/fhg/ - For Honor General

For Honor General # 3

8 Hours Edition

>For Honor Webpage
>forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/home/index.aspx

>For Honor Alpha Forum
>forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1326-Closed-Alpha-Forum

For Honor
>Upcoming action hack and slash game For Honor, which is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and will be releasd for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on 14th February, 2017.
Final general before dead silence until release.

Daily reminder.

>Previous Thread:

Post your Crusader Webms!

so i guess you gotta just bite the pillow and take it in whenever you get put against an orochi? you literally cannot do a thing against it's deflect, i'm 100% certain that i set my parries perfect against it but i still taste steel

This game, in my opinion (which is obviously worth a lot), suffers from a similar problem as Chivalry.

The game's 1v1 is spectacular and a lot of fun. However, doing duels all day just isn't that satisfying to me. I want an objective past "Kill your enemy"

However, the 4v4 is a fucking clusterfuck, and it's literally all about gangbanging on points. Either you're out numbered and you lose, you outnumber them and you win, or its even and its some kind of weird group of team hitting and nonsense.

I want a mode that emphasizes 1v1, while also having an objective past "Kill the enemy"

You cannot parry their follow up attack after the deflect. You just have to eat it, You can cancel their HEAVY follow up by doing a light attack.

A cool game mode would be a 1v1 general mode where you command your troops to take points, and push different areas of the map. Fighting alongside your men and killing the other guy would give them a morale boost.

What do you guys use to record your matches? Fraps? Shadowplay?

Shadowplay! It's MUCH better.

How do you actually get shadowplay to work? I have a 970, and I have the GeForce Experience, but I don't really get how to get it to actually start recording.

That actually sounds fun as fuck. Almost like a tug of war type deal.

Open up your game, Tap ALT + Z and a Nvidia window will pop up. Mess around with that.

If it doesn't come up, make sure "Share" is enabled in GeForce Experience.

throwing off the cliff is so gay, it's like you don't even want to play the game

The only thing about Orochi that really pisses me off is the fucking instant deflect attack. It's fucking bullshit

Sorry, was in-game hard to explain.
Enable "Share" In Nvidia Experience, then tap:
>Alt + Z
A HUD will appear. click Instant replay, customize your settings. Then Settings - Keyboard shortcut and apply keybinding to "Save last X Minute of recording".
Then enable Instant Replay and play the game! Tap your keybinding whenever you have footage that you deem awesome.

What are you talking about? It's all skills baby!

>opponents using top attacks against a Warden

I wonder how skilled the average person will be at the end of this game's life cycle.

Has anyone opened the game and had their computer just fucking slow down to a crawl?

Played all day yesterday and open it today and my computer can barely load it, seems like its just this 1 game too.

Is there a repair function somewhere for ubi games?

>join duel lobby
>load in and notice the enemy is an orochi
>leave

same desu

Who does the most damage per hit? What I mean is, whos the strongest character if you can get their hits to hit?

total scrub here, how do I counter guard break spamming as a warden and conqueror ? I try to light attack or sidestep/backdash and still get hit by this shit

Probably the Raider.

attacking is dangerous

Thanks, Ill try em out. Was playing Orochi but you can see the nerf coming.

I figured out my problem.

For Honor WILL NOT let me go into fullscreen, just windowed or borderless.

I had to put shadowplay on record desktop in order to get it to work. Thanks guys, gonna record some of my shitty conqueror gameplay.

By pressing the guard break button.

Not to worry, people are getting better and better.
>Once people learn how to feint properly shit will get intense as fuck.

Somewhat, at certain points the game slows down drastically due to high CPU Usage.

Got a i7 2600k @ 4,0 ghz and cpu usage goes to 100 when I boot up for honor. (For honor uses anything from 50% to 70% usage.

But my 'overload' issue lies with Shadowplay recording. Not the game using too much power.

Pathetic, both of you. Kensei Unblockable. Overheads are the strongest attacks in-game. Kensei has Heavy unblockable finisher.

Cancel the guard crush by doing it at the same time, or light attack them. Your attacks cannot be grabbed. (Unless he has host advantage and you attack the moment he grabs)

i still find people who have clearly been playing for a while that spam heavy attacks even with no stamina, it's hilarious

either raider or kensei

by guard breaking too, light attacks also take priority over guard breaks

nice

We need more flail executions.

so who here will be back in february

I'll be there to fuck shit up with my Conqueror. Or try the Halberd knight, he might be cool.

Halberds, Flails and Morning stars are the best weapons.

Pretty much every crusader who posts here will be back! We all have a duty which must be fulfilled.

