/hbg/ Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. NTR CFW doesn't work at the moment. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good. Update to 5.5.1 recommended.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!zBFREAxQ!BjmLCgNopnZ8eDBKkYR6jDx0yK4IQZ7yl68EO64L9Bg
mega.nz/#!DB9B2LIb!AVWevmcmKElhnER7LhY7Jeemn0-KSE92FRWezai24os
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSkCfuDz5pmhjD7kabOf-dXBIYaZV0mOtbUIyMsAOos/edit#gid=1895969130
mega.nz/#!2MhhnIaY!_DUqkamfoCDxYKMYyteGAVrqeRNHwAX87fE5cylefLI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

guys i dropped my 3ds please tell me everything will be ok

first for Kyouko, Akarin, Jojo memes, and that one user who died trying to get Moero to work. Bless his heart

Hi /hbg/, which underrated 3DS RPG should I pirate today?

guys i need taiko dlc tell me where is it

1st for Eiyuu Senkii 18+

Alphadia or Grinsia. I love those Kemco RPGs. Generic as fuck but they hit the spot.
What?

It's dead, Jim. Nintendium died with this.

Did he ever release that? I remember some complaints about not being able to convert some audio files

Ah alright. Do I need to do anything to my SD card before I start following the guide to switch to al9h or can I just leave it alone. Part 1 mentions that the content can be restored after I finish switching so i'm assuming I don't touch any data on the SD card.

please dont i just want to kill myself fuck i cant fucking do it anymore

He said he was uploading it already but it's been like a day and half. or maybe 2?

What is the best NES emulator for Vita?

HOLY SHIT I NEED IOSU
EITHER THAT OR A TAIKO ISO WITH THE DLC ALREADY ON IT

Does anyone have a working link for Odin Sphere (USA) the one on the spreadsheet is down

Oh well I hope he comes back and gives us the link, it looked pretty sexy

FUCKING KILL ME. jesus christ i just want to fucking die

every time i buy something small i promise not to drop it but i always do somehow. so far ive dropped everythjing i owned

Im just afraid it might affect it long term and my hinge will break or something. i just want to cry

update to 12.0 it comes with mustard gas

as long as it's still in one piece and turns on, it's fine. maybe get a case for it if you're concerned about dropping it again.

Anyone got a Vita with Rejuvenate?

It'll be alright, user. Hang in there. I love you.

/hbg/ suicide party when?

Rejuvenate doesn't work anymore on 3.60, and Henkaku doesn't work pre 3.60 thus Henkaku and Rejuvenate can't coexist in a single Vita. Unless you can dual-boot that is :D

I'm fully aware. I might need some user to test a piece of code and give me the log file

Thank you user

What do you have in mind?, got a vita to spare.

Got a 3.18 and a 3.60 Vita to spare.

So, nothing interesting recently?

Things will get better, user. You'll make it, I know you will.

Ninjahax had been ported to the later fimware.
MaiDump Tool has an upcoming update
Vitamin is officially dead

> devs act like 12 year old
> stagnated scene just because they won't open source
> probablity of mai not releasing overseas present

I need some time to verify this first, but maybe you guys could answer this:
Is it possible to create log files/debugging output on Henkaku? I was told only Rejuvenate could do it. Is that correct?

Mai is currently on private beta testing, so how in the hell do people translate that into it not being released overseas? People need to understand runes y'know.

Can I get an answer for this please?

> probablity of mai not releasing overseas present
weren't they the ones laughing at flow for not releasing his shit?

Rejuvenate can do it for I've seen text file logs whenever I launch it.

As for Henkaku, I think you can do it, though the only instance that I see a "log" being written is when an application crashes and a crash log is written on ux0:data/ . Not sure.

is that the last nintendium or the first not to use it

/hgb/ I fucked up. I transfered my emunand to my bigger sd but because of this for some reason my 3ds wouldn't auto boot into emunand. I tried using broswerhax on 9.2 sysnand but it's not fucking working it always freezes on a red screen. Anyway to fix this?

The last.

My original DS still works, but the battery lasts for about 30 seconds unplugged.

FBI keeps spitting out errors whenever I try to install anything with it. Is there any way to fix it?

Red screen means it's looking for the boot file and it can't find it, so make sure you actually put it in the root

I have been though user.

Buy a new one?
1000mAh battery is +-$14.

Well I've got a 3DS now, I'm not really using it anymore.

I dunno what to tell you then, red screen means it's not loading boot.3dsx

I see, thanks user

Should I play SMTIV before SMTIVA or is apocalypse just better?

How come there is no MeiQ or Omega Labyrinth dumps yet?

It's a sequel so you may want to play the first before Apocalypse

the dumper won't dump them properly. wait for next update

the boot.3dsx from the starter kit not luma's

Not possible to dump either of these with current tools... Im waiting for a broken dump to be uploaded to try a manual repair job but so far I've not found any broken dumps to toy with

Do they make these or anything like these for the N3DS Standard size? please im so sick of wanting to kill myself from dropping my 3DS

i have one. i wish you couldve told me sooner

3 (three) fucking attempts already, 2 in mega and 1 in google drive with at 960kbps upload speed. Right now google drive is stuck in "uploading...", 10h have been passed and the file is only 2.31GB, so yes, is fucked. Will try again with mega I guess

That looks fucking hideous

This makes me sad. I would settle for a broken dump to see if it's fixable, though.

