Focus rs

what does /0/ think of this car?

Other urls found in this thread:

torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno, why don't you ask them?

Great car
Terrible engine
>b-but
torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures

every review says it's awesome

the only thing that should keep a buyer at bay should be
a. can you stand the eco interior
b. can you stand the commonplace exterior
c. do you like to drift?

that should be about it

i like to drift and i have no qualms about bullshit, so this is the perfect car for me

It's like fords input into the econobox rallying thing.

Like Honda makes the type Rs
And nissan has whatever
and toyota... makes economy cars
And GM makes money
Chrysler has SRT doing crazy SRT shit. >dodge neon srt, dodge caliber, cherokee
Mithsu has a lancer somewhere i know
etc

Shitty modern car design.

>i like to drift and i have no qualms about bullshit, so this is the perfect car for me

I bet in 5-10 years everyone will love them when they get cheap enough

Nothing Bodykits cant fix

Oh wait
>Ecobust gets to 100k miles and blows up
>literally only rolling shells by then
hahahahha

bodykits won't change the stupid sloping beltline and hood that doesn't go all the way to the front edge.

Good luck drifting a FWD biased car jackass

LOOK AT ME MUM IM KEN BLOCK LMAO *VAPES*

does that specifically relate to the 2016 rs? its the same exact engine?

zzz it was a mustang recall on the first year ecoboosts.

why do you think it wont go past 100k

Looks like the mongrel bastard-spawn of the Evo X and an A45 AMG.

Comes with more power from the factory than the STi it competes with and for a similar price, but the STi aftermarket is huge and easily makes up for this. Limited run will make parts an issue in the future.

Basically it's a hatchback alternative to the STi with more features and less aftermarket.

Ford has a fair bit of history in rallying.

I got excited when it was announced then when specs (full specs) came out realized it was gonna be bullshit (imo).

My problems with the car:
>"AWD"
But it's FWD basically (which I have no problem with) and the rear is engaged only when necessary and it's more like a clutch that activates and not so much a differential or something... which of course means the clutch can't handle much power at all, and for long periods of time. It's gonna need to be replaced and serviced and it's more prone to failure.
I understand why they made the choice from an engineering/economical/and even buyers perception, but I don't like it.
>DRIFT MODE BRO, TRACK DAY BRO
Drift mode is like an arcade game, because like said, rear is driven not by gears/differential but by a clutch like pad that overheats, so it's like "have 5 min of fun and then fuck off". Kiss your ass goodbye to track day, apparently the bitch overheats and has trouble keeping it on a working range.
>PRICE
All these gimmicks just make the car pricier. I get it that it's the competition to the Golf R and so it tries to achieve similar things, but the R is in my opinion better sorted.
The R makes sense because it's what more mature buyers like... it's understated, it has quality interior, it has power, and a proven non gimmicky awd system.

That said, it's a hit and it's sold out so I'm the one missing the point and not Ford.
That said Ford should have prepared better, and hopefully the 2017 model is better prepared and with the shit sorted out.

the clutch is designed to slip constantly
obviously it needs servicing but if you can't deal with that enjoy having no nice things ever

It would have been a nice thing just fwd like the prev gen.
If I wanted a rwd like car, I would buy a rwd one, or a proper awd, there's options.

Maybe I'm just bitter that the evo was killed and the sti is no longer in hatchback version, and that now we have a long wrx sti sedan and a ford focus. I just reached the age and financial stability to buy them new, and the cars I wanted are gone. And every second hand is usually badly modded or overpriced at least by the equivalent of 5k dollareedoos if not more.

ive sorta heard about these failure down the road problems that you mention.

Do you think these would effect people who are more everyday driver with some hard driving when ever they come across a road that lets them.

Or does this mainly affect drivers that would take this to a track and constantly drive at the cars performance levels?

>i like to drift
Into the trash.

buttblasted ff cuck detected

It's interesting. I dislike it's so called "awd" system, though. I also think it's a touch too expensive for what it is, but I sort of understand why they put it in that bracket.

V8 fr.

Try again.

exploding clutch, transfer case

recalls soon stalker

>terrible engine