/maag/- Marvel Avengers Academy General

>Ded forever Edition

>What is this? Is it Free?
A shitty freemium game. With cute waifus, husbandos, and the best writing Marvel has put out since Civil War. If you want to accomplish anything, you'll have to spend money or kill yourself.

>Current event:
Daredevil monthlong event. Currently, Act 4 is going on where you can recruit Punisher if you spend all your money or hack. You can fight Kingpin for some upgrade items but you'll likely not get very far.

>Other Links:
Discord: discord.gg/cURq6
Reddit AMA Pastebin: pastebin.com/U91LWGbH
Daredevil Event Interview @ Marvel: marvel.com/news/video_games/26639/marvel_avengers_academy_battles_a_king-sized_threat
Our favorite art: shitpostersacademy.tumblr.com/
How to become permanently Free from this game: homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in-x-75-ft-Camouflage-Rope-18614/202048185

Also, finally beat Kingpin Streak 7 with the hack of course kek

>Fury offers Kingpin a spot at the academy when he gets out of his megalomaniac phase
>"This is just a temporary setback. A minor bump in the road. A-"
>"A lump in the mashed potatoes?"
*Fury turns to the camera and does the shit eating grin pose

holy fuck that was worth it.
Kingpin: "When will this idiotic joke die?"
Fury: "Probably never. We like to reuse jokes around here."

Afterwards:
Fury: "You know what time it is Stark"
Tony: "Time to build another prison?"
F: "Unless you wanna go ahead and finish the entire prison."
T: "As soon as we build a prison, there's going to be a prison break. That's how these things go."
F: "Then we get to round em up again. It's called the Circle of Super Life

After building the cage:
Kingpin: "It's only a matter of time before I escape from this cage, burn the Academy down and dance on it's ashes."
Fury: "As long as it's not the Charleston"

Kingpin's Bonus streak health is 168,911.
According to the thing, you get 8 Mythical Hand Scrolls, 1100 Ninja Stars and 7 more Crown Pendants.

ded

F2p, on streak 4 with 29 power attacks remaining. Im still praying for another nerf. I want Frank so bad.

Not that you need any of those after streak seven.

ded

They should have made the crates open with scrolls, I have 200+ and I'll only be able to use maybe 6 more by the end of the event.

The amount of scrolls we got in this event was stupid. They also don't add up to your total. Looks like there might be one more scroll type you can't swipe over to.

Finished all the quest lines except Punishers and Kingpin. Almost done with Punishers and I will not even bother with Kingpins since even with hacks it's a pain in the ass to fight him that many times.

I'd prefer a currency rate hike over a nerf at this point. I just want to rank up the characters I do have.

None of these will happen, and if it does it will be minor like last time so Tinyco can say "See we did something aren't we nice! Now give us money"

It's just shit because I have Elektra stuck at 4, which means she'll be another 100k gold on top of Venom that we can't get because of the level cap fucking over gold rates. Not to mention Frank, Luke, and Danny all stuck at 1.

yeah that is a pain. Especially since Frank is one the rare characters where the Rank 3 is the best

The scale of difficulty between this event and the Spidey one is insane. In the Spidey event I bought just the premium characters and managed to get all but 1 of the decos, got Electro, WWII Cap, all my characters to rank 5 except Venom who I got to 3, and the cage by the skin of my teeth. It was difficult, but I found it acceptable.

This event I bought Elektra and Jessica, had the items from the costume crate that helped not at all, bought an anti-venom generator like a damn fool, sharded up some training when it became obvious that beating streak 6 for punisher would be way more expensive otherwise, sharded the power boosts, and won't get the rest of the decos because I need every single shuriken for upgrading ALL my characters except Matt and Patsy. Only getting 2 characters to the max rank is just shitty. I'd been okay with not getting the Kingpin cube if I was able to complete anything else, but after how much I spent I shouldn't be this far from the goal.

yeah this event is pretty bullshit

Definitely. I just hope people bitched enough for them to make the next one reasonable. Which probably will not happen

If anyone cares, TinyCo has gone back to banning people for cheating from their leaderboard prizes after not banning anyone the last two events.

Good to generally know.

What happens when you're banned? Can you still log in and play?

Does it really matter for the kind of hack we use? They look for how much premium currency you have and nothing else

When I got to the reuse joke line, it made me wonder, have they reused a a joke before?

