Severe Autism General

Anyone else never driven a car with more than 200bhp and feel like they'd be happier with a 20+ year old clean base model shitbox with a manual, than a 2016 turbosnore DCT boat like a M4, RS4 etc?

Is it a hipster phase you grow out of after driving fast cars? Is it just being a faggot? Or is it just about liking cars independent of the stats on paper?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivingforpleasure.co.uk/roads-and-tours/uk-road.php?s=2011-09-16-penrith-to-alston-and-haydon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I prefer old light fwd stuff over "real" red sports cars for this same reason

Bumping because I am in a similar situation. Although I think I would like the M4 a lot, but I'd probably like a 170hp NA MR2 more.

Most fun ive had is in an 1986 rx7 NA, a corolla FX16, and an ae86.
Despite having driven 400hp+ cars.

hey i took a pic with op's pictured car.

both are nice desu assuming the E60 is a manuel.

>not having both

>about to sell current car
>could buy a zippy recent model like a Miata or something
>will buy a 30 years old slowboat instead
>would buy an even bigger slowboat if my garage weren't so small
All the racing around collecting tickets on rock hard suspension just ain't worth it. Comfort and style are far nicer.

nah, e60 with a manuel is plain wrong
driven one, it's too big for a manual box
manuals should be for 1/2/3/4 series

Ls400 manual swap with a super charger and a turbo!!

Practical cruisers give you much more enjoyment than a track demon you can only take out once or twice a month.

Agility is more fun and more thrilling than power.

It's fun an all to floor it after a turn before having to slow down again and get your bigger, heavier car around a turn, but having a small light car and maintaining speed through corners and feeling the car move around and be on the edge of traction is much more fun, especially since the speeds you are going (30-120mph) are easily achievable with a smaller engine.

Big power is only fun when you have a large space to hit those insane speeds, and even then it gets boring

>practical
Yeah, if you're a professional Citroensphere mechanic anyway.

Nah senpai boats with a manuel are best. Try a diesel with AWD for maximum clunkiness. Shit turning circle and first gear gets you to 5mph.

It's one example, and yes it's more practical than a 1000hp Supra and will probably need less work than one.

>Pantherbody with Manuel

Take my muney

I've driven a w211 with manual and auto.
Manual is better by a longshot.

ya, mine is a diesel, 400nm for them mad skids

+200 isn't fast though

I've owned a w211 2.7 diesel wagon, idk why should a limousine have a manual aside from easier hooning

power to weight ratio

That's the point.

old cars are lower so they feel awesome to drive.
new mustangs and pretty much everything else are horrible feelwise.
pigfat boats

Honestly? To give me something to do with my left foot while cruising. It's just a personal preference for some people.
Pretty much the only time I'd want auto is when I would use the car for pulling heavy trailers frequently because of the torque converter. Double clutches can go fuck themselves.

My car is objectively quite shit and very slow. But in my opinion the induction noises, engine note and short gearing make it quite a charismatic drive.

Had someone drive my car and he said it handled like a table propped up with a cushion under each leg.

while cruising or hitting twisty roads - manual every day.
But for city driving, traffic jams - fuck no

I live in a rural area, so I might think differently about it would I live somewhere more urban.

I personally can't see myself ever buying an automatic. Even I was the type of driver who did 90% traffic and 10% hooning, the mild suffering of traffic manuel is worth the feeling of rowing through gears when driving like a twat.

I bet something comically large like an Audi A8 LWB but with a manual would be a laugh to drive.

The manual was a 2.2 taxi and the auto was 3.2 both diesel.

The 3.2 had crazy amounts of torque and was actually pretty quick.

But. I hated the auto. It never shifts when I want and it always shifts into second from a dead stop.
Also I feel weird slowing down using brakes only instead of engine braking.

It's a phase you grow out of once you can afford a nice, newer car. You grow to like all the electronics that let you throw it into corners, stomp the accelerator, and come out straight and level.
And ABS. That's a fucking godsend compared to sliding everywhere, especially with people texting all the fucking time.

What's it like to hoon a newer, powerful car? What car was it?

yes but cash for clunkers muh six billion never forget means i can't find a decent saab 9000 turbo in my shit cuntry

you grow out of that phase too eventually ;)

I've never driven a really fast car before, but I've been in a few.

I'd imagine having so much more power than most other cars on the road would get really annoying. Most roads around me have a lot of corners so overtaking is near impossible and probably too narrow to really stay on the power and stay on the right side of the road. I've always preferred hot hatches as they feel fast doing roughly the speed limit and are small enough to keep out of the hedges.

Oh yes, the W211 auto box is sloooow, idk if it's only like that on diesels. But it was good enough for some hooning, at least it wouldn't shift up as I was drifting on roundabouts lol
My current E60 steptronic auto is miles better.
By the way you can still engine brake with an auto, just downshift in manual mode, I've learned that you actually can do the same things as a manual trans, except it's not as "feelsy"

I don't think it would be annoying at all.

My favourite stretch of road is well known, a little too well known, so its basically a haven for enthusiasts. On weekends its not uncommon to see some big head in a Porsche/M3/AMG etc overtaking literally everything as if they are stationary. Where as in a 200bhp-ish car you have to pick your moment to overtake, seems like these guys can just overtake shit everywhere and leave them standing.

Nothing compares to a bike in the overtaking category though, I assume.

I'm the opposite, my favourite road is usually always deserted and I can get up to 80-90mph through it without seeing another car. I've been in a Range Rover Sport that was overtaking most other cars on the road and it's exciting but it's not for me.

I just love my simple, small car. It's mine and I treat it like gold. I would like a faster car, but I'm happy without one.

Trading up to something with some more punch would be like buying my wife some bigger toys. Sure it'd be fun at first, but not worth all the unwanted attention.

I just want to relax and drive the car that fits me.

what the biggest dildo does your wife has?

Mine is link related.

drivingforpleasure.co.uk/roads-and-tours/uk-road.php?s=2011-09-16-penrith-to-alston-and-haydon

It's quite frequently ruined by farmers, cyclists and boy racers in Corsa's. It's also unfortunately a major traffic route. Thankfully it's pretty much 100% dead unless its peak hours or a weekend. There are stretches where even my shitbox can hit 130mph, and I have no doubt a driver with more balls could go way, way faster.

Annoyingly the fastest car I've been in on it is my own. Been in a car much faster than mine on it, but the driver wasn't really willing to hoon.

We call it Chocolate Thunder.

>Miata
>zippy

Really not the word is use.

I'd say it's about liking cars independent of stats. For example, I love V8's in general. The sound of a V8 unleashed on the highway is a beautiful sound that I will never tire of. Doesn't matter how many horses it puts out, I just enjoy the sound.