youtube.com/watch?v=yexrO1QuvXc&feature=youtu.be
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v
youtube.com/watch?v=-14qpQ546G0
youtube.com/watch?v=hf7X45B2SUc
youtu.be/-jynbZLV7c4
youtube.com/watch?v=P6SCYfYK4pE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YO WADDUP!!!

Are you gonna be joining the Bloodshades, /dsg/ ?

I love bullying Kriemhild!

also link the previous thread you fucking faggot

From Dark is blatantly weaker than fire, because the buff spell doesn't gain dual scaling (scales only with faith even when using caitha's/sunless, and is a weaker version of other buffs even then), the spells either have weak damage output or bad mechanics, and they don't have a reliable nuke spell like all of the other schools do. Faith is the worst offensive caster at any level, but they get the best buffs and DMB does ignore the lightning defense End would give. Sorcerers have the highest offensive damage output, but their buffs are the worst and their spells have too much windup to hit anyone with half a brain. The main advantage of Int investment is that most people don't have the flat magic reduction that comes with Int investment and the Dusk Crown also boosts magic damage on weapons like Moonlight Greatsword for a penalty that no non-int or fth build would be able to exploit.

Pyro with crystal chime doesn't get maximum damage on soulmasses and spears, but they get very close while also being able to cast miracles. On top of, you know, having the much better pyromancy school.

Newbie here
How does poise work in DaS3?
I got invaded in Irithyll dungeon and got R1 spammed to death.

>Dark is blatantly weaker than fire
I'm talking about infused weapons and not spells. Vestiges will always rape people, even if it's 610 instead of 660 per cast it doesn't matter. Dark/crystal infused weapons suffer the least of all weapon types from higher level damage reductions.

Yeah, in dark souls 2

Favor and life are the first two rings you should for-sure have unless you need specialty rings like sage or bellowing due to not being on a quality build.

After that you should have SPR, a +5 ring, Leo, and/or Hornet, the latter of which can be hardswapped if you're that sort of person.

Chloranthy +2 gives you an additional 9 stamina per second. Your base regen is like 45 points per second. The ~4 levels of endurance added by favor are far more important.

A guy who farmed some equipment at lower levels started seeing signs from other people who farmed some equipment at lower levels.
The only issue at release was the NG divide, so you couldn't summon NG+ players, but that was fixed.
Why are you making shit up?

it makes hyperarmor (unstaggerable frames that some weapons' attacks have) slightly better
that's it

>started seeing signs from other people who farmed some equipment at lower levels
which never happened
t. someone who really loved to do coop when ds2 was just released

>poise
some weapons have hyperarmor frames. Poise is required for them to have any effect. Allegedly having more poise gives you a few extra frames, but it's a negligible effect. Nothing can hit you more than twice in a row, the third straightsword swing can be parried.

>playing on PC

Complicated.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4vnan9/how_poise_works/

Alright then. But 610 per cast matters when fighting people with more than 1,300 hp embered. At 50vig RoF+2 LR+3, 660 per cast can kill them in 3 hits and 610 per cast doesn't.

Faith still has the best body buffs, and half of them can stack, too. You can have ToD, bountiful sunlight, and sacred oath all active at the same time, and one of those has a 45fth requirement.

I'm pretty sure you can't stack ToD and SO. SO is also garbage and you'd be better off just eating grass if you actually care. the base replenishment is more worth it than bountiful sunlight.

>Allegedly having more poise gives you a few extra frames
No, you don't get extra frames. Having more poise makes it harder to break you out of hyperarmor frames, see
>reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4vnan9/how_poise_works/

Poise damage is calculated even when hyperarmor isn't active, meaning someone can hit you three times before you attack and then when you start your hyperarmor they'll stagger you instantly on the first hit. This is why poise matters.

Okay, that makes sense.

i want to cuddle with fire keeper

Sacred Oath stacks with ToD, it's Deep Protection that doesn't.