They like to reference Tony's cheese addiction a lot

Luke Bobble-head is up. You need to get his health and attack to rank 10

Oh wait it's any character to rank 10 health/attack

Yeah, you can log in and play just fine. It just bans you from the leaderboards, which aren't in AA yet. all that means this event is I won't be getting a useless costume, oh well.

Pretty much. There's no one doing public hacks for family guy though, the only way to cheat is to go to reddit and ask them to give you a big stack of premium currency.

Jesus Christ I am trying to get to rank 10 in my stats to get Luke Bobble-head and it takes 2 full days to just go up one level after a certain point. Thank goodness I have the hack

>the hack
Even with it sending people to train is still annoying as fuck. If only TinyCo knew how to make proper gui.

Yeah, it's not that great. Punisher is just stupid though, he trains in a bunch of random spots

Oh Punisher's is up too. Get Atk/HP to 15 and Teamwork to 10

That's insane

It's only like 11 days more, dude.
You can make it with some cash.

I use the hack and I am not even sure I want to waste my time clicking through all that.

The training for Attack and health isn't too bad. Just make the camera stay over there and you can tap them.

DD is the easiest because you don't have to go through all the other menus.

I think the worst thing is that there's so many damn characters to fight with, which makes it hard to train so many. There's too large of a pool for getting upgrade pieces and for people using the hack, there's so many damn menus to go through.

Should have just had some way to limit the pool starting with getting Wasp and Loki out of there.

What said.
Send one guy to train and double tap him to finish the training and bring the activity menu again.
Choose the one with lower rank so there's less actions to scroll through.

Looks like reddit is disapointed with the bobble heads too. glad to see they are not sucking as much cock

11 days more? How come it says the event ends in 2 days for me?

He means that how long it would take to get everything. Meaning that yes it is impossible without paying since 2 days are left

So for the Halloween event I think Mephisto and Hela will be the villains since they are the lords of Hell that have been mentioned in the quests. Maybe also some others but definitely those two, I hope Hela is recruitable for Loki shipping.

Will we het another 2 week baby event in between now and halloween? What do you think it'll be?

I can't remember any characters left in the code that wouldn't be part of the main story. Unless they just change Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin to a mini event for the hell of it.

They can always add stuff in. It would be cool if they could add She-Hulk since she was mentioned this event.

Oh please, all it'll take is another non-premo crate of useless shit and they'll go back to sucking their dick just like they always do

I was going to say it would be Mephisto as the student, but then I realized it would make more sense if he was caged and then released like this event implies, he could take his side by Thanos, assuming TinyCo gets to that point and follows the comics version of The Infinity Gauntlet.

>implying they'll ever finish the story arc
At the rate they're going, the game's gonna shut down before we even get the six shard statues.

Has the Family Guy game completed their storymode?

Probably not, if it's like this game they are swarmed with events

Supposedly. If that user that played the Family Guy one is still around, what's the plot of that game? And how do they tie in events to it?

Cause they've halfassed attempted tie ins here, but I think the Kingpin one might be the first that they didn't even bother

The last thread died at under 50 posts. Completely pathetic.

You're a chump. The obvious lesson here is that they won't give you jack shit for your money.

Yeah the duration of the threads can really vary. Sometimes we max them out other times we don't even get to 100 posts.

Kingpin event set more up for the next event than it did for story content

In the past the money I spent didn't seem as bad because I was able to complete the events. This event is by far the worst, and yes I learned my lesson. I still have about 1.5k shards left that I'll hold onto for any premium characters that I want or if any of the Halloween costumes are premo, but I'm not putting any more into the game.

There will definitly be premo halloween costumes. It would be a pretty stupid move for them to not do it.

If they're for characters I like, I'll snag them. I can pass on Tony or Wasp (since she has 100 other costumes) or even Loki at this point. Watch it be for Wolf Cap since that's what everyone voted for. Otherwise I'm sitting on my remaining shards until there's something I really want.

Consider the price of a new android tablet vs the amount you need for even one event.

I'll beat streak 5 soon, but it's kind of pointless since I don't see how I'll get enough stars to do anything useful.

Am I right to assume that as long as I'm able to invite Punisher to the academy, I'll still be able to recruit him once the event ends? He's all I'm focused on getting right now.

Nope. Your recruitment window lasts as long as the event lasts

Why would you not recruit him immediately?

