His V8 uses pushrods

>his V8 uses pushrods

>his rear suspension isn't independent

>his car has plastic in its interior

Now this is actually funny. There's no excuse to use an inferior valvetrain except if you have that redneck "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mindset.

>2011+5
>Pushrods

Why would that matter?
400hp is 400hp and if I'm not mistaken, pushrod engines usually make more torque, are a smaller package, and get better mpgs.
I'm not sure what's not to like.

>smaller package

5.0L DOHC Coyote
>28" Length
>26" Height
>27.5" Wide
>444lbs

LS1
>28.75" Length
>28.25" Height
>25" Wide
>440lbs

>actually buying premium gasoline for your fukkin mazda

i know too any of these irl and it hurts

So, we're comparing engines 15 years apart then? Oh, I figured if you wanted to compare the ls1 to something it would, you know, be built around the same time, like maybe the 4.6.

By your logic I can compare the ls to a 1980s ford block, but then you'd cry foul.

The 5.0 though, it's still that big while being only 5 liters? He'll the ls architecture goes up to 7 liters. Where's ford at?

I cousin of my GF buys premium gas for her 2002 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 shitbox.

>no! don't make comparisons that hurt my feelings

I just thought we were making comparisons that weren't retarded.

My mistake.

>Better weight distribution
>Similar performance up to ~8500RPM in consumer cars
>Lighter
>More displacement in a similarly sized block

And yet the LS supports 15% more displacement than the Modular. Also, height is incorrect due to different style of intake manifold.

>not knowing how octane ratings work
Which grade of gas your car needs to run properly is determined by its compression ratio and whether or not it has forced induction. The whole regular/midgrade/premium naming scheme is entirely by jews who want to scam dumb people who don't know any better into buying premium thinking it's better for their car even if it doesn't require it.

Unless your car has a high compression ratio (I'd say about 10.0:1 or above) or is turbo/supercharged, you don't need premium. But putting 87 into a car that requires 93 can damage your engine and make it run poorly with detonation/knocking, even if you think it's a shitbox that doesn't deserve "premium" gas. There are plenty of mazdas that require premium.

TL;DR: Put the grade of gas in your car that your owner's manual recommends. Premium in a car that doesn't need it is literally burning money, and regular in a car that needs premium is destructive.

>displacement

>better mpgs
Compared to what?

im well aware of this but this guy buys 94 for his mazda speed 3, which has a turbo on it but not nearly enough to require or even benefit from that kind of gas. we live in texas so gas is cheap as shit but still i dont get it. he says the inside of his gas tank cover says 90 or above but really unleaded is 88 is that gonna do a lot of damage?

A similar displacement ohc engine (and no, don't compare a 3500 series truck to a 2000lbs car, that's stupid)

Yes. It's a turbo, it requires premium. Its effective compression ratio (after boost) is much higher than that of an NA car. You will detonate and blow holes in your pistons/ringlands without premium.

Nobody is stupid enough to put 7.0L in a DOHC V8. Pushrods are objectively inferior for MPGs compared to OHC.

Pic related though: A Ford Modular vs. a Ford Windsor. One of these engines can support 7L of displacement, the other can only go up to ~6L. Guess which one.

see

>but muh tofu
>muh dagumi
>muh initiar D

What we're seeing in your pic is a chassis problem, not an engine problem - and the rest of your post is just banter without a proper argument.

>Pushrods are objectively inferior for MPGs compared to OHC.
No, because pushrods are 10 times easier to put variable displacement in, thanks to easily accessible lifters (and their oil supply). Also, since they cannot rely on revving to make power, they've actually got torque down low.

All else kept constant, displacement is what gives you power.

>most fuel efficient cars on the planet use ohc
>im smarter than an engineer
lol, no

>implying gm fangirls are intelligent enough to understand that

guess which can bang out 800hp+ on stock internals

>2016
>using pushrods

Most fuel efficient cars on an empty track used for extreme MPG competition are indeed OHC. Practical purposes are something different entirely. For example, the theoretical maximum MPG you could get would probably be from some kind of rotary running (and completely built for) at a constant RPM, charging batteries for a set of electric motors.

>implying I'm not an engineer

1v1 me fggt.

>Highest Modular output in a factory car: 662hp (5.8L Trinity)
>Highest Windsor output in a factory car: 750 hp (S7 TT)

What's even funnier is that the Trinity needs a full Bar of boost, while the S7 takes 0.4.

>2016
>still can't make a car where a valve doesn't stick and burst into flames

>2016
>gm has NEVER beaten ford at lemans

kek, better delete this before this cuck starts raging

>this assmad your ecocuck engine caught fire and you have to move goalposts
Go on, sperg out again about how someone left the gas cap off.

>having to samefag because you're such a desperate nigger
Kek. Get a job and maybe you won't have to be like your poor family and ride around in a Pontiac with 300k miles.

>cuck is projecting
lol
kek, too late now

Lel, i hit a nerve

>this triggers the cuck

>dumb nigger using phone and computer on the same wifi can't figure out why he still has to wait a minute between posts
Kek. Laugh all you want, you're still the hoodrat living in slums bumming rides from furfags.
>assmad, cuck, projecting, nerves all incoming

>gets proven wrong
>hurr ur using a computer
lol
>no! don't use my trigger words!
Stay BTFO.

>mfw my 4.0l i6 AMC/Jeep Straight Six uses Pushrods
>revs to 5200+
Fucking impressive for a 30 year old engine honestly it HAULS i know its only 100kw+ but HOLY fuck the torque is amazing

>muh ls1
Nuff said 6200 redline revs for days, 300rwhp

>proven wrong
Funny...there was only one reply and it was you. Dumbass nigger. Didn't think that one through did you?

I already posted an image proving it wasn't me. I don't care if you don't believe me. Stay mad.

Where's the other person..they magically disappeared, huh? Must be your dad.

>everyone spends hours wasting their lives away on the internet like you
Some people have lives.

>says the nigger that spams 100 threads a day for hours at a time
Fuck off already dindu.

Still triggered, cuck? Stay BTFO.

Kek. Enjoy your little fantasy playing a character online you mentally ill ape. You'll still go to bed poor as fuck and still wake up a nigger.

>projecting this hard