/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread >Official news
Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel/Update12 announced (October):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

I'm only lvl 8.

I don't understand how stam builds work. Do they just focus on weapon skills or do class skills morf into stamina use instead of magic?

Second for Nords are shit

3rd for shitters doing gold pledges

4th for dont ever pug again

some class skills morph into stamina
stam builds are mainly weapon skills though, considering rapid, rending and whirlwind are the best at the things they do.

im following deltia gamings stamina leveling guide for stam templar and im spamming class skill like blazing spear and im constantly running out of magicka due to spending all my atrribute points on stamina. what the fuck?.

> It's a "I didn't want to play ESO today anyway" pledge

you're using a magicka ability for damage when you're going for stamina build you dimwit

thats why i was questioning the build. did i get memed. i just hit 33 and i see all these people reking bunches of mob while i whack away with my axe

Isn't it supposed to give you an optin to morph into stam??

Yeah when it's ready to morph

Bump

stamplars use biting jabs
its literally the first skill of aedric spear but morphed

>finally give up
>respec all my characters to stamina except templar
>give them all the most cancerous builds I could
>I'm actually doing very good in PvP now

fuck it, cancer it is. I'm tired of going against the grain anyway

>Blue pop on campaign marked as low
>Fuckers do not stop popping back up to retake IC districts
Just fucking DIE
I've gotten 20k AP in the last 2 hours ripping and tearing hordes of these cunts

that's not a very nice way to talk about your betters

Excuse me niggerfall cuck? I'm Aldmeri Dominion Master Race, my sword has a fucking eagle on it

doesn't make up for the fact that you're a furry enabling degenerate

I play Imperial

In a faction full of furries and waifufags

I'm surprised people don't spam their characters in this thread.

So how long should I go with vanilla before I resub again for the DLCs?

nobody gives a shit about your character

Until you can run any vet dungeon without a problem.

B-by myself?

When I go to Cyrodill at level 45 I don't do any damage, and get nearly 1 shot. Is it my gear even though it's scaled up?

Post argonians

yes. in blue gear only. and you can't use potions

it's you being shit it's your gear

make me, bitch

you got some daedra jizz on your face there

Hey man the difference between stamina and magicka is just in your head :^)

> Not being a devoted follower of Sanguine
wew lad

>get ESO Plus™ for access to DLC
>figure I'll cancel my sub once I've done all the things I wanted because I don't really want to pay a monthly sub
>realize I'll lose access to my crafting bag
>tfw thinking of all the fucking mats I started hoarding with reckless abandon
so this is how they get you

So far I've done Dark Brotherhood. If I end my sub and lose access to DLC, what exactly do I lose access to anyway? Can I no longer enter the sanctuary and accept quests? Can I still access the DB guild skills? Will I still be able to wear the costumes?

You will not be able to go to DLC zones and will lose access to everything within those zones, but that's all. You keep all the stuff you've acquired so far.

Also, everything in your crafting bag will stay in your crafting bag if you cancel. You will simply not be able to put anything more in it.

Can you use stuff in your crafting bag even if you don't have a sub running?

Oh good. Both of those are good news. I sort of grinded DB to rank 8 in two days because I really really wanted that robe. As for the crafting bag, I was worried it'd dump all of its contents into my bank and inventory. Will have to see about rearranging and prioritizing crafting professions to save space anyway.

you can use it all the same as before, just can't put anything more in it

>did some activities yesterday with the NA guild for PC
>guided me through stuff I didn't know about
>they were totally cool guys even when we did Imperial City content cross-faction

Thanks for making /tesog/ a better place.

DED
EDE
DED

Not gonna lie, the crafting bag was made me resub again. It's sort of a win-win anyway since it's cheaper than buying DLC.

>play magdk
>keep hearing how it's crap
>struggle with it myself
>get stam gear together
>respec to stamina
>people melt in front of my eyes while doing barely any damage to me

so what's your excuse for still playing magicka?

As an argonian how should I go daggerfall or dominion?

as an argonian you should fuck off back to EP

something with less elves because they are the real enemy

Leave Wrobel, and fix magicka so I don't have your call upon Dagon asking for change

Altmer or breton for a magicka sorcerer? I plan on doing both PVE and PVP.

Stick to pve if you plan on not visiting sheogorath. Altmer is best, do Selene proud.

for PvP, I'd say Breton is better, simply for the additional cost reduction and spell resistance. strictly for PvE, Altmer

be prepared for the severe anal penetration that magicka experience in PvP tho

>Aldmeri Dominion Master Race

Wanted that sweet stamina sustain, but didn't want to play a dindu. This looks kind of like an egyptian, right?

Yes, bretty good. Brit-tay, brit-tay good.
A shame the only decent Arab face is all angular

He looks egyptian. I am reserving my redguard character slot for an african tribesmen kind of look with primeval armor and such.

