/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: WARIO Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Dragon Ball: Fusions online update and possible localization: nintendoeverything.com/dragon-ball-fusions-adding-online-play-another-hint-of-localization/
「!」Yo-kai Watch 2 demo now available on the eShop: siliconera.com/2016/09/15/nintendo-scares-yo-kai-watch-2-eshop-demo/
「!」Screenshots for Legend of Dark Witch 3, developed by M2: nintendoeverything.com/first-the-legend-of-dark-witch-3-screenshots-made-by-m2/
「!」Super Mario Run announced for iOS|Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem delayed to March 2017: nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-run-announced-for-mobile/
「!」An Adventure Unfolds in Paper Mario Color Splash!: youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyerryUkoc
「!」More Ultra Beasts revealed for Sun/Moon: youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8hARTlZrE
「!」Pikmin For Nintendo 3DS (TBD) announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/new-pikmin-game-announced-for-3ds
「!」Super Mario Maker For Nintendo 3DS announced: polygon.com/2016/9/1/12749312/super-mario-maker-coming-to-nintendo-3ds
「!」Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/poochy-and-yoshis-woolly-world-announced-for-3ds-yarn-poochy-amiibo-revealed
「!」Mario Sports Superstars announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/mario-sports-superstars-announced-for-3ds
「!」30th Anniversary Zelda amiibo announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/771350509118685185 (embed)

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/gvtPSRX8
Wii U - pastebin.com/uZY7NU8d

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11255426
nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=160000001A&lang=en&src=SNS-10380
youtu.be/V2ph5bvNBbo
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/19/miyamoto-hopes-super-mario-run-will-remind-players-how-much-fun-it-is-to-play-a-nintendo-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>(embed)
Fuck off, Veeky Forums X fag.

every time

-2 more day until Dragon Quest 7!
Maybe soon my order will come in!

>Wii U completely dead
>Only looking forward to SMT IV Apocalypse and Pokemon Sun

T-thanks Nintendo

the nx will save nintendo

When is the reveal

Nobody knows

Rumors say that next week, others in October.

I don't hive high hopes for it.

Better than me, only looking forward to Lady Layton.

Hopefully it will kill nintendo, at least for hardware.

This general is ded as Nintendo.

Go back to /v/, fag.

>SMT IV A
>Dragon Quest
>Yokai Watch 2
>S&M
>Pirating the new Paper Mario on Wii U and it looks okay-ish

I'm good for the future, this month in general is pretty big for me, three RPGs to hold me off.

Is Yokai Watch good? I never played it.

>yokai watch 2
>2

>thing
>g

If you enjoy games like Mega Man Battle Network and Attack of the Friday Monsters then you'll probably like it, it has that same "young boy explores and interacts with a small Japanese town" atmosphere.

>newfag dont understand the problem
>m

>newfag dont
>dont

maybe fucking talk about what the "issue" is instead of just memetexting you fucking retard

>instead of just memetexting you fucking retard
>d

and these wars
they can't be won

does anyone know
or care how they began

MAMMA MIA!!

HOY

welcome back rusepack

I feel generous, i'm gonna bump this thread by asking:

What games do you expect for NX launch?

My Little Baby

Same as Wii U regarding third party, i.e. a few ports, and more first party games hopefully.

strawpoll.me/11255426

strawpoll.me/11255426

To be completely honest I strongly believe Nintendo abandoned Retro and Retro doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Oh my god my ass hurts

I don't give a fuck if it's donkey kong.
I found the wii game annoying as fuck, really fucking frustrating. I don't remember anything fun, just getting really pissed.

Couldn't finish it, I gave up. Fuck that game.

Tropickle Cheese is great though, the main problem with Returns is that Yamamoto's composing style is not suited for a game like DK, but it's perfect for Metroid.

>there are people who don't like NSMBU
>there are people who don't like NSLU
>there are people who don't like SM3DW
>there are people who don't like DKCTF
>there are people who don't like CT TT
>there are people who don't like YWW
>there are people who don't like KatRP
Fuck off.

there anywhere here or elsewhere on internet where discussion of xenoblade chronicles x still relevant? I occasionally come here with questions, but tend not to see answers (not within the half hour it takes for me to decide the question's not getting answered anyway)

Also judging from the mira artbook images I've seen uploaded and theory videos, it seems I missed all the discussion on what X was concepted to be/Y could be

There is a Xenoblade X General discord. I'm not too sure if they're still active.

fuck all, I've heard bad things about discord

Is DQ VII good?

