/hhg/ - Hot Hatch General

A thread to discuss about Econo-Pocket-Rockets.

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Current Hot-Hatch Star of the Week - Ford Focus RS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kYTtWGf3H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Rebel blue looks brilliant when it's clean. But it's a shame there's not more colours available desu

the gti is over rated
all it is, a small car with good seats and somewhat nice interior for the day.
mine is not quick, steering is not great, brakes are not strong. doesn't do anything that great.
engine is hard to work on, the transmission is geared like a farmers grain truck

Bloody hell, a HHG that I haven't started. I thought they'd be dead when I took a break from Veeky Forums

Here's mine over a year ago. I miss her :c

how good of a hot hatch is this? i see them time to time in my craigslist. no not often but they pop up.

Depends on the engine. If swapped then it could be anything. They are really common in rallying here.
youtube.com/watch?v=1kYTtWGf3H0

Gonna treat my self to a car wash today before heading into the mountains for the weekend.

Are two door hatchbacks available in NA?

you mean cars like the brz?

The Golf is, the Fiesta is not yet.

Pretty good if you strip it from everything. A typical fun hatch.

>brz
>hatchback

How good is an ep3 as a tuning base?
Episode 3 anyone

What.

Bretty good but you'll need a new ECU before any meaningful gains.

Seem to be a fair few turned into hillclimb cars

ep3 is pigfat

Can someone help me decide between a 5th gen 1990 celica and a 6th gen 1997? Both are the base model, both in great condition low miles

Also the head from a k20a2 or z1

hatchbacks are for women

am i a Hot hatch

>MUH FWD IS JUST AS GOOD XDDDDD MY ECONOBOX IS A REAL SPORTS CAR

This is why nobody takes you retards seriously, if you have to make a general don't fucking go damage control immediately.

k

warm

Hot hatch?

Nice. Here's mine, just picked it up last week and it's rained every day since.

Opinions on Kia Po Ceed GT?

mild

Its going to get better in the next Generation of it, Getting a IRS, and some engine refinements.

Moving up in age.

I really want to ride in the RS. For a fact the new STI is to harsh of a ride for me to DD. The standard WRX is nice enough. Want to know how it compares to the STI/WRX

RS can't be too far off from the ST which is pretty stiff stock. my friends new wrx sedan is softer than my ST
can't say for the STI tho

If that's the case I might as well get the WRX. Really want a hatch version though.

I don't know how people can DD a STI. My fillings feel like it's gonna come out

Tastefully done user

Postie spotted.

the us spec mk1 GTI =/= EU spec mk1 GTI

different engine, transmission, suspension, trim and interior.

pretty much the only thing the rabbit (econobox) and the golf (godmachine) share is the body shell

kek, it's an ex-Royal Mail van. It's got parking sensors with the speakers in the back somewhere so when it's empty it's loud as fuck every time you put it in reverse.

I have fucking autism and this post made me realize it.

Here's why:

Give it a little time. They are rumored to be getting one soon. I have a 2016 wrx and have been extremely happy with it. I went from my mk4 gti to it. The new engine has been really good.

>tfw no recaros

;_;

is my acura civic a hot hatch? it is a hatchback but the body styling is more like a coupe.

liftback coupe

I guess it's technically a hatchback

Does yours have Android Auto built in? Or is that a 2017 thing

wait what? they are not the same? i knew they had a different dash but what about the rest?

I want Recaros, from the MK1.

If a Fiesta ST or Clio RRS are considered hot hatches, what the is the Mazdaspeed 3? A Hell Hatch? Muscle Hatch?

I love my Recaros. Driving at night with the windows down and the heated seats on is great.

I recently got a mk4 tdi golf
>because why the fuck not have a hatchback that can roll coal

they call it god.

We posting our 'Stees lads?

>tfw probably going soon

am i a Hot hatch?

Uh no, it's a four door coupe.

>4 door coupe
That is called a Sedan you fucking moron.

Incorrect. coupes can be four door and sedans can be two door

coupes and sedans arent defined by the amount of doors

In my opinion my car isn't a hatch but some fuckwits call it a hatch because it's boot or "trunk" is the hatch type, so I don't know

Black ones get dirty all the time. Is a pain to keep them clean, but they look great when they are.

I posted the molten orange one up the thread. I've had it just over a week now and at a glance it looks as clean as when I got it. Every other car I've owned has been black and they do look great clean, but it's nice knowing I can wash a car and it won't be filthy the next day.

I've seen you post quite a bit recently. Did you just get the car? I really like it, I drive an FC right now and I WAS going to import an R32 GT-R but I think I might try to find a type-RS or RZ instead... so sexy

PLEASE put some kind of spoiler on her, by the way

Understeer

Android auto must be a 2017 feature. Mine is loaded but I don't have anything like that as far as I know.

What are the issues of the 2016 focus rs? I like the car but wanna be realistic with if I should get it

I've had the car for a few months now, just been posting more for fun

It had a spoiler on it when I got it, but it was god awful, (there it is in the pic) so I took it off, planning to get a better one in the future

>testing out my hot hatch on a local quiet quick road an hour ago
>way over the speed limit, not another car on the road
>get home, check the local Police facebook page
>they had a speed trap set up all day, but had packed up by the time I was driving through

Very close call.

>better
>non factory

also
>multi-lug pattern wheels

So you have a CAI in there, but left the stock intake bolted to the front right beneath the bonnet?

