/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. NTR CFW doesn't work at the moment. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good. Update to 5.5.1 recommended.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!OhV3nDCJ!Yq5B3kyBoPu3jtbxwNjWtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for taiko DLC

>3DPD

OP is a faggot

report and hide

Since in 11.0, arm9 blocks the downgrading proces, meaning that you already need to have access to it in order to complete the procedure, did 11.0 actually killed hacking on 3DS?

>did 11.0 actually killed hacking on 3DS?
No, it only locked a couple of retards into a paperweight.

Hardmods can fix anything.
But really as long as 1 CFW 3DS exists in the world, we're still able to downgrade 11.1 with a softmod.

>still no God Eater

A qt would fit more, yes, but its not that bad.

404 general

Can you hardmod to hack a PS4?

But everyone says that it is impossible to downgrade 11.0 without use of second, already hacked 3DS.

>Hardmods can fix anything

Unless you are sure about your soldering skills, this is rather big risk of damaging your console.

>But really as long as 1 CFW 3DS exists in the world, we're still able to downgrade 11.1 with a softmod.

By travelling across the whole world to that one, legendary man, who, after beating his three ultimate trials, will allow you to touch his sacred hacked 3DS?

Hardmods can downgrade 11.0

>Spirit of Justice is digital only
Is there a .cia up yet? No physical no buy

>File deleted

Get fucked normie

Im thinking about softmod methods that dont require second console.

I know about the hopes of flashcards based attack, but like you guys mentioned last time, nobody have technical documentation of any flashcard or enough information to actually use it for that purpose.

We need OP.

>thread is finally saved

>File deleted
what was it?

>By travelling across the whole world to that one, legendary man, who, after beating his three ultimate trials, will allow you to touch his sacred hacked 3DS?

You are that man. What are your three trials?

You did it, did you?

Seriously. Wtf 3ds shitters?!

>not owning two 3ds
>not keeping one on older firmwares for eventual hacking
>not eventually hacking said device
>not system transferring to your new device and hacking that as well.

I get it. Money and all...but does nobody have any awareness regarding backups for scenarios like nintendo updating to the point of almost not being able to hack? The 3ds is so old that most of you should already have a spare regardless

1. suck my dick
2. suck my dick
3. suck my dick

Not him

I reported it. Got a fucking problem?

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls DLC when ?

I wish I had three dicks...

Read the OP
Use Google
Learn to use Ctrl+f

Make sure you report all shitposters including the avatarfag.

This will be you eventually.

Nope, when I got here it was already deleted, though if it wasn't I'd report. Didn't even get to see it and it's not on the archive. But it was obviously 3DPD so I didn't miss anything.

Now go back to Facebook.

I was told here that Nintendo could never do anything to stop alh9. Anyway I don't want a non-hacked 3ds so why would I have 2 just in case nintendo finds a way to stop hacking.

>annoucing reports
Reported

Have an a9lh/luma o3ds XL. Just picked up that mario n3ds and wanna system transfer. What's the best way to go about this? A9LH the n3ds and then transfer and reinstall stuff?

Yeah, theoretically they cant stop a9lh, but that is after you already have it installed on your system. They can always update firmwares to shut out potential hacking from occurring in the first place.

a9lh the N3DS then (PC SD card) System Transfer. No reinstalling required.

"Old" cost 1/3 of my monthly income. "New" half.

Spending money on N3DS XL was hard enough.

1) Convince /g/ and Stallman himself (to the point of having him sign under declaration) that hacking 3DS/Vita is one and true way of turning them into freedom devices and not just for playing "backup copies"
2) Convince european Archbishops to perform breakdance on live television
3) Find me a girlfriend

First two should be easy.

Reposting from the other thread:
At step 3 section IV of plailect giude i updated my O3DS directly from the setting and got to 11.1.something.
After booting with Hourglass9 and triyng to restore SysNAND this happens.
I'm pretty sure the nandmin.bin filesize is correct.
Any help?

rip 3ds

Bullet Girls 2 with 1.01 update, probably Mai 233.2b2 dump

Most likely working, might contain mustard gas since it's from russian private tracker, initially from baidu though.

mega.nz/#F!OhV3nDCJ!Yq5B3kyBoPu3jtbxwNjWtA

You again?
Fuck off

Doesn't it require the new Maidump for it to install properly?

Vita to PC streaming when

I haven't time to test it, but apparently no, only vitashell 0.95 or higher.

if you are possitively sure the dump is right and non corrupt you could delete the .sha file and it will allow you to restore without verifying the file
afaik
beware, if the NAND.bin is indeed corrupted you can brick your console

Episode 25 720p is out.

>mega.nz/#F!OhV3nDCJ!Yq5B3kyBoPu3jtbxwNjWtA

You've done The Lords work sir.

God Bless.

>watching ree:meme

I have my N3DS XL on stock firmware 11.0, and my N3DS on A9LH hacked firmware 11.1.

I've been interested in hacking the N3DS XL by doing the DSiWare downgrade, but this would unfortunately mean losing out on my StreetPass Mii Plaza, Mii Maker and all other System Saves.

However, I asked on GBATemp and apparently it's actually viable to transfer a stock system to a hacked system.

