Final Fantasy General CCLXXXIX - /ffg/

Kaiser Dragon and the Meltdown Lucky Draw tonight. Prepare your anuses.

>General info on Final Fantasy
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE
youtu.be/cji-L0hu1Io
youtube.com/watch?v=rUsOpKnHtZY
youtu.be/aH0jj4NWFYA
youtube.com/watch?v=T20yqTukGPE
youtu.be/Wepgwx_9kto

>FF XII: The Zodiac Age
youtube.com/watch?v=81NsStczT8E
youtu.be/274X0SjKx8M

>World Of FF
youtube.com/watch?v=QNMey5SKKkc
youtu.be/_FdGg3KKIcE
youtube.com/watch?v=3WWdMrF0NWo
youtube.com/watch?v=iqDJXQ9Uz3U

>FF XI
/ffg/ has a linkshell on Asura: "FearTheVoid"!
FFXI's September update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51345
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FF XIV
Patch 3.4 on September 27th!
youtu.be/8JPfQb549Eo

>FF Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yjUI0AwTAoBxuZlGQQZfaEQMnNt2bUdzm0gMZHXq4Cs/edit#gid=0
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/gGK2VYhe

>FF Brave Exvius
youtube.com/watch?v=7bhRtof5oOA
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Mobius FF
youtube.com/watch?v=6ipfJv4Qp6g

>Justice Monsters V
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ785B_u6lc

>Other game information
pastebin.com/cPCCGXNy

>Vayneposter Filter
ghostbin.com/paste/tsjzh

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEEaWDS4Q24
reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/52inge/black_mage_2_lucky_draw_relics/
youtube.com/watch?v=sPXhQqkg5UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for still no CoD

Are there any RM3s that are interesting in Record Keeper? I remember hearing Thunder God was good for TG Cid, but the only other one that seemed unique was Kuja's "start with 60 second doom" for darkness ability spam. Seemed like they didn't want to make any more specific soul break gauge materia.

Should have pulled with us that first night senpai

But I did. At least I'm getting closer to getting that Thundaga TM

pulled twice today

half roll got WoL and ticket pull got Chizuru. Now I just need CoD

JUST

>XI with correct month update
>XIV back in OP
>No King's Knight
Almost there OP
youtube.com/watch?v=fEEaWDS4Q24

Speaking of, how do you guys feel about S-E retroactively making their old games into FF canon? Would you want more added like 3D World Runner or Rad Racer?

>JUST

Fuck off.

Reposting from the other thread for the user who asked.

The main advice that I can give you is to max ONE unit at the time.

I understand that the attraction of trying out new awesome units is great, but you're not doing yourself nor your units a favour to half-bake them.

Also, level up your espers. It's a pain in the ass but obviously worth it.

Chizuru is great, but I'd say that for now Fencer is the better choice given that she has more tricks up her sleeves.

I don't like Vaan as a character, but he's excellent in BE. Full Break and Focus mean that both physical and magical units will hit harder.

Lenna will be your main healer for quite a while - Cheer is great, and Curaja is greater.

I doubt you will manage to max enough units for the current event, but Kefka is exceedingly useful - Escape will allow you to give the finger to random encounters and then nuke the bosses with Hyperdrive. Alas, that nasty little ability arrives at lv80.

Bartz is a good barrage user, doesn't have many tricks up his sleeves but he's a rock solid unit.

WoL can be used instead of Vaan if you prefer a tankier character. I personally would use him over Vaan for that - WoL and Provoke are a match made in heaven. AND if you somehow manage to snag 80 Cave Stones from the current event, Shining Splendor is basically tailored for tanks like him, Leo and Cecil.

So to recap: Lenna and a Full Breaker are a must, barrage user (either Chorizo or Bartz are fine, but given that Bartz is already halfway there I'd pick him for immediate use). Whether you want a magic user or another physical unit (Fencer) is all up to your preference. Vaan can boost your mages healer, WoL can tank the damage for them.

hold the salt next time.

i know u jelly

thanks a lot m8

>having an excess of water megacryst
>gotta sell them because no space

Of course the next even will have an item/weapon/whatnot that will require a fuckload of water megacryst.

We did it senpai! 7 S/L until finally he decided a single attack was a better opener, got protectga and wall through and it did fucking peanuts after, then it was just breakdowns and beatdowns. i definitely need to hone my shit though, ran out of almost everything.

holy shit i don't think i'll ever turn back from minwu. i grossly underestimated the power of that instant cure

I have those units you cretin, so the salt is not for me.

It's simply annoying when people have great stuff but bitch.

bring back live a live and now we're talking

>fusing kriles
ABSOLUTELY NOT

Krile is shit though

>he doesn't know the power of dualcast

sounds like youre bitching right now lmao

too much sodium in your diet m8

>he thinks dual cast matters when you can just murder shit with another barrage user

Does FF6 have jobs? I'm kind of bored of FF5 atm.

