Want to buy new mustang

>Want to buy new mustang
>Go to dealership
>Ask if I could take it for a test drive
>Sales guy looks at me like I'm crazy and says "are even serious?" in a disgruntled voice
>Tell him I have a 800+ credit rating and could make a 20% down payment (which is true)
>his phone rings
>he walks away to answer it and never comes back.

why the fuck are sales people such shit?! No I have to drive 2 fucking hours to the next closest Ford dealer

Find a different salesman, explain what the other guy did and buy it from them. Make sure the first guy is around.

>go to the Ford dealership with my girlfriend
>walk around the lot sales person comes up asks what were looking for
>for shits and giggles let him know im interested in the new V8
>before even talking about finance rates price or anything he is already signing out a set of keys
>drive off without girlfriend by accident
>this has been was a recurring fight and now funny story about how I left her there to test drive a mustang

Either you went in looking like a bum or youre autistic and dont know how to talk to people. Sales cucks are usually desperate to get you to sign on the line

No one's going to put the liability of a 50,000 dollar car in the hands of anyone under the age of 25.

That didn't happen.

t. silicon valley tech worker, fresh out of college, with no idea how to carry himself like an adult

>I-im a car enthusiast guys

Went down the same way when I was checking out a BRZ. Unfortunately the car was shit.

It was excellently entertaining to bargain on the deal when I had absolutely no interest in signing. The salesguy and manager were shitting themselves.

No fuck that place I'm not giving them my money unless they fire him

I have a perfect driving record and insurance. What's the big fucking deal? How do they expect to sell cars if they are only going to let certain people test drive them?

>How do they expect to sell cars if they are only going to let certain people test drive them?
Okay user, how old are you?

I beg to differ. When I was 21 I got a test drive in a V8 Challenger, a V8 Camaro, and a V8 Mustang all in the same day

Green text?

Definitely isn't from the Silicon Valley - he said the next closest Ford dealer was 2 hours away.

Maybe from the Midwest?

i bet op doesnt have an 800+ credit score

Midwesteners are very friendly. Maybe OP is from the Northeast.

You're right, just anyone should have the opportunity to fuck up a ton of shit with little to no reprocussions.

If you couldn't get a test drive, you must've been acting like an awkward fuck and/or professional autist

By different salesman, he meant the dealership on the other side of town.

Then you bring your car to the first dealership with the stickers still on it and tell them all about it and why you bought it where you did.

It won't accomplish much but it'll be fun.

Likely a midwestern or Dakotan oil/gas worker. Same pay as Silicon Valley weebs, just double the work.

Same here I even told him look I work at the bank I can get decent finance rate so what do you do in terms of cash back to lower my amortization period

"uhh.... uh... I dont know user I need to check with my manager"

"Thats alright here is my cell phone number call me when you find out"

and I never answered his calls

I'm from New England. It's not hard to do here.

Reminds me of a story my grandpa used to tell me. It was 1967 or some shit, working at a chevy dealer.
Beach bum comes up saying he wants to buy a new vette. Long hair, shaggy beard, holes in clothes, sandals, exec.

One sales person pretty much blows him off and says for him to get the hell out of there. The next day he comes back and my grandpa didn't have jack shit else to do so he humors him and lets him drive. He was surprised he even had a license.

When they get out he says "I'll take it!, how much? as he proceeds to whip out like 10g's in cash. Uhh that'll be 4000 sir.

You never know whos got the money user.

Don't they have insurance for that kind of shit, and make you sign a liability waiver anyway?

>New England
Called it. Somebody owes me a beer

Pretty much this. I just gave a sideways glance at a GT with a salesman standing 30 feet away and he was practically sprinting to get the keys. They must be able to smell vulnerability because I ended up buying the damn thing. He probably wasn't expecting to get $15k down though.

I was gonna say, I'm in north east KS and we have Ferd dealers coming out the woodwork. Any time I've interacted with salesmen around here they're over the top friendly because they want your money.

In the end OP went to a dealership acted like an autistic faglord and was surprised when they wanted him off their property

KEK

>fuck that place
Enjoy your 2 hour drive each way then.

Kek'd hard my friend. Cheers.

no, from SW Colorado.

I'm not OP fucknut

Oh. Smoke weed? I want to visit Colorado to smoke weed legally.

