/twg/ - Total War General

GROMBRINDAL Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

es.warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Especial:Maps/19604
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rollin

>ancient empires still not released

Oh shit, elephant boys

XI DAYS

soon.jpg

can someone explain to me why they've left an unfinished faction ingame (bretonnia) while they released other factions as DLC first?

They added Brettonia as a faction so that people could play them in custom battles until they are completed.

They could've just not made them playable in any way, shape or form if that's... better?

>unfinished

They have like 90% of their roster, with Questing Knights and Pilgrims being the only missing two units. All the FLC is really going to be are a tech tree, an additional LL (Fey Enchantress) and those missing two units.

so they could get good boy points for finishing them and giving them away as a free dlc

>He forgot Knights Errant

Last warning, kiddo.

>90%

This makes it even more pointless, Bretonnia has nearly all of it's units from the TT. One more LL and a technology tree would have made them playable. Are you telling me that alone takes an additional 5+ months? Shit just have Leoncoeur as the only playable LL for now, it still would have worked.

Bretonnia was held back to be used as fodder for the FLC program, plain and simple. It's going to be exactly that, Fey Enchantress, those two missing units an that's it. Oh wow so cool.

>Make sure you buy the LL pack that will come in tandem with the FLC Bretonnians it included Bretonnian Regiments of Renown and The Green Knight LL, only $9.99. :)

t. Creative Assembly

Bretonnia needed to be there since it has a central geographical position in the old world.

They'll be released as FreeLC.

HASHUT
A
S
H
U
T

I will, thanks CA shill :^)

>more mounted units

I know it's their gimmick but it fucking sucks. No wonder GW killed them off.

"Hi I'm a Bretonnia TT player, my army lacks diversity and is largely fucking garbage but manages to be fucking expensive because horses."

>Random door closing noise.

Meant to reply to

Faction Effects:
>10% campaign movement
>20% cheaper upkeep for Grail Knights

Starting Units:
>Man-At-Arms (Polearms)
>Grail Knights
>Field Trebuchet

Oh you wanted cool stats like Vlad or Herman? Too bad VC only.

>Are you telling me that alone takes an additional 5+ months?

No, where did you get that idea?

CA just decided to have their DLC team work on other stuff first.

>Bretonnia was held back to be used as fodder for the FLC program, plain and simple. It's going to be exactly that, Fey Enchantress, those two missing units an that's it.

Yeah?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about exactly? Is it that CA is doing exactly what they said they would do? Is it that they didn't fulfill some imaginary obligation that you made up in your head?

Wood elves tomorrow?

No, worst elves in a few weeks.

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

Why not just have them playable from the get go? as I said the faction is largely playable even with just a single LL and some missing units. But I'm supposed to appreciate it because they've decided to hang on to it for months just so they can "release it" for "free" and act like they've gifted a brand new playable race.

It's just a cynical marketing ploy that you've fallen hook line and sinker for.

two weeks and three days I'd say, maybe one week if we're lucky

>"release it" for "free" and act like they've gifted a brand new playable race.
Not the user you're arguing with but it is for free and it is a new playable race IN THE GRAND CAMPAIGN (which is how they will market them)

It'll be teased/announced within the next two weeks. If not this week almost definitely next week.

I already have Attila, but I got a -25% coupon for Attila. Why? Also, does anyone need it to buy a Attila?

same

G O B L I N S

Rollan!
Can't wait to include Wood Elves, WARLORD SKARSNIK BESTEST AND GREENEST OF GOBBOS, Wurrzag and those two stuntie fags no one cares about

That splint metal armor looks hella 80s bro. Just a gnarly Conan meets Thunderdome concept. Why not go for something less tubular and more contemporary?

>Why not just have them playable from the get go?

Because they didn't feel like having blatantly incomplete content game at release since that sort of shit generally looks really bad and they also didn't wanna push back release the 1-3 weeks it would probably take to finish?

They already delayed it once, why do you think they would be so eager to do it again? You do know that delays of that sort generally lose companies a shitload of money, right?

But no, they're supposed to do it because you think they're somehow obligated to follow your personal idea of what is "correct" procedure.

