/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

(((Rhodoks))) edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16 :
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/Kc6hzaW1

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
full download
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8
patch from earlier versions to 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!dt5mQQJL!TJaUZk2ZQDjRdyezFyRWrVhIKNY9pLk2rpMQeM5AqzI

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,331897.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Prima Nocta is the birthright of every Noble.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

I was considering it, but I'd like to do something more with my half-Frank who wishes he was like the true Charles Martel, though starting as a king will probably happen. Maybe as one of the Briton kings or the king of Wessex. What I might do is abandon my current faction and join the last Welsh faction since they're down to a single city and it might be fun to see if I can help them reclaim glory for a bit.

you never answered my question cow cow poster

post your crew

you could always import your character in a new game as a kingly start
i understand the sentiment of continuing on with the same character

Has the source code for swede mayo been released?

Don't talk about Dynasty Warriors to me ever again.

Might as well pirate it and see if you like it first before you buy it.

yeah, last year
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,331897.0.html

nth for The Great Khanate

I could do that. Could rename the king and edit his looks to fit my guy, right?

This is a hard decision which I'll have to answer when I replay Viking Conquest again. They finally got rid of the cucking mechanic, so now there is no worry about getting married. Well, there is still the worry about marrying an ugly woman because VC women.

I thought you loved the Dynasty Warriors lore though?

I may since I'd like to have all the options available to me for character customization but fuck paying $185 for cosmetic DLC wtf are they thinking you can get away with that on a console but not on the PC

>you will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

ACOK source code where?

>$185 cosmetic DLC

Pirate the fuck out of it with no regrets.

well when you pick kingly start you can choose your own name and even faction name
you start with lots of stats and gear too

I don't normally do this kind of thing.

recommend me a god torrent site?

Also since you seem to be the Dynasty Warriors Lore Master did they really have mercenaries from Wales?

LONG MAY HE REIGN, REMOVE RHODOK.

I did not know that the kingly start provided all of that. I thought it was just "You can play an existing king and that's that". Thank you for all of this information, user.

yeah just start it and fuck around with it to see what's what

In real life? Yes they did.

I used to use a private tracker, but that was awhile ago. Far as I know, that place is dead. Ask another user.

Wales is filled with nothing but pathetic Celts and sheep shaggers.

Who do you think is the cow-cow of the hundred years war?

nth for the ETERNAL RHODOK

Do Leader skills give you bonuses like Party skills do? Like will my inventory expand if I give companions Inventory Management as it's a Leader skill?

Probably the Black Prince, competent and yet strangely loyal. That or Jeanne herself, Cao Cao's biggest thing was attracting shitloads of competent people.

Well, you were right, mate. King start wasn't what I was thinking at all, and it allowed me to make my own guy, who would become the king of an existing faction. One thing I noticed is that you can only allow yourself to be a landowner for occupation. No being a priest of war here. Will probably do the Lord or King start when I go back to VC. Using it to make my current favorite guy king? Not so sure.

very few mods actually let you do this which is lame, especially when you've got large scale mods like 1257 or geko where you'd want to start as a faction in order to play it as a grand strategy

What is your current career user?

It's a pretty great feature and I would add this as another strength VC has over other mods. I think Jacuck's mob (Sayazn or whatever) has something like this as well. Would be great to see this in other mods, though I think someone from /mbg/ would have to be the one to add it in. Feels like a lot of modders went quiet.

He's a servant of the Cao Cao poster.

i know it's in hispania but it isn't as polished

Is this what the steppe waifus do in their free time?

Never played this before, which version of the game do I buy?

Nope, leader skills are individual.

Warband, original mount and blade is outdated and with fire and sword kinda sucks.

Warband is the most popular and is the one almost everyone in here is playing. Most mods we talk about are for Warband.

Mount & Blade has a few mods that never got ported to Warband, like 1866.

Fire & Sword has potential, but has too many issues and basically no mods.

Are the DLCs really necessary? The price is doubled with them.

Not in the slightest.
Napoleonic wars is a neat multiplayer only addon, not sure how active it is now.
Viking conquest is just an alternate campaign setting with a lot of questionable changes to game mechanics, and multiplayer that no one plays.
Mods only ever require the base game so you're fine with just that, plus vanilla is fun enough on its own.

read the pastebin

Absolutely, positively no. Napoleonic Wars is used as a base for some other multiplayer-only mods, like a certain version of Zulu Wars, but if you don't care for multiplayer or don't care for guns, not needed.

Viking Conquest is a paid mod that I personally consider fun, but no one uses anything from VC in their mods, so you don't need it as a base for anything else. The team that made Viking Conquest made a free mod years ago that is also set in "Dark Age" Britain called Brytenwalda, so you could just play that if you wanted to see what VC is sorta like.