Are we still talking about super high level PvP? Because at SL150 and up, the +10% to all damage (including spell damage and split AR) and +10 to all absorption matters when you can softcap everything your weapon scales with while also having softcap Vig and heavy armor. At SL120 or below, not so much.

Does obscuring ring work in pve?

It adds less than 10% in PvP, any %attack or absorption bonus applied via buff gets cut in half, whereas penalties of the same nature become 50% larger. I'm also still pretty sure SO doesn't stack with tears unless you've got evidence to the contrary.

no, didn't you ask this before?

A little, but slumbering is more useful.

>any %attack or absorption bonus applied via buff gets cut in half, whereas penalties of the same nature become 50% larger
Sorry, forgot about that when going through the numbers.

>I'm also still pretty sure SO doesn't stack with tears unless you've got evidence to the contrary
Give me a minute to crawl out of bed then, I'll get you a screenshot.

No

Yeah, forgot to check for any replies and went to bed. Sucks that it doesn't do anything.

>Give me a minute to crawl out of bed then, I'll get you a screenshot.
Actually on second thought, I think it might. It would make sense since it's a team buff; you wouldn't want a yellow to cast SO next to a host with tears only for the host's tears to be overwritten.

>Gundyr's Halberd WA isnt Stomp/Warcry into a R2 charge
>The Warcry could make your eyes glow red
From doesnt know how to have fun

yeah, it's 8-7 backsteps of range while lock-on is 6.
hidden body doesn't do shit btw.

This is more confusing even more and somehow makes sense as to why most invaders are using great swords.

Tears, B sunlight, and SO active at the same time.

Deep Protection, Tears, and GMB are the ones that overwrite each other. Because we all know deep protection is just too good.

tears is never overwritten by anything
you can hide the visual effect, but it continues to work

I shouldn't have gotten back in bed
Deep Protection, MB/GMB, and any pyro buff will remove the ToD icon from your status bar and negates the effect on your character. If I wasn't too dumb for weebms I'd make one, but will you accept a series of images instead?

The entire point behind Deep Protection is to be the newby placebo spell for people that feel like buffs actually do something and doesn't know enough about the series to realize how wrong that is.

It baits new players into flunking Irina's questline because "gives you everything" sounds tempting on paper

The level 140~5 requirement is kinda keeping me away from it. cba to level a new character to that level. none of the characters I have are Warriors either, so I can't even change their name with CE.

Though, I love the idea of player made covenants, and all the covenant people are coming up with to fight Bloodshades, and others. This might actually make pvp and invasions in this game interesting.

Fuck it, have a youtube video.

youtube.com/watch?v=yexrO1QuvXc&feature=youtu.be

I was being sarcastic.

What does being a warrior have to do with using CE to namechange?
I thought name changing softbunned you regardless

Is NG+7 piss easy if you are a sorcerer? (Dark Souls 3)

I want to roll one but I need some healthy dose of difficulty, too.

>one of the characters I have are Warriors either, so I can't even change their name with CE.
The name is optional anyway. All that matters is your commitment to the edge.

>he wants difficulty
>he's playing sorceror in a Souls game
uhh

the only way i can think of making ng+7 hard is by using unupgraded weapons....or use only miracles

> Is NG+7 piss easy if you are a sorcerer? (Dark Souls 3)
Just don't waste mana flasks on regular enemies and just run past them. If you are at NG+7, you probably already have everything you need. Bosses shouldn't be that difficult, if you avoid getting hit and use fast cast spells such as great soul arrow.

warriors are the best choice for 40/40/40. knights and mercs get overleved
if I had a warrior, I could respec at rosaria to that build
and changing name with ce doesn't get you banned

miracles-only is one of the easiest pve runs possible
there's only what, two bosses with lighting resistance?

>unupgraded weapons

That would ruin my invasions or sunbroing to others though since I'll be SL 120 with +0 and gl getting a match.

Problem is, miracles have the lowest damage output of all spells on top of having weird-ass wonky hitboxes with sourspots all over the place. Pyro runs are super easy because GCFO/CBV are hellishly strong and anything that resists fire is also weak to dark.

