/mcg/ - Minecraft general

return of the hobo editon
Previous jej: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/railcraft-cosmetic-additions
pastebin.com/bNqUwP1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for nothing

2nd for GT5U and Magneticraft available for 1.10

/mcg/ 1.10 server WHEN
ive played out almost every mod on 1.7.10, there is literally no mod on hobocraft i haven't played to death. if you weren't going to do anything new could you at least not reset the map?
i know you guys hate 1.10 because none of the additions are worth breaking mods, but it runs decently and trying out new mods would be nice.

5rd for Gregtech

Is it possible to completely delete a mystcraft age from your world? Could I just go into my minecraft folder and delete it's dimension folder, or would that not completely get rid of it?

>map completely fucked
>terrible mods
>people crashing when logging in
>why did he wipe

i didn't know that was the issue.
still, since all progress was lost anyway, wouldn't it be the perfect time to try a different set of mods?
there are a few i think would be great but i would hate to play it alone, and it seems that literally every other minecraft group that could reasonably play together are complete cancer

daily reminder that the circlejerk is real

>buddy wants to start a prank war after watching some faggy letsplayer
>cave because he would probably start doing it anyway
Should I do a shock an awe campaign to get him to stop or keep shit low key so he doesn't escalate and cause lasting damage to my shit? Is hooking up a powered creeper spawner somewhere under his floor going too far?

>prank war

You should help him find the most painful and humiliating method of suicide.

:^)

>try adding Project Red to my pack, even though I had to download 7 files (and it got another one with the deploader) there's no way it's that bad right
>pack load time got increased by 4 minutes
Dear fuck. Back to RedLogic I go.

I'm trying to hide the overall look of this Iron Golem farm I made by giving it the appearance of an iron processing plant. Turns out that it's hard to do because one has to consider the functionality (i.e., I don't want to build up if it would affect the farm itself). What I currently have, for some reason, also doesn't give off the feel of a factory-type building.

Any tips?

any experiences with rockhounding mods? like the idea but i know it'll turn into inventory tetris

>tetris

more like inventory sudoku

>powered creepers
>a prank
learn to have fun you autist
you don't want him to do damage to your shit, so why the fuck would a powered creeper spawner be remotely fine to do to him

is it fun?

I was trying to think of a prank that was as much fun for him as this shit is for me. Probably a bad idea to do something damaging though.
>tfw if I had installed witchery this shit would be over day one

steal all his ores, dump them into lava while he watches, say "it's just a prank bro"

I dunno, annoying is probably the way to go. He uses pressure plates pretty extensively in his base, so I guess I could hook them up to note blocks or something.

>prank war

that's why I like my singleplayer world just fine, thank you

somebody port strata to 1.10 for me plz

>try playing modpack
>spend too long building
>lose all desire to play
Suffering
>1.10
>>>>>>>>>

all oldfags need to die already

not before "MUH MOST RECENT" dumbasses like you who think Mojang can make worthwhile changes to the game

Make it of colors that match the desert

ten

It increasingly seems that there are mods for the new versions which matter.

That means making more bricks. Fuck.
And to think I already made two buildings out of brick.

you could do it last I checked from a world's save folder

however, mystcraft dimension IDs are random, so good luck finding out the one you want to delete

Creepers tongue my enderpearl

>minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/railcraft-cosmetic-additions
Railcraft Cosmetics update bois
New carts and shit

Also bump

So I dropped that new jar into my install and took out the old RCcosmetics and it kills the clients as soon as I try to enter the world. Did it twice in a row just to make sure this was the case. Worked fine before.

pastebin.com/bNqUwP1g

>works fine for me

You did actually READ that crashlog, right? There's nothing visible pointing at RCA as the cause. Looks more like chickenbugs WR is the issue.
But just try removing RCA from your instance fully first so blocks/entities are deleted, then load it in fresh.

That game turned into so much shit

>using any of chickenbones mods besides nei
Why are people so stupid

why isnt hoboserb not working

jews

But it is.
Take your double negatives elsewhere though

Terrain pregen. Supposed to work around a weird conflict between RTG and Thermos

i did it by accident

No Man's Sky?

Planetside 2

can't go wrong with hiding chickens in his yard

if you have a way of playing sounds when redstone activates, having a tnt sound when he steps on one is bound to make him panic hard

Bloatania lets you create mob sound noteblocks.
With a little bit of redstone creativity, you could have it randomly play a creeper sound after so many steps.

Bat spawners
Everywhere

tenten

ninenine

E L E V E N
L
E
V
E
N

ded game

i cant get to work the hobopack, it closes and says "Process exited with code -1"
what do?

server aint working atm anyway
just give it more ram and try again

"Fatally missing blocks and items"
What did hoboserb mean by this

is hoboserb kill?

I couldn't dl the pack yesterday and I can't join now

What error do you get?