I'm crossing my fingers for a third DKC finale to tie up the trilogy, with Kremlings returning as the enemy.

It probably won't happen though cause everybody shat on Tropical Freeze and it didn't sell very well (I still think it did great for a first party title that was never officially package with the system ala Mario, Splatoon, Zelda etc.)

not too sure if I was the intended post to be addressed; I haven't played DQ VII. For what little it may be worth I played and liked DQ IX.

>Kremlings returning as the enemy.
lol

I want a Retro Mysterious Murasame Castle with the new Zelda engine.

>I want a Retro Mysterious Murasame Castle with the new Zelda engine.
If I ever got into game development that's what I wanted to try making actually.

Yokai watch is babyshit

>upgraded Shin Megami Tensei is baby shit
lol

The Kremlings have been absent from both games in favor of new factions, in which fans would ask about and demand the return of original DKC enemies every time.

Tropical Freeze enemy design even borrowed many concepts from the Kremlings, of which Lord Fredrik is constantly labeled a "diet King K. Rool" (sharing many move/animation quirks and archetypal nuances)

I dunno why that's funny, if there's ever a last DKC by Retro, the Kremlings returning would be more fitting now than ever. Even the Retro Studios president Michael Kelbaugh follows a King. K Rool fanpage on twitter for some reason.

>SMT with shallow minigames after every action is an upgrade
good joke

Snomad's were far better than the Kremlins.

How do you fuck up a rewards program this badly

fuck off gor

where are the physical rewards

>not interested in Hana Samurai
You should rename it MyFailure.png

Nintendo clearly stated MyNintendo is for the FUTURE platforms, aka NX and mobile.

Even as a digital-only program it's a tremendous fuckup.

I dunno, I wasn't interested in it then, I wasn't interested in it now.

Also doesn't excuse that the rewards program for their current platforms is awful.

>Also doesn't excuse that the rewards program for their current platforms is awful
Why? It's better than the competition and it's clearly not built into the current platforms as it is with Miitomo.

It's really a Miitomo store with a few bonuses pre-NX.

I thought the Snowmads were way better than the Tiki's, and I liked their personalities, but their general enemy archetypes were a lot less varied than what the Kremlings were based around, since pretty much all of Retro's DKC enemies were heavily influenced by a strict platforming-friendly philosophy, so every enemy is rounded/door-matted and approached in almost the same exact mannerism.

The Kremlings have fun lore too, with their legs being broken post-DKC for failure (and to accommodate their piracy reform) with former krew members like Klubba implying that K. Rool is a cruel and shitty leader.

Lord Fredrik himself was just a waste of potential through and through, an unimpressive design (compared to his shaded appearance) and antics that are heavily reminiscent of K. Rool, but he lacks the personality of history of K. Rool, so that just made fans wonder why he's not there instead.

And honestly, if not the thrill of seeing what a Kremling redesign would be like by Retro's art direction team, I'm curious to see what wacky twist they'll give K. Rool and his crew after all these years. After king, pirate, medieval scientist and boxer, the possibilities are endless.

I've always wanted to see brave samurai "Katana K. Rool" and his minions repurposed as Ninjas

In DKC Returns, the final boss Tiki Tong also has an uneven eye bulge that I noticed the first time playing.
It's on the opposite eye of where K Rool's is but I highly doubt that's a coincidence.

I'd gladly join this discussion but I never finished DKCR, having to redo the rocket barrel section every time in the final boss if I wanted ot get Diddy back was poor game design.

test

>After king, pirate, medieval scientist and boxer, the possibilities are endless.
K. Rool is like Barbie.

Namco even embraced this theme with his role in Super Sluggers, turning him into a Pharoah. The DK Jungle stadium also had a temple-like architecture going for it.

The gesture was cute but in most cases I just couldn't unsee him wearing a diaper.

forgot my pic.

Another fun Kremling tidbit, in Diddy Kong Pilot (the prototype for "Banjo Pilot," before it was retooled into a Banjo game) K. Rool had an avian design, complete with bomber jacket.

It was originally a flight-based GBA sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, and K. Rool would race alongside Krunch, the Kremling racer he sent in the original DKR to spy on Diddy and his gang.

