Infinity and G35 / G37 ?

Hey Veeky Forums I currently drive a 10 year old Chevrolet Impala that is almost to 200k miles. All the paint is coming off and the transmission is dying. I saw a $9k G35 Coupe (2006) with about 130,000 miles and the specs seem pretty good on that. I am looking for something fun to commute in, not race or anything. I don't know anything about Nissan since my family has traditionally bought domestic (ie; American) cars. Infinity is the premium brand of Nissan, right?

Is the G35 good or is it cancer, Veeky Forums? Should I spend like $3k more for a G37 or is the G35 ok?

Thanks friends

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/cars/
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=73179&endYear=2017&modelCode1=370Z&showcaseOwnerId=570159&makeCode1=NISSAN&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=25&showcaseListingId=409635382&mmt=[NISSAN[370Z[]][]]&listingId=432757388&Log=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So does Veeky Forums not like Nissan then?

Honestly, anything would be an upgrade from an Impala.

Get g37 it has almost double the power and better mpgs

its just this guy. nissan is love. nissan is life.

If you get a G35 everyone will know you were too poor for the g37. It's better in every way.

Nissan builds trash. Anyone that knows anything about cars knows this.

>reposting the 240 dash crack pic
you're the mazda fuccboi right?

More than one person hates nissan.
But that dude rekt you.

notice he didn't compare his precious RX to nissan's flagship car or even it's second best car.

>Generalizes the shit out of an entire company
>Thinks he knows anything about cars

Go ahead and compare them to the competition.
Nissan is trash
>sub par reliability
>renault made things worse
>not doing well with mpg or power
>big boring bland ugly cars that rattle and creak off the showroom
>insane amount of customer complaints
>still uses cheapest materials available so they can turn the largest profit
Its like ford tier shit.
Pull your head out of your ass

OP here

I am now scared thanks to this thread

Should I just keep the Impala?

Finance a g37 if you have good credit.

I was just going to buy a used one for like $15,000 cash

I agree with get a G37 its worth it but if its a coupe make sure its in good condtion bc those things have crazy power but with power comes the fuckboi who dont know shit about cars and just floor it anytime they can

Currently own a 2010 G37, used to own a 2006 G35.

G35s when they're older can have oil consumption problems. Mine did and I wasn't surprised to hear others had the same issue. That's likely the main issue you'd want to be wary of. AFAIK, the issue isn't as prominent on the G37, and so far so good. Both are not great on gas, and tires tend to be pretty pricey. But otherwise they're good cars if not a bit heavy. Know that both are GT cars, so altho decently quick, do not think you're hot shit. A V6 Camry is just as quick.

If you get a G35, try and get a manual. The engine in the manuals made 298hp compared to 280 in the automatics. Not a huge difference, but you're on Veeky Forums, so manual or you're a fag.

The G37 makes 330 hp and IMO has a better suspension, smoother engine and smoother trans, and the interior is much improved over the 35.

If it was my money, I'd spend a bit more and get the 37.

i kek'd i also own a G37 and i love her any mods you have on yours

Don't. You'll get a shit g37 for 15k. All high mileage or salvage title

>high mileage
But high mileage for a nissan is 100k miles

I have a 2012 G37 coupe. They are excellent, reliable cars with typical nissan reliability. They are decently quick and the community is still good since the G35 and 350z are cheap enough for the kids but the 37 isn't quite there yet. The earlier models up until 2012 had a rare timing gasket issue. Nissan used a paper gasket and if it fails it requires the top half of the engine to be removed to get to it. This is extremely rare though and will most likely never happen. 2012 and up have a metal gasket instead.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. It's a reliable, quick, easy to daily car that's a good mix between practicality and fun. There's also a healthy mod scene if you're into that.

My mods
>R2C intakes
>Fast Intentions catback
>Fast Intention high flow cats
>RWD rear sway bar
>Swift springs and some wheels.

If you can get a 37 don't get a 35. You'll be disappointed in the power and the they're just old at this point.

Not really, it's mostly stock. I installed a set of modena wheels on it after a pothole fucked one of the stock wheels. I have a K&N panel filter, but that doesn't count as a mod in my mind. Love mine too. I'd still have the G35 if it wasn't for the oil problem tho. I like the styling of the G35 better, but like I told OP, just about everything else is improved on the 37.

I think this is more of your kind of site reddit.com/r/cars/

Busrider pls go.
Always the same poorfag memeing it up

Good to know about the gasket, thanks. Hadn't heard about this issue, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Couldn't agree more on how enjoyable the car is. It's definitely a good one and one of Nissan's better products.

Do these cars suffer the same power steering issues as the sedan/coupe Nissans? I've found that Nissan has yet to make a decent power steering pump for their Altimas.

Glad to help. Like I said, the only reason I know about it is because on the forums there's a concentration of owners who push their cars so you see it more. Even then, it's only maybe 3 guys.

>Know that both are GT cars, so altho decently quick, do not think you're hot shit. A V6 Camry is just as quick.

Ehh, 300+ horsepower makes me think I am hot shit

>If you get a G35, try and get a manual. The engine in the manuals made 298hp compared to 280 in the automatics. Not a huge difference, but you're on Veeky Forums, so manual or you're a fag.

