/hbg/ Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. NTR CFW doesn't work at the moment. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good. Update to 5.5.1 recommended.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pqPh917vXSUVNFWEMtelNMYjg/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pqPh917vXSZGdJYmlDQ3FKUmM/view
ebay.com/itm/Clear-White-Soft-TPU-Protective-Case-Skin-Cover-for-New-Nintendo-3DS-Gaming-/262024953299?hash=item3d01e77dd3:g:J9QAAOSwHnFV4Mlt
ebay.com/itm/Clear-Durable-Plastic-Protective-Case-Cover-Shell-for-New-Nintendo-3DS-Console-/262145547414?hash=item3d09179c96:g:i7EAAOSwd0BV4MYJ
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/retailers-are-heading-to-nintendo-europe-in-germany-for-an-announcement/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Taiko DLC

Everything below this post is shit

xth for playing video games

Hi /hbg/, which underrated 3DS game should I pirate today?

Shinobi 3D

Got my N3DS system hacked with A9LH a while ago.

Got my N3DS XL's 11.0 system transferred to the N3DS system, A9LH intact, did the H&S FBI injection and got the Fieldrunners exploit installed.

Now all I gotta do is wait a week and I can transfer my system back to its rightful place on my N3DSXL, and proceed with the firmware downgrade from there.

pocket card jockey

that one that has chibi characters

>it's a no ePSP and PS1 game support today episode

NTR fix when

why didn't you just buy it on the hacked 3ds though then you wouldn't have to wait

So... someone uploaded the Final Fantasy X by Chinkers in the last thread, but why exactly there is a MD5 file to download too? What I do with this file?

Just want to give a huge thanks to all the dumpers and testers!! You guys are fantastic!! My backlog of games just shot up to unlimited!!

oh nevermind
it's up github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4

You suck its dick user

Hope the eggrolls who managed to fix FFX try their hand at god eater

BootNTR Selector update when

Do you guys ever drop your handhelds?

do we need a new firmware.bin?

once on tile but since it's nintendo nothing happened to it

No because I'm not a child.

Yes, I do. But fortunately, I've only dropped them when lying on my couch or bed for now.

Yeah, but GameBoys are fucking invinciblessed.

Unfortunately, transferring the hacked N3DS profile to the N3DS XL I want to hack means losing my StreetPass Mii Plaza save data among other things.

It's far preferable for me to keep my 3DS profile intact, I've been using it since the 3DS launched in March 2011.

I can also restore my N3DS's previous NAND after I transfer my N3DSXL profile back where it belongs.

Or you just dont play your handhelds. its a fuckigg handheld you are bound to drop it if you actually play it

Damn it i want selector. Not this slow shit

MD5 is a "hash" file. You smoke it.

If you run an MD5 hasher on your downloaded file, it should spit out the same value as the MD5 listed by the uploader. Basically it's a way to verify that your download isn't corrupt.

mii plaza data can be backed up though

I play my 3DS plenty and take care of my shit unlike you, klutz.

so, where's the dlc at?

undub version of ffx working too

can someone spoonfeed me a direct link to a mega containing the undub of SMT4 FINAL? please and thank you

There's one on the ISO site

>memory card has been removed when I try to start up adventures of mana

Does anyone else get this problem?

Whered u get that standard n3ds case?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pqPh917vXSUVNFWEMtelNMYjg/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pqPh917vXSZGdJYmlDQ3FKUmM/view

only because you asked nicely

I tried, backing up Mii Plaza data is only possible if you have a hack running to get .CIA installed applications.

Running a .3DSX version of JK's Save Manager lacks the permissions to extract System Save Data, which is where save data for things like Mii Plaza, Mii Maker, the music and camera apps etc are kept.

This ended up being the only way to keep my Mii Plaza data. Now that I've got it on an already hacked system though, I've succeeded in backing it up.

>Gateway still hasn't released an update fix for 11.1.0 yet

Can someone please dump or share a link for Ray Gigant? People have said it's dumped but I can't find it anywhere

thanks, i hate signing up for those sorts of websites.

i have a throw away email account i use for all of this
either way, sorry no mega links because the guys who posted this doesn't want anybody to rehost his link

I'm honestly amazed that they haven't too.

Glad I moved on from Gateway already though.

Paper Mario Sticker Star

Should I delete my homebrew files from my 3ds before I update?
what should be deleted?