What.

>tfw your 320hp rwd 3500 lb Pontiac Trans Am is a 2dr HATCH

is my car a hot hatch anons

>moving up in age
>drives a riced out focus

kek

He meant the car is aging, you dunce.

They haven't made them in over ten years, which is near twenty in Ford years

>They haven't made them in over ten years

>tfw drive 89-91 honda civic hatch EF

SVT focus with rice mods is super gay

fuck OFF ASSHOLES
THIS IS A FWD THREAD
WE JUST WANT ONE FUCKING THREAD WITHOUT FEELING LIKE SHIT

>THIS IS A FWD THREAD

Where my speed3 pham at?

And to the hatchbacks are for women meme, what if your gay and own a hatch?

What are some RWD hatches available today?

A-am I an hot hatch Veeky Forums?

lol tepid

hi corey

A-and I user?

mk1 ford fiesta
good or bad
pretty rare in the usa they only sold them 2 years

Sure, you can have your opinion of that guys car. No one is contesting that.

I'm just telling you your reading comprehension needs work and that you're a dunce.

>89-91
Wait so your car took three years to produce so they just lumped it all into one MY? Seems legit

That is actually the battery box, and to the left of that is the coilpack cover. The intake for the old box actually goes under that and lets air come up into the CAI anyways.

As for it being there, was in the car when I purchased it.

hey anons, I may be able to trade in my 80s cars to get an 02 focus SVT with 75k miles. is 3500 a good deal from a dealer?

the cons would be that I'd need to fix the faggotshit that the previous owner added. like bodykit and speaker wiring and 31 flavors of other ricer junk, I'm sure.
I test drove it today and it drives pretty nice. but 3500 is a lot for me right now.

this car is bad and you should feel bad

3500 in a pretty good deal for 75k, however I bet the timing belt was not changed.

I picked mine up 3500 last year. I will say though that getting the original parts back will be fun. Also unfucking what ever wiring he did could be a not so fuck experience. There are of course quarks with the car, but what one doesn't.

oh, so is it tough to DIY a timing belt on this? I have a degree in automotive technology but I still haven't been able to get a fucking job and I kinda gave up on that idea. fug.

also, have you ever had any experience with the power sunroof? on my test drive today I opened it and it wouldn't stay closed. also, the power doorlocks need work too and stuff like that. oh yea, and the doors don't seem to have any stoppers. so they open to a full 90 degrees from the body.

still, as much of a can of worms as this may seem, I consider it to be something at least I could fix. less so on welding.

The problem comes to getting the timing to run correct as it has a hydraulic variable timer. Which funny enough doesn't work when the car isn't running.

So doing the belt "can" lead to some problems. Usually throwing a CEL. Outside of that it's a straight forward process, there are people who just cut the system out all together, there are parts sold for it.

I don't have a sunroof so can't say, as for the door locks I believe it's age. Recently my passenger side door lock has become very loud. The Doors sound like some sort of silly modification.

It's a good car, plenty of fun to drive. But if your current car works fine there isn't much of a reason to swap out unless you feel like it. After all 3500 could fix a good bit of problems and or future maintenance.

>throwing a CEL
check engine light?
HAHAHA, funny you say that. it actually has that right now but the guy was like 'yea prolly for emissions. its typical'

so I guess the previous owner was a shit and tried doing that himself. wew lad.

>But if your current car works fine there isn't much of a reason to swap out unless you feel like it. After all 3500 could fix a good bit of problems and or future maintenance.
yeah, I actually already have an 84 fifth ave and an 84 rabbit gti. the VW has a lot of underbody rust that I haven't a clue to fix, and the previous owner also fucked the electrical system and I can't grok how to put it back together how it was originally.
and the fifth ave just won't fucking start now. so I'm just kinda bummin about stuff.

Where I live the Polo is only found with a DSG.
Cheapest to most expensive: Polo GTI < FiST < 208 GTI

Opinions?
I like the look of the Polo and 208 more than the Fiesta (looks kinda fat), the Polo has a nicer interior too imo.
That said, every FiST owner seems to be super happy with theirs and the aftermarket looks good and growing.
Maybe cheaper to own compared to the Polo due to Manuel instad of DSG?

The dsg is horrible. At least the one I test drove was. I didn't look at the Peugeot desu.

I'm satisfied with the ST though. Its great fun.

Hey guys, lookingbinto buying a 2011 2012 fiesta (in the states). Anyone have experience or knowledge on SADEV awd systems? Would love to do this as a project but not sure if it is feasable. Thinking of going duratec instead of ecoboost, too.

a floaty bringer of understeer

getting a much needed wash on sunday, then taken out to some twisties on monday

I'm thinking of buying a Focus ST, am I going to regret not stepping up to the RS or downsizing to the ST?

very nice. does yours have the aluminium bonnet?

get a Focus ST and put a bigger turbo on it. makes even better

I like my MazdaSpeed3.

>Plenty of power with more to unlock
>Handles pretty well for its size/weight
>Plenty of space for people and things (also comfortable)
>Plenty of mods out on the market to have fun

My first mod was a set of lightweight wheels. Next up is probably the rear motor mount and Cobb AP. I'm not planning on ridiculous power, just enough to have a little extra fun.

nope. only the phase 1 172's had that, if i remember correctly

>tfw 1 more year till i can finally get a fiesta st