/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses
Previous Thread >Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed) (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed) (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed) (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed) (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPWKhOKwb7E
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Henryk's set has more Beasthood than Gascoigne's

Why though?

So how much of a disadvantage would I be at if I only had Fishing Hamlet gems at the fight club?

A somewhat large one, but I got by just fine. END Yourself will bully you because you probably can't one-shot him, but otherwise it's alright.

The One Reborn is even easier in NG+ than he was the first time.

who were you?
Depends on the build

I'm using chikage

probably won't do too hot unless you gunspam

The Doll

Wasn't there yesterday, but two weeks ago half my deaths were really stupid mistakes in my opinion. So I'd say I was fine.

>the doll
Well, your gems aren't the problem but they didn't help you out

>doing a BLT for FC and having hamlet gems in a chikage
Yeah, you'll be pretty fucked.

Shit I really wasn't looking forward to the thought of farming for off-shape gems well wish me luck

You can be fine with 27.2%, especially if you're a Skill/BLT hybrid, it's advised. 31.5% gems are a huge undertaking and while they add a huge chunk of additional damage, especially compared to hamlet gems, they're only worth it for pure BLT builds.

Anyone remember where in the upper cathedral ward the cosmic eye watcher badge is? This area triggers me so hard with the brainsuckers and roided out werewolves god damn...

Give me a more fuckin metal area name in all of Souls than Graveyard of the Darkbeast and Cursed Pthumerian Defilement.

>a huge chunk of additional damage
Is the difference really that extreme? I'm not the fag you were talking to, nor have I been involved in the conversation at all to this point, but it just doesn't seem like THAT big a deal. But I might not know what I'm talking about.

Kek Protip: I can't

I think it's along one of the halls to the right of the area, where that Brainsucker wanders. I don't remember if it's in the upper or lower path, though.

With three 31.5% gems as opposed to 27% gems, that's an entire 13.5% more. I'd say that's pretty noteworthy.

Right as in to the right of what? Like from what point of view, like if you're facing the building from outside?

Well, it's 3 27.2% gems compared to 3 31.5% gems, which is 12.9% additional damage.
Ultimately, it depends how badly you want that extra damage.

On addition I will make: If using a bow blade (exclusively for the bow) or a lost chikage, the difference will drop to 8.6% damage since they have access to a circular gem slot.

If you're planning on using the bloodletter, you won't be as fortunate.

Facing the building from the outside.

As in, as soon as you enter the big, central room with the chandelier, it's in the path straight ahead through that locked door.

>Road of Sacrifices
>Crucifixion Woods

How long are we can anyone who has done it or at least tried give me a conservative estimate.

Drop rate of off shape gems is about 1.5%, off those you need 18 rating gems, of those they need to not be "warm" gems and of those, they need to have a usable curse.
I'm at about 2,000 kills and have only gotten 1 radial 31.5% with kin down (beast down is also fine)
2 radial 31.5% with stamina down
1 Triangle 31.5% with stamina down
The rest weren't usable.

Got it thanks dude. I love how you can cheese the wolves by pulling them back to the doorway they can't get into.

Damn that's worse than I was expecting, what about the speed for each kill could I say manage manage about that if I had the patience to grind for a whole day?

For a quick run, I average 45 seconds. For a 3.0 USB savescum, I average 1m 15s.

Hey, who's up for some Living Fayylures?

We can bully Maria too.

Ringing at the door to LF. Password is bbg.

>Living Fayylures
I found this funnier than I should have

Just picked up this, first waning 31.5% without attack down or hp depletes curse.

FUCKING FINALLY BEAT ORHPAN
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A GOOD BOSS FIGHT

Did you solo him? I gave up and got help from /bbg/. Only boss I did that for on my first playthrough.

When I finally soloed Orphan I ran out and screamed from my balcony then jumped around like an autist until I scratched my knee up pretty up.

