of my favourite tracks, but it is dangerous, and it should remain so.
Any enthusiast killed by their hobby is sad.

>enthusiast
>bringing a fucking womyn
oh wow

So a woman can't be an enthusiast or be interested in cars enough that she want's to come join you?

>enthusiast womyn
>doesnt wear a fucking helmet
they deserved it, I would run over them If I was there with my miata

Mate, it was the fucking tourist drive, rules of the road still apply and you don't require safety gear.
Also the helmet would have done jack shit they crashed into the passenger side.

still he deserved it for bringing a womyn. Im just glad it happened

>Miata owner doesn't want to take a qt racing
Why am I not suprised

>no shooting sports/marksmanship

The vtec kicked in, yo

most killer locations

>edgey edgester

what actually happened:

"hey bby you're gonna wear my helmet for the lap since i only have one"
"no thx"
"yeah, seriously, just take it"
"no, i don't want to mess up my hair"
"fine... i'll wear it then and i'm just gonna look like an ass who doesnt care about his GF's safety"

i've seen that exact thing happen last weekend to the only 2 people that had the bright idea to bring their GFs with us.

don't bring your GF to the nur. she's gonna spend her time being bored or annoying you because she wants to piss and the toilets at brünnchen and pflanzgarten are straight out of a horror/scat movie. also she'll make you spend 100 bucks on a shitty hotel while your friends are having the time of their life at the 10 euro campground.

>normies getting killed

who cares lyl

Shooting sports are incredibly safe.

SAVE DA CHILLUNS BAN ASSAULT RACE TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>miata
>a fucking miata
AHAHAHA LOL

Even BMW race drivers are assholes

not the american version of the sport

>New cars sure are a lot safer.
Except when they're not.

Good riddance
>with a gril on burgerking
Good mother fucking riddance

>implying your 30 year old saab is safer than a new Honda
tip top kek

That envy!
So salty!

aspergers alert

It's a car you can drive off a cliff and walk away. So yeah.

I was planing a trip to Germany to lap the ring a few times..
Might shift plans and head to Costa Rica to play with the turtles instead.

and get kidnapped or killed or both by gangs?

You cant win user. The world if full of risks.

You sabb fanboys literally suffer from delusions

You left out hockey

>flying around with sharp blades on your feet that have slit people's throats and shooting vulcanized rubber at each other at 100mph

>that filename
there weren't any tyte r civics until 1997

Man I wonder if Civic drivers will finally be woke?

>doesn't count if they die off circuit later
Oh god I can just imagine a team of midgets in a bulldozer they hire to fling failed ricer wrecks containing bodies off the track before anyone noticies

>civic
>not suitable
b8

are you new

I'm 16