Sorry I'm drunk

>Bored on a Saturday a couple years ago
>Everybody has been talking the shit out of the BRZ/FRS, I ought to go see what it is about
>Go to Serramonte Subaru
>Stand next to BRZ in showroom
>HI user, CAN I HELP YOU?
>me: Yeah, I would like to drive one of these
>I will be back in a minute, just hold on
>Sales guy comes back in 2 minutes and waves at me to follow him. New BRZ with all options sitting idling outside. He motions me over to the drivers door
>Get in, make myself comfy
>I know this is going to be somebody else's car so I try not to wail on it too hard but get in a a couple nice 2nd/3rd/4th gear pulls and test out how much throttle I can apply coming out of corners, how it corners with no throttle/brake, what the brakes are like. Rev-match every downshift.
>This_piece_of_shit_is_a_miata_with_a_hard_top.jpg. The chassis/tire combo is literally terrible at squatting and putting down power, just like a NA/NB.
>Would you like to talk finance user?
>me: (still bored) sure
>Dealership tries to completely screw me on my trade in value, tells me the car is modified when it is stock (this is a subaru dealership not recognizing a stock subaru)
>Much back and forth with me politely threatening to walk multiple times
>Dealer offered me private party value on my trade in, all fees waved on the BRZ, car for list price (they had it marked up 4k) 2% APR on the loan. iirc out the door the loan was going to be for 25k
>me: Yawn, get up and walk for the door "All this haggling has made me loose my interest in buying a car today"
>user, what do you need to sign today?
>Shrug
>Manager and sales guy follow me out the door and watch me drive off

>These days I shitpost on Veeky Forums about how entry level the BRZ/FRS is and everybody tells me I have never driven one and have no idea what I am talking about.
>I kek

>autist goes to dealiershit to test drive new mustang
>normalfag salesman is butthurt that some autist is making more money than him
>acts like a 14 year old girl an takes a fake call
>autist buys a Chevy instead
>smug pepe in a corvette.jpg

>gf

This is why I know this never happened

Fuck I should do this just to test out cars. I'm 20 years old with good credit, the'd let me drive cars right?

call them and book a test drive.

>go to a dealership
>tell them what I'm interested in
>they let me go on a few test drives
>tell them I'll probably pay a majority in cash
>they aren't douchebags about it

I don't even look like I have money I'm just another college student but I've been saving up. Idonno OP, it depends on the car salesman you talk to.

I've met some really bro tier car salesman, and one really awesome saleswoman. Only once did I have a problem with a salesman, it was some fat fuck who I could tell wanted to get me out of the door as fast as possible

Idk I was 27 when I did this (im going bald so I look older) and I was pulling down high 5 figures.

Also, I think crucially, I had the confidence of a man who does not give a single fuck. I had spent tens of thousands of hours on performance driving and the car I was testing was worth about a third of what I was making in a year, all in all it was just for fun. Plus I didn't care what they thought about me afterward. Getting thrown off their property was as enticing of an outcome as having them fall over themselves trying to get me to sign on the line.

When you have much more money than they want, and you already have much better cars than you are testing, the whole thing just becomes a play date.

>I'm basically a teenager
>I have good credit because I haven't had any time to ruin it yet
>They'll let me drive brand new vehicles, right?

Haha. No.

Colorado here as well, for some reason Ford only hires cunts in this state

Where do you live that they won't let you test drive cars? I'm 21, walked into the dealership and they let me test drive a new civic. It's not a 50k car, but still.

+1 I had zero issues getting an MB dealer to let me test drive my E63 which I eventually bought. I was 28 at the time, and look way younger (still carded everywhere I go)

$28,756.84 adjusting for inflation

corvettes used to be budget sports cars or what?

Drink more often so you age faster.

>19
>go to a used car lot and a dodge dealership
>get to test drive any car I ask

don't know what you did wrong op, maybe you're autistic

Once went to a Dodge dealership to check out and test drive a 2015 Challenger RT.
Salesman straight up told me there was zero point in talking to me if I wasn't there to buy.
Then proceeds to say I'm not man enough for the car all the while offering to get me a good deal.

I understood his strategy. Emasculate me so I feel the need to compensate for it by getting an aggressive car. Dude looked fairly experienced too. Can't help but wonder how often salesmen pull this shit with young males and actually succeed.
Couldn't walk out of there fast enough. Didn't even bother looking for another salesman.

