All of the old cars are rusting away

>All of the old cars are rusting away

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not in the south or out west.

I just leave it in the packaging like i do my limited edition animu collection so no rust or dust for me.

>not enjoying the rust

We get surface rust in the south but nothing debilitating like the Swiss cheese rocker panels you find up north/on the coasts. Pic related, I'm in TN and I saw this yesterday. Strangely the other side looked a lot better.

>start sanding a treating a rust spot
>turns out to be 10 times bigger than you first thought

I also saw this at a Firestone store, pretty sure it belongs to an employee because I've seen it there on multiple occasions. Anywhere else, this thing would have already disintegrated twenty years ago.

I sometimes feel like taking a trip to Japan on a boat and simply go out kidnapping abandoned cars.

I'm just gonna keep posting pictures I've taken of local rusty cars/cars I'm surprised survived because why not.

Most old cars got scrapped with the government schemes that were put into place across the west, in the UK you got £2k for your banger, someone tried to trade in a V12 XJS near me and the dealer refused.

A rusty Italian car? I can't beleive my eyes.

This one hurts every time I see it. It's been on the lot for as long as I've been visiting it, and I think I first started going there like, two years ago now? Clearly they don't want to scrap it either but like, how much longer can they keep it around?

If I ever win the lottery I'm just going to start walking through junkyards with an assistant and point to everything I want to save.

Another one on the same lot. The color makes it kind of hard to tell where the paint ends and the rust begins.

I beefed.

>That MGB GT
NOOO

forgive me for not knowing, but what kind of car is that?
I never understood why people trade expensive as shit cars in for government programs, do they just not care at all?

South is a good place to look for cars but stay away from South Florida.

My 87' 300zx was from Georgia and only had surface rust, the frame was bent up below do to improper jacking so it grew rust and the windows and taillight leaked so that also grew some rust back there. Over all it was a good example and surface rust is nothing to worry about.

The 300bhp refurb version the had on top gear looked amazing, someone one the other end of my street had a good example.

Same lot once again. They have a section just for pretty much everything pre-1980s. It's not huge, but it's fun to walk through. I have more pics from it but they aren't particularly rusty.

Coasts are worse than up north in my experience. I'm biased but I think TN is one of the best states to find classic cars in, because not only do they usually survive nicely, they tend to be cheap as well. The Fairlaine in is asking $8500 and I'm pretty sure it runs and drives.

Guy I work with has one in excellent shape, and a standard MGB convertible in pretty good nick as well.

Its always some old woman who doesnt know better. Happens a lot, in Edinburgh another old woman was trying to sell out her husbands crap from the garage when he died, before someone mentioned the 1930's bugatti he had would be worth a bit of money, Ended up going for over £1.5m.

South Florida has nearly no rust though

All native cars are still in pristine shape

Because they're too fucking retarded to know, or even make the slightest effort to figure out, the value of their car.
>Lol a car is just a car, it just gets me to the mall and back. New cars are better, I want a Camry because it has heated seats and looks swoopy and fast so it's a sports car

Gun buybacks experience the same phenomenon
>Grandpa left all these stupid guns, DURR guns are bad, if I bring them to the buyback I can get a $100 Target gift certificate for this mint Colt Python, what a deal!

We can rebuild them

I keep trying to figure out what was going on with the paint on this thing every time I see it and I've just never managed to. It's like, they got halfway through respraying it (I'm assuming while the front was still attached) and then just gave up. I assume they gave up because of the rust, but it was clearly bad enough to see it before they even started the project, so what the fuck.

I didn't mean to stay away from South Florida because of rust. It's not an issue, hell not even the sun beating down and ruining paint/ dashes is an issue. It the kind of people down there that abuse their cars and ask too much for them. Craigslist is absolutely atrocious down here, stick to to Tampa/ Orlando and up.

Its an mgb gt

Sometimes you find old classic that are maintained and since the roads are smooth but boring to hook on they're usually not that beat up

I'll add that even the U Picks/ Junk Yards are horrible down here. They all got bought out by LKQ which only allows econoboxs to fill the lot so they can sell and move them easier.

I don't really have anything to say about this one, just a typical rusty Corvair.

It's not Florida specifically, just southern cars near the coast are usually worse than the ones further inland in my experience. I'd avoid Florida anyway though because I have absolutely no patience in that kind of humidity to stand there and haggle with someone.

>tfw live in Wisconsin

Is humidity here that bad to non natives?

>florida

Yeah, except for the part where Floridians were walking cases of retardation

I've pretty much officially ran out of super rusty cars, this one is a stretch but I'll post it anyway. Same garage the Fairlaine is at.

They recently opened an LKQ down in Chattanooga, I've been thinking about checking it out since they have 2 E34s currently and my car comes up rarely in junkyards. Never been to them before, though.

Dude even the humidity here is too much for me, let alone Florida. I want to fast forward to January and then just lock the calendar there.

Found one last picture going through my phone. Don't worry if you're getting tired of me, this is the last one I have. I should try to find more of these to take pictures of, though. They deserve to be remembered in some way.

It's true... I'm from Miami and you have to leave the State to find anything good. Luckily the owner of the car I found had just moved over, it wasn't even registered in state yet.

I had checked out other listings and Florida just sucks for cars man.

>93' Fox body 4 cyl, it was ragged to hell and had rust in places mustangs dont even get rust and wasnt even running.
>84' 300zx, I drove far and it wasn't as described, the trunk was eaten through...
>86', 87' 300zx sold as a pair, the owner got angry at me over the phone and refused to sell when I asked him specific details like Rust and VIN for Title status...
>87' 300zx, N/A to Turbo conversion with cut springs and welded diff, owner gave me a sad story to explain the mess.
>86' 300zx, abandoned project.

>>All of the old cars are rusting away

That's because all the automotive restoration shows have made it a trend to restore old cars and flip them for ridiculous money.

So people that have rusting hulks think their cars are worth more than they really are, since they are valuing them at what a restored car would cost.

So many people can't afford to buy the rusted out ones sitting on someone's yard since they want too much money for them.

No, you don't have a $50,000 car. You have a $2000 rusted out hulk that I'll need to put $30,000 in it to restore.

>nothing left but the frame
>afraid to touch it in case it just instantly disintegrates
>"I want fifty million dollars for it no lowballers I know what I have!!!!!!!"

>I know what I have!!!!!!!"
It's "I know what I got!"

Antigunners are the scum of the earth

how dumb can you be
if you have a rusted out shell why would you not just take 2k for it, i mean what are you losing

They're sleeping, user.
Go wake them up.

I love cars like that where the cab is way in the back.
The front seat is where the back seat should go, leaving a fucklong engine bay.
sexy.

You now realize how many cars have been abandoned due to the Fukushima disaster
(pic may not be related)

;_;

How much would they sell it for to you? I can't imagine them wanting more than 500 bucks for the chassis if it's there for the scrapping.

This thread...
youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0

>tfw you will never move to the Fukushima exclusion zone with a bunch of Veeky Forumstists and become a tribe of radioactive mutant hoons, launching occasional raids on nearby cities for food, cars and parts, and qt Japanese girls to procreate with

>tfw you will never be a ricer stalker