/domg/ - Dominions General

Retro Meme Edition

Previous Pokeman Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MythologicalMiscegnation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I posted this as shitty bait last thread, but why would you transform your pretender? What situations make that useful?

>tfw took me until turn 20 to realize I could simply send an assassin to cap waterplane provinces instead of fighting 3 wyrms

Man I feel dumb.

If you have an immobile, he might be more useful if he can move.

Because this shitty game doesn't have a spell to make my Tree grow legs to go over there and whack you.

Okay Atlantis you better move your troops because 124 is in my cap circle.

I'm an idiot

It actually did not occur to me that you could use it to make immobiles move

I said REMOVE ATLANTIS. I warned you about stairs, bro. UWBOWL HYPE!

Just buy Item Pack 2 DLC. Copper Legs are very useful.

>second pair of boots can be equipped
Not their best idea.

I hope hes not a retard and realizes that ghost removal is a worthy cause and hes making more enemies and his only "ally" will be a nerd with 12 ghosts and his cap province 12 turns in

Keep in mind your Immobile has to not be lifeless. Lifeless can not transform

If ASSDOD stales again he's going AI.

I head you were talking shit, like I wouldn't find out.

I'm not even sure why people associate the blood plane with blood nations. 95% of blood sites that spawn in there are Arenas and the provinces have such high population that they're incredibly inefficient to bloodhunt.

I still want to be able to give my mounted mages boots.

>and the provinces have such high population that they're incredibly inefficient to bloodhunt.

Just jumping in here to ask, isn't high population GREAT for bloodhunting?

You don't get any extra blood slaves over 7000 pop and you lose a proportional amount of gold based on the unrest you cause, even if you patrol it down that turn. A blood slave costs more gold at 20,000 than it does at 7000.

Do any items grant awe? I tried checking the inspector but I couldn't find a way to search for effects

You can find most of the tags by looking in the mod manual or just looking up examples.

Which pretender wud u main in a fighting game?

Monolith.

Monolith, desu. Or blood fountain.

Lord of the Forest with S1

Whoever plays like Suwako in Hisoutensoku or Arakune from Blazblue
Who would be the Dan Hibiki of Dominions?

>suwako in soku
name yourself, also wouldn't golden antler hero of marverni be like that?

The knees are the weakpoint obviously

Forester, obviously.

Annunaki of Love and War, maybe. One of the slut waifu characters.

>Who would be the Dan Hibiki of Dominions?

LA Pythium.

Amuys

I extended this turn 24 hours for whoever needed it.

Can I have 2 more hours in Kingofbullies?
Time schedule and so and so. Dont to stale if i oversleep.

Does shademail haubergon add stealth or only improve it

It's the only item besides amulet of the doppelganger that adds stealth to a non-stealthy unit.

Done

>Hisoutensoku
>not maining Patchouli
dumb frogposter

>not maining yuyu
if your gonna tier whore, just tier whore right

Arco and Lemuria a shit
Yomi's where it's at

>maining as ulm

Don't Die.

Where's the DG R'lyeh edit?

I would play on this image

Post your dominions waifu.

What's the requirements to use a unit as an assassin? Just stealth?

I didn't know /domg/ was irish.

user casts Ritual of Rebirth.

An assassin needs both stealth and the assassin trait.

You can also use seduction as a ghetto assassination, because a failed seduction attempt sometimes results in an assassination attempt.

Ded thred.

Game: MAdden_2016_Hexxy_Edition
>Vanheim Waiting for 2h file

Game: TheBiggestFattestMeme
>Atlantis Waiting for 2h file
>Pelagia Waiting for 2h file

Fine, fuck diplo right? Atlantis are just dumm frogs and need to be gassed anyways

Is Asspoodle actually an amazing disciple? Without their popkill Dom don't they become Pan but with death magic?

Don't forget the reanimating unique summons

Pan with 15k pop in their cap instead of 30k, Pan without 3000 crazy sluts, Pan without blood, and Pan without EQ spammers. So yea its totally the same as pan, if by pan you mean centaurs that are good with a W bless

Yes, but you still want them to have at least W9 for those black centaurs. Magic scales would be fantastic on them as well, owing to their lack of good lab rats.

They lack the best unit, the Reveler (which reduces the value of nature buffs). Nature isn't a good crosspath for death and Panic Apostates are very price-y for D2s (compare Panic Apostates to a mage like Marshmaster, they're strictly inferior their durability aside). I think Earth is a generally more desirable path than Death (especially if you have troops that synergize well with buffs) and Pangaea also has a degree of blood access for endgame. Asphodel doesn't have seducer-assassins

Asphodel disciple is fine, arguably better than Asphodel with popkill and freespawn (since you can still reanimate lots of freespawn carrion with priests), but I'd say it's a good bit weaker than MA Pangaea (unless you want death access for your team or something).

Don't forget they also miss out on Dryad Seducers/ass-ass-ins and (for whatever its worth) the "song-spells"

They do gain skelespammers, holy 3 priest summons and reanimators with national divine undead buffs.

My island bats, like hell I'm gonna give a blood nation a 10K pop island

Dedest.

To keep the thread alive, a question regarding LA Ulm. How many of their S2s in communion do you need for a master enslave communion?

Just let it die, this game is shit anyways.

