/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

space osprey edition
previous ded: Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Space Engineers
>StarMade
>Avorion
>From the Depths
>Factorio
>REM
>Robocraft
>Machinecraftpublic.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Besiege
>Infinifactory
>Scrap Mechanic
>Robot Arena 2
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Algodoo
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>minecraft
>you-know-what
>hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Tommyfoxy2/status/778034279364177920
soundcloud.com/oneohtrix-point-never/ezra
3dvce.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=g7QKupBLbMc
youtube.com/watch?v=acxfahXwMeE
boards.Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for comfy

Xnth for retractable landing gear based on door block being like landing on doors an not landing gear for stability and not breaking everything

k who fucked up the pastebin

post lewd gun platforms

mein first attempt

More like this. I don't care about your clangy sim speed eaters.

Oh we don't have those then.
Yet

OP fucked up the OP again.
KEK.

F

the ship was actually still and suit dampeners off, but I guess it thought I should still be moving at 400 m/s

still takes way too long to build shit, I hate hate hate hate components

Thats why creative, best way to do quick tests, and then aply it to survival.
Sometimes, a ship or a concept was even a month before i even dare to build it in my survival run.

I kinda enjoy some of the limitations of survival, like having to make a scaffold to build that solar tower, but running back and forth carrying 1/10th of the materials you need to place a single block is killing me, I'd rather go long distance mining in elite dangerous

Thats where you need a hand or 2.
Remember that "big" components go thorugh "big" conveyors.

>not digging moat
>shooting dogs
>not building the solar panels at least at 200m from the ground so that they will work all night since marek is too fucking stupid to realize that if you're in the shadow of a planet it's not the same than being in the shadow of an asteroid
3/10 apply yourself

honestly, I use the realistic inventory size because so ships will have nice limitations and built/stored blocks will have the same weight, but not having the 10x inventory on foot is literally painful.

the personal inventory is just too limited, components should be lighter.

delete this

You can put welders or grinders as gloves.
I need to work a little more on that shit.
And make it better.

also, 10x inventory cargo ships are infeasible on blandets in vanilla

You're seriously shooting yourself in the foor by playing A) starting on planets, B) playing in 1x inventory, and 3) playing vanilla

recipes are difficult to remember too, so it slows you down while trying to remember which ones you need to carry or which ones to manufacture

the whole thing needs simplification, welding blocks together with components is kinda cool but its too tedious to make anything large with

once you get worker bees that can hold a whole bunch of shit at once I guess it gets easier, but before then you're basically boned

here is the starting point.

Nice knowing you.

>trying to remember which ones you need to carry or which ones to manufacture
Wield the block you're trying to build, go to a cargo container that contains the components, right-click in an empty space.

Boom, components in your personal inventory. If you don't have the components required and/or not enough room, a warning message appears. Also, if you don't have enough room, go back to the container after you placed the first set of components you picked up and right click into an empty space again.

If you did not a mobile welder ship, also acts as a component mover and hydrogen/oxy/power regen, then it is your own fault making yourself work so hard.

How did you not know? ITs great its got QT russian girls and in my opinion cooler ship designs.

have you tried using Control Module mod?
it's pretty easy and you can bind everything to real keys and mouse, no need for the hotbar anymore.

That's not true, 1x inventory adds a nice challenge to the game and it's not THAT limiting.
But surely, to a first time player I'd suggest 10x inventory especially on planets where you have to run back and forth.

undocumented features don't exist

I can't make a worker bee yet, probably not for a while

undocumented features don't exist

I can't make a worker bee yet, probably not for a while
>ASPergers

The only mistake one can make starting on planets is to go after ore deposits instead of rocks on the surface.
The only time I needed to get to a vein was when I was building the nanite factory, because gold is pretty rare in rocks.

>Nanite Factory
Which serb?

I know the mod, but dont put it in any that im not taking seriously.

Now the hot thing is the Vtol Script, it alows you to use wasd to control thrusters on rotors.
The only thing you need aside from the timer and pb, its 1 thruster facing in the direction you want to be binded in the main body.
So you put 1 thruster facing down and another facing backwards. and you will be able to control ships with multiple grids using wasd.

The idea is kinda retarded, its better with 1 arm and more joints to be more flexible.

>tfw im thinking about making a devastator from many smaller constructicons ships.

>havent played empyreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeon in a long time
>want to see whats new
>want to build spess ship
>oh boy, time to gather materials
>tfw forgot i have to mine everything by hand with a fucking lazer rifle that uses up ammo

Mining in Empyreon is the most unfun shit ever.

How do I make a really floaty plane/helicopter/whatever in FtD, /egg/?

I mean something that can land on water and maybe even function properly on it instead of just in the air.

Has anyone made something like that? Post if you did please.

>I mean something that can land on water and maybe even function properly on it instead of just in the air.
why not an air vehicle that doubles as a submarine

That's the first thing I'll be making as soon as some kind of rotating joints are added so I can rotate propellers or jets or something like an underwater VTOL.

Don't know why but my first thought was that, that was from eva 3.0...