They don't call it Gatewait for nothing.

please guys it's the only game I want

is there a way to run miiverse and NTR at the same time?

Funny thing is, launcher fixes for 3DS firmware updates usually come out quickly.

This should not be taking as long as it has, there's probably not any technical hurdles as it should only require updating the offsets they're using.

>PMSS
>Underrated
It's shit and you know it

ebay.com/itm/Clear-White-Soft-TPU-Protective-Case-Skin-Cover-for-New-Nintendo-3DS-Gaming-/262024953299?hash=item3d01e77dd3:g:J9QAAOSwHnFV4Mlt

i've have this one too but i prefer the soft case to the hard case
ebay.com/itm/Clear-Durable-Plastic-Protective-Case-Cover-Shell-for-New-Nintendo-3DS-Console-/262145547414?hash=item3d09179c96:g:i7EAAOSwd0BV4MYJ

What's the IOSU situation at the moment? I haven't been paying any attention to it

nope

I want to CFW my 3ds but I'm to afraid of the softbrick as I'm an ambassador. I'm on 10.4, have the not found a complete solution yet?

check back in 5 hours

you won't softbrick if you format that's the solution, and your ambassador status is irrelevant as any cfw 3ds can get the ambassador app thing and install gba games so losing ambassador status is not an excuse

So my homebrew keeps booting up into a red screen. How do I fix this? My firmware is 9.2 and I have the boot.3dsx in the root of my SD. So why the fuck isnt it working?

HAHAHA FUNNY MEME xD

How are we preventing our vitas from updating??

Mine download the 3.61 update. In henkaku now.

Is there anyway to delete that update?

yes

Don't EVER turn off the vita, or the update will install when you next turn it on

Settings > System > Auto Downloads > Uncheck every box
Homescreen > Click the 3 dots menu item on top right > Click the three dots menu option on system update > Choose Delete

Run Vita Update Blocker if you don't care about connecting online.

Thanks, really torn on which one to pick up. Is the soft one sticky at all? or have a strange smell?

post your sd root

Does the BootNTR Selector even do anything special?

yes

Formating will delete every single game I have for the 3ds. If something fucks up with the backup or the downgrade I will lose everything. And since backup tools are not in the guide I'm better off buying a clean 3ds.

>can select between all 3 versions
>finishes booting and returns to home screen in like 2 seconds
>doesn't do that long ass useless dump if it fails to boot

A couple times. I'm pretty sure vitas are indestructible.

It's just the typical homebrew shit with boot.3dsx

>i don't know what im talking about
sounds like this isn't for you anyway you'll most likely brick like the other retards

Hey france guy, would you mind to upload your FFX dump to mega please?

Ok, i'm retarded, how do i install the homebrew thing into my 3ds

what

Is a hell of a lot quicker and you can choose to use either 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4

Is there a reason to choose between the 3 versions?

3.4 barely works with cheats since is more focus on stream shit but also works with a few special cheats like MHX that requires 3.4. 3.3 is there because idk and 3.2 standard stuff for cheat and whatnot

Do I update Luma before I update to 11.1? Or does it not matter what order I do these things in?

Nine months later and still the same song and dance: "No ETA yet, but it's coming! :)"
That's the situation.

How do I update to Henakaku R6?

go to the website on vita like normal

Update Luma first, to make sure that it has support for the 11.1 3DS firmware.

It's just safer that way.

it keeps saying error c2-12828-1

no order

reboot your system and try again or keep pressing ok

>its a fuckigg handheld you are bound to drop it if you actually play it
Didn't your parent told you to take care of your things or do they buy you a new one each time you shit the bed?

What files did you copy over to fix FFX? I have a US copy that I can fix and upload.

tfw no qt gf to sick my fingers in

3.3 has higher compatibility than 3.2 and is possibly more stable too, but if you boot any game that uses plugins, you can't switch games. 3.4 also has this problem from what I heard.

have you tryed with FFX-2?

How do I even see the overclocking options?

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/retailers-are-heading-to-nintendo-europe-in-germany-for-an-announcement/

NX soon™

Screenshot tools for Luma3DS when

just replace and rename the files that couldn't be dumped properly with mai 233.1
you need a ffx2 dump by the chinese to do the frankendump.

I installed the latest hourly for Luma and now whenever I try to launch the luma updater app, it comes up with an error and reboots my 3ds. What happened?

by not being a retard and reading

thats the problem, I dont know what files are bad user...

nx downgrade when