(I can supply the Diddy Kong Pilot rom if anybody's interested, it's basically a finished game ala Earthbound Zero)

>open up Sm4sh again
>decide to fuck around in For Glory with random character
I'm having fun again

>open up Sm4sh again
>get paranoid about breaking my circle pad, stop playing Sm4sh

don't open this

ok I finally finished this fucking animu

A while back I went and trolled around FG with Duck Hunt. That was real entertaining.
>playing it on 3DS
Why?

>owning a wii u

>HEY GUYS I TOTALLY HAVE INFO ABOUT THE NX BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW I GOT IT AND I CAN'T PROVE IT
I know this happens with literally everything but right now it's so nonstop it's actually infuriating.
Fuck you and your detachable controller hybrid shit. If that's what it really is, cool, I won't get mad about a console reveal, but if that's not what it is, I will literally come to your house, shoot you in the face, rape your head stump, rape your family, and bury you all in your own backyard. I will have a shootout with police, hide in a bunker, and then shoot myself. That is just how much I fucking hate you and godawful fake leaks, you pieces of human garbage.

don't respond to it

You're so cool.

It's late I don't understand, do you want an hybrid or not

What I want is for people who make up fake leaks and hide the fact that they don't have proof behind "DURR CONFIDENTIALITY" to kill themselves. I don't care what the console is when it's revealed.

>not owning a WiiU, 3DS, and PS4
It's like you're not even a part of the future.

last warning nintyg, don't die.

nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=160000001A&lang=en&src=SNS-10380

Mamma hiring

Holy fuck, Corrin is an absolute blast to play. Jump around like a motherfucker on a pogo-stick and smack people all day.

>Lost Reavers Notice popped up on my Wii U menu
>just takes me to the eShop page for it
Is this all it's supposed to do? Can't find any info about it.

Corrin's specials are all real dumb. So much coverage. Complete ledge control with like four different moves. Thank god the rest of the character isn't that good. It'd be Cloud.

Does /nintyg/ deserve to live?

Anyone has the 3DS recommended list? Also which are the best SNES games I can download to my 3DS right now?

I heard there's a new Nintendo

I heard there's a new Gor.

No. There's nothing but shitposting right now. It'll come back when we get NX info

Life is the right of all sentient generals!

Post the best chill Nintendo music.

youtu.be/V2ph5bvNBbo

Ok with the NX so close we need to decide what's the best theme for the eShop.
All on youtu.be

Classi Wii /o0HIn9ksF4M
Wii U 2012 /SHfCgGG2E7U
Wii U 2013 /Tn_vOiG2l0Y
Wii U Q12014 /cEBJavP6K64
Wii U Q22014 /W9izPO8x7D4
Wii U Q32014 /58Yvg4M-PuY
Wii U Q12015 /AroTlY3OIlU
Wii U Q32015 /ol4twhPE7jk
Wii U Q42015 /cZiR9Aln_dk
Wii U Q12015 /9y5uP4Rv6Zk

There is also the Holiday, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros and Mallo's Mart themed ones.

Which is the best?

why wouldn't you just keep the links intact you stupid fucking underage bitch

Should I skip senran kagura 1?

I can't deal with the framerate, and I've heard that SK2 is slightly better

That didn't answer the question.

No.

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/19/miyamoto-hopes-super-mario-run-will-remind-players-how-much-fun-it-is-to-play-a-nintendo-game/

Top kuk

Side-B is stupid
Corrin's aerials and tilts are really good though, only thing she doesn't have is grab combos.

We need to retire Miyamoto.

>recommended game list

Someone brought up a good point, what if miyamoto stays in the mobile department, like what they did with Sakamoto?

I don't know if it's a good idea to have the second-third most powerful person at Nintendo take care of phone shit.

subs fucking when HS

This neo anti-Miyamoto culture we're living in is really interesting.

A lot of people accuse him of being the George Lucas of videogames for some reason, but unlike say somebody like Sakamoto, I don't believe he was a product of the people around him, his breakthrough were always that, his. It seems like business has definitely influenced over the years, fitting games into an image of what they COULD be, but I mean....He is a businessman, and games of the past generation still had a mountain to climb due to how primitive they were.

It was always his dream that Donkey Kong would exist not just because it was a game, but so that it could counteract all the "soulless" shmups of the time, and give gaming what he deemed a "personality."

Nah Miyamoto is just senile, he only wants games his children/grandchildren would enjoy so now he wants phone trash because that's what the media says kids should do.
It took me a while to understand his comment about F-Zero GX being bad but then I remembered his interview saying he makes games for his grandchildren to enjoy and then I understood, this man must be removed.

I guess I'll have to wait 5 hours