Guild Wars 2 General /gw2g/

Did I do it right edition

old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W (embed)

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Mo Zing Miko, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-20-2016
guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-weapons/
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_female_light_armor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you

2nd for ele rifle elite spec

third for waiting for content to drop so you can blow through it in a day and then be bored again

futasura butt

>vorefags.jpg

Reported this thread

is the engineer a bitch boi spec with no opportunity to excel and thus have very low demand because any braindead clown can be put on it and not be a detriment to raids?

any goat tier classes for a first time gw player?
i don't think i'll like warrior because it's too simple
necromancer because it's not my thing
same with thief and i'll be f2p leveling just to have something to do and check it out so no revenant

>engineer
favorite archtype but wonder if it's any dece
>guardian
always cool but with absolutely no instance xp i'd be a drain on group play
>elementalist, mesmer, ranger
i'd be fine with this

can f2p raid?

Well, it is easy to delete characters, so try all 8 with your limited 2.

I really dont want to know, but at the same time I'm too curious not to find out.

not even asking for source, just what the fuck is eating that necro?

A friendly reminder to NOT play right after the patch is live. You'll lose progress if they reroll again

POST MOAR

most likely going to but not all classes and i still need some sort of insight and thoughts to help me along since i do have to pick one at some point advance further with since i wanna go to level cap primarily

The only reason engineers are in low demand is because people have no idea what the class is capable of and very few players took the time to learn it.
It's completely viable in any kind of content with the strongest single target condi dps and best cleave dps as power (99% of your damage being AoE). In fact, engi damage is higher than D/W ele and slightly under thief when fighting adds at the same time.

looks like aids to play tho

It's part of the appeal, it will ruin all the other classes for you once you get used to it.

PINK FEMSURA CUN CUNS

where do i find charr into vore

where do I find futasuras power bottoms?

>no tanks
>no healers
>just zerg

Where do i find fhd's into bestiality

Try and zerg triple trouble and see what happens kiddo

ff xiv

I have a bit of an existential crisis that perhaps y'all can help with.

I love the lore, and story, and general gameplay of the world, but I can't really think of something to 'do' in game.

I've finished all the campaign related content, and my character has fully exotic gear with ascended trinkets/rings/amulet/weapons.

Is it really worth the grind for ascended armor/legendaries? I've never raided, to be fair.

If it is, wouldn't I be better off just buying the 1k gold or thereabouts to just make the armor for $20, and if so, then what? What do I do then?

>that one content where you can't use the exact same play style as for everything else in the game
>kiddo
lol

>I need something to do
>well I could do these...
>but nah, fuck it, I'll just goy out neetbux for that instead

Is it worth the makeover kit?

Just do it, as in do it in game, else you're just paying to skip content.
Then try raids because they're a big part of the game now.

>Is it really worth the grind for ascended armor/legendaries? I've never raided, to be fair.
>If it is, wouldn't I be better off just buying the 1k gold

You're asking if something is worth the grind, then suggesting that, if it IS, you could skip the grind and just buy the materials.

Here's a question: if you had a button that you could push to immediately get full ascended, and you pushed it, what would you do with the gear? You're still in the same place you were when you started, just with marginally better stats.

the question you should be asking yourself is whether or not you'll enjoy wandering Tyria trying to find
the best spot to gather the stuff you need. otherwise, no.

there are no factions in the game?

forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-20-2016

>Toughness scaling has been removed from Fractals.

Thanks necros, now there's no fucking reason to play condi at all in frogs.

WHAT THE

A NEW LEGENDARY??!!!

HOLY SHIT

>Until now, as fractal scale has increased, creature toughness has also increased. Default toughness reaches as high as 2,384 at scale 100. This huge increase in toughness has made power builds much less viable than condition builds. Ideally, power builds and condition builds should be fairly equally viable at all scales.
Condifags
B T F O
T
F
O

as shitty as it is, they really needed to do something since condi was the only way you could do high end fractals.

And I just got my necro fully decked out in enough gear for T4's.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to play either the PS Warrior or the Necro, as the mood takes me. Darn.

If you're going to be a squatclone you may as go all the way

That's really not true, until people came out with the necro stacking meme, most players were still using power builds.

best class to play after the patch go

I was farming T4s on my GS Power build warrior without any real problems before this patch. The change will help, but what said is true; this is mostly to counter the "4 necros and one druid" meme groups. Anet hates meme groups.

That mace looks based on Warrior

This is simply the death of condi builds in PvE, no classes other than Necro, Engi and PS Warrior somewhat were competitive dps wise using condi builds and now only the drawbacks are left with none of the advantages.

So, I bet that you have probably played every iteration of Asuran personal story. Tell me, how would you rate each biography choice? Which ones are more interesting/fun/or whatever?

Sucks shit that it's cheaper to sell matrices and craft ascended gear than it is to buy it with them.

Probably not.
O...kay?
Who am I again? You may have me confused for another user.

>playing asura

Synergetics = Dynamics > Statics, although if you like Eye of the North then Statics are cool, I'd guess.

Infinity Ball > Val-A golem = Weather-matic-whatever-its-name

even reading the updates doesnt excite me for this game anymore

I think that's hyperbole- condi is still going to be perfectly viable in T4. It wasn't the go-to for speed running even with Toughness the way it was, as far as I know.

I heard that if you touch down on the ground in polymock arena it automatically jails you now.

lame. I remember how awesome it was discovering this hidden, forbidden place and exploring it was. There needs to be more exploration like that, not less.