You can still keep your weapon memory at +10, while using a +0 weapon.

>miracles have the lowest damage output of all spells
????
if we're talking about ng+7 run, miracle users have sunlight spears which FACEFUCK majority of mobs

I did a Magic/ashen estus only on NG+6 and I had more trouble with Crystal sage, Wolnir, Gundyr and twins bros.
Good luck user

>Actually bothering with killing mobs
Lel.

Crystal Soul Spear facefucks harder than Sunlight Spear and kills everything in a straight line, as do GCFO/CBV on top of having better area damage. Though, if you're using your big spells to kill little mobs, you won't have enough left for the boss.

Is Faith the only caster you've done? Because it's by far the worst, even dark is better than faith, and that's without the pyromancies.

>Even fighting mobs past your first playthrough
Just run through. It's actually more fun.

>Listening to Peeve getting salty about people criticizing his covenant
Fuck man, I think his covenant is cool but I'm bleeding harder than the hand moomins in Profaned Capital hit with a Carthus'd Bandit's Knife.

>Crystal Soul Spear
is shit
if we're talking about pve sorcery, it's great heavy soul arrow or bust
and aside from sunlight spears, faith builds have dorhys gnawing with its insane bleed buildup
> if you're using your big spells to kill little mobs, you won't have enough left for the boss
if i'm doing a full miracle playthrough i will have 15 blue flasks and attuned healing miracle
with that much firepower i can clear the entire area from mobs and still have flasks for a boss
>Is Faith the only caster you've done
i did all caster builds and full miracle caster in ng+ is a literal easy mode

Great heavy soul arrow takes a whole second longer to cast and does less damage per hit. It costs less FP per cast, but that extra second of delay and lower damage output makes a huge difference on when you can cast it against bosses and how long it takes to kill them. Dorhy's Gnawing is nice and all, but it takes 2-3 casts to bleed any boss that doesn't resist it and the non-bleed damage on a pure Faith build really is not worth the time and effort it takes to trigger the bleed. It's super useful on a 40/40 dark caster, I'll give you that.

>15 estus
Alright, alright. Faith has an advantage in survivability. I'm still killing things faster with my 60int, dusk crown, and candle dagger.

>What if, a couple of people dropped their signs near a bonfire
>What if, the host teleported them to the FC location
>What if, we create new FC locations
Already asked this yesterday, just want more suggestions.

>Normal FC Locations
Irithyll: Water reserve
High Wall of Lothric: High wall
Untended Graves:
Road of Sacrifices: Demon Bridge

>FC Locations that benefits from CE teleporting
>Criteria: disperse Spawn Points, FC location is too far from the bonfire, other?
Grand archives: Birdcage, Bridge, after birdcage(jousting)
Irythill: Bridge
Demon ruins & Catacombs: b4 Abandoned Tomb
Consumed King's Garden: b4 boss, pic related
Archdragon Peak: Havel spot (are fps drops that bad?)
Cathedral of the Deep: jousting spot,
Lothric Castle: (are fps drops that bad?)

Anyone want to make an anti-edge covenant to fuck with bloodshades? I was thinking some kind of faith/dex that stacked heals and abused blue phantoms to gank the idiots

Could call it SoulBound to turn the rp wank metre up to 11

Read the past three threads you nimrod.

>Anyone want to make an anti-edge covenant to fuck with bloodshades?
>I was thinking some kind of faith/dex that stacked heals and abused blue phantoms

>Great heavy soul arrow takes a whole second longer to cast
they have absolutely identical casting time and animation with crystal soul spear
>does less damage per hit
given that it costs a fraction of FP to cast, that's not a problem
>non-bleed damage on a pure Faith
you don't use gnawing for non-bleed damage, it's a thing you use if something is resistant to lighting spears

>wanting to make an anti edge character
>in dark souls
good luck, bud

I'm pretty edgy but I also won't join some random youtuber's made up covenant

They have identical animations, but the casting time is different. The faster casting speed combined with higher damage is what makes CSS more useful against bosses than GHSA. GHSA is more useful against mobs though, because of the lower FP cost.