What a feeling.

yep. I came pretty close to it, but when nobody came for a good 5 minutes I gave up and went back to solo.

>tfw you ace something that gave you a lot of trouble in your previous playthrough

Beast Claw is pretty baller, dunno why crowfag didn't chug though.

>tfw you farm early on and hit the DLC as soon as possible and have a +10 weapon with 22.3% physical gems and you go fight the shadows of yahrnam

>mfw fighting Amelia with a +6 fire saw spear at level 50 with 40 arc

>tfw using a +6 Flamesprayer on her
She went into a visceral position within 3 seconds

Anybody need help from a lvl 4? :^)
Available anywhere accept the DLC and FRC dungeons ;_;

Is the beast claw any good, fampaitachi?

Ask Lady Maria.

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=wPWKhOKwb7E

Helping a friend take on defiled Amy. Anyone wanna join? Pass is 1qaz2wsx

Disclaimer: he's not the best at the game so only come if you have some patience

I didn't get that fight at all. I was helped by two anons from here that made it look easy. Why such a fucked up pass though?

It's just the first column of the keyboard plus the second column haha

Yeah this is one of the hardest in the game in my opinion. Two anons from Bbg helped me too

Not exactly sporting, but I can solo it for you if you want.

Looking for some teamwork if you're interested hahaha

Alright, give me 5 minutes. I'll tell you when I'm ringing.

Ok, ringing through SRRC

Is your friend beckoning?

Sorry, had connection problems, ringing now

Not getting you

Dang ok no worries. Gotta get off soon to go to bed anyway. Thanks anyway

Does the dank memelord Micolash get harder on NG+?

I've got 30 vit and15 end with 10% and 15% stamina runes. Which should I level up? I'm level 84 now and I'm about to go in the defiled dungeon

What are your other stats?

Also, no need to level END anymore, really.

For clarity I have 50 skill and I'm using the saif and cane which is why my end is so low.

One shots with a call beyond if he didn't last playthrough

other guy here
>>no need to level END anymore
shit really? I have 30 end, is that too much? is there a softcap?

It isn't too much, you just had better shit to spend those points on. Don't worry about that shit unless you're perfecting a PvP character though. For PvE you can level as much as you need to.

30 is definitely pushing it.

The stamina consumption for dodging and most weapons in BB is so low that 20 is really the most you should ever have, and even that is a bit excessive. Stamina runes are useful because they don't require you to waste levels on END.

Level VIT.

Hmm, the answer is yes. His Augur of Ebrietas hits hard af.

So, what's the trick when it comes to OoK. Sometimes it feels like I'm doing pretty well against him but then he proceeds to rape me with his placenta blade thingy.

My trick was to ring in /bbg/. But that doesn't answer your question. So no I really don't know. I fought him plenty of times before giving in and never even came close to winning. He's brutal.

Savescumming on a lvl 4 playthrough, what's your thoughts on this? To make each attempt at a boss not waste any paper/pellets per attempt. Would you consider this 'cheating' ?

He's designed to fuck with everything you know about dodging. He's a right bastard to fight, but he's a great fine. You have to be fast, diagonally dodging works much better than dodging in or out.

In his second phase, you can dodge the lightning pretty well in the water, but if you run right to the entrance of the arena, it straight up can't touch you.

I have no idea what you even just said so I can't answer your question

>replying anyway

I think some purists would and I can understand why, but for fuck's sake some of the stuff at BL4 is insane, we can't all be Korean.

So don't worry user, even though we would have never known had you never told us, it's fine.

well, if the point is a challenge you're sort of bitching out by making it easier for yourself but it's not like anyone is gonna call the bloodborne police on you for doing it

>you're sort of bitching out by making it easier for yourself
Is doesn't seem any different than farming echoes/insight to buy more buffs, should I run out.

except that it's easier and less punishing to run out of vials and bullets if you can just reload than if you have to farm for them
you seem to be pretty set on doing this so just do it no one will care

True, but it's not exactly difficult to farm, just time consuming.

yeah it's not going to make the game more difficult but it will incentivize you to try not to waste resources more than savestates do

What's your favorite ending, /bbg/? And why?