I'm planning out my team for zodiac age, and I'm unsure if the samurai is actually worth using.
My plan so far is like this:
Vaan - Monk - Designated Tank + Expose and Wither, Using Poles for most things and barehanded for enemies with high magic defense
Penelo - Red Mage - She'll be the backup healer and the elemental damage dealer
Balthier - Time Mage - One of the damage dealers with all the supportive time magic + Addle and Shear
Fran - White Mage - The main healer, also she'll be able to steal when she's not healing
Basch - Dragoon - Just big damage
Ashe - Samurai - Also just big damage, except more fragile and she can use shades of black on enemies with high defense
My main concern is if I should keep Ashe as a samurai, are katanas good enough to justify having her be a damage dealer at the expense of no heavy armor or magic?

Yeah, but they are tied to the characters.
I know your pain. Trying to grind shit to fianlly beat those superbosses that i didn't beat all those years ago, but i can't be arsed right now.

Nah, it's like IV where everyone is a set class with one exception: everyone can learn and use magic.

jesus christ the game is piss easy, don't repeat jobs the end

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

I'll give it a go then thanks.
Honestly I haven't even passed the 2nd world but I want a change of pace since my last run hot deleted and going through it again is a bore

OH well that's completely understandable. Hope you have fun with VI.
The same happened to me with SMT IV recently.

He did something wrong: he was incredibly unremarkable.

Like, I can't say I hate the guy, I just kinda forgot what he did, what his ideology and endgame was.
Completely overshadowed by based Gabranth, which is one of the best written antagonist in the FFverse.

Is there a point where this game stops being total garbage?

>That faggot
>Best written
>Better than the True Hero
Ah, so you have shit taste.
Thanks for clarifying in your first post.

Reminder FF12 has a crater sized plot hole that makes the entire plot not necessary!

I didn't know 5 had secret bosses. Maybe I'll keep going. World 3?

Around the Gilgamesh fight

Have fun with VI. If I can give you a little piece of advice, don't put EVERY single spell on everyone, or you'll get bored of obsessing over maxing useless spells and spamming quick+ultima pretty fast in the endgame. Keep things interesting.

>Crater sized plot hole
???
I know final fantasies aren't the most logical of things sometimes, but I don't remember anything that bad in XII.

I'll keep that in mind. I have a bad habit of overleveling early on.

The game is also a little less rigid with class roles since equipping certain espers during level up gives a permanent stat bonus. It gives the opportunity to min/max if you want to, but you can also barely pay attention to it and do just fine.

>Legitimately trying to discuss Vayne and Gabranth
>lol that faget
>muh superior taste

No wonder people filter you. Have fan wanking alone user.

>Chapter 6 of 8
Fuck that. I ain't falling for the Archylte Steppe meme again.

Don't. Especially since the game is rather easy and espers give stat boosts (+atk, +mag, etc) - and you won't access them before quite a while.

If that makes you feel better, lad.
It's been discussed multiple times that yes, gabranth gets the spotlight, but because people have shit taste and he's more marketable rather than due to anything worth arguing over.

Omega and Shinryu are in the very last dungeon of world 3 and require specific equipment and jobs to do.
Their harder variants are in the bonus dungeon after you complete the game. I haven't beaten them since the dungeon is fucking long and huge, and my younger self didn't have the patience for it.
Bonus dungeon is only in the advanced version of V.

I know right? November 4th is a long way to go!

The occuria can physically interact with physical beings. In their eternal wztch could have just killed Cid and Vayne the second they got their hands on the Shards.

>two mastered u+ in a row

feels fucking good man. my major orb reserves are very happy about this day

Is Earth Shrine the best spot to farm lumber? Or there are other better spots?

>The occuria can physically interact with physical beings.
????

But most of the occuria hate leaving their safe untouchable space dimension, and actively don't want to directly touch the world. Doing that would require both leaving their safe home where theyve been for hundreds of years, and interacting directly with the world.
It's not logical on their part, but it doesn't break character.

Chaos seemed oddly easy, I guess maybe because JP got the event much earlier on?

Why specific jobs and gear? Wouldn't Mimic/Free do just fine at that point since they carry all the stat boosts.

Alrighty thanks hon.

Grats bro, now try to VI event's Ultimate & U+
They usually try to tone down difficulty on realm events that have less synergy, like I. Not to take away from both you and the other guy's results as it can be difficult, but it's less so than other events.

Well i mean Freelancer only gets stats and passive boosts, you still only get 2 slots for abilities like !rapid fire + !spellblade.
Omega and Shinryu needs rings to absorb the first hit which will wipe your party.
Omega is a machine and inherently weak against lightning but also has permareflect on. Omega also shits out status ailments which fuck you in 6 different directions.
Omega is doable with a regular party, but it can be cheesed with a single spellblade.
I have no memory of Omega MkII, but i think it has counter measures to anyone who uses it's elemental weakness and rapidfire.
Shinryu needs a freelancer with !sing to use romeo's ballad to make it Stop.
Neo shinryu is just a big fuck you.

The entire point is they can't physically interact with the world, only guide people.

When does Venat ever actually touch anything? There's that time it fuses with Vayne, but remember that fucking killed Venat to do.