Yes it's a cynical marketing ploy, So fucking what? Do you also scream and cry like this when you get a "free" coupon with your combo meal at [Insert Fastfood place here]? Do you go on the internet to complain about how they should just have reduced the price of the combo by however much the coupon is worth instead of trying to "con" you by giving you a coupon?

Your idea to just release the faction in an unfinished state is completely untenable. I've basically seen no one other than you complain about how they handled Bretonnia, now imagine how many would have bitched if they had shipped the game with a faction that was 3/4th as done as the others at release.

Alright boys, post your mod lists! I'm curious what you all are using.

absolutely none

this, modders never, ever know what they're doing. Ever.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

i just played the eye for an eye campaign and now i understand why people are so mad about it
i really like the beastmen and think the play pretty well in the grand campaign (and are definitly better designed than chaos) and they have some amazing and unique units (cygor, gorebull), but in the end the dlc is just way overpriced
the campaign only took me about one and a half hour and didnt offer anything new or unique in any way, not to mention being not difficult in any way (atleast on normal thar is) and i definitely wouldnt have paid for it if given the chance
i really hope the next race comes either with an interesting campaign worth my money or without one at all

tl;dr. : eye for an eye was way to expensive

>unfinished

They literally lack two unist namely grail monks and questing knight. And maybe some LLs

SOON(TM)
>dat modified GC map taken from the Augustus campaign for more regions and detail.

Bretonnia is free. It'll be out soon enough with more units,lords,tech tree(just like with dwarf there is a military and civil tree),events,missions,quest battles.

pic related are quests for Leoun.

The campaign could've been cool but it was just 'destroy faction X', 'destroy faction Y', 'destroy Middenland' and wound Boris the Based.
I'm a big fan of the mini campaigns (especially Age of Charlemagne) but An Eye for an Eye was implemented rather lazily...
I hope the Wood Elves campaign and the eventual Karak Eight Peaks mini campaign, probably with Skaven will be good and actual story-driven campaigns like The Last Roman

>chopping up the Seleucid empire because you can't balance a faction of its historical size at the time

hahaha, looooooosers

>ywn receive the blessing of the lady

Cant wait for Skarsnik so i can finaly role play as real true goblin master race!

>no 'bash Araby o'er the head one final time' quest

non-canon/10

This, Skarsnik a best

Rollan

i actually didnt play any od the other mini campains because fantasy babby but that sounds good, im definitely not against mini campaigns

the sad thing is that you dont even need to destroy middenland because the other two factions and todbringer being wounded are enough for the short victory

This. Been doing Goblin only armies but I want to start with a Goblin LL and have no Orc filth alongside my new Gobbo units.

When they said that the campaigns would be based on historical events in Warhammers past. I was so excited then utterly crushed with Eye. I want a Last Roman style mini campaign with an actual story and consequences. Only 1 playable faction on a new map is fucking stupid aswell.

>tfw CA cucks us all and releases fucking Gorbad Ironclaw instead

This chart is going to be so fucking big by trilogy end.

Thinking about doing a Free People of Eriador campaign in Third Age while I wait for wood elves. Any tips? How do I into Arnor?

How big chance that eventually we going to get this map with all those races?
es.warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Especial:Maps/19604

>not playing Lothlorien or better yet Woodland Realm.

Do you even Third age?
You better be playing with Divide and Conquer 1.1 submod for a much better game

To be honest, those entities were not so centralized in the past...

We'll get all those races but not a chance with the map.

Here's the map. Right is already ingame. Left is from game files for the New World expansion.

Its possible they could reuse the Theatre system so there is less strain on your CPU. It will still be the largest map CA have ever made. I doubt they will allow modding tools to edit the campaign map due to GW.

I'd post mine, but I no longer know what is disabled and what is not, sorry user

UI unit markers is a must for example

So what's going in Chaos waste, it looks like just a frozen wasteland but i hear someone actually live there?

If we're just going by 4 LL's per faction with 15 (or 16?) factions then it's going to be pretty big, 60-64 Legendary Lords

>The campaign could've been cool but it was just 'destroy faction X', 'destroy faction Y', 'destroy Middenland' and wound Boris the Based.
you forgot confederate with 2 tribes and raid 15k income, both of which are easily missable :^)

How is Chaos campaign in terms of fun and challenge? Thinking about starting it cause I played every other expect beastmemes.And what is that chaos undivided mod?Does it make the game better?