Becoming the new host of the Dream. I like the idea of being the wise old hunter in the wheelchair keeping the hunt alive by helping any thirsty hunter that comes along. I'll also be their epic boss fight at the end of their hunt.

>tfw trying to name characters

Yharnam Sunrise. It's a boring ending, but the only one which presents any kind of positive outcome for your hunter. You wake up, freed from the dream, the nightmare of blood and beasts is over, you did some monumental things that you can now forget because it's stuff man was not meant to know.

Becoming the new Gehrman is a terribly tragic ending and the most futile, all your actions were seemingly for not. You're now a slave to the Nightmare and the nameless Moon Presence. You're going to sit in that chair for countless eons and rot and your memory fade like Gehrman's.

Becoming a squid is the most interesting, and most risky. You achieved what Byrgenwerth and the Church never could, you became a squid and seemingly have achieved the evolution sought by so many now dead madmen. But of course that's just a human perspective on it. Do you really, truly know exactly what you've done? Or what you've become? All for the loss of your humanity, to embrace the Nightmare and the alien horror that has now consumed three civilizations. Will you perpetuate it? End it? Misuse it? Fix it? Who knows. Alternatively, you played right into someone's hands and become the Nightmare Newborn, the surrogate child for the Doll, or who even knows, Oedon.

Do what I do - have a roster of pre-packaged names you like to choose from that can fit any occasion, genre or game. I use Kastaine, Tobias, Sophia and Sabbak as my go to names for stuff. Kastaine is gender neutral and sounds cool, Tobias for men, Sophia for women and Sabbak for fantasy/alien shit.

How's Yharnam in that ending anyway? I can never get a concrete answer.

Hunters axe- easier time dealing with mobs + range is useful for a lot of situations

Saw cleaver - Kills bosses very quickly with 20% extra damage to beasts + fire paper + beast blood pellet and decent attack speed

threaded cane - if you want to hunt with style

prove me wrong bros

is rakuyo worth going into NG+ to upgrade? i'm level 43 and i've exhausted all means of chucks minus chalice dungeons.

Based Tobias

Take what type of character it is (ARC, BLT, etc) or what weapons it uses and try to work around that.

Can someone post the edited comic of Micolash making the dog chimeras for no reason?

the Bible and Lovecraft are both excellent places to borrow names from for this game

The city's fucked, the Mensis ritual utterly destroyed it, but it's all over now. Hunter's Dream no longer ensnares hunters, Church is probably ruined, too.

Cane has range + speed + serrated in tricked mode, at the cost of the higher damage dealt by Cleaver and Axe. Added to that, becomes excellent in the later game with a Skill build. Cane isn't just style, my man.

what was he trying to do with these things anyway?

>yfw "One of your notes was rated fine."

>just as you're about to die

>sonyggers still only have one game

kek

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/

Q: Will I need to pay to update my existing PS4 game with new PS4 Pro features?

A: While nothing specifically prevents publishers and developers from this, we don’t anticipate it at this time. Software updates enabling PS4 Pro features on any existing first-party title (such as inFamous First Light or Uncharted 4) will be free.

>While nothing specifically prevents publishers and developers from this, we don’t anticipate it at this time.
>While nothing specifically prevents publishers and developers from this, we don’t anticipate it at this time.

paid online

paid patches

woah. so this is the power....

I don't think FromSoft even gives enough of a shit about Bloodborne to do a major patch for it, but man that's such a fucky option to allow.

you let this happen by supporting ps4

fag

paid patches

just wow

>mfw I have a note rated +250
mfw it's "treat darling with care, eventually seduction waits ahead"
mfw it's next to Eileen