>muh finer control
>inevitably drifts backward on slopes

LMAO
M
A
O

>heel-toe
>use the handbrake
>roll back anyway until you're about to hit the front bumper of the guy behind you then watch as he stays 2 car lengths behind you
wow that was hard

EZ Mode: (How to look like a racecar driver with friends in the car)
>Pull handbrake
>Rev up in 1st with clutch in
>Release handbrake
>Let go of clutch and dump revs

>Left half of left foot on brake
>Right half of left foot on gas
>left foot clutch
>Rev higher than normal takeoff RPMs (slope dependent)
>Keep giving it gas while rotating & sliding foot off of brake
This takes place in less than a second, and you don't even roll back. I do this every day because there is a stoplight at the top of a very steep hill in the valley. I stalled there ONCE when I was learning to drive 5 years ago, and have never done it since.

Wow I fucked that up real bad, I've had a couple after a long day.

>Left half of RIGHT foot on brake
>Right half of RIGHT foot on gas
>left foot clutch
>Rev higher than normal takeoff RPMs (slope dependent)
>Keep giving it gas while rotating & sliding foot off of brake

>he can't start from hills without rolling back

Manuals shift slower. Manuals have a clutch that needs maintenance. Manuals have gears and syncro that go bad all the fucking time. Their more problematic than a decent auto. They are fun to drive but i got sick of dealing with their bullshit and rebuilt my auto and put it back in. I also couldn't stand the direct connection of wheels to engine, it's primitive in comparison to a fluid coupling (which never wears out).

yeah, OP

I remember that thread, too

Manuals dont shift slower, you do. And not all manuals are less reliable than autos, in fact I find the opposite to be true morr often

Look at all these manual chimps giving us their 5-10 step solution for hillstarts. Want to know mine? take foot off brake and then slowly accelerate. My car does the rest because this is 2016 and I have an automatic. I don't think I'm Ken Block so I opted not to have a manual shift.

The hill-start assist is a variant of hill-holder used by some semi-automatic, clutchless transmissions as well as newer manual transmissions. The system prevents the car from rolling away when trying to pull away on an up or down gradient, simulating a "handbrake hill start" manual drivers will be familiar with.

>because this is 2016
good
for one second I thought you were being serious

Get good you scrub

Judging here. By that sentence you typed and the car you drive, I think your the kinda guy that sucks dick for 15 bucks.

>automatics never wear
>fluid couplings never fail

Shit b8 lad, try harder

>It's the CURRENT YEAR
>why are you not driving your wife's kids to school in a superior automatic?
>It's the CURRENT YEAR

If you had an engine with torque and/or knew how to drive you wouldn't be slipping back.
git gud

just let out the clutch til you hear the engine dip below idle and then move your foot to the gas pedal, this shit is not complicated you fucking plebs

nice pic selection

You dont need the handbrake if youre not a retard
>first gear
>heel toe but floor it
>dump the clutch
>m8

I've seen more manuals with problems than autos

No you have not

This has been cherry picked to facebook levels. Its actually cringe worthy.

>implying the first picture isn't every american truck ever.

You don't even need to heel toe it

I hope this never happens to me

cry harder faggot

>brake assist

Kek

Okay dude maybe I drive a shitbox with literally zero torque that can't hold itself still at an idle while the clutch is at its biting point

bruh I drive a 1.3l 60hp mazda, it's still not hard.

Yes I have?

Holy fuckchrist is this a serious problem for Veeky Forums?

I thought half the dumbshit on here was memes but if this is truly difficult you have the coordination of a drunk palsey. Fuckers talk about how great ricers are and the touge but cant get past hill starting.
>drifting the trueno is sooo awesome but only if its autotragic
The fuck?

If your manuel makes no torqs, and you haven't practiced hill starts at all, the suffering is real. Pepes and handbrakes and insurance claims and shitposting everywhere.

If your manuel is not a Honda Civic, and you therefore don't need a brazillion rpm to overcome a 2% grade, it's memeing.