Its actually an entrance to the realm of Chaos with a shit load of tribes,beastmen and daemons wandering them. Pic related. Screen I took from the 8th edition army ebook sitting on my computer

Never tried DaC but I've done both elves in regular third age.

What differences does DaC make?

>N O
>O
N O
O N

>right is already in the game
>the best Old World factions are still missing

no one lives there in CA's version of the setting. Nope, no floating castles, unnatural jungles or massive tomb-fortresses where immense armies do eternal battle. Move along, people!

>tfw running naked into the chaos wastes to loot dead warriors while dodging living ones.

All that loot, lads.

>both of which are easily missable
Only if you never once look at your campaign objectives. I'll shit on CA for everything else with the mini campaign, but that one falls on you being an idiot.

New world map looks very rough i highly doubt it's going to look like that desu

I've heard people saying here that the final expansion will be a deamons of chaos factions for each god, so maybe they will add that part to the map for you to bash heads in and later lead demon horder on the mortals below, both in the new and old world? Hopefully if they do that they make sure that you want come upon just piles of rocks and greenshits and vampires. Empire dies waaaaaay too fast now, I cant imagine dark elves, ogres, skaven and others would do wonders for their survivability.
Also playable Valkia pls

>Naked

Its mighty cold and tentacly up there lad.

Good points
>Fairly mobile lots of campaign options early game (though most obvious route is best)
>Infantry is decent and rallies constantly if given time.
>lots of very strong units to throw cash at in late game

Bad points
>units have low morale and break constantly
>forced to run and recuperate for retarded periods of time
>building chain leaves much to be desired (few options, won't have access to decent range of units until 50 turns in)
>Have to stop everytime you raze leaving you vulnerable and liable to get trapped
>everyone hates you and sends armies at you
>item quest battles probably hardest in game and leaves you with mauled army.

My mod list:
>All Tabletop Lords
>Alluring Vampiress
>Alternative banners and names for the provinces of The Empire
>Ancient Holds - Lore-friendly Dwarf Recolor
>BETTER Campaign Map - OVERHAULED
>Beastmen Color Variations (WIP for ALL units)
>Better AI Recruitment and Army Composition
>Better Bretonnian Shields
>Better Orc Shields
>Better State Shields
>Better Faction Names and Banners
>Black Armor Black Knights
>Blood Knight Reskin
>Brutal Battles
>Building Progression Icons
>Cannon impact effect
>Cataph_Chaos Steeds Resized
>Cataph_Closer to Tabletop - tweaks & units
>Cataph_Greenskins Teef Currency
>Centigor Shield Reskin
>Dark Skeletons
>Dirty Zombies
>Eastern Empire - Recolor
>Elite Units of Nuln
>Elite Units of Reikland - Lore Friendly Unique Units
>Empire Regional Recruitment
>Even More skills for Characters
>Free Company & Flagellants Recruitment Fix
>Griffon Color Variations
>Grim and the Grave tweaks
>Guv's Larger Kholek
>Heljumper117's Vanilla Unit Reskin
>Ice's Grim & Grave Legendary Lord Traits
>Improved Orc Combat
>Improved Skeleton Eyes
>Improved Weather Colors
>Isabella Von Carstein
>Less Blood, Less Gore!
>Level 60 Max + 2x points on Level up!
>Lords and Technologies affect RoR
>Military Resource Building Bonuses Factionwide
>More Beautiful Banshees!
>More Horse Variations: Bretonnia & Empire (v1.1)
>No Confederation Penalty
>No Great Power
>No Stink Clouds
>No Treacheries in Diplomacy
>Nuln Special Forge Improvement
>Prometheus` Better Trait Triggers
>Realistic Climate Battle Change
>Revised Subculture Name
>RoR Gain XP - (Even After Patch!)
>Skip Intro Logos
>Stance: Expedition March
>Steel Faith Overhaul Mod
>Tessai's Chaos Water
>Tier 4 Minor Settlements
>True Chaos Warriors - New Appearances/Varieties for Chaos!
>UI Unit Markers
>Vanilla Units Variation Skin
>Vlad von Carstein: Faction Leader
>Warriors of Chaos: Horde Infighting Immunity
>Wiids Affects: Legendary Lord Traits
>Zone of Control

Wtf lizards doing in albion? i thought there is albion humans

I never fell for them... even if I was 1 beastmen tribe close
You get such a stupid amount of money, with a horde, that you can just buy the confederation as soon as you find them

doesn't really matter since there's literally nothing you get for finishing the long campaign

It's gonna be smaller than what's shown in the lore, yeah, cause the game likely won't include unclaimed territories at start, so the territory dividing the Dark Elves from the Lizardmen is gonna be omitted, as well as the western coast of Naggaroth, which serves no purpose in TWW.