With an S2 Master:
64 Slaves with no booster
32 Slaves with one booster (Skullcap)
16 Slaves with two boosters (Coin)
8 Slaves with two boosters + Light of the Northern Star
4 Slaves with two boosters + Light of the Northern Star/Banner of the Northen Star + Power of the Spheres/Crystal Shield
2 Slaves with three boosters (Cap, Coin, Ring) + Light of the Northern Star/Banner of the Northern Star + Power of the Spheres/Crystal Shield
Out of the box with with four boosters (Cap, Coin, Ring, artifact) + Light of the Northern Star/Banner of the Northen Star + Power of the Spheres/Crystal Shield

Shilling this

Imagine that extra magic levels reduce the number of gems required to cast spells, rather than reducing fatigue.

A spell which costs no gems to cast has the usual fatigue reduction.

What spells are really good now?

To keep the thread alive here's some creativity exercises.

How would you make a game based on the Dominions universe for the following genres:
-Horror
-First Person game
-Action Third Person game
-MMO

>horror
It's a survival game where you're a peasant trying to survive in the middle of the war, trying not to get eaten by jews and hiding from all the horrifying globals.

>Horror
Caves of Xibalba. Shitty indie walking simulator game with a ton of jump scares.

>First Person.
A world where Ermor/Lemuria wins. All cancerous globals are in place, and you are the last living priest of your pretender who must carry the flame of your faith in dark times. Something like Dark Souls gameplay would suit perfectly, but in first person for more immersion.

>Action Third Person
Pretender Onslaught Ultra X, an arcade/fighting game with a shitton of available pretenders. Seruously, Blood Fountain's zoning is fucking unbearable, and Kraken's normals should deal 20% at most. Illfraaaaaaaauud!

>MMO
Taint and Trade. Basically, Illwinter's first idea of CoE. You're a trader who travels the world buying and selling shit, encountering monsters and other characters. Tactical battles, persistent world, PvP, PvE, and global events like Horror attacks.

Best unit to make an assassin that is not one to start with

>Action Third Person
It's like Dynasty Warriors but you play as Forester Bob cutting down hordes of sacreds.

What nation? Vanjarls worked for me.

Eater of the Dead.
The Black Heart still works if stealth is given to the unit by items, right?

I'd play the fuck out of that.

>-Horror
Try to survive as a regular peasant in LA Ulm while LA R'lyeh is invading them.

>-First Person game
Basically just Dark Messiah, except in the Dominions world.

>-Action Third Person game
Dork Souls, set in MA Ermor.

>-MMO
The life of Bogus. Everyone is an indie adventurer and messes with pretenders by freeing their slaves and raiding their provinces. When you level up enough the pretenders start to notice your bullshit and start sending armies, thugs and SCs after you.

>A world where Ermor/Lemuria wins. All cancerous globals are in place, and you are the last living priest of your pretender who must carry the flame of your faith in dark times. Something like Dark Souls gameplay would suit perfectly, but in first person for more immersion.

Your pretender had F9N9 bless and you have recuperation, so you're among the only ones who can regenerate his wounds and old age while fighting off ethereal undead. Ending consists of your waifu/best friend using her/his lifeforce to overcast Purgatory and replace Utterdark. Sequel deals with awakening of blood magic.

I'm throwing money into the screen already.

>tfw Carmack will never remake Quake the way it was meant to be

>Ending consists of your waifu/best friend using her/his lifeforce to overcast Purgatory and replace Utterdark

>"Why is there so many fire gems here?"
>"Legends say that this vault belonged to an ancient god named Okofire. He didn't know how to craft lightless lanterns and died in the second year of the Ascension Wars."

>horror
You are a researcher in a magical lab. Your mission is to forge a magic item for your god. You have to find all the ingredients first. The only help you get magical lamp and friendly imp companion.

>First person
Call of Duty: Forester Warfare - You are a lone Forester caught behind enemy lines in the middle of an ascension war. QTE ambidextrous dagger executions.

>Third person action
Blood Hunt simulator. Chase around peasant girls a geriatric old wizard.

What's the size of your Pepe folder?

MythologicalMiscegnation, a small-ish LA game, is still recruiting. 4 out of 6 slots have been filled.

Also I just realized I forgot to draw Abysiaball's tears. Or steam puffs, since tears would just evaporate instantly. Oh well, it still works.

You have 5 seconds to name a single reason why you're not playing sneks in spess right now.

snek a shit

Say it to my fleet and not online, and see what happens, fgt.

What game?

Because the game is unfinished and unpolished, has a crappy UI, and doesn't do anything especially good or even interesting to make up for it.

Maybe if it get finished properly it'll be worth playing.

Stars in Shadow.

It's still better than Stellaris.

I dunno about that. Stellaris at least had a few interesting ideas, even if the game itself ended up being boring as shit.

SiS doesn't really have any ideas of its own. It's just copying parts better games and doesn't even have the decency to do it well. It might still end up a good game eventually, but right now it doesn't have anything to make up for the fact that it's extremely bland and awkward.

We're full.

Alright, time to play badminton.

>The Free Market
Fuck off, Cirno.

Do gate cleaver effects stack on commanders with 4 arms?

You can keep it :3

Still looking for a Sub for Ermor in Antiquis Terra, and Sauro in Dur_Gotter.

Cancerous globals when? It's turn 37 already, R'lyeh and Lemuria what the fuck are you doing?