Looking forward to play Lawbringer and PeaceKeeper.

Only if I can fix my NAT problem

agreed, though i do love this execution, i just hope any newer ones if there will be any more are as cool as it

arleady pre-ordered, and i'll be crying all the way up until that day comes

How is the game currently senpai? Should I be hyped?

I get the feeling that berserker is agonizingly unfun to play against because a lot of people leave after the first set

its pretty good, I love it.
hits feel satisfying, plays smooth, with the occasional disconnect, but you know Alpha

His guardbreaks are very annoying, yes.

>camp ledge
>why are people leaving XD

me personally, i leave because i just prefer to fight new people all the time. if i lose horribly i'll always keep going

in duels do you execute if given the option, I usually dont except if they do it to me or if its an orochi

Always execute, I'd be offended if I lost and the opponent didn't execute.

it's become a bit of a habit for me to do, i even stupidly do it in a 1v2+ in dominion

Seldom do I even use heavies to finish off my opponent so I never get the chance. Warden's light-light combo is just too good.

>people leave after the first set
With that cancerous playstyle of yours, yes. I would understand why. Waiting for them to attack whilst camping on the edge for 1 hit KO.

Berserkers are somewhat annoying with their guard crush, but they can be canceled out like any other guard crush so it isn't hard. Just that For Honor if filled with too many noobs at the moment that doesn't understand how to play properly.

Execute whenever i can because I have both 1000 steel and 1500 steel one.

>Lose with deus vult
>picks orochi
Non nobis domine, heretic.

I know it's very late but I would succ dicc for a PS4 or PC code.
I don't care if I just get to play it for an hour, I have to try it out myself or I will go mad.

I doubt anyone will have codes left, but good luck.

post em

Yeah I know but I might as well try.

>When you beat someone way better than you because they go full retard

how 2 get invite?

succ

>it's a your entire team stands on one point the entire fucking game fighting 1 single enemy while the other 3 run around and buttfuck you as you attempt to cap B and A by yourself episode

fucking idiots

tfw

i have the feeling the entire game will evolve around doing only this

It already has.

>me with 3 other players
>lose horribly
>me alone with 3 bots
>destroy the same team

It's really easy to tech

I remember Soul Calibur 5 and how pissed off people would get when I would always ring them out.
Im sorry that your katana princess cant handle this hilt in her ass

i know that feel kek

How do you beat Orocohi who spam the dodge attacks?

My win/loss is shit, but it took me a while to find a hero I enjoyed playing.

ay i like the shield tho

>berserking weebs down
>infinite combos out the ass, basic left to right patterns with top light switch ups
>top heavy combo finisher can kill gods
>every match in brawl kill my opponent and my teammate's opponent
>next match
>it's a warden

Justice, filthy savage

It feels good to charge into battle with a crusader's cross on my surcoat.

mines pretty shitty

Nice

>Tfw you have a bunch of Conqueror WebMs, but then you realize Conquerors are not flashy in the slightest, so they're probably not very interesting

any of the knight classes are infinitely more entertaining to watch than the weebs and savages

post them, i play orochi and conq and i love good conq gameplay. shit makes my dick hard

that orochi feat that gives you back health and stamina when you get a takedown is really strong, i've won so many 2v1s because of it

post anything, i just want to see moving pictures

I guess I'll dump a few more webms I have. I don't think I'll be playing anymore during this alpha.

>low health enemies try to run
>naruto.exe
this never gets old

>heretics

O F F T H E C L I F F
F
F

T
H
E

C
L
I
F
F

Anybody feel like making a 4player group for dominion? (PS4)

kek, can that be avoided?

Add Nykomoo I'm down

uh I think I've missed before but i don't think anybody's dodged it

>tries to have an in depth combat system
>doesn't allow the most insurmountable technique in fighting
S M H
M
H

ah yes, the good old "hol' up, lemme steal these weapons" technique

1v2 are surprisingly managable once you learn the right tactic. Just keep back stepping and blocking their blows until you get revenge mode then you can start doing some damage.

that really needs to be a feat for warden in the full game.

What the fuck is he holding in his right hand? A bag of coins?

What do you guys think the team meta will be.

Right now most people don't realize that sitting on a capped point doubles it's point value which in many ways makes it more important than taking b.

This way you have 3 at b who can split off and either take a or defend c.

It's the sword's pommel. He's going to throw it at the enemy and end him rightly

"If you wish to end him rightly, hold your sword up on your arm. You must unscrew the pommel and throw it at him vigorously. Close in with the throw and use your sword at him."
-Gladitoria codex

4 charge B, gang up on whoever is at B, 2 and 2 split at A and C, gang up again