How do I know if I have a blown headgasket?

>bought r32 gtst
>changed oil today
>came home from work and took it for a test drive
>test drive was only about 2 mins and I didnt push it hard
>parked car and notice white smoke coming from exhaust

Do I have a blown headgasket?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=718_1469742608
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do I know if I have a blown headgasket?
Engine overheating or murky, cloudy oil

>white smoke coming from exhaust
You're burning piston rings. You deserve it for buying japscrap memecar.

You have an engine rebuild in your near future.

oil was pitch black when I changed it, no chunks or murkyness

>engine rebuild
pls no user

its happenig

White smoke can mean burning coolant but since you have no coolant mixing into your oil and you didn't mention overheating this means soon you'll be burning oil as well as shit compression and excessive blowby in the offending cylinder.

I'll keep saying this until Veeky Forums gets it. Clapped out Nissans are not worth importing for any reason other than as a garage queen.

>I'll keep saying this until Veeky Forums gets it. Clapped out Nissans are not worth importing for any reason other than as a garage queen.
i have to agree.

At least the R33's are good in the corners

>You're burning piston rings
Burning piston rings eh. Interesting. You're talking out your ass. To start with, oil smoke is blueish retard.

Op, it's probably just condensation. Monitor the coolant level and temperature after a decent drive.

>i have to agree.
You have no idea though, so everyone can discard your opinion.

Can you just be banned from Veeky Forums you useless retard? Just because you destroyed your skyline by not knowing how to drive stick doesnt mean all jap cars are shit you stupid cunt

Pretty sure coolant smoke is the blueish one.

I've seen a few people post about white smoke immediately after an oil change. I forget the cause but it's really nothing to worry about.

OP check temps and oil if good let it warm up then thrash it and stop somewhere and check the color then yeah?
Lol i swear op is color blind
Oh okay sure and what qualifies you?

being a mad as little troll?

>getting this triggered
fuck it ill get another r33 just to spite Veeky Forums ill get a 4 speed

it's definitely white

>fuck it ill get another r33 just to spite Veeky Forums ill get a 4 speed
do it, r33s are shit and for shit dicks anyway

get an automatic next time you dumbcunt

What if my 'coolant' is tap water? yes I know it was like this when I bought it :/

I knew a guy with an Astra that had blue smoke blowing from it. It turned out the rocker cover had gone and the engine caught fire. Fix that shit ASAP OP.

Well I mean I've only been a mechanic for 13 years, so you could be right.

>Oh okay sure and what qualifies you?

See above fuckwit. You don't even understand how an intercooler works.

Tap water for coolant? There's your problem then. You can't just run water, especially tap water. You need 50% distilled water and 50% coolant.

>implying
No shit sherlock did you think i'll get a 4 speed manual r33?

R33's are fine

If you are going to let the average driver of a certain car trigger you this hard you got issues
>See above fuckwit. You don't even understand how an intercooler works.
How about you stick 10psi up you're fucking asshole

i can vouch this

my mom's kangoo 1.3diesel engine had white smoke, then funny noises, turns out 3rd cyl piston ring was getting trashed af and the cyl slammed on the valves

4k€ damage, ditched the car, mechanic told me its a bad born engine, all of these 1.3 diesels are (and they're mounted on mercs and nissans too, what pos)

>You can't just run water
you most certainly can

I will buy real coolant tommorow, is the tap water causing the white smoke?

>How about you stick 10psi up you're fucking asshole

How about you get the fuck off this board because you don't know the first thing about cars you dumb cunt. Don't give advice when you are clueless.

I don't care about drivers nigga, R33s are unnecessarily large and heavy. They're a shit chassis to build on.

No, tap water just has no corrosion inhibitors so isn't a good idea, but it won't cause the white smoke.

>is the tap water causing the white smoke?
when hot?

No
Funny how just like every other 'seasoned mechanic' you're so far up your own fucking ass you cant see daylight even if you're looking at the sun

>Getting this mad
>ever
please continue

Tap water isn't a good idea just for the corrosive shit that's in it.

let the idorts have their dyno queen

Ummm... and unless your water is extremely soft, the calcium deposits will have the same effect as the inhibitors... will coat the aluminum and literally ruin the radiator.

I know that. But if you live in a hot climate where it never gets below freezing you can run 100% distilled water no problem whatsoever.

OK GUYS WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW TO CHECK IF CAR IS DEAD

go beat the piss out of it and check the fluids m8

>R32
>Aluminium

lol nope.

white smoke is okay as long as its cold

when it warms up it should go away.

Watch for water coming out could just be condensation.

Distilled yes but he's running regular tap water.

Yes. Thanks for repeating. I fucking know that and I didn't address that part in my first post.

OK so tommorow I go out and buy distilled water, drive the car for a bit and pray to god the white smoke is gone?

how much distilled water to get?

4.6L

Cheap trick is to boil a bunch of filtered tap water and let it cool down then stick that in

10 litres should be enough with coolant mix

Nigga get distilled water AND some coolant.

disregard, I'm retarded and put the oil capacity.

I agree with this guy, but again not having coolant mixed in won't hurt anything.

