Picky parents, need help

>asian parents buy me a car
>asian grandparents think asian cars blow up, so they want me to get an american car (gmc, cadillac specifically)
>parents want me to get an suv because its "safer than smaller cars"
>i think i have a choice in this
>i pick a jeep patriot
>dad tells me to fuck off because it's only 4 cylinder, he has something against that. says jeep wrangler is a gimmick
>they keep pushing me to get a cadillac srx, or any other type of lame mom car
>i don't have a choice in getting my own car and i'm getting bullied into getting a terrible car
>no way convincing them, i tried

please help me find a good suv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7u_D6cGK9xM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In your situation, I would go for a 2010 Cadillac SRX Turbo.
2.8L V6 turbo. One year option. Rare and fast.

Just take the free car shit lord. And stop complaining

as a master automotive engineer, and as someone who once designed the rear quarterpanel of the 1969 mustang, i would argue that they buy you a geo metro

Personally, I really liked my 05' expedition. Get a truck or something with a "fuck you, I'll go where ever I want attitude". Larger cars don't have to be boring, there's a lot to be said for a big sidewall and high ground clearance.

2013 grand Cherokee srt8
Thank me later
Or a 93 gmc typhoon cause forced induction

>get a free tattoo on your forehead that says "FUCK NIGGERS"
>jeez why are u complaining about a free tattoo just accept it

>no Yukon XL

Shut up and buy a civic.

>asian grandparents think asian cars blow up, so they want me to get an american car

>asian grandparents think asian cars blow up
lol what

probably still think mitsubishi makes zeros

Ford Excursion?

How much $$$?

Trailblazer

oh fucking hell

Back when they were his age, whole cities blew up. Gotta think of it from their perspective.

My dad likes to haggle for hours. He wants it sub $25,000 god forbid if there's an interest rate > 1.5%

Well if your parents are anything like mine(also Asian)
Tell them that Cadillacs are nigger cars
You can press your luck and try to tell them that SUVs in general are nigger cars, but if they see through it, you're fucked

unexpected keks

I'd try for one of the BMW SUVs in that case
The newest one you can milk your parents for

Yesterday we were very close on getting one of these, but my dad didn't like that the interest rate was > 1.49%

Yeah. My mom was the same.
Just pick the car you want then go home. If she comes back with the car then cool. If not, live to fight another day

My grandma is the only one who has a bit of a fascination with black people, but she's the one driving the Cadillac. Thanks though

Tell him you want very bad and is American As it gets cause powah.
I'm sure you could convince him.

i feel your pain op, but I don't think my Asian parents are as bad - probably because I'm going to buy the car myself :^)

>dad: you work in an office get something respectable like a lexus or bmw/mercedes/audi
>mom: get a bmw
>me: herpaderpa fiat 124 turbo muh light weight muh tunability miat god musheen rwd dorifto stickshiftu

oh you

it really is the best feeling when you leave the nest and your parents still try to control you
But you can flip them the bird and say you can do what you want

Tell them to get you an Escalade and proceed to fuck bitches

>bitching about a free car

>says jeep wrangler is a gimmick

They are.

Make a list of 3 cars you will not budge on. Go to dealers with this list and don't become distracted, you know what you want and unless you find a diamond on the lot, don't even entertain anything else. IF you end up with a fucked ride because of mama and papa general tso, just trade it in in a few months and get what you actually want.

see

oh god. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Thank you for that.

>Complaining about parents giving him a free luxury car
What the fuck man?

Just tell them to buy you whatever, you're gonna crash it anyway chink.

that is a fucking retarded comparison, they're giving him (you) a fucking free means of transportation that you could potentially sell, not a fucking permanent racial slur attached to your forehead

stop being an entitled little shit dick, faggot

>a fucking free means of transportation that you could potentially sell, not a fucking permanent racial slur attached to your forehead
speaking of retarded comparisons

>speaking of retarded comparisons
yep, see

>yep, see
yep see

>waaah why don't they let me pick my first car that they're paying for in full!!!!?
>it isn't fair why are they oppressing me!!!!‽??

who are you quoting?

get Tacoma or a suv

In your dad's defense, the Patriot is a piece of shit.

I'd not consider any recent Jeep except maybe a Grand Cherokee. But then, if I was looking for an SUV, I'd rather have an older body-on-frame model anyway. Maybe a 2nd Gen Escape, or an Xterra...

you, nigger

let's see them (You)s

why are you so mad dude?

>be a total shit dick
>get called out on it
>y u so mad a me for? what did I do?

kys immediately

>kys
well done invalidating every single one of your posts lol

Get a GMC equinox and stfu

how so? what did you expect when you made this thread?

>guise pls help my parents want to buy me a thing how can I stop this madness?

sorry i forgot to mention when you invalidated all your previous posts you also invalidated your future posts as well

>SUV

Nah, son. Shoot for a station wagon.

>>asian parents buy me a car
get a 86 and swap the engine or save up get your own

Parents have shit taste

>You invalidated your posts
Holy shit, how underage are you?

Every don't forget to sage.

resorting to elementary school level tactics

get them to buy you a Cozy Coupe, it's cheap, Ameircan, and won't explode

stop commenting

>p-please stop
kek

>typhoon
>asian

Buy whatever google tells you has good resale value, ,move out, and replace it

>"Safer than smaller cars"
Alas, this was true once. Then everyone started driving them and the size advantages vanished. You kill sedan drivers and crash into van-thing drivers as normal, and you hit van-thing drivers far more often because they're driven by idiots.

Honda Pilot
It's made in the USA.

Get whatever is most expensive then leverage it in trade for a car you do want.

Get a Jeep Wrangler with the i6.

Or go super old school and take them get you a GMC Typhoon

>American
>SUV
>Comfy
>V8
>Masculine
>Good resale value
>generally reliable

crosstrek with manual

tbqh lmao who the fuck cares if you work in an office? They can't fire you for driving a shitbox.

>>parents want me to get an suv because its "safer than smaller cars"

Show them some IIHS videos of SUVs getting a "poor" ranking in the small overlap test, then show them some sedans getting a "good" ranking in the small overlap test.

It might change their mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=7u_D6cGK9xM

>stop being an entitled little shit dick, faggot
Why are poorfags always so salty? It's something he'll be stuck with for a while, possibly impractical if they think bigger is better and opt for something that guzzles fuel like mad because they fell for the SUV meme.

>>Masculine

wat

asians and respect or something
fuck everyone

He just wants to choose the car his PARENTS will buy for him. They dont know where and how he's gonna use it so they should let him pick out what he wants AS LONG as it's in the price range his parents are willing to spend. If he doesnt want the car all that money will be fucking WASTED (probably not all of it since it can be resold)

It's not about being respectable, it's about being predictable. They're the same word to some people.

Wear suit = drive black or silver sedan from a self styled luxury brand

>15520634 user here

OP you should persuade them not to buy you an SUV. The fucking fuel costs alone will probably exceed the cost of the car in like 2 years MAX and its impractical as all hell.

Aren't asian cars like the epitome of reliability? lmao pick a nice 370z, that should be the best 25k can get you, and its a beast (350hp)