>buying new

Do they ask your age or guess?
I'm better than most drivers I know with fast cars but I look a lot younger than that.

That just seems odd to me. I could understand that tactic if you're trying to sell to some guy in his midlife crisis, but most teenagers feel young and could not give less of a fuck what some old fuck has to think

>I'm better than most drivers I know
Everybody says this

Dodge buying are typically looking to compensate for something, regardless of age.

Probably going to get shit for this, but whatever.

>family owns multiple businesses
>dad has no time to go to dealership to get fucked with
>"hey son, can you go get me a mustang brochure, want to look at all the features and stuff"
>go to Ford, oldest guy comes up
>in an annoying tone "what do you want"
>"just wanted to get a brochure for my dad, he's into the Z28 but I'm trying to steer him to get the GT350"
>"we don't have any brochures for the mustang"
>areyousrs.png
>"the GT350 is also sold out, we don't have any"
>I know, you have them locked in at 5k produced a year only
>"yeah, some shit like that or whatever"
>walk off, guy follows me to see what car I'm driving
>go straight next door, sales guy gladly gives me one for the Camaro, says "I gotcha man, if you need any questions about the ZL1 or Z28, here's my business card"

What the fuck. No, I mean seriously. I understand they have the brochure and "build your own 350" bullshit online, but my 60 year old father is completely computer illiterate.

Why are car salesmen such assholes now?

Kek
>be 18 test drove brand new 2016 370z
>feels good to have nice car

I know that feel bro.
I also know this feel. I walked by a boxster (vw/mercedes/porche lot) and cast it a wistful look and a guy walked up to me keys in hand.

It really just depends. I was in my office casual work clothes both times.

Things (especially cars and property) used to be a lot, A LOT cheaper 50 years ago. Like in range of 5 to 20 times cheaper for certain things.

Boomers lived in the most prosperous time of all history basically, we got the shit generation.

How old do you look?

every time i go to a car dealer i get lied to by a salesman.
example
i wanted a station wagon at the time, i think i was looking at a mercedes. i asked the sales guy if he could fine me a new one, like a dealer trade. he said no, they do not make them anymore blah blah. basically totally uninterested in a sale, could not be bothered.
i came back 2 weeks later to get parts, he had special ordered (dealer trade) a similar wagon to another customer, and was just doing delivery. i gave him a death stare because i am sure he remembered my conversation.

then last week i went to the volvo dealer to inquire about a v90, i asked if i could put an order in. the salesman did not even get out of his desk. just said no and basically fuck off

Lol me and a friend wanted to drive a new mustang just for the lolz so he put on his most cocky spoiled Persian attitude and we got to drive one no problem..
That same day we test drove a BMW M6 gran coupé and a Tesla S with ludicrous mode.. That was a good day.

Moral of the story, dont be a beta just fake it till you make it.

If you had a sales team that wasn't a bunch if incompetent fools, they would have thrown your ass out much before that.

I went to a dealer my Dad had been at before. Dad tells guy I'm serious about giving a car, he gives us the keys to a car that's already been sold (had the trim I wanted and almost all the options) and let us test drive it without him even being in the car. Made the sales experience much easier.

Next time I buy a Ford though (if I do) it'll be through X-Plan. I didn't get the best possible pricing on the car (X-Plan is below dealer invoice with no room for them to haggle).

>Tfw just moved to colorado from california and I'm already tired of hearing shit about weed.
Dispensaries on every corner sure do bring out the fucking weirdos, also why the fuck does everyone drive like theres still snow on the ground?

You can generally do better than xplan if you take your time and haggle.

See while I don't share it, I understand the desire to waste a bunch of salesman fools' time with stuff like this. But your own time? I could think of so many things that would be more entertaining than leading a bunch of salesmen on for hours straight...

