Ricers and animemes.

Initial d
>tfw no levin coupe

Tofu tax

Because they are crazy fun

This.

tip: most older cars are fun

Ricer tax + meme car

tfw i want one but i only have $5000 you can't get a good one for that cheap can you?

This

They're like Miata's except noisier, more raw, and less safe feeling. It's thrilling.

I don't think I can call that an 86 anymore.

its a fiero

there funner and more powerful than miatas plus they look cooler

>more powerful
Hold your horses

>more powerful than miatas
No

>128hp JDM
>112hp USDM

I love them but let's be serious

Add pop culture to the existing drift tax. Too slow for you? Drop in a SR20 and you're laughing.

becasue they can out drief and preform a turbo charde two chamber rotary rx7 jeeze didnt you watch the documentary all about them

its called initial D

Same reason classic Camaros are so expensive. They hold a great deal of cultural value and are fun cars.

>Drift Tax
>JDM Tax
>Takumi Tax

Their previous owners don't want them to get rekt in rally.

no it's initial D. that is for skyline, supra, evo

I reckon twin turbo Supras and GT-Rs would've still held their prices pretty well even without FnF. Perhaps half of what they cost now considering how potent they are with a bit of work.

>your country will never have classic JDM cars
Man I would love to have one but i guess ill stick to bikes for cheap thrills per shekel

Who is this jizz djin?

Paid like $80 a month for 9 months for my GTS when I was 23-24. $70 something now that I'm 25. It's a 3-door liftback on my registration, so I think it avoids the coupe tax. Makes me wonder if the coupe version is more expensive.

Depends where you live. $5000 will get you a sort of ratty GTS or a great SR5. Don't expect paint or interior to be in good condition, but the car should be driveable. If it isn't, then make sure it's just an engine issue and everything else on the car is solid or at least rust free. 4AGEs are cheap and plentiful.

Tofu tax and many are dying from rust

Dont bother. She only looks good in that one picture.

Holy fuck is this real?

Kekarooni

for you

Legitimately loled

Drift tax

Buying a Volvo 340 and dropping a Clio Williams engine in it with literally no work at all can be done sub £1k here and be infinitely better than the amount of meme money you'll put into that meme car

stupid fucking weaboos

>tfw if takumi drove an AW11 it would be the animeme 4AGE and the AE86 would be the obscure one

>calling it a "________ tax"
how to spot a poorfag

Initial D and Best Motoring created their status. Being old and hard to find in good condition means people are willing to pay more for nice examples.

This is economics 101 so of course Veeky Forums doesn't understand it.

The rules of supply and demand.

I actually think that they're way underpriced considering how many people want them.

post tits

Model: Haylee Rasor

Ty user

shoo shoo gains goblin shoo shoo

Wat

4AGE swap KE70 or a TE71.

Yep. It happened in Melbourne.

Are there any America or Europoor only cars that japs REALLY want?

Do japs have the autists with more money than sense to import grey market cars?

>Japanese board having discussion on importing 1 million mile as taxi, 2000 lincoln town car
>People calling it a meme
>People really liking it

idk

I know subaru BRATS and scions and shit kinda have this status, but they're jap cars.

That's a man.

Why are brats meme tier

They mostly like Jap cars, but classic muscle has a market in every country. They also seem to like BMW and Audi but those are hardly gray import there.

when you are limited to 1.6l engines your choice are limited when it come to foreign that aren't cheap econobox.

Japs fycking love old chevys, caddys, chryslers, dodges etc
They do lowriding better than Mexicans

this post reeks of autism

DELETE THIS

post moar

that gutter is a bit to wide dagumi-gun

youtube.com/watch?v=bqw4P7vLgas

dam thats hektik

I would love to own one, though I'd want to find a junker and fix it up. There's no need to damage a stock AE86 with my hoonish fantasies.

That's a nice freeway but you should only drive dangerously when it's clear around 2-4am.

Ty mate

youtube.com/watch?v=Rm2wfj-_63c

everything that is popular is a meme according to Veeky Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI&feature=youtu.be&t=35m18s

Because of Initial D

>he fell for the ae86 meme

oh god he purchased a fucking FB, the worse RX7.

But the FB looks amazing. I want to make one into a really retro-looking cruiser in brown and beige.

Shrinking supply, growing demand.

I wish they weren't so good. I've had 5
cars since my ae86 and nothing comes close.

>no rack and pinion steering

Barely even a car.

Because people like you want to buy one

arrant they under powered?

Ireland is probably partly reponible for driving up AE86 prices, too. We imported so many of those things.

A E S T H E T I C

Obligatory

They're not so bad. The jap import was faster than most v8's when it came out.

I'd swap all 3 of my current cars for a notchback levin with a good body.

>notchback levin with a good body
Didn't want an EUDM Levin, so I got this instead.

It's a fucking memecar, made popular by initial D. This is the only reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really fucking good car, and i'd love to own one.
However, it's not better than the miata or mr2. Neither does it provide more of that "fun" people like to throw around.
People like to think it's better but it's simply due to it's rarity and a myth that enveloped this car, when in reality it's just a shitbox.

I follow a guy on instagram in Japan who made his AE86 to the USDM spec. With the Corolla GTS badges and everything. It's pretty cool

Go to Japan ans buy one yourself dirt cheap

It's almost impossible to get the car a passport.

i was actually wondering to myself if someone like that existed, because i think the usdm ae86 doesnt look as good with the giant 5mph bumper. always thought sprinter trueno sounded cooler too.

Take away it meme status its a car that sold well over time but its been raced/ran/customized since it was new in japan so there are fewer and fewer each year that are in great daily shape. Like the 240/S series Nissan in the states. it sold good then prices tanked then people started snatching them up drifting/destroying them so supply and demand dictated a higher price.

Now lets figure in the meme/racing status of the car. People want the Drift-King classic or Takumi/Bunta's car but the body style only lasted so long with only so many made. So demand is high for not only a good looking hatch but a hatch made famous by a legendary driver and a cartoon.

>made popular by initial D

It starred in initial D because it was already popular you fucking ignorant milennial. Anybody around the world who knew about touring cars and motorsport knew about the ae86 because it dominated its class.