I'm thinking of buying a Honda S-2000 from a friend. Is it a good first car?

I'm thinking of buying a Honda S-2000 from a friend. Is it a good first car?

uh how much is he selling it for? S2ks retain their value very well

If you live in nice climate? Yes.

Only problem is that it might ruin other cars for you. Anyone who has driven one agrees that it has the best manual shifter of all time.

Is 20k euros a good deal?

Fuck that overrated garbage can, why not get something more faster and more reliable like a FRS. FRS is probably cheaper too

Sure dude, all the fun of the miata and none of the slow

FUCK NO

what year

Should be 2005+ year and around 40k - 50k km

here inow burgerland an s2k averages around 15k freedombucks which I guess is around 9k eurocoins, so unless it's a 2009~ with less than 50k miles, it's not worth it

Cars are never simply converted prices
20k is for a 2005 and over model
Anything below that is 99-2003.
A 2009 is around 33k here

no

the s2000 is faster though with a better aftermarket

If you have 20k and the car is good condition then yes it's a good deal

What year is it? I paid 16k usd for 2002 ap1 with 42k miles and that was a pretty good deal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

16k for a two owner car that was a summer car

AP1 or FD
Reliability or apex seals

i cannot decide what to get

Reliability

A car you can daily drive

I test drove both of them in my lifetime and enjoyed the both of them immensely. as much of a direct upgrade an s2k is to my miata, the only thing I hated about the s2k was the fact that it was a honda

hear me out for a second. when I drove it around, every riced up civic I drove by tried to ricer flyby me and shit. ALL OF THEM. Do all of the s2k owners have to deal with their obnoxious fanbase??

>drive ef civic hatch
>responsibly at the speed limit (unless on a back road)

i don't care about s2000s. its just a 4 cylinder faggot

I get that you don't want to associate with the them but it's a ricer thing if you have a FD which is incredibly rare you would still get the same treatment

s2000 community is literally the same exact community as civics

God, you guys love to overrate this car so much.
It's nothing special. Pretty much every good roadster has a great gearbox for some fucking reason. Even the miata.

>asking a website where the majority are american if you should get an FD
not a good idea m8

It's not overrated . The s2000 is just really fantastic. S2000 over a miata any day

so just...don't race them. No one says you have to be part of the fan base. I dd one. Only thing that sucks is the potholes...you feel like youre breaking the axle every time you hit one

I keep hearing that the rear end can get away from you if you let off the throttle when turning. How severe is this?

Lift off oversteer can happen in any car. Rear wheel drive cars are more susceptible, but I've even managed to oversteer a FF Mazda 3 before.

>15k dollars is 9k euros
15k dollars is about 13 400 euros m8

If you like adding oil every 1000km its a fine car.

Fn2 civic type-r
S2k 2001

Both are thirsty for dat oil