Manuals are for children and old people with corvettes. I am commuting to work.

Nissan products are known to be 'culturally enriched'.

Make sure the one you're buying has been parked on the right side of the tracks, if you get my meaning.

Shut up and buy a civic. If you're not gonna get a manual then just gtfo.

>I buy cars exclusively for attention because I'm a manchild

See? Hahahaha.... theae fuckers are so predictable

>Acts even more like a manchild

>shitposts on Veeky Forums
>calls other 4channers manchildren

You keep on being you, user

Clearly you're a filthy casual so just buy a v6 camry or accord

Manuals are perfect for commuting... Don't know what you are talking about

their alright, could use more power
a lot more they only have torque for the first few gears

engines and quality control are hit and miss ive sunk in around $700 in mines for general repair and labor

best bet is to find a lower mileage one if possible and a manual

G37/IPL or 370z

I prefer the 370z then g37/q60, it has the worst backseats ever unless you happen to know 2 leggless midget.

objectively better styling and feel, better hp and powerband.
better on the eyes and depending where you live not as commonly seen as the infinity badge.

(new Q60 3.0TT w/400hp is damn sexy though)

state side here I paid 15k USD for my 2013 370z touring with 23k miles on it and sub system included at a stealerhsip.

>20+- year old sun baked dash

I have a 2013 G37x user, it's good

Why? I already have a nice, clean, low mileage G37 coupe with an AUTOMATIC transmission. Jelly, faggot? Yes, yes you are.

Where are you from? Closest I've ever seen to that price are a Base '11 with 36k miles for $19k and a '12 Touring with water damage and a rebuilt title for $16k in Kentucky

Forgot to add, the base model was in New Orleans, near me

Oklahoma, just recently sold for it 23k$, in turn for a Subaru Crosstrek since starting a family requires more then 2 seats.

Checking autotrader is a good place to start if you have everything ready to purchase with a quick vin check stealerships will sometimes post wrong sells price, in return they have to match it so long as the page doesn't update.

Was 27k MSRP sticker with a 15k autotrader listing showed sells manger and walked out with the car that day paid in cash.

I've seen several since with close to the same options and millage for around 18-24k.

>that feeling when you see the fucker who bought your car on the road smoking/etc in it.

Anywho they are fantastic cars with solid reliability if you are a wrench head with decent morals to take car of it.

if I ever get around to having the cash to buy a weekend car would buy again.

who cares what Veeky Forums likes

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=73179&endYear=2017&modelCode1=370Z&showcaseOwnerId=570159&makeCode1=NISSAN&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=25&showcaseListingId=409635382&mmt=[NISSAN[370Z[]][]]&listingId=432757388&Log=0

for shits and fucking giggles its the dealership that's been driving it, its still listed.

>27k msrp
You are full of shit.

new touring models Nissan MSRP is 37k new, I had purchased that last year used listed at 27 for 15?

If I hadn't sold it I would post the bill of sell for you.

No, i'm not jelly. When I was looking at G37 listings i completely ignored automatics. Then I realized they don't have cooled seats so now i'm looking for a different car.

>dealer takes 12k off asking price
Lol okay. I guess the dealer you sold it to kept your previous bill of sale, too?

Dealer list price online. bring price to sales manger they have to honor it, had 15k cash in hand, they didnt have any problems with this,

Someone made a listing typo and it cost them money this happens if you buy/sale cars you see it a lot working in auction.

No the fuck they don't. You are absolutely retarded.

>automatic

That might be why. I'm looking at manuals, and they're surprisingly few and far between

And autotrader is the number one place I've been looking. best results out there

Manuals on trims higher then base are usually specialty order other then NISMO trims. I wish you luck finding one.

I purely picked it up due to the price. made a profit selling it so don't feel to bad but was fun while I had it.

No need to be upset. if it makes you feel better yes they do it was turned over with extended warranty to be submitted for extra cash back on the 85k millage warranty since I no longer needed it.

When you're an adult you learn about all kinds of magical legal documents.

>the guy that doesn't know the difference between sell and sale tries telling me about the legality advertising
There is absolutely nothing legally binding on an online ad you absolutely fucking dumbass. Feel free to point to the law that supports your bullshit claims. You'll find it with your non-existant bill of sale.

You are way to angry at the fact a dealership sold a car to someone for a price they had it listed for...

I suggest a cold pillow and bottle of chocolate milk.

My apologize for auto correct, I'm honestly on my day off and way to stoned to care about grammar on Veeky Forums.

If it helps I've paid cash for my last 3 vehicles and each was sold to me for more then 5000$ USD off the sticker listing from online listings discounts other then my XV Crosstrek, it was only 3600$ off listing price.

If you have any questions about G35/37/Q60s or the Nissan Z badge's feel free to ask but fighting over my legal affairs is silly.

>legal affairs
Holy fuck. How many generations of inbreeding are in your family? You claiming that some advertising is legally binding is about like someone across the world claiming they were supposed to have the winning powerball ticket but their reincarnated dead cat bought it instead. But please, by all means, keep making your baseless bullshit claims that you will never be able to back up.

I don't want a manual because I generally text/email or drink coffee with my other hand while driving