>(((Rhodoks))) edition.

>STILL not even a release date for bonerlord

it's never coming out dude get over it

Post how long you've waited for Bannerlord.

Since I first saw that teaser trailer that basically gave away no information so many years ago. You?

What year was it again?

2012. That teaser will be four years old next week.

Th-thanks

We will surely get the Bannerlord early access by the end of 2016, user.

ded

How dumb am I for making my new character infantry only, and using melee/throwing?
So far my heavy throwing axes are hitting for pretty ridiculous numbers

3 Throwing Weapons
Shield
No Mount
Bitch Build

ATM I'm going sword, shield and two bags of axes and it's working better than expected.

I wish someone would still the neat features of WFAS and put them into dimplomacy. Stuff like being able to order equipment, recruitment being separated into villages and towns, more buildings

I know VC & B&G:C! released source but did WFAS or Napo?

I'm posting Aunt Jemima until we get a Surf Nazis Must Die mod.

>wales

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla until we get a good Post-Apocalypse mod.

how come my companions stopped spawning with me in scenes in gekonewer? they used to at the start

Did you charisma or leadership go down? If I remember correctly one of those effects how many people you get to bring with you.

I've also heard things go wonky in geko into long games so I'm sure gekonewer is the same.

>Did you charisma or leadership go down?
nope
>If I remember correctly one of those effects how many people you get to bring with you.
I guess I just dont get to bring any friends, shame

>I've also heard things go wonky in geko into long games so I'm sure gekonewer is the same.
this must be it

thing is to do that you'd kinda have to rework native trees a bunch
yeah all paid M&B related stuff have released source

>this must be it
I know from experience and hearing from other people the sashimono script at some point will stop working but never heard of your issue happening. Your best bet would be the gekokujo forums on taleworlds they are pretty helpful over there.

Troops along with items are easy to edit though.

humungus WOT?

>the sashimono script
whats that?

The script that gives units their sashimono at the start of every battle.

they are but you're getting away from native style

If you want to be a purist just make both trees the same as native then,

I want it in every mod so I can better change it to suit my own wishes. I like the way it is done in Geko.

oh i know i'm just playing doubles advocate
dunno how you'd change it though

>dunno how you'd change it though
Do you mean the troop trees in native?
I actually do like the native troop tree for keeping the game as close to native as possible.

I'd copy and paste each factions troop tree.
The only changes I would make:
The tree from Villages have the top tier unit removed.
The tree from Towns have the bottom tier unit removed.

So recruiting from a Village would give you more troops. More at higher tiers if you have good relations as regular native. They will just never be the best. No Knights from a village.

Recruiting from a Town gives less troops but they start a tier higher. Relations with a Town would effect recruitment the same as with a Village though. They will become the best units in the game though.

I was thinking that village scum should never go above tier 2-3 so swadians can be at max level a militia or a footman

and at towns you'd need to build barracks, stables and shit, like you have to in WFAS to get sergeants, men at arms and knights

Oh really is that how it works in WFAS? I've never played it.

Sounds similar to B&G:C! where you need a stable for cav, training range for muskets, forge for canons ect.

Also upstab mod seems to JUST FUCK MY SHIP UP. Tried switching back to native and didn't have this issue.

>Oh really is that how it works in WFAS?
well its a bit different, the village folk dont upgrade at all as far as I remember they just get called blabla villager veteran/elite/etc. Their equipment stays the same, to get soldiers with quality equipment you need to build recruitment buildings

the WFAS system is different to 1257's or geko's where it's just two troop trees split, rather than being joined in native
in WFAS it's like there's 3 groups of troops but they're generally not connected in trees, the only troop upgrading that goes on is turning troops into (veteran)
>Also upstab mod seems to JUST FUCK MY SHIP UP. Tried switching back to native and didn't have this issue.
that pic related? no idea since it's working fine for me, make sure you installed it right maybe?

> to get soldiers with quality equipment you need to build recruitment buildings
I hope it is similair to this in bannerlord. Like in B&G:C! you have to build a stable for cav, training range for ranged units, a foundry for cannon and then there is a building that I forget the name of that makes them all vet. troops.

I guess they should be similar, the WFAS steam page lists TaleWorlds Entertainment as the developer but wasn't it also the caribbean! guys, Snowbird Games?

>that pic related?
yes
>no idea since it's working fine for me, make sure you installed it right maybe?
This was it. I tried to make it it's own modular to keep native but it has to be installed over native to work.