Can anyone confirm this would work?

>1. Backup the NAND on hacked N3DS,
>2. Transfer N3DS XL to hacked N3DS, set up hacks including buying Fieldrunners with public.sav exploit
>3. As safety, perform NAND backup on N3DS again.
>4. Wait one week, transfer back to the N3DS XL with Fieldrunners ready to do the 11.0 firmware downgrade
>5. Restore Hacked N3DS' original NAND

And performing the system transfer TO the hacked system will preserve the hack, correct?
I own both these systems and the week's wait is no issue at all.

Can it be corrupted even if the filesize is the same as stated in the guide?

REQUESTING THE MEDIUM SIZE VITA GAME CHART PLEASE

I FORGOT TO SAVE IT BECAUSE I'M A FAGGOT

>FILE DELETED

Yeah I think there was a part in the guide where it asked you to check the file size of your backup and make sure it matched one of the sizes in the chart. I am pretty sure it was because of this reason right here. Now if you did check it out and all things seemed clear then I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe you could fix it all somehow but it would be beyond my knowledge. I am relatively new to this too

>facebook memes

Did you also forget how to go back one single fucking thread? It's right here

>FILE DELETED
HAHA! EAT SHIT!

I like it.

That's the SMALL GAMES chart you fucking retard. I'm looking fot he MEDIUM GAMES one.

No, just go ahead and delete the .sha file.

Who even cares for that chart?
I'm playing nep on a 4GB card.

if the SD or something malfunctioned when creating the dump or some other weird stuff, yes
its VERY unlikely, but it can happen
either way if you have more NAND dumps you can just try again with another one, since a9lh will keep booting you to hourglass even if the rest is bricked

I checked that part a hundred times and its exactly the same.
If i risk bricking though i might just leave it at 11.1 and wait.

Someone who has 1,5 gb left and doesn't know what to install?
Are you dumb? Oh wait, you already answered that with
>I'm playing nep

Then fuck off to /s/

>not putting 3ds 3.61

Wooooow

Something's gotta keep this thread worth looking at now that the weeaboos really took over.

You could try and be a little nicer to someone with the chart.

So if you have Luma3DS emunand, does updating your emunand to 11.1 break your menuhax?

Yes.

no

It didn't for me, menuhax works fine.

Kidding aside, 11.1 is supposed to have broken Browserhax and Menuhax, isn't it?

What is the recommended card size for the vita?

On the emunand, sure.

Oh, I guess the fact that sysNAND is on 9.2 would retain it. I wasn't thinking.

>if you have more NAND dumps
Sadly i only did it once, i even checked Decrypt9's log where it said succes on every step.
This should really be added into the guide

16 gb is good
8 gb is doable
32 gb is best
64 gb is unneeded
4 gb is very limiting unless you are near a pc to swtich all the time.

not him but I'm confused, the menuhax still goes straight to luma/pirated games.

What do you mean its broken?
I

Thank you, user.

I need some help with hacking 3DS. Bought 2 N3DS with friend, his was 9.80, mine more problematic with 11.0.0

His 3DS is already hacked, currently on 9.20, but we are not sure how to update it now to latest version, the regular updater doesn't work (An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will be restarted.)

I understand after an update there should be no problem to access eshop, buy Fieldrunners and use that 3DS to hack the other one?

The hax won't work when you boot into emunand because they got fixed on 11.0.
You use Sysnand to get into emunand, and that's constantly on 9.2.

IDK it just boots right into emunand, unless I made it so menuhax on Sysnand to boot into emuback then somehow.

>Try AC4/5/0 on the PS3 software ps2 emulator
>Exactly the same issues as PCSX2
ayy

Some games won't fit on a 4GB at all. 90% or so are 3GB or lower though.
There are 2 games over 8GB. One can't be dumped (God eater), the other is online only, gets weekly updates, and is free to play anyway (PSO2).

So 16GB is the safe option at the moment.

But really it depends. If you don't ever take your Vita outside or are using a PSTV, you can stick with a smaller card. Since you'll be near your PC it'll be easy to just swap out games.

If you actually take the thing outside and really need 5+ games, then you'll want to get a bigger one.

of course it has the same problems

fucking moron

it's because sony used some code of pcsx2 to build their ps2 emu, it has already been proven

I love you user.

It's called the Playstation TV.

Oh i didn't know that.

hack real ps2

Thank you, Senpai!

You honestly don't even need to be on the latest firmware if it is a hacked 3ds. There are workarounds so that you can access the eshop and even do a system transfer. I don't know much about it since all my stuff is just up to date so I never needed it, but maybe look into ctr-httpwn

Reminder that non idorts need to get out

o shit
not pictured a Wii

is there source on that? you've got my curiosity now

I have NDS, N3DS and PSP. Does it still count?

>over double the size of the first game
That's a lot of new pantsu

it was a discussion on pcsx2 forums, the developers were laughin because a bug their emulator was causing (and was solved in later revisions) also appaered using the official one.

I don't suppose anyone knows the checksum algorithm for dq7 save data? I'm writing a bruteforcer for it since standard tools are failing and I'd rather not bother.
Pretty sure it's just adding all the bytes up and bitshifting, by 6 perhaps like dq8 does.