For which car do you have to pay the highest fanboi tax?

240sx

240SX

N/A Supra

wrx/sti

>trying to find a used hatch
might as well just buy new sedan

Compared to actual value; 240SX, AE86, 90's Corolla, 90's HiLux

Urabus

Wrx/STI for sure, it can be rusted out 250k miles and original turbo, dents the size of a basketball and they will say 7k firm. "I know what I have"

>MKIV Supra
>FD RX-7
>Anything with a "Skyline" badge
>Any Subaru Impreza that has a turbo and is older than 2008
>Any American car older than 1990 and is owned by a boomer
>Pre-2000 Jeep Wranglers
>Any car that has a "built not bought" sticker slapped on it

ferrari 250gto

>90's hilux

Are you serious? I'm thinking of getting one but really?

DeLorean

basically any limited run packages that added performance or visual effects such as
>celica all-Trac
>taurus sho
>eagle talon turbo awd
>stealth r/t
>mercury marauder
etc.

The old sho can be had cheap and they rock. Get and 89 for 4k and be amazed

Japanese: mkIV supra

American: c2 corvette

European: air cooled porches

>C2 corvette
Is this really worth more than the C1, or first gen Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers?

NSX. Those fuckers used to be under 30k used. Now you can't find one under 45k that hasn't had 12 previous owners

C2 was the Stingray. Stupidly popular. Much like how 70's firebirds are much more popular than the 60's ones.

In the muscle car scene, Pontiac guys are definitely the basement dwelling weirdos. I just wanted my GTO because I fell in love with the body style as a kid. But I have to deal with the types of people who put tiger tails on their rear bumpers or call the cars goats. The furries of the classic car world.

>89
>4k
>cheap

Pick two

Why don't you come join the church of Oldsmobile, the other redheaded GM stepson?

No furries, just red rockets.

Pretty much any car that has appeared in a Fast and Furious movie

My grandpa restored one back in the 70s or so, wish I knew what he did with it..

Fuck clicked wrong one to reply to lmao. My grandpa restored one of these in the 70s, totally wish I knew what he did with it.
Ignore this one lol.

Not in my area at least. One kid was a rich fag and drove a GTO in high school. Otherwise the only Firebirds/GTOs I see are either boomer shit or from a dealership.

Because I already own pic related

Toyota Tacoma

The Tacoma tax exists because all the other comparable trucks are garbage. If Rangers and S10s were good Tacomas would be cheaper.

AE86's
It's an underpowered 2-door with a solid rear axle, why it's so desirable is beyond me

+1

Narrowed 5th gen looks cool, makes me wish they'd made a new Capri something like that

just..................

>pretty much anything RWD and manual at this point

FJ40

In america it's definitely the Toyota Supra. That thing is NSX-tier expensive. I guess the NSX also carries a high tax

It's mainly only boomer Corvette fanboys that like C2s. Nearly everyone else in the world (including non-boomer fanboys and non-fanboy boomers) prefers the C3, but those aren't the people that throw tens of thousands of dollars at absolute basket case 'vettes.

Dagumi tax ofc

>Dagumi tax
>RWD tax
>Tsuchiya/JDM tax

Fun af doe

Even Hiluxes, even the 90s one command a heavy tax from JDM importers, 4 Runners too.

N/A Supras are dirt cheap, the RHD ones though

Supra

what car is this, I mean it looks like a mix of a mustang and some older gen BMW.

Americans are going to shit their pants when mk4 supras and s14's and r33's become legal to import, they're going to realize how cheap and bland they actually are.

That's fugly.
Is that a mustang?

Looks like an 05-10 Mustang front shopped onto an E30.

>Celica (all trac) GTFOUR

Is this nigga even serious?

The car is dope and actually it's fairly priced. I would honestly never consider it a racerboy car, mostly because racerboys have never heard of rally. And because it's a rare car.

DON'T. SERIOUSLY DON'T.

They're pretty cheap to get a hold of but damn near impossible to find parts for, especially the ST165. My buddy has had two (currently owns a White ST165) and his adventures in even basic maintenance are frankly ridiculous.

...and it's still slower than my mostly stock WRX bugeye wagon... which is not exactly what I would call fast anyway.

Get ready. This is only the beginning

AE86 Corollas/Trueno

>thanks initial-d

>Drove it 70k miles
>Never abused or modified
This guy thinks he's a car guy. What a complete and utter waste.

>survivor

Its a tie between
>90's Japanese sportcars
or
>Any muscle car pre 1975

Supra, MR2, IS300, AE86
240sx,GTR
any and all Subarus
any M
CRX

Well, when you think how cancerous the miata scene is, it is definetely survivor.

SC300/400?

I have a manual SC300 so I hope it goes up one day

>"No lo-ballers I know what I have."

Being a yurocuck, id probably have to pay fortunes for a Viper, just because of yuro ecocuck laws.

Have to disagree. C2 is pretty sexy looking. Though C3 definitely isn't bad looking, I just think C2 is sexier.

Are you kidding? yurocucks legally aren't allowed to enjoy that kind of power.

>tfw one of five people in the US who likes the C4
I-it's not because I'm broke I swear

Well for the era it's not bad, it's just no where near as good as other body styles.

>pipes through the light

LOL SO RANDOM

993 porsche are stupid

Yeah, I thought it was the most attractive wrong-gen mustang I have ever seen. Then I realized it... I own an e30 so of course I enjoy it haha

M8

The ST185 could get the ST205 3SGTE and bolt ons, you can make decent power out of one.

It's a given, parts in the states are not that plentiful, but not impossible to come by.

The ST165 is even more Scarce so actually the GT4 is for the fag that owns a car that BTFO the Lancer and the Impreza in the WRC which only car people knows.

Normies will say

>durr only 200hp
>durr no aftermarket
>durr my Impreza is better
>Durr the Impreza and evo are rally cars

did the US ever get an AWD Turbo Celica or did we just get the horseshitbox 5S-FE?

The Pulsar GTI-R is also a Homologation special, that doesn't necessarily make it good. Also, I can't speak for the Lancer, but the Impreza only entered the WRC in 1994, the final year Toyota raced the ST185. In the constructors championship Toyota took first, Subaru took second. Not exactly what I would call BTFO. The following year Toyota began racing only the ST205 and got banned on the last two races of 95' for cheating. Partially as a result they ended up Third behind both Subaru and Mitsubishi with Toyota stuck banned for 1996 (although the ST205 did see a couple podiums in the hands of the independent teams). The ST185 was a force to be reckoned with, but the ST165 never saw action versus the Impreza, and the ST205 while moderately competitive only ever saw one First place win in 95'. I'm not saying that the All-Trac Celicas aren't really fun and really cool cars, I just think that (just like Subaru and Mitsubishi) they get a lot 'Rally Prestige' when the reality of their WRC career is a lot more gray.

We got the ST165 and ST185 Celica All-Trac domestically. We didn't get the ST205 however.

Shiit, I screwed up, that first part was in response to