I was just wondering if I could simply remove all my current mystcraft ages permanently from my minecraft folder so I could make new ones.

I just don't want ages to clutter up my save.

Man this reminds me of that one time when creeper somehow exploded in my home and blasted me to attic filled with another three creepers

I'm dumb. I didn't copy the pack properly.

Ill try again tonight.
btw where is it hosted?

pls work hoboserb

Despite all of it, Hoboserb is very much the same old same old mods, isn't it?

People are modding this game? You mean Notch finally released that API he promised four years ago?

nope its just a butcher job

If it's not official then I don't care. Back to real games from competent companies.

People have been modding this game since before he promised that API.

It's just fuckery based on the fact that Java isn't a compiled language

The modding community is enormous, rivalling Skyrim's. Surprised you didn't know.

Daily reminder that the game would run better if they just ported it all to Python and ran it on the nvidia cuda cores.

here we go again..

>random person on server tries to prank me
>put his IP into the other window and watch him get disconnected... forever.

alrighjt then, explain to me why tf this wouldnt work then u faglord since people already use the coda to do programs for

>make random drops off a table happen occasionally when players in a party get kills on mobs
>spend hours with a buddy spawning in tons of 1HP mobs and killing them, causing the rare(or higher) drop indicator fireworks to go off
>accidentally lag out because of all the item drops

I fucking love this shit and I can't wait until I've got everything coded.

r8 my house

Nope.
I ain't falling for this shit.

>doesn't have any idea what the fuck he's talkjing about
>gets caled out for being a fucking morron
>"im not faling for it" and enters total bitch quiet qq mode
your ass stats:
[ ]destroyed
'[ ]not destryed
[x]destroyed

so uh. anybody having trouble finding yuzu when you've got AMT2 and enhanced biomes stuck together?

keep going

>I w-was only pretending to be reardted, haaha O_O
kill your self

>not a compiled language

It's a compiled language. It just doesn't compile to native machine code.

Holy fucking shit its page fucking 10 again

Are there any mods for 1.10.2 that are proper, modular tech mods? Sort of like Botania in that you combine lots of small pieces which accomplish one task each to build an automation system? I tried Immersive Engineering because people claimed it was more realistic, but it's really just a bunch of non-sensical multi-blocks that end up being magic-boxes anyway.

I've heard that Engineer's Toolbox was a mod that was somewhat like this? But that's not an option for 1.10.2 anyhow.

>mods
>for 1.10.2
>proper mods
WEW
Of the few tech mods that are out, most are clones of TE, because people are retarded.
Mekanism might be out for 1.10, and magneticraft might be as well.
Both rely on interconnectivity and systemic design quite a bit.

*of the few new tech mods

I don't know why everyone acts like there aren't many mods for 1.10.2. The BIGGEST complaint I have with Minecraft is item management, and I actually prefer 1.10.2 over 1.7.10 for that, since Refined Storage (AE1-clone) is less of a pain in the ass than AE2.

I suppose the entire Thaumcraft ecosystem is missing, but there are a lot of people, myself included, who tend not to use Thaumcraft much anyway.

Like you said, there's a bunch of TE-clones (EnderIO, Mekanism, etc.) which are ported, but again, TE-clones, magic boxes. I want to be forced to think a little bit.

>mekanism
>TE clone
Maybe like for the first five minutes and two machines?
It's one of the most complex mods in terms of systemic design and logistics there is.

> It's one of the most complex mods

nice meme.

It's just a serious of increasingly longer automation chains culminating in massive multi-block lag machines.

Dude, you just described every single tech mod ever.

>increasingly longer automation chains
Which are complex and require a great deal of fiddling to become self sufficient. And also depend on other chains in order to produce materials.
Mekanism has the longest and most complicated production lines of any mod that I know of.
What the fuck do you mean by complex if not that?
>multi-block lag machines
Mek has very few multiblocks, compared to magneticraft or IE. Mekanism as a whole isn't even laggy save for the cables/pipes/conduits/whatever, and that's because those are FMP.

Hobocraft still down?

> What the fuck do you mean by complex if not that?

Small pieces that do individual tasks that can be combined to accomplish larger automation goals.

Which is what mekanism does?
Fusion reactor power setup.
Plastic production.
Power.
Ore processing - each individual step past 2 requires its own subsystem.
All independent.
All can be build independently.
But they share certain resources, so you could technically interlink them all.

It just sounds like you've never played mekanism.

ded game, ded thread. i don't think minecraft can recover

It comes and goes in waves.

Quickly! post castles!

Post your homey living quarters.

>JEI brings inventory screens down to single digit fps

chickenbones please come back

>lying

I need inspo to finish it, its still in WIP form.

I think development of TFC2 is dead.

Diez

I just cant get myself to start actually getting some shit crafted and built, I just dick around building/decorating
help me lads

Do it now or your mother dies in her sleep tonight.

Kidding of course, but there is nothing wrong with making things look pretty.