(Cross-thread)

>Boring webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRd5QfIDT7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for recycled maymay which attracts the (You)'s

honda a best gs500 a shit

Be fair user, GS500 is the best beginner bike for poor people.

maybe my thread will stay up til this one is done

>Dirt bikes

nth for my Vstrom is gonna get pimped the fuck out

It is because Suzuki uses the worst suspension to keep the cost of their bikes down.

reminder that honda is bestest!!!

CBA to resize these

>he didn't start riding young on dirt bikes

im sorry your dad didn't love you user

Yeah suzuki and kawasaki use shit tier suspensions

I started riding ur mum when i was young, fagget!

enjoy my sloppy second faggit? I tore that shit up from day one

white power master race

Shit angle but it's a wicker sidecar on an Excelsior

Anyone else feel like a fucking genius whenever they perform some never-before-done maintenance on their bike?

Today, I tightened the engine mount bolts on my ninja. Probably doesn't sound like a big deal but believe me when I say it was a pain in the fucking ass. One of them came half way out while riding and the weight of the engine had it completely jammed. There was literally no way for me to get the fucking bolt to even move.

I came up with the genius idea of getting another bolt to screw in from the other side which removed a lot of the load. It was a pain in the ass but it worked.

tl;dr im a fuckin genius. about to open my own mechanic shop

Reposting from the previous thread since this thread was made as I was typing.

I'm having a difficult time deciding the model I'd like for my first motorcycle. I took the MSF and I'm getting my endorsement this weekend, I'm still not positive what kind of seating position I want. I know I don't need huge power or displacement, since I was right at home on the 200cc dual sport at the MSF class aside from the contortion act my foot had to pull to use the rear brake.

I'm 6'2" and 160lbs, I have a 34" inseam. Sitting in showrooms it seems like smaller bikes aren't by nature uncomfortable as long as the footpegs are low enough. I'm looking for something cheap and preferably fuel injected.

The newer CB300F has caught my eye since it's basically everything I'm looking for, but being so new it's a bit more than I'd like to spend. That means I'm looking more at the CBR250R. Anything else I should keep an eye out for? I'd like to spend $2500 or less.

(Repost cos new bread)

Isnt the RC390 shipped to Austria for product control?

Thanks for the advice though, I think more than anything I'd like a bike that's smooth, with enough punch to pull away faster than the Lebs in riced out Lancers that plague my area. Lane splitting ability is a must, so I guess something thin?

I'm sorry for starting a manufacturer-war in the thread, it's just with the new LAMs restrictions (Used to be >250cc only, now it's about power/weight) I'm spoiled for choice, which makes choosing a first bike a lot harder.
It was easy before, Ninja 250 all the way.

No lol

Wp is pretty good. But ive alway seen broken kawasaki and suzuki forks. Yamaha and honda always bend but they rarele brake in half.

riding around at below 30mph during your msf is a bit different to riding on the road.
klx 250 i rose on my learner course was fine for the learner course, they can't do much above 80km/h though.

GOD DAMN IT MAN DONT BRING THIS SHIT UP. THE RC 390 IS A COMPLETE PILE OF SHIT AND YOU'LL BE REGRETTING THE PURCHASE THE ENTIRE TIME. FIND AN ALTERNATIVE

Hey cuckbraker pls post modern reliable bikes.

Probably ran into a horizontal tree branch right across that section of the forks.

Any good earphone recommendations for full-face helmet?

Okay okay fuck sorry.
It's only attractive because it pushes the limits of the P/W ratio that I'm allowed as a new rider.

So what then, R3, Cb500x, old Ninja I can get for chump change?

Help needed with baik picking

Is it better to be more upright or more hunched over?

But even with cheese-tier tubes the triple clamps and the steering stem stiffen that area. Maybe the steering stem nut was loose enough to allow play?

Leverage should force the lower fork tube to bend before any of the upper components. Especially between the triples.

the rc390 is a fine bike, there is a meme that their rims break because of an indian vlogger that cracked a rim smashing into a huge pot hole, there is another meme that the ABS stops working because people never check their brake fluid and it goes stale.

watch vid if you want a decent review on the 390, they really aren't a bad budget bike.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRd5QfIDT7M

My guess is the bottom part of the fork slips up in the triple clamp and the top doesn't, basically the triple clamps are shit too.

why don't you go sit on a fucking bike before you decide

>upright
more comfy better for longer rides.
>hunched
more responsive and sharper turning and shit.

Fuuuuuuck, I know it's wishful thinking but I was really hoping for a general consensus.
I guess I can't really go wrong with an old Ninja 250/300 can I?

Theres 100's of pics of broken rims cant talk about the abs but i heard about some of the cought fire.

what ever floats your boat.

All from India.
You ever seen the roads in india?
No shit a light weight rim like that is going to break hitting massive pot holes day in, day out...
If you live in a 3rd world country put stronger/heavier rims on it.

When will japanese manufacturers bring fuel injected 450 dual sports to america?

>tfw no crf450L
>tfw no klx450S
>tfw no WR450r
>tfw no RMX450

living the meme coolaide

Just because its a meme...
India... i wonder what happened?