I heard a rumor that were getting a druid class next year with the vvardenfell expansion, anyone have any sources or links of this?

Why not make a black argonian named "Weewuz"? You're making the same joke while also being consistent with lore.

Been asked a lot and it's pretty much guaranteed to not happen in the near future.

>joke

But I geniunely want to have a african warrior with tribesmen look, also I created an argonian for my DK tank idea then dropped it 30 minutes later because of the tail.

Wrobel is such a fucking piece of shit I can't even believe

>day 1 pts
>knight erraint / tremorscale / sword singer (or what ever the set that give you +physical damage)
>swap to bow lay down ult for a nice 20k+ pvp dmg dot
>sheield bash gap close before they can dodge/block bow ult
>do one rotation of light attack > pierce armour > bash
>they are now dead because you do like 30k+ pvp damage in what is suppose be a defensive weapon combo
>not to forget you can also just hold block and heal to full if shit get to much like you can now
Seriously just wait for next patch, it going to destroy everything, pve and pvp is going to completely different in terms of sets, like you should watch vMA and trial leaderboards, the scores of them will double I can almost guarantee it.

Sounds like a good day for Eric "Many disasters are coming for casters" Wrobel

when are we getting more stamina morphs

When the balance shifts and destro staff isn't garbage as a weapon line

Literally never. Class skills are designed never to be used.

Source?

>tfw no stamina scaling stonefist, talons or petrify or molten weapons or flame grip

>tfw no magicka scaling vigor, dawnbreaker, poison injection or steel tornado

I suspect the system is balanced to give more flexibility to magicka to offset the inherit bonus to mobility that stamina enjoys.

>I suspect the system is balanced
you suspect wrong

>resto staff skills
>srsly nigger?
>flamestaff abilities :^)

Can't use stam to run with a stam build, that gets you dead.

yes, indeed. I wish they made stamina morphs of all abilities, so magicka will finally die out completely and we can fully enjoy the stamina cancer

Why are you magickunts such bitches? I'm going to enjoy slamming you come next patch
Training a stamsorc as we speak

>implying I'm part of that dying breed
I guess you forgot about how we used to whine all the damn time. Better to forget about our disgraceful past since we're on the rise and all that.

Maybe you did, I rolled stamina back then because it looked cool

>It wasn't me
Holy shit you must be a pvper with that attitude

>he doesn't have stam and mag builds for every class

I don't blame you. I blame wrobel and his crazy shenanigans.

>Why are you magickunts such bitches?
jokes on you, because I main stamina. I just also happen to enjoy magicka and it pisses me off that magicka is so shit while stamina is easymode

>stamsorc
I wish it was more fun to play.

Makes me sad to see all the fun abilities go to waste

fuck you stamniggers
I will main magblade in PvP until the day the pendulum swings back, or the day I fucking die
and will continue to bomb your asses until then

>didn't want to play a dindu

Just stay away from nords.

At least storm sorc's can make good use of the lightning tree

It's not as if people are adults or anything. I've never played a DK yet that doesn't mean I can't agree that magDK are in a shitty position.

Why the fuck would you "main" a resource pool to begin with.

Unless you're a stam sorc, then you can just dark deal back. Fun facts, dark deal and it's variation are getting buffed by having the casting shortened.

Eric "Only a fag levels Mag" Wrobel

Pic related are the style used by the gear from Ruins of Mazzatun. I suppose you'll be able to find the motif in a future update.

nothing will ever top barbaric medium armour

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. I've tried every class since release so I'm not an adult?

Guess I just like variety.

>Why wouldn't you main a playstyle you enjoy

Wow

Nah I simply quoted the wrong person.

We're not all autistic.

Scratch what I said, all stamina-variation plays similarly enough that it actual does make sense to say you main stamina.

So is this game really dying or what? I've been browsing the official forums lately to see what the game is like and see a lot of negativity on there. Is it just the usual naysayers that every game has or is this game really in bad spot right now? If yes, that's pretty unfortunate, this game seems cool.

It's not so much the entire game, it's just that there's a 'class' imbalance currently and it's bad enough that forum shites are now getting vocal about it. Also Veeky Forums isn't probably a good metric since this thread is mostly dead half the time.

Good Ol' Eric "Caster Class must suck Ass" Wrobel

I'm making an imperial dk should I build mag or stam? I just want a good tank for pve and pvp if possible

>it's just that there's a class imbalance currently

Fuck you, mages
Yeah, I said it
You were fucking OP since launch
Like stamina wasn't even viable in pve OP
And now that the tables are turned they're boohooing

It's actually the opposite, I think numbers are the highest since launch.

The game, however, had a fantastically bad launch and that turned a lot of people into keyboard warriors.

Definitely stamina
Don't try to be a memelord and roll with racial passives for the builds you want to use, they contribute greatly