>how did I not know
I have an excuse - I watched it over 10 years ago in Ukrainian at my grandparents' dacha during the summer. I thought it was a one-and-done, based on the ambiguous ending. I only recently rewatched it and didn't keep up to date.

>QT Russian girls
Sophia best girl

why didn't anyone tell me that building ships in the FTD campaign is actually fun?

Is it possible to make vertical launch torpedoes in FtD? I thought about giving them a thruster and propeller combo with little fuel, but then i realized that the thruster would eat the fuel up and it'd probably not be able to keep it's forward momentum when it hits the water.

We don't use the f-word here.

>introduce some event cosmetic for some old meme day
>it breaks the game
How many levels of CLANG are we on now?

twitter.com/Tommyfoxy2/status/778034279364177920

Reminder that they said theya re talking about leaving early acess soon, and offering $45 permanent premium time to random new players as an experiment to see how many people they can screw out of $45 before quitting.

Its all tumbling down.

Where does /egg/ get their music from. Without Kickass around anymore Im lost.

>he doesn't rip directly from the source
soundcloud.com/oneohtrix-point-never/ezra

initial d

>what are spin blocks

Happy birthday to me, I got an nvidia gtx 750ti, it's not even my fucking pc. Am I correct seeing this is from bloody 2014? Am I missing something with this card or is it cheap rubbish? The card atm is probably from 2010.

I built this crap that can take off land on water

>nvidia

Hopefully I can get them to go halves with me on a AMD RX 480. Need that vr performance.

Kickass mirrors, Soulseek

Youtube. Seriously. The kind of music I listen to are obscure and all-over-the-place as fuark.

You can probably play most if not all pc games at medium high settings at a 900p resolutio. Though I do not know much about the 700 series.

Anyway, Happy Birthday.

Thanks. Also got honey rum which is awesome.

>all the unique ores on the spengies server were working fine
>now they just give me stone and ice after i've logged off and logged in once
anyone else have this issue?

yeah it's basically rubbish, used to be decent for its price class but now it's competing directly with r9 380 and gtx 960

3dvce.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Are you ready for bioclang?

youtube.com/watch?v=g7QKupBLbMc

youtube.com/watch?v=acxfahXwMeE

Lander bump

Emergent properties are very curious, they appear everywhere in the most diverse ways you can imagine

Is there any spungos scriptulature that would diddle with inertial damps or thrust override to allow the safe delivery of unmanned cargo from orbit? And then perhaps light a beacon on touchdown?

>p10

use a variable thruster set to minimum+ejectors?
also, you're trying to shoot a torpedo out of the top of the ship, right?

they probably had no idea and just bought something overpriced at a local store

It's my bf, it is his computer mostly, he is the one (supposedly) who knows about computers more.

Is the rx 480 a meme card or actually decent for vr?

set ejectors to launch them up and away from the ship

>I give you that automated construction and repairs are a must
We've had that capability since blueprints and projectors were introduced.

>over 10 years ago
damn

Yeah the russian girls are great. theres also some chick named Senpai, senpai

it turns into moeshit

>/padg/ qts show up in search again
All is right.

please do proper search instead of being lazy

750ti will be serviceable if it's anything like the 650Ti, which I still use

But only the EVGA Superclocked edition.

>'egg' isn't good enough
Enjoy your single result with no qt to mire for a few seconds.

Not that user but I have boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/catalog#s=/egg/ bookmarked

I miss early ACCS

>not adding it to the filters
>not having qts all around your first /egg/ thread
I seriously hope the reason is that you clear your cookies everytime you exit the browser.

>had a 670 PE
>thingken about upgrading to something a little more upper end
>stepfather gifts me a 960
Eh

On firelagfox, I only have to search /egg/.

On Microsoft Edge, I have to search for 'engineering'. Anyone know how to get webms to work for Microsoft Edge?

It is weird that Internet Explorer and all the other Browser apps in Microsoft Store can play Webms on this Mongolian cave painting e-panel.

dead thread

>gay

dead games

install a directshow codec for webms

>straight

>win 10

ok, thanks. I will try that.

You guys build any gun platforms, yet? Posted mein already.

>user talking about weapons platforms

Now I'm heavily debating what to do with my next project.

Do I go full warship corvette, battle-ready space metal church, or a carrier thing that can just shit out a defensive grid of solar powered energy weapon platforms?

battle-ready space metal church, or are you some kind of heretic?

make a dick and go fuck yourself tbhfam

The problem with that is the block count and sheep space needed to make an effective and aesthetic spacechurch

;^)

I was thinking about deploying weapon platforms in low orbit Ice moon, but Ced will probably freak about the high part count.

Can you actually orbit a blant in SE?

Heh.

With spengos garbage weapons and engagement ranges, orbital platforms are useless. You're better off with closer, smaller, self sufficient platforms

Unless of course you mean a platform to mount torpedoes to, at which point Ced would be more upset at the resulting grid count from all the busted torps.

>tfw you will never go NEET and spend all your time unspaghettifying SE code
why live

Who has the time to do anything?

>Who has the time to do anything?
What did he mean with this?

Anything has who to do the time?

Jesus fuck when did /egg/ become /v/