/parag/ - Paragon General

Heart of the Cards Edition

epicgames.com/paragon

Previous thread: >What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA by Epic Games. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, the game possesses most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. With a a sci-fi fantasy feel to it, the game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in open beta.

>What's special about Paragon?
Similar to SMITE, Paragon uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls instead of a top-down view. Unlike SMITE, this game takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down and there's multiple levels of elevation. In addition, Paragon uses a card system, which is, for all intents and purposes, a player-customized item shop for individual characters that you build before the game; cards can only be earned with in-game currency, meaning you can't buy power.

>Do I have to unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

Upcoming Patch Notes: epicgames.com/paragon/news/v31-2-release-notes

>Popular Decks
agora.gg/decks;sort=-votes

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mUCtE
reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/53oz9h/travel_mode_changes_coming_in_v32/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can I get a link to the non-dead discord?

I don't keep track of the discords, so I couldn't tell you. Sorry.

They're both dead, the tripfag Discord has been used to play "Murder Miners" just as much as Paragon and some retard that goes by the name of "Tallis" or "DJ Orwell" discusses about everything else but Paragon most of the time. They haven't had a group play Paragon in the Discord for days now, I wouldn't recommend going there. The other Discord was a better experience but very much dead.

I don't mind people playing or talking about other videogames. I'm not autistic. I'll just ask if anyone wants to play Paragon.

link?

discord.gg/mUCtE

>Gideon blinks into the air and ults
>No one gets hit
>Ranged people just shoot him

Okay

Grim is a fun ranger

If crit is ever un-fucked he'll have more of an edge

reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/53oz9h/travel_mode_changes_coming_in_v32/

I'm really shit at this game, I love playing it but I'm getting a bit disheartened. Should power through and keep playing til I improve or just give up?

tl;dr - In patch v32, travel mode is getting nerfed from 880 speed to 750 speed. This is a stopgap until travel mode is fully removed.

You can still improve, and the game itself is still changing significantly, so don't take things personally.

Spend the first several minutes of the game farming, getting as many killing blows on minions as you can if you're a laner, and clear as many white camps as you can if you're a jungler. Only leave your farming area if there is a clear opportunity to gank. Only recall when you are too behind to farm safely. Ideal team setup is one jungler, 3 laners (mid laner is usually a mage like Gideon, Iggy, Howitzer) with a support/tank in the carry's lane. Stick with that format. Look up decks on agora.gg to learn how to build heroes.

Thanks for the advice, that's mainly what I've been trying to do, I've only been playing solo queue so far so maybe it has something to with the the lack of communication too, but I definitely need to practice getting out of the line of fire and I've been guilty of stupid chasing too

>full removal of travel mode
What's replacing it?

Epic doesn't know yet.

It's me or they fucked up the sound ?

Only on PS4. It's a known issue and Epic is gonna fix it (they probably overzealously compressed the audio to save memory, lol). In the meantime, get a job and build a proper PC.

They teased a test mechanic that allowed you to teleport to an allied structure on a long cooldown, kind of like the Portal Stone card lets you do now, only it would be an option available to all heroes. That evidently fell through and they're looking to replace it with whatever works.

Good on them, travel mode is cancer. If at the 30 minute mark, all five enemy heroes are in red lane, and I start attacking their blue T1, I should be able to destroy it and escape before they all arrive. If I've warded my lane properly and the enemy hasn't, I shouldn't get ganked because Khaimera can enter my ward radius, run up on me, and grab my ass before I can even reach my tower that's 30 feet away. And a hero with no CC should not be able to slow an enemy until their teammates arrive. Travel mode is an asinine design choice that punishes teams for pushing and mitigates the punishment for leaving entire lanes undefended.

bump

Is there a range where you could be up in the air and still have it deal damage and pull people below you? That sounds like it could be really cool.

Not to sound like a graphics fag but holy fuck the game is pretty. The heroes models are smooth and crazy well built. Clipping is extremely rare, and they damn well are making sure every character utilizes Unreal 4 physics to the hilt.

Its area of effect is a sphere. Being up in the air may put you out of reach of some abilities and melee attacks, but it makes it easier for enemies to escape.

It has actual graphics.

>Twinblast players
>Kallari players
>PS4 players
>players picking another jungler after one has been picked before you
>junglers that spend all day in jungle and don't look at the minimap for gank chances
>junglers that will literally let an enemy run right by/in front/behind them while they're farming a camp

Nothing wrong with Kallari if the player is competent.