>What does it do?
Well:

200 New units
26 factions with their own cultures and politcal power
New descriptions for each faction.
Lore accurate leaders and generals.
Over 120 new traits and ancillaries
Over 250 events with unique pictures and consequences.
Invasion mechanic(Jihad/Crusade basically) used by the forces of Melkor with over 45 settlements that can be targeted.
A brand new lore accurate map
New climates and fixes to everything vanilla third age.
New AoR system for units and availability
Unique UI's for everyone
Custom and official music for each faction
New faction symbols
Important lore characters can reappear such as Glorfindel for the elves of Imladris. He and Elrond can solo stacks of goblins.

Pic related from recent game as example of pop ups. Literally 1 turn later. My capital had a invasion called by Sauron and now have stacks of troops from everywhere coming. Now I'm in full asking my allies for aid and putting all troops I can muster into ambush mode. I thought it would be Edoras,Bree or Minas Tirith but fucking Caras Galadhon? Fuck me.

There waiting for the final expansion to do that shit.

Was this autism?

No shit mate. It's an early rough file but the map IS legit. Pic related is the original with composite of the current game world.
Because the TK,Skaven,CD and OK faction unlocks will also unlock those lands in Nehekara,Araby,Darklands and Mountains of Mourn. Its likely the land unlock is free to everyone as is AI controlled factions but obviouslty you have to pay to play them.

I'm definitely going to look into this then. Thanks for the info.

Only just realized Albion is in the game but it's a dead lifeless rock

I really wonder how much they going to change with expansions
I mean are they going to add extra chaos armies in new world or u can just chill out while old world getting raped by chaos

what the retarded fuck is wrong with you?

Expansion 1 leak implies it becomes a unique one region province that offers great benefit to the captor. The leaked map shows a bigger albion whereas current base game shows a tiny island with mist surrounding it and only mentioned with the "Mysterious stranger" event.

I actually don't see what's wrong with that

Probably 60 dingery doos. They'll sell them standalone and those who buy them will get a "free" expansion to the main game.

I mean they "could" add a charlemagne/wrath of sparta/last roman style minicampaign expansion after everything else is said and done. Whether they will do it and how much they will fuck up doing it is an entirely different matter

I just want to fuck dead, decomposing cunnies, don't judge me.

Cant wait for Age of Sigmar campaign with new units faction and lords just like Charlemagne

Chaos Wastes go across the entire north so they could come from the new world aswell.
I suspect that the Chaos invasion is just the start of the hurt to come just as the ending text implies. Its why there is no victory video because its only part 1.

Remember as each expansion launches with more factions. The victory conditions of every race will have to change with it. CA already said months ago the Daemons of Chaos will become the main antagonist later in the trilogy.
So whether they will become playable is another matter aswell.

But for immediate "expansions" judging by the fact the layout of the lands south and east are already done and have been since launch. Expect semi regular map extensions before Expansion 1 launches. Judging by their current timeline. Expect Expansion 1 at the very earliest in June 2017 and the latest October. TK,Skaven,Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs will no doubt lead right upto it.
Expansion 2 is said to add the Chaos Gods and their followers bringing 4 factions representing each type of God.

>that gif
>that long ass list
>a bunch of completely irrelevant/cosmetic mods
>he actually wrote all of them

that'd be nice, playing as Sigmar himself and uniting the tribes of the proto-empire would be fun, while protecting them from raiding orcs and fighting Nagash himself

And look, it is also nicely alphabetically sorted!

Appreciate the time the guy has doing that!

But cosmetic mods are the one that add more flavour
And don't shitalk illya, she had an hard life