I agree but i cant take being suicidal all the time.

Do it. It's a good game and chances are if you don't like IV, you won't like apocalypse.

time to become Veeky Forums and fix that hormonal imbalances my friend

mega.nz/#!zBFREAxQ!BjmLCgNopnZ8eDBKkYR6jDx0yK4IQZ7yl68EO64L9Bg

mega.nz/#!DB9B2LIb!AVWevmcmKElhnER7LhY7Jeemn0-KSE92FRWezai24os

No I cant do it. i just want to die

>"An Error Has Occured" during downgrading
Dammit
I was using Ninjhax to get to the homebrew menu on my N3DS, can't seem to get it to work again with this partial downgrade problem. Can't seem to use browserhax either since I just get the "You must update to use the browser" message too

Anyone have any experience getting out of this mess?

Oh wait nevermind, Ninjhax decided to work again
Panicked over nothing I suppose

So I had all my stuff set up with emunand months ago and was too lazy to change it, but now my 3DS doesn't want to boot into Cakes when I hold the button. Anyone have advice? The SD card reads correctly on my computer and my sysnand is still at 9.2.

Thanks user. I've downloaded them to my phone (in case they get pulled from mega) - if we don't get a new MaiDumper by this weekend I'll have time to work on this. I've got development. suprx files and also working dumps of other games from this developer, so there are a few tricks to try, just time consuming ~

please make it work user. if there's any game i want for vita, it's only omega labyrinth

For you, I'll work on it first. Stay strong user... All things in time.

Sorry. Let me ask over here since we migrated and I didn't realize it.

So um.... what are some good undubbed/uncensored 3ds games I can download now? One of the reasons I hacked this thing was so I could play games that are more true to the original creation. Any that anons would recommend that are in english? All I have downloaded right now is the uncensored version of bravely second.

When life gives you lemons...

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSkCfuDz5pmhjD7kabOf-dXBIYaZV0mOtbUIyMsAOos/edit#gid=1895969130

HELP FILL THIS DOC, MOTHER FUCKERS. IT HAS ALL VITA TITLES ALREADY IN IT.

that looks comfy

Is it ok to charge your 3ds/vita on a naked socket? Or should i always use a surge protector.

Too bad about the sound.

yes

still has a headphone jack

Roughly how long can I expect Luma installation and GW emuNAND restoration on a 9.2 O3DS to take?

an hour

wait, Uppers already works? how is it?

So I've done the whole a9lh setup for a friend from his fresh 3DS before, but I've hit a small snag setting up my N3DS. I wanna transfer my shit from my old 3DS' emunand, still running rxTools and shit, but the guide only specifies what to do for transfering from one a9lh setup to another.

Basically I've got my N3DS up to the point where you'd restore from the NAND.bin using Hourglass9, and I have my EmuNAND.bin dump from my old 3DS, dumped with Decrypt9, but it's not appearing as an option to restore from in Hourglass9.

Does anyone know what to do from here?

you have to do a system transfer from emunand to a9lh and it doesn't appear as an option because if you could use it you would end up with a big fat brick so it's a good thing hourglass9 is retard proof or else you would've just now fucked your 3ds up

Oh well that's simpler. I'll just finish setting up a9lh then.

>>>/420chan/

That place used to be decent for jab comics. Wonder if it still is

ctrl f "One Way Heroics"
ctrl f "God Eater 2 Burst"

0 of 0

of

Can you pirate DLC for vita games?

How many systems do you all have capable of piracy? I have, 3DS, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Yes, but you shouldn't pirate

PS2 DS 360 PS3 Wii Wii U 3DS PSP Vita
>tfw all those games you don't even play

Dreamcast
PS2
GBA
Xbox
DS
PSP
Wii (Gamecube)
PS3
3DS
Vita

So i succesfully installed lumacfw but couldn't transfer my rxtools emunand. I should have a backup though.

i would love to have my savedata back at least. Are there ways to rescue them?

>forgetting 360

Literally posted this a few days ago
mega.nz/#!2MhhnIaY!_DUqkamfoCDxYKMYyteGAVrqeRNHwAX87fE5cylefLI
It's not one way heroics, it's spike chunsoft take on the IP, they added a bunch of dumb mechanics from the shiren series, lots of downgrades in terms of form factory/menus.
And the fucking game runs like absolute shit on vita and pc.

oh

well thanks, user!

That takes a NAND mod doesn't it? Is there a solderless solution?

Learn to solder your shit. Its fun.

>installing a9lh
>part 3
>need data_input_v2.zip
>torrent has no seeds
>mega link is dead
>gdrive mirror give me aeskeydb.bin instead

wat do

nothing