>not knowing your bite point by the first week
>pepes, shitposting, manuel

one of my favorite types of Veeky Forums user is this
>refuse to learn board topic
>instead spend 95% of your time fighting everyone on everything
>wonder why everyone on the board hates your posts

I'm partial to meme arrows and projection m'self.

Im not this guyBut i do agree about knowing your damn ride. And it being a honduh dont matter. I learned hill starts on an 89 Integra.

>every American truck ever

Hoo damn you're a special kind of retarded.

No shit. You guys think "knowing your damn ride" describes the kind of person that makes a hill-starts-are-hard thread?

Just hold yourself there with the clutch a second before you have to go. No need to heel toe, no need to roll back.

>b-but muh clutch!
It's a wear item. It won't disintegrate from doing this. Do you break into a cold sweat every time you have to use the brakes too? Go fret about something else like your tread depth on your new tires.

Why do you need a handbrake to burn the tires user? Why not enjoy the fwd and just keep it locked and make them bald and smelly goodness?

fucking kek, learn to drive them and it isn't a problem. 150k on the stock clutch in my 96' 5spd Integra, just don't abuse it and they will last as long if not longer than a automatic of the same vintage. Common knowledge.

If you have just picked up manual it's fine but after two weeks if you're still having problems with hill starts that aren't absurd and more than 25 degrees, you need to spend 10 minutes in an onramp at night when there's no traffic to find your bite point. If you still can't figure it out then it's time to trade it in for an automatic and stop posting here.

Although then we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at... you could go full Veeky Forums tier and make an "automatic acceptance" internet movement about how manuals are oppressing your right to inhale burgers while driving because you are down a hand.

legit when i started learning at 16 (aus) i got hill starts down instantly never needed to use a handbrake

i dont get how this is hard for people

just move to clutch point and slowly accelerate quickly after you get off the brake

how slow are you to move your feet

it's like fundamentals of manual kek

merci

>Hold break
>Hold the clutch at the biting point where the cars starts to shake a little because is losing rpms.
>Let go off the brakes
>Car is holding by itself with just the clutch
>Apply gas to go forward.

Its extremely easy, although sometimes I let the car roll backwards to scare the people behind me when they get too close.

finally fuck

So you jerk around like an idiot? I bet you still blip your throttle like a child.
>on hill with a friend
>brotruck right up on my ass
>heel toe
>give it just enough gas because I'm not dagumi
>car doesn't lurch
>revs don't dump
>friend wants to know how I did it

>30 posts later
>the first Eurofag to show up gets it right.

top fuckin lel

> handbrake up
> limiter bash in 1st with clutch in
> drop clutch and handbrake at same time
The Australian way

Your anecdotal evidence wouldn't matter anyway.

desu I already said the same thing, europoors ain't gettin credit fur this one

I'm Mexican though.

only works in a diesel that actually has torque

Wrong.

fuck outta my board.

>his car doesnt have EcoBoostâ„¢ auto shift

You enjoying eating my dust fat shitters? Must suck being poor and having a small dick.

to anyone who actually knows how to drive manual, this isn't a problem.

look at europe, where everyone drives manual, and literally no one complains.
Even reverse is easy, unless it's a 50% slope

Shit I do this too tho. I want a new clutch anyway

you are all fuckin dumb doesnt matter if u are muhricans or eu
>you are on the side of the hill in 1st gear clutch in +brake
>start releasing clutch
>car begins to slowly want to move forward
>release brake
>press gas

holy shit that was fuckin hard faggots

when shit like this happens I hit the emergency flashers so they get the message to back off or go around.

>slowly accelerate quickly
Bravo

I think he means - 'begin the process of slowly accelerating very soon after releasing the brake'

>he doesn't use quick movements and muscle memory on normal inclines and the parking brake when starting on a very steep hill
Pretty pleb m80

>heelgay
>various steps
i literally rode my bike for a month and the first hill start i did was just going normal but with faster response

>comparing a bike to a car
>being absolutely 100% serious

Pick one

>inevitably drifts backward on slopes
Not if you know what you're doing, son.

I saw some cunt blow up his commo doing this iun front of me once. it was fucking XXXX

I never use my handbrake. I just hold myself with my brake pedal, release the clutch until the engine noise changes, and then give it gas.