I recognize the bird/bull from Drink the Spirits and Charging Brute, but are the bottom two graphics in the background from cards we don't have yet?

Thanks faggot

You're welcome. Also, put your trip back on.

Look guys he said hahahah man thats so funny have an upvote good sir well played lel xD

bump!

Time for you to go back to R*ddit and get caught up with all the hottest Paragon news and official Epic replies on the topics that matter to us.

Any tips for a new player?

Keep your head on a swivel and ward

New to the genre or just new to this game specifically?

I thought only supports do that :^)
To this game

Tips for someone new to the genre as well as this game?

The ward items are so cost effective in this game, you are just sacrificing half your fully upgraded item bonus for it (like 75 mana or 6.5 stats). And they recharge at the fountain. And they are all invisibility detection except for the scout ward.

Buy ward items, they're great.

Will keep that in mind, thanks

I'm player 4 on blue team

>singlehandedly carry team to winning conditions against a team that is, by all means, stacked against us
>our Murdock (player 5) has the lowest KDA on the team despite the game lasting fucking forever and having a competent Steel babysitting him the whole game
>lose every tower and inhib one by one because Murdock is too busy stealing blue buff and Belica is too busy trying to split push with her shit damage abilities instead of support
>lose by a landslide

It's games like these that REALLY make me want to see what goes into Epic's MMR. I should be GAINING MMR for giving these downies a fighting chance for an HOUR.

asdfasdf

Is the game being on console the only reason why we're limited to 4 active items

>put a shadow ward in your deck or you're a bad player
>in the beginning phase of the game, before the team is ready to push enemy towers, just focus on staying alive and last hitting. Start fights with other players ONLY when you think you can win a fight, or when you think you can out-range them with your abilities/basic attack and force them to recall to base early
>group up with your team at every opportunity. If you are a tank (Steel, Riktor, or Sevarog) or support caster (The Fey, Dekker, Belica, Muriel, Narbash) then stick with your team at all times and, if possible, your ranger
>don't build crit, build damage and attack speed instead
>don't build mana regen, build max mana instead (unless you're going up against an enemy Belica as a caster--good idea to have a mana regen card in your deck in this case)
>no fighter, tank, support, Gideon, Iggy & Scorch, or Sparrow deck is complete without at least some armor
>take the buffs. Black buff is in the middle of the map, between your red buff and the enemy's, and will help you destroy enemy harvesters and towers. Take this if you safely can, especially when you're planning on pushing a tower. Red Buff increases basic attack damage and movement speed when you hit an enemy. Take this if you're a fighter early on, but later rangers get priority for red buff. Blue buff increases mana regen and cooldown reduction, and goes to casters or tanks with high CDR and mana use. Don't let your buffs sit the whole game, they give you a big edge.
>if you have any questions as to how to build any individual hero ask /parag/ or look at decks on agora.gg (link in the op)
>GROUP UP and PUSH TOWERS when more enemies are dead than teammates

Yes.

Meanwhile, being stuck to the retarded (emulated) confines of the Warcraft III engine is why most MOBAs don't even permit you to move and attack independently.

I'd say the PS4 has harmed this game much less than PC gaming as a whole has harmed the genre up to this point.

That's not even true, there's 3 fucking buttons that aren't even used on console. And that's not to mention they could easily use one of those buttons to set up an alternate set of items to activate.

?

The only one I'm aware of that isn't used is L3.

do you take the time to rate your fellow players /parag/?

Is there a reason to NOT pick Khaimera, Grux, or Greystone?

All the bad ones definitely get some kind of negative rating from me. I give stuff to the decent people I notice, and don't touch the enemy team stuff unless they have leavers

If I'm buttblasted they get a negative rating

If their KDA

PSG here give me an invite

im coming to own this fukkn thred

asdfasdfasdf

Which Paragons would you fug?

Muriel's body is probably designed for peak penis stimulation

Rampage.

Not even joking.

Sparrow

When should you stop playing vs computer and do pvp?

today. there is no ranked so you don't risk anything playing normals

except literally everyone is treating the agora ELO as though it's your ranked elo. It still doesn't matter but people WILL judge you on it.

true, but if being judged in video games is a legitimate concern by all means keep playing against bots

It's a legitimate concern when people treat you differently in game because you're not treating every single match like there's a million dollars on the line.

>ward counter is still at 0%
>increases in increments of 10%
>fewer than 17.5k players have placed a ward today

We're gonna fail this event, aren't we?

absolutely.

also I still haven't gotten my rep for the belica hero race, not the level 10 rewards, not the exp total rewards. did I need to do something special or did I just not qualify because it was the first hero race i've been in?