Do you just need the shirts to get him? I saw "invite him" and assumed you'd still have to do all the requirements like obtain X amount of stuff from missions. Maybe I'm just a big retard.

There really is no plot to the game anymore, and the events don't tie together at all anymore. The original story was Peter blew up the town while fighting the giant chicken and you were rebuilding it, but its been at least a year and a half since there was any "story update" They even ran out of family guy characters for events so its just random stuff now. The current event storyline is that pirates are trying to stop Oktoberfest for some reason, so we're getting a bunch of pirate characters. Last event was superman flew over Quahog and crashed due to some kryptonite, so we had a DC event. That's all there is to it. Its just a character collection game now, nothing else to keep people playing.

Yeah just need the shirts. If they stacked mats on top of his shirts that'd be way too evil

Magic Kingdoms is the Disney version of this right? How jew is it?

suffering bump

I think the most disappointing things about these difficult events is that the character story's are locked out afterwards and it's almost impossible to get them done during the event. The writing is really great but it's such a shame I won't see how Danny's or Hellcat's stories end

This is what bothered me about the SpiderMan events. Like I have no idea how the first one connected to the second, and what happened to the plot where everyone blamed Peter for attacking the city or whatever

I just want one full month with any event of any kind. I want my chill waifu and husbando game back. I need rest.

we will never know peace from the jew

Yes we will. 30 of them, in fact. Pure silver.

What happens if it's Sterling Silver?

Is Kingpin inverting the type triangle? He's combat type now but when I put Speed types in the team it says they're at a disadvantage but other Combats have an advatage

Whatever his type shows on the main screen is what he will be in the fight

This fucked me up on Punisher, I used the wrong characters on a few battles before I realized how it worked.

>TinyCo will never program the fights properly

Well yeah. He's combat which are weak to speed but my game's telling me they aren't.

I keep thinking "Huh, I beat Streak 2 pretty easily, maybe Punsiher won't be so impossible" but then I remember he has ONE-HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND, not Fourteen Thousand

Just go with what logically beats his type, the only thing that matters in terms of what the game shows you is when the characters hit and the numbers are yellow to show they are super effective.

How much does it cost to refill the critical attacks?

I'll soon be going into streak 5 with 29 critical hits left. Im just hoping a nerf comes along before streak 6, otherwise it still wont be enough.

I doubt we'll get a nerf. Punisher is supposed to be the prize for people willing to pay.

Pretty certain Luke is a premium prize too considering he's got the gold frame around his type

But you could get him F2P

Would you attend Bucky's open mic night?

Only if it'll let me upgrade him from rank 1

Hes not. He is just hard to get

Looks like we survived the night. Good job. Threads always get slow around the last week, unless some incredible fuck up happens

The healing is probably the bigger concern for you at that point.

Yeah. Im running out of bats and time. Im just going to crit him from now on and see how far I get. At least I made it this far f2p.

I went through the same thing. Just kind of eyeballing it and thinking if I started now and paid some freebie shards to extend but I still wouldn't come close since I doubt I could survive more than a single hit each time and 6-10k damage each fight isn't going to work with the healing times, even if I went nosleep for 48 hours that's probably only around half the damage. He's just too strong.

But I don't really care about Punisher I guess.

Thats just insane. I miss when they where at least discreet about things being behind paywalls, now its just blatant.For GoTG and CW you could make it with good old fashiob autism but the Spiderman and this one are pay to win.

just got Hulk

Even with Spider-Man you could pay for the basics to win. This event you can have all premo content, characters, generators, the prize costume, every fucking chest unlocked, and it's still nowhere near enough.

No matter how bad an event is, the next one will always be worse. That's the TinyCo way.

Yeah it sucks, I've never played a game like this where they just flat out don't care about keeping some casual spenders around

I also can't imagine anyone investing hundreds of dollars into a game like this where your save file is tied to their servers so if they shut down you can't even open your game to look at the layout anymore.

Perfection

I'll be honest, even though it's costing me some money, it's kinda fun have to strategize a way to beat Streak 6.

spend more money its the tinyco way

Just be glad you don't have to take shit like
>wait for guards to respawn
>plan to have the most active fighters for next streak
into account this time.

>paying
They never learn

If me giving them $5 helps them continue the writing, it's worth it

better off tweeting at Marvel to put Warner on a book