>Funny how just like every other 'seasoned mechanic' you're so far up your own fucking ass you cant see daylight even if you're looking at the sun

Funny how now you are copying exactly what I was saying

>white smoke is okay as long as its cold
>when it warms up it should go away.
>Watch for water coming out could just be condensation.

Fucking retard. I'm not surprised you think mechanics are up their own ass if they've had to.listen to you spew shit like you actually know something.

Where in aus are you?

Im in australia and I dont think Ive ever lived through a freezing day in my life, do I still need coolant?

>Where in aus are you?
Coffs Harbor please try and road rage me desu ill lodge my fist into youre smug face

>do I still need coolant?
Yes

Look up the best mix for the rb26det

>Cheap trick is to boil a bunch of filtered tap water and let it cool down then stick that in

Yes, that's completely going to remove all the calcium isn't it genius?

Stop
Talking
Out
Of
Your
Ass

>r32 gtst
>rb26det
nigga come on

Yep.

am i speaking to sir jim of shits?

i dont know shit about r3x's
well i dont even bother doing that because rain water i just boil it

That's unfortunate, I'm on the gold coast. Was actually going to offer to try and teach you something so you don't make such a dick of yourself constantly.

>well i dont even bother doing that because rain water i just boil it

Why tell someone else to do it if you don't even understand what it does?

Lol teach me what?

How to snort roids of strippers tits?

is me jimmy

Because i am not a pedantic faggot

>Put water in car
>???
>Works
I flush it every now and then.

lerl

Enjoy the fucked water pump

>Lol teach me what?
The first thing about cars. Since when do people snort steroids?

>Because i am not a pedantic faggot
Wrong. It's because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Pic related, he thread does suck, because retards like you come in and tell op he is "burning his piston rings" when you were dropped on your head as a child.

Enjoy you're small motor
>e retards like you come in and tell op he is "burning his piston rings" when you were dropped on your head as a child.
What? When the fuck did i say he's rings where fucked?

Are you tripping cunt?

this thread has become just dank memes and shit
OP has left

Jimmy stahp

liveleak.com/view?i=718_1469742608

i was joking fuckhead holy shit you are autistic

You agreed with that guy at first. Now you agree with me.

>hurr durr I was just pretending to be retarded guys, it's just a prank!

Were you also joking about not knowing how an intercooler works? Or that boiling water doesn't remove the calcium which is the main problem with fap water? Where does he advice start and the memes end?

>i dont know shit about r3x's
And yet here you are in this thread.

Go buy some coolant as well. Read one of the maintenance threads on sau or god forbid the readily-available-online service manual before you kill the thing.

>To start with, oil smoke is blueish retard.
Your rings burn before your oil homo.

Leak down test on every cylinder.

Rings are made of steel. Pistons are made of aluminium alloy. What has a lower melting point? When rings are fucked (not burnt, it's more likely they are stuck, or the ring lands have melted or detonated to pieces), the rings no longer scrape the oil off the cylinder wall properly, and also don't seal, so you end up with oil in the cylinder, and blowby, putting oil in the intake. The oil then gets burnt. Dickhead.

Burning rings is a colloquialism for rings going bad.
Did you think i mean his rings are literally on fire?
Something is causing them to wear down to nothing. Oil burning in the combustion chamber makes blue smoke. Everyone knows this.

>I'll get another R33
Go for it you're wasting your own money.

Rings don't wear down. If you overheat the engine, you can get a stuck piston which fucks the bore, burns oil. If he engine is sludged up, the rings can stick, burns oil. If it's run low on oil bore can get scored, burns oil (big ends would generally get fucked before his though). Engine is old as fuck so piston to.bore clearance is large and ring gap is bigger and tension lower, burns oil.

Rings don't burn.

What I said anyway, is that op is getting white smoke, not blue smoke (which would be a sign of burning oil), and therefore likely doesnt have a bottom end issue at all.

Jesus this thread proves all australians are shitposters, look at this shitfest. I've seen moody hormonal teenage girls have more rational discussion than this thread

Why does everyone on here hate r33s?

>Rings don't wear down.
>goes through heat cycles.
>skirts won't wear out
okay, anyway.

>Rings don't burn.
Dope, I'm aware, that's just what people say.

op here, I should wait til midday aus time so these fucks are at work and cant ruin the thread

>>Rings don't wear down.
>>goes through heat cycles.
>>skirts won't wear out
Fuck me, you're worried about piston skirts? You know the rings aren't on the skirts right? The bore is the part with the most wear. I've told you the faiure point of rings.

>Dope, I'm aware, that's just what people say.

So you're aware that it's retarded, yet are happy to repeat it ad nauseam? Interesting.

They're the middle child, R34s make more power stock and have a worse AWD system than the R34s.

So, poorfags like me can afford them, unlike R34s.

Jokes you on, I shitpost on here while I'm at work.

>So you're aware that it's retarded, yet are happy to repeat it ad nauseam?
Ecoboost :^)

I own a GTST 33 and have driven a mates GTST 34, there's nothing magnificently better about the 34. Just newer and cost him twice as much. I suppose it's more noticeable in the gtr

Top kek

Did you warm it up before you took it for a drive or has it sat? I find mine always blows a bit of condensation out as it warms up if I don't use it everyday. Still go put some coolant or at least distilled water in it and take it for a thrash

Blue smoke and white shit in your dipstick. Plus a delightful smell.