/indie/ Indie and Obscure Games General

Witch Tits Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIBDMOcLl7c
youtube.com/watch?v=MB3KMt7_f9g
rpgmaker.net/games/6560/
rxi.itch.io/paradox
youtu.be/MX8_owloh0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the kid from the new laika movie looks a lot like Edgy Buddy

bump, where is everyone?

>mfw no one on this thread

why are we suddenly so dead?

youtube.com/watch?v=uIBDMOcLl7c

youtube.com/watch?v=MB3KMt7_f9g

What's the best indie and/or obscure waifu/husbando.

Anyone playing anything?

I'm on What the Box, it's pretty neat

The batter.

Didn't know that was out yet.

>OFF
>obscure

Did Stardew Valley get any significant update since release?
WHERE'S MP

That was the weirdest fucking boss. The whole game had a very consistent atmosphere then Witch of Decay happened. I literally laughed out loud and raised an eyebrow.

I've played about 40 minutes of Spaceport Janitor and I'm liking it so far. It's reminding me a lot of Hylics and that's good. It's weird but in a way you wouldn't expect. Will keep playing.

Who of this party should I give the karate scrolls to?
>Brad
>Shocklord
>Nern
>Carp

>that game you were hyped up for release but once you got it you couldn't care less

>obscure OR indie

What game?

Always brad dude

What are some indie games by schizophrenics?

I don't know if it is but revenge of the sunfish sure feels like it.

Why do YOU like indie games, user?

They are fun
They have personality
They aren't afraid to have to people sleep with each other
It's good times for all!

they load fast

When I play a AAA game and think: "I wish it was a little more like this", there is an indie game that is exactly that.

AAA games are usually bland, especially Ubisoft and that Destiny game

Indie games got more personality and bite. You think SquareEnix is going to publish something like LISA? I Don't think so

But seriously fuck Activision

they're cheep, free, and not restrained by the AA budgets a lot of games are That in turn allows for a lot more creative freedom normally.

aside from Mass Effect and Dark Souls, indie games have the better waifus

indie developers don't have fear of making a game different from the usual

GAME OF THE THREAD

One Shot

rpgmaker.net/games/6560/

I remember that.

Sucks that I didn't get to talk to one of the NPCs before hitting one of the many points of no returns.

God that was a neat game, what did indie choose for their one shot playthrough?

>RPG Maker 2003

bump

>waiting for Night in the Woods

sabi is best girl

no

Tastes like Rei ayanami.

Any release date?

>RPG Maker 2003

We can reach an agreement

rxi.itch.io/paradox

This is a space game made for a game jam. It's pretty cool. It's pretty simple but it's got a lot you can do. You mostly do jobs for space stations, either hunt down and kill a ship, retrieve a black box from a ship, or ferry a package from one space station to another. You can upgrade your ship with modules. You also have to make sure you don't run out of fuel and get stuck in space.

Can somebody play this game so I can talk about it?

Battleblock Theater:

Yay or nay?

People can make whatever they want and usually I connect more with something one or a couple people made than something a AAA company makes.

Yay

I thought it was a girl before I watched it

>MP
Maybe next year

very yay

Anyone hear about the obscure games lost in the 9/11 attacks?

Creepypasta incoming...

/g/ and Veeky Forums has shown me most programmers are mentally ill. Where the vidya brut at?

wat

They run on my laptop

Johnny's Ass Kamaguchi, would have been CLASSIC

need more of this

Ew

Come on. Somebody play this game.

Can I be the contrarian and complain that indie games are full of SJWs and "art" games and be really condescending to new ideas?

>not wanting milly tiddy

GIVE US THE WILLY MILLY

Anyone here play the Grimrock games? Those were fun as fuck. Kind of tempted to go back and play both of them.

ok I will paly

Played the first one. Atmosphere was good, but combat felt bleh to me, and finding secret buttons was more tiresome than interesting.

But that's a compromise

bump

What /indie/ magazines you read for getting the most out of /indie/ games?
I read a spic one called AnaitGames. Really cool, show stuff from gamejams, ludumdares, free indies that are different and fun, and analyze in depth games.
The writers are also the best people on the world, got one of 'em to follow me for showing him Dujanah and a Vaporwave game.
Really cool people.

Wasn't aware there was even such a thing.

>The Lost is the only one who actually unlocks something besides shitty babies by beating Mega Satan
>Getting to Mega Satan requires bombing angel rooms
>Getting angel rooms practically requires you to not take devil deals

FUGG

>using the lost
>ever
Theres your problem senpai

>mfw no one is bumping

I don't even read anymore

no

argh

bump

enhanced version never ever |:^| why can't indies ever meet their own deadlines? just make a further-out deadline.

Really looking forward to Sealark but apparently it's on hiatus and since the update is locked to donors on Kickstarter I can't see why.

Where the fuck do you go to buy acid vials in Underrail? Some scientist guy wanted me to test out an acid gun, but I decided to do some other quests in the meantime and threw away the acid vials he gave me because I forgot about the quest.

I went to South Gate and Junkyard, and they only had a handful of acid vials each.

Also, are there training dummies anywhere else besides South Gate? If I can find any, I'll probably just use the gun on rathounds.

Who is the cat guy supposed to be? An OC?

Man so many aborted kickstarters have this distinct "I've never made a game before but here's a wicked mockup" look

The person making it knew what she was doing but I don't know what happened.

>Underrail
What an unfortunate name

Stop being autistic

Heh I remember having the same problem...

According to a dude on the forums: The chemistry department in the Institute of Tchort (I forget where I got them finally).

Also: There's a room full of explosive barrels right next to where you get the quest... I forget if they're viable to shoot for the quest though. I used it in actual combat.

She got ate

It came out right around when Undertale was big too.

>tfw no crossover art of Frisk vs Cthort.

I did some googling for you.

lewd

N

1.1 in october
console release in december
multiplayer maybe december but early 2017

i guess then if i end up liking hylics i might give that game a try. don't know though, the parts where it's got an indiecade nomination and the parts where it's got some kind of gender mechanic where you gendershift and shit make me cringe more than my own let's plays

always give them to brad. the other party members may end up dying at any time so anything like that you always give to brad.

that game is okay but i can't find shit in it at all. might pick it up again sometime around october though since it is a bit spooky.

i don't care if a game is indie or aaa or shovelware. i like games that are fun. if it's fun, i like it. if it's not, then i think it's shit. that's all there is to it.

also i played lisa: the first this weekend - youtu.be/MX8_owloh0w

>grass physics
lol

Should Stardew Valley get its own general again once the update hits in 2017

That depends on how much it's talked about on here and /v/.
I'm only interested in new Shane and Emily stuff myself.

Oh shit you guys are still alive?

You could say it is offscure.

Do note that ubisoft are working on an impressively promising game; For Honor!

Hopefully others will follow with some amazing things of their own.