Dear Veeky Forums, I have a special fetish for Japanese cars with American V8s in them...

Dear Veeky Forums, I have a special fetish for Japanese cars with American V8s in them. How can something so wrong be so right?

>inb4 jdm fags getting assmad over v8 swapped Rx-7s

No worries OP, I do too. It is combining the excellent handling, lightweight and affordable aftermarket of the Jap car with the power of American muscle. V8 Miata are really my thing but I also like the S chassis and RX-7 swaps.

because you might also like the shelby cobra

Yes, the AC Cobra (AC Ace) and Sunbeam Tiger (Sunbeam Alpine) are two of my favorites.

You can spend $15k building a decent s14 with a v8 or you can just buy a c5 corvette.... Makes zero sense.

Hahaaaaaa

Why does no one ever put Japanese V8s in American cars?

Because they are fuck huge DOHC nonsense that is sub 5 liters barely making 250 hp.

Someone posted an image recently of a Corvette with a Japanese inline 4 in it. Blew my mind.

They just set the body on top of the engine, you can see in the pic that the motor mounts aren't bolted to anything

I have a special hatred for swaps in general.

I'm unsure whether the Japanese have made that many performance orientated v8s in general. There's the one from the Lexus IS-F and maybe one or two from Infiniti. All the other v8s are there for easy low-end torque to just make the car smooth to drive, which is more or less what wrote.
Why would you swap e.g. a 1UZ in place of a HEMI? Typical japanese performance engines (or at least above-average-powerful-engines) are i4s, i6s and v6s.

However OP might like Ryan Tuercks current project of fitting a Ferrari V8 in a Toyota GT86, pic related. (They just started working on it)

You rang?

>How can something so wrong be so right?

Because cucks feel the same way

ROLL COAL

>tfw no 5.0 powered S13

I want to swap one into a S14

Cummins swaps should be more of a thing for cars

>inb4 shit weight distribution
Who cares

Its too big onii chan, it wont fit!

Once it penetrates, you don't go back

I have a fetish of the reverse. Last gen transam with honda v6 in them.

>cutting the bulkhead instead of flipping the intake manifold
top lel

I's swap one in a FC RX-7

They don't really impact me at all, but at the same time I wonder why you would want to bastardize a low performance car, rather than just starting with a high performance car. In my head I already know I'm not as good at modifying/designing cars as the manufacturer.