A good night of long fought comebacks

good night /parag/ hopefully you aren't autosaged by morning

You should have gotten the rewards as the race was going on. The rep bonus was given in increments as new milestones were hit. You shouldn't even have had to play Belica, I haven't even tried her yet and I got the full reward.

Also,

>actually participating in the hero race

Fucking why? Isn't that basically a nonstop week of only playing one hero, even with a boost? Is that really worth a

I was just doing it for fun as I learned the game a bit more. Learning the map and what cards are generally good, generally bad, etc etc.

Belica is love belica is life, I love playing her, welcome addition to the game

HOW TO QUICKFIX THIS TURD-LIKE STATE OF THE GAME
>increase respawn timers by 50%
>any cxp you get past lvl 60 is slowly added to all of your stats

>It still doesn't matter but people WILL judge you on it.

It's not like you really care about their judgment, Anonymous.

Also if you're playing with randoms, none of them are actually going to bother looking you up before the match unless they are chodes, and you can mute them.

Only way they can increase that respawn is if they fix travel mode, Ganks are to prevalent

after 1 or 2 games

>increase respawn timers by 50%
>dying at late game means you're out for 2 (TWO) and a half minutes
nah

uhhh I guess if you actually LIKE how long the game is forced to go into every match.

But after today, I'm done with the game until they fix the long match lengths.

>12 kill difference
seem the bigger problem there is that no one pushed and grouped up when ya got team kills

I'm going to miss Travel Mode if they get rid of it because i like the run animations. Kind of separated the game from others for me. Also lead to good things as even if it did do bad things...

no reason they have to get rid of the animations

once being out of combat for 5 seconds just switch to the current travel mode animations, even if there's no speed increase (i don't think travel mode should ever be done away with completely, I imagine once they've implemented whatever system to replace it the current travel mode system will still exist but only give a small speed increase like 10%)

am i missing anything?

>take out blink you already have a built in-
no

Why not the int blink instead of regular?

can't use in combat, uses mana when i spend only a couple of points on it.

Very rarely would the cooldown ever come into play in a teamfight, fight is won or lost by then and it's worse than blink charm if the fight is lost.

SHOULD I EQUIP CHARGING BRUTE EARLY GAME ON SPARROW OR LATE GAME?

mid-late i'd say

it's a tough question since it's an immediate 4 point investment for the movement, for 5 points you can have blink which is a very reliable escape... so bare minimum you can ask: "when should i get blink" and apply this there as well

I think the answer is "slightly earlier than you would get blink, but when you are guaranteed to be farming hard"

Also I think getting it earlier is good if the enemy is pushing hard, since it essentially makes you able to be ballsier in a lane

so somewhere around 18-30 cp probably?? idk

>so somewhere around 18-30 cp probably?? idk
I'll try this out, I usually spend those building Armor, I'll give it to brute and start farming hard for the next few games and rely on jukes to get a way and see how that works.

Can I get a a Critique on my deck for sparrow
Been trying to use her well for a while, hoping this helps me survive and attack more
Never really use health potions seeing as how if Im taking massive damage, I'm usually alone in my own lane since no one comes to help from what Iv'e experienced so I cut it out.

guys live

explain

He either lag spiked and realized he aimed wrong, or puss'd out because Murdock meme and decided not to ambush.

>aimed wrong
do you know how Khai's jump works?

Admittedly, no. Haven't had a chance to try him. Looks about as confused as Gideon was after he landed, so I scratch my first assumptions.

Khaimera's jump only works when targeting a player. It's not a free jump like Greystone's; he can only leap onto an enemy player.

Hells. Good to know. I feel most at home with tank heroes so I've neglected carries and junglers in Paragon

get OFF of page 10

>just switch to the current travel mode animations, even if there's no speed increase

Yeah, just show them running at the same speed they walk. Absolutely nothing retarded about that.

Put your trip back on.

Who is the most radical hero and why is it pic related?

Looks like shit
Where's my sexy big breasted bard chick

fuck off LoL window licker

go back to your sloppily coded cartoon game for children on family PCs

>Sitting on window licking
Don't knock it 'til you try it

>literally zero paragon heroines have boobs or butt physics
>unreal 4 engine level muscle and pectoral jiggle bones on male heroes

nothing wrong with PS4 players either, I've played with a couple PCucks and they aren't any better

>
L3, R3 and left trigger.

bump