Why would you use Dorhy's purely for the bleed buildup? Against a boss who doesn't resist bleed, you need to cast the spell 2-3 times for it to trigger. You'd get better damage output by just using GCFO instead, even without the Int investment. Because, seriously, pyromancy is the real easymode.

Just make a faith build or something.

Sunbros?

>want to play full str character
>she ends up as a sl4 run character

Fuck

>but the casting time is different
just fucking attune them and cast one after another
>Why would you use Dorhy's purely for the bleed buildup
because it's the main gimmick of the miracle?
even a nameless king bleeds from just 2 casts

Last episode:
>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

So after a lot of pvp with immolation tinder i'm adamant that fire on its tip adds sweetspot damage to the entire thing that is not reflected by its AR. Damage values differ immensely, if you hit someone outside of sweetspot it does a pretty realistic damage reflected by its AR. But if you hit someone with its tip, typical damage you get is higher than majority of glaives can dish out on quality builds outside of leo ring lucerne maybe.

Well, if we're being serious here, you probably could make an anti-edge character. End investment for bleed resistance, faith for dark defense, strength for fire defense. Cast holy miracles to purge the darklords or whatever. Pretty typical paladin/crusader/whatever.

I just double-checked it. CSS with 12 dex and sage +2 has 1 second cast time, GHSA has 1.5 second cast time.

I just dont have the motivation for a base lv run knowing that they'd be locked out of any form of online because of weapon memory

>miracles do less damage than sorceries/pyros
>take longer to cast than sorceries/pyro
>use substantial amount more stamina/fp to cast

What the fuck miyazaki?

>miracles have all the healing and buff spells
>pyros have one HoT that heals enemies and a pile of mediocre buffs
>sorcery has stealth buffs and one weapon buff that's identical to a miracle

haven't played in ages or checked dsg in a while, does pvp still suck balls in ds3? should i even hope that it will ever be good?

Miracles are the best school at max though, you dummy.

Pure faith is the best way to get to ng+7

Depends on where you invade and what level, honestly. Most of the time you'll invade ganks, but in the right places that really doesn't matter.

Pyromancy is the best school at max, you dummy.

Bloodshade is best cov, stay mad faggots

>does pvp still suck balls in ds3?
Peeve's Bloodshades are saving PvP and are reclaiming Souls pvp for invasions.

VILEBLOOD FILTH

>found videos from dsg fight clubs 3 years back which you never got to experience

why even live

youtube.com/watch?v=-14qpQ546G0

>I just double-checked it
I just double-checked it at 18 dex + sage+2 and they are similar

is their a good pvp build for mix magic and regular damage. sl110 trying to get to 120.

No user, there's a 15 frame difference between the two. That isn't similar, that's "this spell is fast enough to make a difference" levels of speed., especially when we're talking about projectiles.

Speaking of, projectile flight speed also makes a big difference in how much more useful CSS is than GHSA against bosses.

Post please.

youtube.com/watch?v=hf7X45B2SUc
>sens fortress
> katanas
>lagstabs

what is bloodshade?

youtu.be/-jynbZLV7c4
Skip to near end.

how do you find invading places. all I find is fight club shit.

AND HE PRAYS

youtube.com/watch?v=P6SCYfYK4pE

Basically a player-run "covenant" that teams up on gankers.

What did I ever see in that PvP
just what

And projectile size. And every other factor.

CSS costs more FP than GHSA because it's better than GHSA in every category. GHSA's only advantage over it is the lower FP cost, which only helps against the numerous mobs between a bonfire and a boss if you aren't just running past them.

OH MY GOD DO I PRAISE

It's literally what albino said. We just didn't have any other options.

thanks a lot

yes, it's called 40 str and 40 int

Albino? Albinos are scary

It's so janky-ass when you see old stuff after playing Bloodborne/Das3