Cause there's dispensaries on every corner you nut

>sw colorado
>2 hours from next dealer
>love for a shit car
Brandon they won't let you test drive because you don't have a job

>go into dealership for to buy cars
>settle on a kia forte because cheap
>computer systems are down so I spend like an hour kicking around the dealership waiting
>test drive two mustangs and a focus rs for fun
>after I've already bought a car

>go to used car lot
>gen 4 3.0R liberty with full trim
>$6.9kAUD
>gets keys out ready to go for test drive
>talking about car, asks when I'm planing on buying it
>"within a week"
>"well you'll be wasting both our time then, it'll be gone by friday" (it's wednesday)
>OK.jpg
>leave after a quick inspection

It's been a month since then, now the ad for that car is $4.6k, thinking of heading in again and offering them $3.5k and then walking when they try to drive it up.

That's what you get for sucking Ford cock

I feel like taking a weekend to test drive some cars but with no plans to buy anything. Would that be a dick move?

>Want to buy new mustang
>Go to dealership

I got the same treatment being a fresh new kid walking into the dealership. But then one salesman asked where I worked. Microsoft as software design engineer. Then the salesman was much better. He was prolly thinking I was stockboy at walmart.

Depends on the area. Dealers in my areas are a bunch of cunts.

If you're willing to go based off what's on the lot and what they want to move - then you get a lot more negotiating power. If you order the car based on the features you want - you're captive and probably can't do better than the X-Plan.

That's because cars back then were simple and easy to make. Do you know the amount of RnD gay goes into cars today? A fuck ton.

yes, why would you purposely waste multiple peoples' time? it is their job to sell cars, just like you have a job to provide for your family

>>I have good credit because I haven't had any time to ruin it yet
I don't think you know how credit works.

Like most faggots probably like a 13-16 year old

Mustangs don't cost $50k europoor

>Looking for a car since the bike cant get me through the cold canadian winters
>see a dealership selling a used 2000 v6 mustang in near perfect condition
>they let me test it immediately & I was able to get it for 3k since nobody drives manual anymore

you just got some poor luck OP

>be me a few years ago
>17 yo covered in mud and donut glaze from two jobs
>lock myself out of shitbox
>walk to stealership and gawk at '96 trans am
>red 350 auto
>salesdude immediately walks over and asks if I want to take it for a drive
>climb in, start it up, and go to put in drive
>notice sticky note saying no test drives, tie rod ends need doing
>cri

>moved to colorado from california and I'm already tired of hearing shit about weed.

your kind is the problem retard

Nah, no you didn't.

>No fuck that place I'm not giving them my money unless they fire him
The point here is that if you talk to a different sales person (or the sales manager) then not only will the initial sales person likely be fired (especially if you buy the car from them) but you have a bit more negotiating room.

Same thing for me but at a Subaru dealer while looking at the new WRX.

How you getting this high? I have like 3 credit cards that I charge with and pay off right away for years now and still i'm mid 700s

Are you carrying balances? What are the limits like? Any late payments?

Your best bet is getting your parents to put you on their cards as authorized users. For most scoring purposes, they're considered equal to lines that you have payment responsibility for. Greatly increases amount of available credit/payment history and average age of account which jumpstarts your score.

I'm 31, little late to ask for mom and dad now. I make 65k a year carry no balance from month to month.

I check Credit Karma and they say having to few accounts open is a bad thing. I have like 5 credit cards. I use 2 of them regularly

Hilarious, some autists think you can't even test drive a car at a dealership. If they turned you down, you came off as a retard.

>I'm 31, little late to ask for mom and dad now. I make 65k a year carry no balance from month to month.
Not really.
>they add you to a credit card they've had for a long time for stellar payment history
>they can give you the card or not, doesn't matter
>within 3 months, card should appear on your credit report, greatly boosting score
This assumes your parents pay the bills for the credit card on time and don't have insane balances. You don't have to charge a cent or even have physical possession of a card.

Amex used to have a neat trick where if, say, I was born in 1990, but my parents had an amex from 1985, it would show the line opened in 1985. And then when you applied for your own Amex, it backdated the "account open" date on credit reports to 1985... made it possible to have an average age of account older than the person who was applying for credit! Sadly they closed that one. But if you have a line that your parents have had open for 10+ years, between the average age of account and payment history it would be very beneficial to be added as an authorized user, regardless of your own age.

3 of my 5 credit cards have been open for 10+ years.

Should I be paying my balance off completely each month? Should I just get a few credit cards willy nilly?

>3 of my 5 credit cards have been open for 10+ years.
Uh, OK. Any auto loans, student loans, home loans? 3 lines being open that long generally should lend itself to a better credit score, unless you have high balances or delinquencies (bankruptcies, charged off accounts for non-payment, etc.)