How is this game?

I am only interested in pve.

my future guildies in that pic

>Statics: The Inquest are dicks, kill them
>Synergetics: The Inquest are dicks, kill them
>Dynamics: The Inquest are dicks, kill them - also decide if you want to risk someone's life to try and save them from being trapped in a golem, or entomb in a golem so they can be together for a day or two until they die of dehydration you idiots I sure hope you didnt ficking do this one.

Winner: Dynamics by a mile.

>Infinity Ball: A key character trait of the Asura is confidence bordering on recklessness. Here you actually examine where that gets you in the long run.
>Transatmospheric Whatever: The Inquest are dicks. Also, Rata Sum is run by a collection of impotent, corrupt assholes. fuck them.
>VAL-A golem: two people stole your idea. kill one, the other now lives in your home instance. That's it.

Clear Winner: Infinity Ball, though the weather machine isn't terrible.

*entomb her boyfriend in a golem so they can be together.

>tfw I am the stupid phoneposter.

>kill one, the other now lives in your home instance
As far as I remember I didn't kill any of the 2 inventors. That story also shows how corrupt the council is within itself.

Test

Ember bay patch when

whos this cum guzzler?

New Mistlock Observatory is kinda comfy.

to be upfront and forthright avec vous, kin, it's been a a VERY long time since I ever gave them thought, so I might be conflating that with something else.

They...didn't give you any safety gloves for this bit.

>played the game to like level 20 something a while ago
>game was fine, just wasn't in the mood for an mmo at the time
>check back, see that they released an expansion
>they give you a max level boost with it

Man, everyone seems to be doing this shit right now. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Well I guess at least they don't sell max level chars like wow does. For now.

Anyway, can I use it on any character, even new ones? I will probably level my 20 something warrior first, I don't see the point in skipping content.

the main story is fairly awful, i doubt anyone does the entire thing again once you finish your racial story

Things don't go downhill until Traherne shows up thanks gods he's dead. Until then, it is fairly personal and entertaining. Then it gets boring with the Pact and all of that. Orr is cool, though.

Is the game just...not loading for anyone else? I've been stuck on the Auric Basin loading screen for a half hour. Haven't been able to get into the game since the patch.

I wish i knew man, i just saved her from a general

I collect aryan nornfus because i admire them very much, they are literally the bestest and most based thing about this game

Pls respond.
I need opinions.

Test it yourself. The vanilla game is free.

ls3>ls2>gw2 core>ls1>hot

Living story 3.2 best guild wars 2 experience so far.

Let me rephrase.
I wanna know what the endgame is like, I have tried the game and seems fun.

Best music theme too

HOT is well executed, but it is is amazingly short. They spent to much time with the build-up of ls2 instead of the actual HOT story.

yeah.

This release was actually a surprise to me. I wasn't expecting another Legendary to be released with this. Does that mean they can get the rest out? Or did the mace happen to be far along enough they could slip it out with this patch?

GW2 has a shitload of problems, but it also happens to probably be the best MMO experience you're going to get currently. It's also fucking FREE to at least try out, so you risk nothing but some sunk time.

yes it was well told. But what they told was shit. the last minute "every dragon has a weakness" twist was awful. and the last second "dude the MIND from the Mind-Dragon is his weakness" """"twist"""" destroyed any godwill that i had for hot

new legendary, new weaponset, fun new normal sized map with jp. i am happy

in the patch notes they said the thing holding them back was the system of making the legendary, with all the little lore bits and adventures and shit, so theyre just ditching that to be able to get the weapon models out in a reasonable time. legendaries are back on, without the lore this time

are you enjoying ember bay?

Yeah, the dragons have never been too interesting. Mordremoth's character improve it a bit at least.

core endgame is alright, but HoT kind of adds to the experience. LS3 in particular has been excellent so far.

yes user

How many missions do you have to do before getting there? I haven't had the chance to try it.

They find you. And when you're done, they take their fill of your body and then spoon you in the afterglow.

guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-weapons/

When you do the first chunk of 3.2, Taimi will change the portal to direct you to Ember Bay to help out the researchers. It's pretty quick.

>Some players viewed “suspended indefinitely” as code words for “canceled,”
>just because we said we were going to stop working on lengendaries, that doesnt mean we were going to stop working on legendaries.

He better have had some rear-view mirrors installed so he doesnt run into anything backpedaling THAT FUCKING HARD.

Its more they are accomoddating the new legendary lore to the content release.

Like it or not, the new Legendary amce is tied to unbound magic.

I like it though: it makes the newer maps more relevant for those who want that specific legendary.

Legendary armor fucking where

But that's not a backpedal, user. You're not even being accurate.

[&CjYbAAA=]
eureka new legendary

am into vore
recently made charr
away from computer though right meow

>/tickle aurine
>nothing happens
Why to live?

Is Commander gear still a huge pain in the ass to get for a casual-ish player?

I'd argue that if they included living story season 2 into the price of HoT it'd be worth it.

The story actually takes a pretty long time to hammer through if you go ls2->HoT

>is Commander gear still a huge pain in the ass to get
Yes
>for a casual-ish player
Double yes
It requires a fuck ton of DS runs, user, that never changed.

True

Have we started the fire?

What's the best fcharr light armor combo?

I haven't played in ~5 months, I was hoping there'd been some sort of change. Thanks though.

reroll a good race combo

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_female_light_armor