I'm in agreement with you man. Even after killing bartz+ my skills were entirely out and it was down to the wire, chaos just kind of sat there. even through his -res firaja barely took half health after mitigation, after monk kick shenanigans it was ez pz

Not one thing you wrote out is backed by game and game lore except they've actively meddled with humanity in prior occasions. Multiple times. Doesn't change the fact they can do it themselves.

That's why it's all meaningless.

They're mysterious space beings whose whole existence and downfall are mysterious.

Just because you're not meant to understand their motives doesn't make it a plot hole.

Not understanding why cosmic horrors do the things they do doesn't make Lovecraft full of plot holes.

That's bullshit. See the Venat / Reddas interaction at Draklor Laboratory.

>The Occuria explicitly say themselves that they don't want to leave or touch the world directly, their behavior in the past hundreds of years and earlier in the game supports this
>But somehow the lore doesn't back this up
???
Again, theoretically they could, although besides things like shielding their ability to interact with the world directly isn't known, however doing so isn't really in character for them.

List of relics in BLM lucky draw where?

>We don't want to meddle in human affairs.
>So we're going to meddle in human affairs at every key moment in history we get.

Impossible to reconciling the two.

How would they use a shield to kill Vayne?

But they haven't medled for literally hundreds of years, that's half of the plot points regarding them.
Did you pay attention to the game's plot at all? They specifically don't want to meddle directly.

Reddit.

reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/52inge/black_mage_2_lucky_draw_relics/

>Kekfka's LB does 360.000+ to Belmodar

I know Belmodar is a shitter, but seeing that number was rather surprising.

Ha ha! Time for Merton!

ff12 talk is all retarded because >worst ff but if they have and can he's right
how stupid are you

Blanked again. I have a ton of soul breaks, but not a single one for a black mage.

>XII is the worst FF
opinion discarded, have fun being wrong about everything.

>only 2 Nightmare Records
Dammit. I just want to git gud

The actual nightmare fights are easier than the previous dungeons sometimes if you know the strategy and have abilities honed enough.

How'd I do guys?

Alright

Were you thrown against the hospital floor when you climbed out of the wretched vagina you were in when born? They're actively putting their hands in human affairs throughout the game. They are manipulating you with the ghosts of the dead to ensure you do what they want but ultimately fall short because active meddling from Venat beat out passive meddling.

Twelve-tards are worse than Tactics-tard.

QT KEEPER LIVES

Featuring Vincent from the Final Fantasy VII series

>been 0/66 until now
God damn if I didn't already have SG I might not be crying right now.

BUT I AM AAAAAAAAAAH I HATE THAT FAGGOT HOPE

Is the sword in the LoP event really worth it? I'm tired of grinding and I don't want to spent time and lapis crafting that sword that could be useless in the next update

But they're not interfering directly, the only thing they do is influence others to act for them. You sound rather mad user-kum, are you alright?
And you still haven't managed to explain how they're going to kill someone with a shield, as we don't know and aren't shown how they can interact directly with the world outside of Venat's shielding and fusing, the latter of which seems to be inherently suicidal.

You'll have a strong Terra when chain firaga comes out.

>responding to 12ers
not even once it's like masturbating with a barbed dildo there's no point

I can't see your image user

If that is Hawkeye I want to trade for your draw so we could both be happy

so mad I forgot pic

Oh boy, another 0/11.

Tiara is fine (enfire), Cloak might be good?

Now you're just responding to yourself.
G'night lad.

sorry user

his BSB makes him a top-tier mage though

Any reason to pull if i already have exdeath with endark and dark boost armor?
I'm tempted. Fucking lucky draws are always tempting me.

It's like a brick wall. Somehow giving humans information they never would have had and altering their actions isn't meddling.

>Hope gets EnHoly while Garnet doesn't
Fucking unfair

I've always heard it was shit, but you guys hate hope even more than I do so that's not surprising.

On the bright side, I can pretty much fuse the SG right?
I mean, will I really need to give Onion Knight a book ever?

If you pull, you get lucky like me.

May as well, only Onion Knight and Alphinaud get books anyway and they're not really going to be in the market to use SG.

I'm actually the one user here who seems to like Hope, even drew for his BSB but I didn't get Hawkeye. I'm not memeing when I say EnHoly with a 4x MAG-based Holy magic attack is good though.

>possibly my very first 0/11 for luckies/nightmare luckies
Shame, but not the end of the world.

>Ignoring the difference between direct and indirect
>Excepting the occuria to make sense and be logical when we've been shown multiple times that they don't and aren't
2/10 got me to respond, and with an image to boot.

I feel like this is a damn lucky draw

I've got two Basch's shields to spare too, so I'm mostly just upset that this faggot is here forever.

I'm going to end up with Team Shota by the end of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=sPXhQqkg5UA

O-only 25 mythril though.
Somebody stop me.

>do lucky
Literally fucking who

It's not bait it's cognitive dissonance at work. Like I said early on it's impossible to reconcile the two.

I got Maria's & Rydia's SSB. Are they good? Just reading the description of Maria's giving Faithga sounds like good news but I'd like to know from everyone else.

Rydia is a good spellcaster. The DEF bonus is nice on Odin since I think it stacks with SG