Handbrake is a stupid extra step invented by the British.

>his country doesn't require him to be able to do a hill start without rolling back when he gets his license

You can't heel-toe on stilts, and women sometimes drive, too.

>stilts
Classic Brits, always thinking of circus performers

>MUH STICK SHIFT SUPERIORITY
>MUH AMERILARD DRIVER
>MUH "I DONT NEED NO HANDBRAKE BECAUSE RACEDRIVER"

Fuck off. Fucking aids faggot humblebrag pathetic waste of oxygen. 85 year old women hillstart manual cars without rolling back EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

>HURR DURR I DONT NEED NO HANDBRAKE BECAUSE IM A GOOD DRIVER
ITS CORRECT FUCKING TECHNIQUE YOU RETARDS

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE STATIONARY FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS, NEUTRAL AND HANDBRAKE. ENGAGE THE CLUTCH WITH A LITTLE GAS AND RELEASE THE HANDBRAKE.

YOU ARE NOT A SUPERIOR DRIVER BECAUSE YOU HAVE MASTERED THE INCREDIBLY SIMPLE TECHNIQUE OF HOLDING THE CAR ON THE BRAKE PEDAL AND HILLSTARTING WITHOUT THE HANDBRAKE. YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD BECAUSE YOU SACRIFICE PROPER TECHNIQUE FOR

>MUH DRIVING ABILITY

100% agree user

No, the handbrake method is for elderly people that can't properly move their legs anymorem

>ITS CORRECT FUCKING TECHNIQUE YOU RETARDS
Fuck off Britshit with learner's permit, nobody uses the handbrake unless they're parking

And yet it's always autocucks starting these arguments/threads

IS this one of those groundhog day threads?

Aww, didums can baby still not drive so has to try to make her self fell better by projecting her inadequacies onto others? Boo Hoo.

Heat soaking your front brakes, nigger you retarded.

You are one of those mongs that sits in traffic with a high level brake light scorching the retinas of the 8 cars behind him aren't you? Learn to drive before I shoot out your lights and smack you upside the head for your total stupidity.

>"Correct"
>no objective advantages
>objective disadvantage in having one hand off the wheel

so why is it correct/proper? because bureaucrats designing driving tests for all persons, including those with wooden legs, said so?

So much stupid in one post. How do you breath without constant instruction?

I think you meant to reply to mr "correct technique" over there

>AM I EXHALING RIGHT
>IS THIS CORRECT TECHNIQUE
>I NEED TO KNOW IF MY ACTIONS ARE APPROVED BY THE QUEEN
>user suffocates waiting for further instruction

This, and I drive a 90hp shitbox

>Fluid Coupling

What are you driving? A prestomatic?

>Not using the handbrake to perform this function

My car is manual and has hill-holder that works surprisingly well, and you can still intentionally roll backwards by tapping the brake to disable the hill holder or wait until it times out.

"Only in 'Muricaâ„¢"

You have a good chance of failing your driving exam if you can't do a proper hill start in my Yuropoop shithole.

>stay on break
>release clutch ~50%
>foot off brake
>immeadiately push gas
>release clutch
Done

Handbrake is for beginners and women lol

>89 replies
never change Veeky Forums

Penis

>being this burger
I didn't even roll backwards when I used to drive a puny 1.4i with 110Nm.

Now, driving a diesel, I don't even need the throttle to hold it on a steep hill.

stop trying to be dagumi with your heel toe-ing, just pull the drift stick up and pull it down when you the car starts to move against it. I use it when there is a car behind me, just in case. If there is no car behind, then I use

The fuck does it matter if somebody uses a handbrake or their right foot performing an extremely easy to fuck up move to not roll back? As long as you dont roll you could have pressed the brake pedal with your right hand for all I know

Diesels don't have a throttle, you uneducated fucking nigger

Here's your (You).

>he thinks diesels have a throttle
Tripfag confirmed for even dumber

You know exactly what I meant by "throttle."
Now calm your autism, faggot.

>mfw i can go up slope while only using the clutch.

you automatic fags don't know what you're missing.