>Should I be paying my balance off completely each month
Yes, yes, fucking yes. Your credit report shows (98% of accounts) the balance when your statement is issued. They don't know if you're charging shit each month and paying it in full, making a partial payment, or the minimum payment. If you pay in full you avoid interest charges. Just try to occasionally charge your cards some amount (even a pack of gum) so your banks don't close them. (People often "sockdrawer" cards for month that they don't get good rewards on, then occasionally buy something small on them and pay it off to keep them active).

>Should I just get a few credit cards willy nilly?
Your score isn't great to get good terms or better rewards cards, so I need more context first before I make a recommendation. Where are you getting your score from?

>1

5k in student loans that I could pay off but just carry the 60 bucks a month bill. Besides that nothing else

>2
It's what I do, one of my cards is an amazon card with 5% back. So I use it and pay it off each month for that cash back

>3
Credit Karma which is only 2 of the 3 and no FICO score

Your score sounds incredibly low, CreditKarma can be very wrong in either direction. Trying not to be a creep but I get my real FICO score from multiple issuers a month and between them I hit all three bureaus. What credit cards do you have *exactly* and how long have you had them? In my case my CreditKarma scores are about 10-15 points higher than my FICO scores (but past 760 FICO it rarely matters, you get the best possible terms anyways).

>5k in student loans that I could pay off but just carry the 60 bucks a month bill. Besides that nothing else
What's the interest rate here? You may be doing yourself a disservice. Yeah the payment history helps but even when it's closed the account/payment history will stick around for seven years. If your credit lines aren't big it may be hurting you in terms of judging your overall credit and getting unsecured credit.

For context, I got a 0.0% APR loan with a 795 FICO when I was 24. The finance manager ribbed the sales guy on me having both better credit and income than him.

To get better credit earlier, it is kind of a game and it isn't absolutely 100% intuitive.

Go buy it somewhere else, go back and tell the sales manager about the guy that brushed you off.

That dude is going to get shitstormed

t. lot guy

If the sales guy ignores you, send letters to the CEO, President & VP of sales of the car manufacturer, and at least one local news station.

$2 in postage will get people falling all over you to save reputation. Money well spent.

Texans can't drive is the reason, neither can coloradans but the Texas drivers just make it worse

>PFFCU 12 years 5k limit, only use it bi monthly

>Expedia Visa 6 years ish, only use to once a year for vacations

>BoA Card 12 years, hardly use it.

>Amazon Card, 2 years use it all the time

>Capital One card, 10 years, never use it

As far as the student loans go, its 6% and its only 3k. Just checked it and I guess I haven't been keeping track of it.

I don't think I ever paid a bill late in my life. And since I finished school I don't carry a balance.

I really don't understand how credit scores work. I feel like I should have a much better score.

What is a better credit monitoring service? Credit Karma is free but no FICO score.

Are you charging more than 30-50% a month on any of those cards, even if you pay in full each month?

Your first two cards don't give access to your FICO score. Your BoA card might (from TransUnion), depending on the specific card. The Amazon card doesn't, Capone generally doesn't.

>I really don't understand how credit scores work. I feel like I should have a much better score.
It sounds like you should, but paying for a score unless you're auto/loan shopping doesn't seem prudent. Without knowing why your CK FAKO scores are low, I can only guess as to what you should do. Opening another credit account might help (and get you a real score as part of the terms & conditions) but if you have negatives it might be the opposite of what you want.

Yeah, ill look into the free FICO score cards if my BoA card doesn't offer it

Two things.

1. I was curious what the BRZ was like to drive after it has been talked up so much. It it had been good there was a strong chance I would have signed for one.

2. I've always bought my cars outright, so I was curious what sort of finance and trade in terms I could get (good practice). When they started falling over themselves I became curious how far they would go (again good practice).

If I go in to finance a car now, I know exactly how to play it.

>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>correct answer

Don't be such a bitch or life is going to be tougher than it has to be

>tfw got to test drive new $50k-$75k BMWs and Lexuses from dealers when 22

I guess I should have said that I'm at least as good as most of the people I know with faster cars than mine.

But I'm definitely better than at least some of people who went in and test drove a mustang without trouble.