You have to understand that you are literally going to get rid of the bike no matter what so the least you can do is save yourself the frustration of taking a $2000+ loss trying to sell your meme R3 or RC390.

People don't realize that pre-gen Ninja 250s literally have the same HP as the RC390.

Just get a 2004 or 2005 EX250 and ride that shit to the bone. You will learn so much more than you would with a RC390 and you also wont end up like one of those retards that buys a R3/RC390, puts on adjustable clutch levers, an akropavic exhaust, and then sells it back to the dealership for a massive loss.

Well its a bike meant for india so theres no reason to them to be shit quality.

Look another broken duke 390... from India...
Must be good roads in India

>therefore your rims will break and you'll die

IF THE FUCKING RIMS BREAK BUY NEW RIMS UNTIL THEN JUST FUCK

>Justifying shit quality

not him but if your wheel breaks while you are riding you are in a world of ass-fuck

IKR? dont know why they dont care.

isnt the rmx a mx bike

indians can buy them, doesn't mean it was designed for Indian roads lol, all new bikes are designed for 1st world countries not riding down dirt roads that are never grated.

Highly unlikely the rims would break riding one around any euro/burger/shitposter roads

it looks like
to me
and I'm just saying
it looks like
>the rim broke

say shit quality a few more times and it might be true

they won't because you're not one of the .01% of these bikes in India who actually break

All bikes made in india were meant for the indian market but they ended selling them elsewere

maybe, i still wouldnt trust a bike made in india though. i try to buy exclusively japanese, mostly cuz im a poorfag

The RC390 is a race bike, why the almighty fuck would anyone buy one for road riding?

>expensive
>loud
>uncomfortable
>roller coaster torque curve
>hilariously tiny fuel tank
>vibrates like a motherfucker
>didn't even try to make the stock suspension or ABS good because they won't be used on a race bike

It's the Street Rossi Gixxer of lightweight bikes, useless for anything but being a squid.

>it's just the roads

Made in china bike rims dont explode m8

>tfw poor
>tfw want monster or speed triple
feels bad

Sauce/story on picture?

Yeah I suppose, do the Ninja 250's really pull that well? My friend on a GROM keeps up with a local chick on her 250.

Notice how every broken rim is accompanied by a dirt road?
Also there seems to be 7 images all up on google of duke 390's with broken rims and those 7 images seem to be the same 3 bikes.
so it has happened 3 times to people in India on 3rd world roads.

Its a shit bike guys.
trust the redditor maymays.

seriously you guys are fucking retarded, i thought you were better than to listen to indian reddit vlogger memes of all things.

Ktm a shit! If this triggers your autism or cant handle the banter pls leave dbt. Nobody is making you stay :)

>buying a street legal ktm
id love get my hands on ktm 300 doe

Honda < KTM

or in other words

KTM > Honda

Not all of them. The 2004/2005 Ninja EX250s were made with some of the best engines Kawasaki ever made (pound for pound). Not only did they make the engine weaker in the 2008 re-design, but they made the bike heavier.

The older 250s have more HP than a 2016 Ninja300. If you can get one, you should

Ktm a shit

honda a shit(tier)

you guys actually listening to reddit maymays from poo in loos triggers my autism, call ktm shit all you want they make many shit bikes.
be a waste of a 300

I thought it might come back to the Ninjas, the Hyundai Excel of the bike world.
Are the 500's worth looking at?

>a drag bike with aftermarket wheels
>a Yamaha
>an Indian bike
>a crashed car
What were you trying to prove again?

fuck off reddit

yes get a ninja 500 :,)

literally nothing you can do about it :^)

yeah, might as well get the beta

RM/RM-Z is the MX bike. RMX/RMX-Z is the enduro counterpart.

Actually I should be more specific about the Indian thing, it's a Bajaj Pulsar, which is important because the RC390 is a goddamn Bajaj KTM.

your wizardry more powerful than mine and i started this.

impressive.

took me like 5 seconds

No the RM450X is an RMZ450 with even worse suspension and a headlight.
Lets not call it an enduro bike because it sure as shit isnt competing in any enduro events.

I uh.
Is this sarcasm or...

yamaha has the best enduro and mx bikes

yaaaaassss

well that's just like, your opinion man

can we get back to dank memes dbt

that's strange because KTM seems to be winning all the enduro and MX competitions

>giant burger
>cold beer

lifes good

What do you mean?
ninja 500 is the best beginner bike for poor people.

i want it

tfw I want to eat ribs but then I would have to get off the computer for a while because it would leave my fingers dirty

I will be fair here... KTM has all the best riders.
No Toby price or Grabbo?
No Finke or Dakar for an example.

they're beastly race bikes but for normies its nice to have reliable bikes

Gotta give Yamaha credit for things like the yz250fx, that thing is fairly impressive.
40bhp from a 250, thats 5 shy of what 450's were making a few years ago..
125's make about 28bhp.

In saying that, not really fair to compare it to a 125 it would be racing one of these which is 38bhp and weighs 89kg