>the village folk dont upgrade at all as far as I remember they just get called blabla villager veteran/elite/etc
basically it's peasant>peasant pike or peasant musket>peasant pike (veteran) or peasant musket (veteran)
personally i'm not a fan of how WFAS/caribbean do troop upgrades, trying to wrap your head around it in morgh's is the worst too

Well, to make it far with how lords actually need to raise shit properly now, that means they would have to build the same structures.
Logically those structures would still exist when you take over a place, unless there's some mechanic for siege weapons breaking shit inside or something.

I do think it king of sucks that all the troops you recruit besides the "peast-tree" ones at message boards are already fully upgraded. It pretty much makes the Trainer skill pointless.

The only reason to level Trainer in B&G:C! is for PIC RELATED.

>that means they would have to build the same structures
Seeing as how Captain Slut keeps pushing it as a "simulated medieval world" with a "simulated economy" lords upgrading their shit would be a given.

>I guess they should be similar, the WFAS steam page lists TaleWorlds Entertainment as the developer but wasn't it also the caribbean! guys, Snowbird Games?
snowbird made both yeah, taleworlds worked closely with them as they did with all paid M&B content, like flying squirrel for NW and the brytenwalda devs
>This was it. I tried to make it it's own modular to keep native but it has to be installed over native to work.
might've been able to just copy paste native, rename the copied one to backup, then install it over the native one

To late now. I'll have to rename it to B&G:C!_Upstab or something and verify game cache to re-download native. No big deal though.

you'll have to change the savegame folder name then too

Upstab said changes to troops aren't save game compatible so I'm going to have to start a new game anyway.

I strongly prefer WFAS system desu, Native is stupid, some peasant becoming a knight? a noble? with high quality equipment and all you pay for it is 120d?

its ridiculous because you can still be a shit smeared manhunter yourself, but somehow you are followed by a bunch of knights

oh native system is dumb i agree, but i prefer the geko/1257 system overall since it's sort of a compromise between the two
big problem in WFAS is the large amount of redundant troops you get out of it, and the naming system is terrible

I feel like the samurai aren't sufficiently stronger than the ashigaru in gekonewer

i meant more the system, stuff like stats and gear isn't an issue since you can figure that out easily

I had "nerf ashigaru" written down on my notepad but I couldn't figure out the best way t go about it so I didn't touch them.

I can't remember if the units in Geko have assigned stats or if they are all below-level and then randomly generated according to level.

I probably should of just checked their Power Strike and lowered it.

probably lower their attributes and skills
>I can't remember if the units in Geko have assigned stats or if they are all below-level and then randomly generated according to level.
i would assume so, most mods tend to do that since it's what native does (and is really stupid)
only mod that comes to mind that actually assigns attributes is PooP

eh, fair enough, I still want to have to build barracks and shit, simply because I want more in depth city management

i do like that system but then why have troop upgrade progression at all? it makes more sense in a setting like WFAS or caribbean too since you're approaching a more standardized age

well the veteran/elite system makes sense, with time and experience the guys are simply better at using their gear

T4 Spearmen have 3/3/4 IF/PS/Ath and 220ish Prof.
both have radom Stats
T3 Samurai have 4/4/4 IF/PS/Ath and 220 Prof.

Not every faction gets a T4 spearmen
Every faction gets a T3 samurai and some even get a T4(hatamoto) or T5(hero)

Should a ashigaru "Elite" have the same weapon proficiency as a samurai "Officer"?

What numbers exactly do you mean by
>attributes
? Stats, Proficiencies, skills, or do you mean all three?

>What numbers exactly do you mean by
stats, in part skills
basically native (and most other mods) tend to have troops have the base attributes (7str, 5agi, 4int, 4cha) and base skills (1 riding, 2, inventory management, 1 prisoner management, 1 leadership, 2 trade which is to prevent, to some extent, absurd skill randomization
a few troops will have some pre-allocated attributes like with swadian sharpshooters, who start with 14 str, 10 agi, 4 int, 4 cha
of course this is a massive massive problem because you can get fucked in the ass by attribute and skill RNG, where your swadian knights could quite possibly have 10 points in cha making them significantly less effective than your last game where they had those points in str, as well as having points in a bunch of useless skills

what.the.fug

who thought that was a good idea?

You might be able to get too powerful in Silverstag.

maybe it was to balance higher tier troops? though if they wanted to do that they should've split strength into two attributes
either way you're just relying on RNG, dumb thing is it's incredibly easy to fix (albeit time consuming)

>play a Nord lord with Huscarl/Rhodok Sharpshooter army
>encounter an elite Rhodok army in the desert
>Rhodok Sergeants shit on my troops
>check their stats later
>Huscarls have pitiful STR and only 59 HP, Rhodok Sergeants have 61 HP
such cases

where the sex mod at?
I WANT TIDDIES